PDA

View Full Version : hi all/and my beliefs...curious to hear about yours

scorpio7
August 20th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I'm new to MysticWicks, but I'm soooo happy to see there is a Christian Witchcraft forum here. I'm currently in sort of an amorphous blob of spiritual searching, lol, but I do come from a Christian background, which stays with me, even though it is becoming more Pagan influenced. So far I know this:

I believe that God him/herself is genderless, something undefinable by what reproductive organs you've got down there, so whether you say God or Goddess, it doesn't matter. I think those are terms that make it easier for people to comprehend how the Divine works in their lives, because many aspects of our lives are based on gender. God DID create people in her (I choose that pronoun because I see the creation/birthing force as feminine) image, but in both sides of herself, male and female. That's why there were Adam & Eve, and not just Adam. I believe the Bible gets God's general message across, but the details are man-influenced, such as anti-homosexuality, male dominance, strict rules and regulations, etc. As far as Jesus goes, yes, I believe Jesus was the son of God, sent to redeem humans, although I don't believe you're going to hell if you're a good person and you don't believe in Jesus. I see God as a loving, nurturing God and not a vengeful, angry God, so good people being eternally damned...just not making sense to me. Sometimes I think Jesus' ideas of loving one another are more Pagan than Christian, if you define Christianity by many orthodox sects' standards. I think too many churches get wrapped up in the word of the law and forget the spirit of what Christ taught.

Sorry if that didn't make sense. Like I said, I'm searching, so I haven't got all the answers (and in all honesty, probably never will, lol)

What do you guys think? How do you practice Christo-Paganism?

Lovehound
August 20th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Oh, well....I just kinda DO.

More on this later...bedtime for me....

ViolinGoddess
August 21st, 2006, 02:47 AM
Basically I'm a christian that practices magick. Although I do belive in reincarnation and faeries. I was raised Presbyterian, a rather liberal denomination of Prodestant Christianity. I beleive in the loving God not a vengeful God.

Violin Goddess

amunakht
August 21st, 2006, 01:01 PM
Curious to hear mine... I can sum it up in two words:

Hail Satan!

adrianne
August 21st, 2006, 04:54 PM
Amunakht, how intelligent can you get? Every time you post, I'm just blown away by your words and the depth of your understanding about the things you're saying. You truly are a genius among men.

ANYWAYS. Scorpio7, I'm basically a Kemetic who happens to believe in Jesus. There's nothing all that complicated to my theology. I just sort of fell in with Him, and haven't been able to shake Him, even when I thought I wanted to.

CheshireEyes
August 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM
Amunakht, how intelligent can you get? Every time you post, I'm just blown away by your words and the depth of your understanding about the things you're saying. You truly are a genius among men.

ANYWAYS. Scorpio7, I'm basically a Kemetic who happens to believe in Jesus. There's nothing all that complicated to my theology. I just sort of fell in with Him, and haven't been able to shake Him, even when I thought I wanted to.
http://img131.imagevenue.com/loc510/th_94625_lol_bee_122_510lo.jpg (http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=94625_lol_bee_122_510lo.jpg)