PDA

View Full Version : Strengthening Your Visualization Skills

Autumn Clair
August 1st, 2006, 11:57 AM
Assignment I

Get into a comfortable position, relax by taking a deep breath in and exhaling. Close your eyes. Count backwards from ten remember to continue to breathe. When you reach one I want you to picture a place your most relaxed, a pleasant memory of something you've done, or a place you like to go. Visualize it all. When you feel yourself calm and fully relaxed I want you then to count backwards from 10 when you reach one open your eyes, slowly move from your positions you have chosen and tell us how it went.

Mordaen
August 1st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Assignment I

slowly move from your positions you have chosen and tell us how it went.

You lost me on that part, am I supposed to keep visualizing this while moving around or...?

Autumn Clair
August 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
You lost me on that part, am I supposed to keep visualizing this while moving around or...? Once you count from ten the second time it will bring you back out of the meditation state. You'll open your eyes and slowly start to move. It is always recommended that you don't jump up and just start doing things it takes away from that meditation. You want to slowly get up from the position you were in make yourself fully aware first. This will help carry that state of calmness into your everyday routine.

So before your decide to go about your business. Just slowly move from your position and reflect you how your feeling.

Mordaen
August 2nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ahh ok, course I normally do that now for about a min or so after the tree incident.