PDA

View Full Version : Adopt A Newbie Program Q&A

Kalika
July 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Please post questions regarding the adopt-a-newbie mentoring program here. :) This way, I'll be able to respond quickly, since I'm subscribed to the thread! :boing:

Tanya
September 5th, 2006, 12:06 AM
I've signed up as an adoptor.... but nothing has happened since then.... how to I adopt one? They are sooo cute!!!

Kalika
September 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I've signed up as an adoptor.... but nothing has happened since then.... how to I adopt one? They are sooo cute!!!

:lol:

I am waiting for a few more mentors to sign up so that I can pair several people up at once... which reminds me... it's announcement time!

Gryffon
January 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Asking this here, in case others have a similar question/thought (and hope it's okay to ask here).

I've yet to pin down a path/any interests (although I have been trying to, unsuccessfully, for many years even before finding MW)...ie, don't feel strongly attracted to a certain path/interest in particular, or if I am, am unsure why/what to do about it. And while I've dabbled a bit with Tarot, have never done anything with anything else, still. Gah, feel so stupid as others don't seem to have a problem with this, but I can't figure out how to pin anything down, mainly due to being uncertain on what I'm doing. Sorry, this probably makes no sense. But, if it does, in this case, what would be good/useful to put down as 'interests' in that part of the questionnaire?

Ie, would it be good to put down a couple of paths that I'd be vaguely interested in, even if I'm not sure they really fit? That's the only topic relating to interests I can think of, offhand, actually!

Kalika
January 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Asking this here, in case others have a similar question/thought (and hope it's okay to ask here).

I've yet to pin down a path/any interests (although I have been trying to, unsuccessfully, for many years even before finding MW)...ie, don't feel strongly attracted to a certain path/interest in particular, or if I am, am unsure why/what to do about it. And while I've dabbled a bit with Tarot, have never done anything with anything else, still. Gah, feel so stupid as others don't seem to have a problem with this, but I can't figure out how to pin anything down, mainly due to being uncertain on what I'm doing. Sorry, this probably makes no sense. But, if it does, in this case, what would be good/useful to put down as 'interests' in that part of the questionnaire?

Ie, would it be good to put down a couple of paths that I'd be vaguely interested in, even if I'm not sure they really fit? That's the
only topic relating to interests I can think of, offhand, actually!

Vague is actually easier to work with than extremely specific. Most "experienced" pagans have a wide variety of knowledge, and can therefore help those people that don't know exactly what they are interested in yet, or what exactly they want to do.

If there are paths, pantheons, arts or tools you are specifically interested in, that would be where I would start. Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism, Egyptian, Greek, Hindu, Scrying, Divination, Tarot.... all are examples of things that you could list - there are thousands of others, but I wanted to give you an idea of where you could go.

I hope that answered your question!

Midnight River
February 8th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hello,

Sorry, I'm new here (I hope I'm posting in the right forum!) and I was wondering about the 'Adopt a Newbie' program. Is it still running? Because I'd be interested as signing up as a 'newbie.' I've been pagan for only a few months, but I've been learning as much as I can.

For the sake of classifying, I consider myself a (newbie) Eclectic pagan, with Kemetic influences. (I am drawn to Wepwawet and Seshat, though I haven't been able to communicate with them. I have been helped by Wepwawet, but I didn't see or hear him) I am also trying to learn more about Native American beliefs and deities (Shakura in particular, as he appeared to me in a sort of dream on Lammas night, for reasons still unknown to me unfortunately)

I'd like to learn more about herbal healing, divination (tarot in particular-though I don't have a deck yet) ...pretty much anything anyone is willing to teach me. :)

synopa
February 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
hhmmm, I emailed, but as of yet haven't recieved a responce. Is the program still running?

enteef89
February 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I got assigned to a tutor, and they have yet to help me in any way. I have even send them messages and what not, but to no avail, help has yet to come...

Kalika
February 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Ok, let's take these in order:

Midnight River - yes the program is still running. Please send me an email. :)

Synopa - PM me your email address so that I can confirm that I received your email.

enteef89 - Please PM me your mentor (Bix did the last assignments) and I will see about getting you reassigned.

Midnight River
February 15th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Argh! Sorry, I'm new to this site, so I don't know how everything works. How do I send you an email, Kalika? Did you mean from MysticWicks, or from another site?

Kalika
February 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Argh! Sorry, I'm new to this site, so I don't know how everything works. How do I send you an email, Kalika? Did you mean from MysticWicks, or from another site?

You can just send me a regular email - from your regular email. :) It doesn't have to be connected to MW.

For PM's, if you go into your UserCP, you will see off to the left side a list of links... one of which is "Send Private Message." :)

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Is the adopt-a-newbie program still running? I want to be adopted I'm cute!:boing: