PDA

View Full Version : The Most Influential Historical Figure ....

Danustouch
February 15th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Who do you think, are the most influential historical figures of all time, and why?

The first one that came to mind, for me, was Jesus Christ. Man, or Myth...it is undeniable that the man..or the belief in him, has shaped much of modern mankind.

Who else do you think had a major impact on the world, historically, an impact which is still very much felt today?

Mercuria
February 18th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Caius Julius Caesar- He certainly left his mark on the western world.

Albert Einstein- Shatterd our notions of a commonsense reality.

William Shakespeare- As every english student knows, he is the poet who all others are compared to.

Walt Disney- The first person to envision a completely integrated and all-permeating brand name.

Just some of my own thoughts, I could think of so many more.....

Mercuria

Danustouch
February 18th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Wow mercuria...i agree with all of your examples. You put a lot of thought into that response. Thanks :)

BrightStar
February 22nd, 2002, 01:26 AM
Hi all!
Such a hard question!!I'm gonna type what comes off the top of my head,but there are surely many more figures that qualify!
Alexander the Great.By conquering what was,at that time,most of the known world,he led many cultures to meet.Egypt and India,Persia and Greece.African,Asian,and European lands all under one guy.Although he led a short life,his influence has been felt through the ages.For good and bad.

Socrates.At least in the West,he leads us to study ourselves,and to question things.His method of teaching is used in all Law schools,and many university classes today.

And I have to throw in Gandhi.His methods of passive resistance,of nonviolent protest,are revolutionary still.I think he'll be remembered in ages to come.
Peace and Love
BrightStar

Illuminatus
February 22nd, 2002, 06:39 PM
Winston Churchill

He saved the F*@$#'n world!!!!!!!

mato
February 22nd, 2002, 07:02 PM
Quetzalcoatl, creator savior (through his blood was mankind resurrected) recreator man myth god legend three kings and the cause of the rise and fall of the aztec empire, the most influencial empire in all of the americas.

The demon Cortez, the beast directly responsible for the destruction and creation of an entire people. Both destroyer and creator, but a demon none the less. Quauhtlatoatzin (his conquered name was Juan Diego) another savior of the people, the Goddess' messanger and bringer of hope (however little).