PDA

View Full Version : Fish from heavens rain on India's Manna

Laisrean
July 25th, 2006, 02:24 AM
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-07-24T082440Z_01_DEL282231_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-INDIA-FISH.XML&src=rss

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The people of Kerala in India's southwest are famed for turning fish into spicy feasts fit for gods, but last week the heavens turned provider as fish rained down on the village of Manna, a newspaper reported on Monday.

When the clouds broke last Thursday, villagers said they saw small, pencil-thin live fish falling from the sky.

Dear god, please sky-fall me some tasty salmon.
:dinnertim

misty
July 25th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Nah...see, if it were REALLY an act of God, he'd have zapped em with some lightening so they fell to the ground fully cooked and ready to eat :).

MoonDragn
July 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Sounds fishy to me. Someone must have been praying just for the halibut.

HeavensHope
August 3rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
free dinner! :)

Old Witch
August 14th, 2006, 11:37 PM
It really does rain fish and frogs...it is a weather phenomena...but I can't really remember what it is called...Google could probably provide it's name...

proxieme
August 14th, 2006, 11:41 PM
It really does rain fish and frogs...it is a weather phenomena...but I can't really remember what it is called...Google could probably provide it's name...
Old Witch beat me to it.
Or if you'd like to watch a movie rather than look it up, I think the name's mentioned in Magnolia.