PDA

View Full Version : Norse Paganism

morrtigan
July 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Hi!
I need some help answering a question....I am intrested in becoming a student of a friend of mine who teaches a Norse Pagan group. But he asked me a question after I posted an answer to a previous question(this is kinda like an interview process) Here is my answer and his question:
(This is my answer to his earlier question about the Norse bringing me into focus in my spirtual journey)
"I do think the Norse would give me a focus".

Why? Why the Norse? Tell me what it is that my path has that you feel you will find here.

the thing is I dont know why....I think I may find a place to be....something that will become apart of me...I just dont know how to answer this without sounding empty. I want to study Norse because I just do...I dont know what to say.
Can any of you give me some ideas? maybe I just need to focus my thought...I would really appreciate your ideas.
Thank you so much.
morrtigan

Sage Rainsong
July 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Well then tell him what you just said. The Norse way is something that you simply can't put into words and it is something that is calling your soul. It may also help to state some specifcs of what you are attracted to. For example do the Norse Gods appeal to you, the ancestor reverence and/or the noble virtues? Tell him so. I hope this helps and good luck.

Malcolm
July 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
the thing is I dont know why....I think I may find a place to be....something that will become apart of me...I just dont know how to answer this without sounding empty. I want to study Norse because I just do...

Sounds good enough to me. One of the things I love about the norse is that your words don't mean anything, its your deeds that make the gods notice you.

Well...actually thats not true...your word is very important.

What "flavor" of norse paganism are you talking about though?

morrtigan
July 7th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Im not really sure, it is just Norse Paganism....I guess I didnt realize there were "flavors"

NorseWiccan
August 16th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I was like that for a while too. The Norse gods are the most appealing to me, and I'm sure it's because of their ability to be both honest and helpful, but allowing us the room to grow. They don't demand reverence, but they know I will give it and that I am truly honored to live with them in my heart.

Odin is a much nicer god than I could have ever imagined, but he will not just do everything for me. If I have a problem, it's up to me to solve it. Sure, Odin will and does help me, but I am still in control of my life and what happens, whether good or bad, is up to me to deal with. Unlike some other religions I don't rely on my gods for everything or blame them when something bad happens. Maybe that sort of resposibility is a part of what draws so many to this pantheon. The gods love and help you, but only if you truly want to help your self.

Dale Ivarie
August 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know you or the situation...but I get the feeling from your posts that you are looking for clan, kinship a group to belong too...and what is available is this particular norse group...if you like the people involved and what to belong to their group be cause they..feel comfortable to you....That's what I would tell them...

Clans, tribes and other groups of old cultures accepted outsiders (those not born into the group) from time to time because they "fit" well....

Again these are just thoughts without knowing more about you and your situation they are WAGs (wild a** guesses)

Personally I have a special kinship with aspects of the Norse..one of my spiritual connections is throught one particular Norse diety...dove into their mythology heavy as a child...etc etc....

If you are comfortable maybe give a little more info about your situation...

And keep us posted how things are workign out...

Dale