PDA

View Full Version : The babies have arrived...

cjtarot
August 4th, 2006, 09:38 PM
hi

I was never allowed to have rodents as pets..even the harmless guinie pig freeked Mom out..

So when my daughters and I were introduced to domestic rats, I fell in love.

Now we have 3 females. Two sisters and just got their half sister the other day (no pix of the newby pepper yet .. sorry). They are still little and I'm probably not training them right. They have free run of my desk. They will only stay on your shoulders when you are standing, walk or they are eating a treat.

JUST TELL ME DO THEY EVER STOP MOVING..lol..they are so curious.

Advise welcome. :cheers:

Cj

Bronach Druid
August 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
So cute! Congratulations! :)

fireopalmuse
August 5th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I do not think they ever stop moving, except maybe, in there cage to sleep :wave: lol They are a handful to say the least, I personally have never had a rat as a pet, but I had hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, In fact, I just lost my last guinea pig a few months ago, he was so old. :yikess: His name was beetlejuice, I miss him, lol , never thought I would miss a guinea pig,, lol ...:boing: Anyway good luck with your pet rats, they are fun to handle, I used to work at a pet store, so I would know, lol....take it easy..:cheers:

Cindlady2
August 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM
They are FUN!!!
They will calm down a bit as they get older... maybe not much.... but a bit! LOL
Good Luck!

cjtarot
August 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
HI,

Thanks for the encouragement..I was actually hoping they would just sit on my shoulder and stay there..BOY WAS I WRONG..

But you are right, they are cute and fun to watch and play with.

I'm sorry to hear about beetlejuice. I hope you can find it in your heart to give another pet a home soon.

Bright Blessings,

Cj

TheTempestuous1
August 10th, 2006, 11:48 PM
girl rats are much more active and hyper than boys, so you are looking at a while until they calm down. go to goosemoose.com and click on the rats rule forum and you will find all kinds of advice. or my website is megsmagicalrats.bravehost.com

fireopalmuse
August 11th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yea good old beetlejuice, he is missed, and your welcome, have you ever thought about getting a ferret or 2??:hahugh: My sister used to have a couple of them, I guess they are A REAL Handful, LOL :lol: ... I probably will get a new pet, just not sure what kind yet?? I used to have two toads, _vb_ :hmmmmm: :fishtank: _witchball :jamsessio they were cool, pretty much just sat there all the time, LOL , I also had a couple of different tarantulas, those were awesome. .. Anyway, thanks for commenting about Beetlejuice, I appreciate it...BB :boing:
HI,

Thanks for the encouragement..I was actually hoping they would just sit on my shoulder and stay there..BOY WAS I WRONG..

But you are right, they are cute and fun to watch and play with.

I'm sorry to hear about beetlejuice. I hope you can find it in your heart to give another pet a home soon.

Bright Blessings,

Cj