PDA

View Full Version : A-May-ing with the Kids

Litha
April 3rd, 2001, 02:26 PM
As soon as Spring has really sprung in your area--flowers blooming, leaves budding out--take the kids
a-maying.
You don't have to wait until May!

Give each child a small basket to carry.
Easter baskets from the discount store work
great as do recycled baskets from thrift shops.
Plan a long nature walk through a park, farm, or forest. Look for wildflowers and other signs of Spring.

Let the kids collect these and carry them home in their baskets and when you reach home, spend a
devotional time in front of the family altar (or at the children's altars if they altars) letting each child carefully remove the signs of Spring and place them on the altar, keeping in mind the blessings of a new season.

Each flower is a gift from the Goddess, and
spending a few moments to notice its beauty is worship.

ruthie
April 16th, 2001, 05:30 AM
In Britain it is illegal to pick wild flowers, however, I will adapt this idea, and we will pick up debris, such as stones, branches, and the like which lie upon the ground. We often do this as the seasons roll on. It gives Elea a chance to see the changes around her. Autumn is always the best time of year for this kind of scavenger hunt, what with the acorns, conkers and the like.

Fawn
April 16th, 2001, 04:01 PM
I am glad that others do this too I was unde4r the impression for a while that "I" was the only one to allow my child to particiapte in the pagan ways.
Am I ever glad I found this site!!