PDA

View Full Version : New and Need Help

WynnJera
February 12th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Hello ~ My Name is WynnJera and I am new here.... I was in a bad car accident last Oct ( 5 months ago ) and I want to try to get back into shape ~ I go to physio but it is not helping much ~ any suggestions on a place to start .... BB ~ WynnJera ~

Twilight Garden
February 12th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Depends on how out of shape you've gotten. I'd say start slow. Maybe start with doing daily streches to "wake up" those muscles that you haven't been using. It may not seem like much, but unused muscles need a refresher. Where you go from there depends on what is accessable to you. A gym, work out videos, classes, weights...? What types of things are you looking for? A balanced diet is extremely important as well.

Lavender
February 13th, 2002, 01:05 AM
What about yoga? A good beginner's class would be very gentle and the stretching might help. Start out slow. Especially if you're still recovering from the accident. Before you start anything, I would recomend you talk to your physiotherapist & doctor first. Maybe they can also suggest something for you. I started doing yoga because of a bad back. Now, I keep doing it because I love it. Give yoga a serious thought. :)

WynnJera
February 13th, 2002, 01:18 AM
:thumbsup:

Thx for the input ~ Doc and therapist both know ~ but in a few weeks I am to start a back to work program ( elderly care worker ) and once I am back to work my physio coverage stops ( very lame if you ask me ) he said that what I am doing there could be done at any gym ~ but since I am already a goddess sized woman and just a tad shy ~ I was looking for more that I could do at home before running off to the gym ~ pre accident I was working 30 hrs a week at the hospital and working out 5 days a week ~ 3 times at home on bike and rower ( but due to accident can not handle yet ) and aquafit 2 times a week and do not yet attend again for same reason ~ Yoga sounds like a great place to start ~ I bet I could get tapes at the local video store to try out ~ Thx again ~ BB ~ WynnJera ~