PDA

View Full Version : 'sup 'scordians 'subs and 'something else.

Tentasticle
August 11th, 2006, 07:25 AM
I'm lacking a credible reason why you take yourselves 'so 'seriously.

Am I missing something?

No points for "the point".

eldora_avalon
August 11th, 2006, 01:56 PM

Am I missing something?

Other than horrible sentence structure, I think you are either looking too hard or not hard enough.:nyah:

Tentasticle
August 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
No points for you.

Cain
August 12th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Am I missing something?

Because its fun and it makes the Normals squirm uncomfortably, which is the least they deserve.

Deranged Hermit
August 12th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Do I take myself seriously? Or is that just what I want you to think? :2G:

Infinite Grey
August 12th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Meh, they're all too serious with their "asshatery"... they so need to relax :hahugh:

Amelserru_halqu
August 12th, 2006, 09:21 AM
because we imbibe vast quantities of sugar?

eldora_avalon
August 12th, 2006, 09:47 AM
because we imbibe vast quantities of caffeine?
fixxored :hehehehe:

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Am I missing something?

If you think this is nothing but a big joke, well, by "Bob", you'll never get the punchline.

LB,
Thinks there's just as much reason to take this as seriously - if not more - than some people take mahdjgickque, Wicca, Christianity, or Tony Danza.

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Other than horrible sentence structure, I think you are either looking too hard or not hard enough.:nyah:

Cazart!

W1nnar.

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ah :) Confusion!

I meant particular individuals, not the disorganisations in general.

Edit: Eldora: #98CCEE </cryptic>

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Ah :) Confusion!

I meant particular individuals, not the disorganisations in general.

Edit: Eldora: #98CCEE </cryptic>

I'm just curious as to why you are curious.

Why shouldn't anyone take it seriously?

merlo
August 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM
what's the incubation period on black widow eggs? mom's getting antsy

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I'm just curious as to why you are curious.

Why shouldn't anyone take it seriously?

There's that "it"/"themselves" dichotomy again...

Obv. I'm not getting my point across...

OK: REBOOT THREAD.

To: A number of Discordians/SubGenii/Etc. (some of whom post on MW):- Why do you seem to be such a joyless, serious bunch of buggers? Where's the love, guys?

Better :)?

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM
what's the incubation period on black widow eggs? mom's getting antsy

14-30 days. Probably.

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM

To: A number of Discordians/SubGenii/Etc. (some of whom post on MW):- Why do you seem to be such a joyless, serious bunch of buggers? Where's the love, guys?

Who the hell said we were joyless and serious?

Just because we don't babble dadaist crap and call it Discordianism doesn't mean we're always serious.

Hell, I laugh all the time. For example, I'm having a good laugh at the dumbasses in the TSA, right now.

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Who the hell said we were joyless and serious?

Just because we don't babble dadaist crap and call it Discordianism doesn't mean we're always serious.

Hell, I laugh all the time. For example, I'm having a good laugh at the dumbasses in the TSA, right now.

I did.

And I also said "a number of you".

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I did.

And I also said "a number of you".

1. Neat. So, you're a psychic? Can you guess what I'm thinking right now?

2. Whom? In particular. TIA.

LB,
Loves vaguely accusatory threads about "certain people" that shall, of course, be nameless. :lol:

merlo
August 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
14-30 days. Probably.

THIS IS HUMOUR, JUST A JOKE

I've an ebay ad out, I've sold 22 babies already, they're gonna be shipped in plastic eggs. should I poke a hole in the eggs for breathing room?

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 05:37 PM
1. Neat. So, you're a psychic? Can you guess what I'm thinking right now?

See that "seem" in there too? At a guess, you're probably thinking "Why do I keep misreading sentences"? :)

2. Whom? In particular. TIA.

LB,
Loves vaguely accusatory threads about "certain people" that shall, of course, be nameless. :lol:

Here? Vincent Verthaine, semi, Cain, Meabh23. That's about it off the top of my head. If they don't agree then fine - just my perception of them :P

Elsewhere? Not really relevant to this thread - I'll ask them myself next time I see/hear from them. Consider that as musing out loud on that section.

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Here? Vincent Verthaine, semi, Cain, Meabh23. That's about it off the top of my head. If they don't agree then fine - just my perception of them :P

Well, my perception of you is that you spend an awful lot of time creating mental states for other people.

Just saying.

LB,
Knows Cain and Verthaine, and wonders how the hell you came to THAT conclusion.

eldora_avalon
August 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM

This may be a first. Usually we get accused of not taking things sesriously enough. :spaceman: Or maybe that's just me since I didn't make the list of overly serious Discordians. Which is weird, because usually I am the one being accused of not being Discordian enough, unless it's someone else's turn to be not Discordian enough in which case it's not me being too serious that day, but otherwise it usually is, exceot when it's not. :cheers:

Little Billy
August 13th, 2006, 09:17 PM
This may be a first. Usually we get accused of not taking things sesriously enough.

Absurd.

LB,
Takes everything seriously. :viking:

merlo
August 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM
yea, like how do you get new recruits if everybodies all serious....and...and

*holds water pistol to head*

NOBODY MOVE, OR THE WHITE BOY GETS IT

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Well, my perception of you is that you spend an awful lot of time creating mental states for other people.

Possibly, but they don't have to accept them/live them :).

Just saying.

LB,

Tentasticle,
Who obv doesn't, and is himself less dry in person than on MW.

Let's assume it's the lack of observable body language/facial expressions. ;)

eldora_avalon
August 13th, 2006, 09:35 PM
yea, like how do you get new recruits if everybodies all serious....and...and

*holds water pistol to head*

NOBODY MOVE, OR THE WHITE BOY GETS IT
Are you sure you're a Discordian? All water pistols should be pointed at, nevermind, I forgot we were in the PG 13 forum :yikess:

merlo
August 13th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Are you sure you're a Discordian? All water pistols should be pointed at, nevermind, I forgot we were in the PG 13 forum :yikess:

water pistols, who knew?_whistle_

can I be a discordian now?

eldora_avalon
August 13th, 2006, 10:21 PM
water pistols, who knew?_whistle_

can I be a discordian now?
Do you have your pope card?

Deranged Hermit
August 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM

:foh: Whatever it is you're smokin', please stay downwind. I'd hate to start seeing things that way.

Is semi even a discordian? :huh: I know he has serious opinions about things sometimes, but then again, don't we all...

I'm not an official discordian, btw, but Vincent gave me a merit badge anyways. :hahugh:

And LB and I are old friends. Just don't tell him I said so. :2G:

On an unrelated note... Merlo, your spiderlings should be okay as long as you're not sending them to any third-world countries where they'll get held up in transit. If they can live in the fridge, they must not require much oxygen. :uhhuhuh:

merlo
August 13th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Do you have your pope card?

Lost it in the wash.

But I got snap back clothes pins...does that count?

Tentasticle
August 13th, 2006, 11:46 PM
:foh: Whatever it is you're smokin', please stay downwind. I'd hate to start seeing things that way.

Homegrown thought.

I'd hate you to see things my way - get yer own - I spent ages growing this one. ;)

I'm laughing at getting slated for holding a bloody opinion, fer ****'s sake.

This may (or may not ) be exactly what I was talking about.

Should I start conforming to majority opinion now?

Tentasticle: Needs to know.

eldora_avalon
August 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Homegrown thought.

I'd hate you to see things my way - get yer own - I spent ages growing this one. ;)

I'm laughing at getting slated for holding a bloody opinion, fer hug's sake.

First we get accused of being serious, now we have a majority opinion? Are you sure you're talking about Discordians _inabox_

Little Billy
August 14th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Homegrown thought.

I'm laughing at getting slated for holding a bloody opinion, fer hug's sake.

1. Think for yourself. We're going to laugh at you, either way (We laugh at everyone and everything, all the time. Sometimes until intestinal bleeding commences).

2. There is no Discordian conspiracy. That's just crazy talk.

LB,
Laying down the TROOF.

Cain
August 14th, 2006, 08:14 AM
LB,

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

Malcolm
August 14th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Is semi even a discordian?

To the best of my knowledge, no. Then again, maybe...its hard tellin.

edit: Just so as not to confuse anyone. I am in no way shape or form associated with discordians or subgeni...I just troll this section of the forums for laughs.

Tentasticle
August 14th, 2006, 09:49 AM
1. Think for yourself. We're going to laugh at you, either way (We laugh at everyone and everything, all the time. Sometimes until intestinal bleeding commences).

I do, and I say what I think. Which is kind of how we got here...

2. There is no Discordian conspiracy. That's just crazy talk.

The Earth Is Not Flat: Crazy talk C. 1st Century AD.
Ronald Reagan will be President: Crazy talk C. 1975 AD.
Etc. Etc.

I know there isn't, but your disclaimer sucks ;)

LB,
Laying down the TROOF.

Lend me your trowel, brother :)

Amelserru_halqu
August 14th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ah but mustn't one take humor seriously lest one forget the humor of the seriousity complex that reigns in the world of elven gnomish things? Mustn't we all bow before the power of the words? Now bow! I command it! NI! NI! NIIIII!!!!

For thine sins and cutting marks against us, thou must bow before St. Ariyoh and devour 23 boxs of the holy stuff!!! Hail Nacobis prophet of the biunal Saint! Lest thou dost this thine ectoplasmic gunk is forfeit to the purple one! CONFESS!!! AND THOU SHALT BE SHOWN THE MERCY OF ERIS!!! DENY, *whispers* and thou shalt be enlightened through the torturous fish slapping dance... *shudders*

Deranged Hermit
August 14th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Ni? Fish slapping? Nilla wafers? Okay, you've got my attention. :foh:

Little Billy
August 14th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I know there isn't, but your disclaimer sucks ;)

There isn't what?

Tentasticle
August 15th, 2006, 03:52 AM
There isn't no Discordian Conspiracy. http://www.puny-mortals.com/files/teach.gif

Vincent Verthaine
August 15th, 2006, 05:27 AM
here's my reply,since my name got brought up.

If I'm being serious,it's becuase me and my wife have been battling her cancer for five years,and yesterday we just lost the war..

I live in a devastated city,I'm struggling to keep my house,I have a shitload of bills and I constantly see people on this forum and elsewhere put the city i love down.So excuse me if i don't become Vinski Vee the Clown for someones amusement on demand.

Right now,I am in the middle of funeral arrangements,so my merriment quotion is down at the moment.

If I chose to take myself seriously,that is my Eris given right.If anyone has a problem with that,take it up with Church of Eris Managment.

According to my contract with Eris,I am under absolutely no obligation to conform to anyones idea to what a discordian should be.

Of course Semi is a discordian,but then again I believe that everyone is a discordian at heart,because we all cause discord,chaos,confusion and strife.
Whether semi aknowledges his inherent discordianism is up to him.He could be a Pope of the Church of eris if he wants.Or he can form his own church.

Amber Wynd
August 15th, 2006, 11:55 AM
This is a sad day for all the Peoples of Discord, Vincent. And sadder still for those of us lucky enough to know, love and respect you. May Eris welcome Mary (I know she will) and bring comfort to you and your family.

Little Billy
August 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
here's my reply,since my name got brought up.

If I'm being serious,it's becuase me and my wife have been battling her cancer for five years,and yesterday we just lost the war..

I live in a devastated city,I'm struggling to keep my house,I have a shitload of bills and I constantly see people on this forum and elsewhere put the city i love down.So excuse me if i don't become Vinski Vee the Clown for someones amusement on demand.

Right now,I am in the middle of funeral arrangements,so my merriment quotion is down at the moment.

If I chose to take myself seriously,that is my Eris given right.If anyone has a problem with that,take it up with Church of Eris Managment.

According to my contract with Eris,I am under absolutely no obligation to conform to anyones idea to what a discordian should be.

Of course Semi is a discordian,but then again I believe that everyone is a discordian at heart,because we all cause discord,chaos,confusion and strife.
Whether semi aknowledges his inherent discordianism is up to him.He could be a Pope of the Church of eris if he wants.Or he can form his own church.

Jebus...Sorry to hear that.

My condolences, Vince.

LB,
Knows that Mary will be jaking the crap out of Saint Peter.

Little Billy
August 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
There isn't no Discordian Conspiracy. http://www.puny-mortals.com/files/teach.gif

What conspiracy?

What are you talking about?

eldora_avalon
August 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM

Am I missing something?

As you can see from a lot of our responses, sometimes life gets serious. I was really quite surprised I didn't get thrown in with those accused of being too serious. I guess you missed all the posts I made in all the abortion threads. Or the threads about spousal abuse. Or a lot of the posts I make in political pagan. There is time for fun and games and there are times when there is no fun to be had. Vincent and Cain have both been through a lot in the last couple of years, not sure if you knew that when you singled those two out. Semi and thegirlwhosenameIcanspelluntilItryto both have their own things to deal with too. We all do, some of us hide it better, intentionally or not. some of us have a little free time in a day to unwind, some of us don't. Some of us are a bit older and have more perspective on the latest pile of shit fate has flung at us. Some of us are too far into the middle of the shit to see daylight.

In other words, sometimes Discordians are just like other people. But don't tell, no one will believe you.

You are a dork : P

Philosophia
August 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
In other words, sometimes Discordians are just like other people. But don't tell, no one will believe you.

Damn...and I thought you guys were aliens or something. There goes my paranoid fantasies...:(

Little Billy
August 16th, 2006, 12:10 AM

This is EXACTLY why I am a Subgenius™.

Zurtok
August 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Discordianism doesn't mean a lack of seriousness. It means a proper balence between serious and humorous.

That, and I'm full of shit.

Verthaine, I am so sorry for you.

Lets Go Bowling
August 17th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Vincent, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

It is truly a foul and sad time.

I will practice some sadhanas for you and Mary, and make some offerings.

Peace,

Your Brother in Eris,

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Vincent Verthaine
August 18th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Thank you ,everyone.

Eris has been giving me the strength to deal with this.
I'll be taking a little time off to mourn.

Love you all.
Hail Eris.

Vincent

Jenne
August 18th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Thank you ,everyone.

Eris has been giving me the strength to deal with this.
I'll be taking a little time off to mourn.

Love you all.
Hail Eris.

Vincent

:hugz: And we love you. I've known you but a short time, but as Bella said...this is a tough and rough time indeed.

We all mourn with you, Vincent. Take care of yourself.

Cain
August 21st, 2006, 07:11 AM
Damn Verthaine. I don't expect to see you around on the net for a while, but my thoughts are with you and I know you and your daughter will pull through this.

Tentasticle
August 21st, 2006, 12:03 PM
Vincent, I've sent you a private message regarding your recent tragic loss, but I also would like to apologise publicly for my abyssmal timing, and any unintended hurt that I may have caused to anyone, and particularly Vincent.

This thread was intended to provoke discussion, not kick a man when he is down. I hope everyone understands and accepts that.

Vincent Verthaine
August 21st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Vincent, I've sent you a private message regarding your recent tragic loss, but I also would like to apologise publicly for my abyssmal timing, and any unintended hurt that I may have caused to anyone, and particularly Vincent.

This thread was intended to provoke discussion, not kick a man when he is down. I hope everyone understands and accepts that.

It's all good.
I have nothing but love for ya bro.

Learning to deal with the Chaos,the upheavals of ones life,is what the Church of Eris is All about.

I've been in many a funeral second-line,but this was the first time I actually had to lead one along side with my father-in-law,which suprised me.I never thought he was the type to second-line.I know Mary appreciated the two men in her life putting aside their differences,and celebrating the life,and mourning the loss of someone we love so much,as only we Lousianans can.
The music was so good,I could feel Mary dancing right beside me.

Eris has been really good to me during this.

Life goes on,and so must I.

Hail Eris.
Vincent

Lets Go Bowling
August 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM
Good to see you surviving.

Hail Eris, Bro.

eldora_avalon
August 21st, 2006, 07:14 PM
I've been in many a funeral second-line,but this was the first time I actually had to lead one along side with my father-in-law,which suprised me.I never thought he was the type to second-line.I know Mary appreciated the two men in her life putting aside their differences,and celebrating the life,and mourning the loss of someone we love so much,as only we Lousianans can.
I am so glad he was there with you and not being a dick like he usually seemed to be. That was one of my biggest concerns for you, that you would have to fight with him along with all the other grief issues you had to deal with.

Love ya, man.

Hail Eris.

Now we all sound like a bunch of peace loving hippies, you never know what to expect with the followers of Eris :fpeace:

Lets Go Bowling
August 21st, 2006, 07:43 PM
Or love loving hippies.

eldora_avalon
August 21st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Or love loving hippies.

:cheers:

I think we have always had plenty of those :heybaby:

Lets Go Bowling
August 21st, 2006, 08:51 PM
We need more.

We need too many, in fact.