PDA

View Full Version : The Uterus of Chaos and other Ramblings

Zurtok
August 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Everything Different. Everything the Same.
-Buddhist Saying

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.
-Ambrose Bierce

The author of the Iliad is either Homer or, if not Homer, somebody else of the same name.
-Aldous Huxley

The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.
-Oscar Wilde

I'd like to bear my testicles...err, I mean I'd like to bear my testimony that Eris is quite hot, but it's only the menopause. After all, she's quite an old Goddess, and just as the gestation period of Gods is quite long (and often quite odd), menopause for a Goddess lasts eons. The ice age only happened because Hecate was having hot flashes, and needed some sort of releif.

Eris' mood swing are quite obvious. As is her vindictiveness in her old age. After all, have you not noticed that old people are often much, much more honest? Unlike some Godzzz I could mention, Eris does not bend to our expectations (our perceptions are another story, sort of like Snow White, only with uglier dwarves), instead she does what the **** she pleases. Many people, particularly younger people attempt to please others, if Eris has ever had that problem, she's definately done away with the compulsion, which I quite recomend.

Of course, being in menopause does not stop a Goddess from bearing children, which could be one of the benefits of being a Goddess, but I doubt it. Within the eternal uterus of chaos there is always creation, it is only that the method and mode of creation changes, as well as the creations. One cannot truely comprehend Chaos, but you can certainly be engulfed in it. You can only experiance it, it is not something that there are words for. After all, once we realize that our oh-so-well trained logic curcuits are useless in so many situations (if not detrimental to our development in some cases!), we can break down the boundries, our preconcieved notions that chaos is anything or nothing!

But, I have digressed into a esoteric discussion of things that are neither things nor not things. And, in attempting to discuss them with words (agents of logic that cannot put a box within it's self), I have contradicted myself. But, then, if we do not attempt to discuss them, how can we begin to understand them? For while logic is meaningless in Gnosis, is it not essential for us to emply logic to begin to understand that state? That is, is logic not the first step on this path to fabled illumination, even if it's end product is beyond logic?

Logic, though, is most probably the greatest illusion of Chaos. Logic attempts to box things, and apply the past to the future, when the future is essentially different from the past! Where we have been is not always an indication of where we are going, it may be, but there is no way to know. When we see the patterns in Chaos, it is because we are looking for them, but no pattern in chaos ever lasts forever.

This great and strange perception that we are (which is a thought and reality pattern!) will eventually disappear. We are a probability. This computer, this desk, this chair, this shirt, these pants are simply PROBABLY here. And after all, we are filled with an infinity of space. It seems odd to me that things are solid. Physics tells us that the space between an electron and it's nucleus is HUGE compared to it's actual size. Consider the billions of atoms in your body, and the amount of total space that you are. And, this is odd.

The Hindus (or what that be Hindi?) have an interesting myth that the world is constantly being remade. All things eventually become Brahma, and then when the universe is Brahma (which it always is...), unified that is, it splits again. It is eternally in this cycle, this flux. Both one and nothing. But, though it moves through this cycle it both changes, and lacks change! As it is always Brahma (that which is that which is!), it is continually unified. As it is always Brahma it is continually in a lack of unity!

At the most basic level nothing is different from anything else. We are identical to each other. 6 billion-tuplets with different faces, all born in the Uterus of Chaos, the root and lack of existance. That which is that which is!

Next time on Penal Web we will explore the cosmic belly button, and contemplate it's lint!

This message brought to you by Penal Web in association with the Fnord Foundation for Higher Illumination, the Organization for the Purple, Overly Pompous Elepants (POPE), and contributions from Penal Glands like yours!

Zurtok Khan
August 20th, 2006

eldora_avalon
August 20th, 2006, 09:55 PM
That was great, you make me proud.

They grow up so fast :wah:

SilverClaw
August 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
All I can say is wow, that was a very captivating post. :)

They grow up so fast :wah:
To EA:rubhead:

eldora_avalon
August 20th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I have known Z for 3 name changes and 2 years and lots of stuff. He's a good kid and he amazes me with his insight. And his wicked evil sense of humor. :cheers:

SilverClaw
August 20th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I have known Z for 3 name changes and 2 years and lots of stuff. He's a good kid and he amazes me with his insight. Oh and here I thought he was your kid opps sorry lol :fpraise: :hahugh:

:cheers: cheers to an evil sense of humour.

Zurtok
August 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Oh and here I thought he was your kid opps sorry lol :fpraise: :hahugh:

Not sure if I should be scared or happy.

Probably both.

SilverClaw
August 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Not sure if I should be scared or happy. Well I did not know :deviltail And I do look forward to the the cosmic belly button post :hahugh:

Tadrith
August 20th, 2006, 11:20 PM
ooooOOOOOooooo

eldora_avalon
August 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Oh and here I thought he was your kid opps sorry lol :fpraise: :hahugh:

We have similar conversations, oddly enough :lol:

I think a lot of younger Discordians have adopted me as their Auntie Eldora. Now that is scary. :wave:

SilverClaw
August 20th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Now that is scary. :wave:Ok dare I ask why that is scary :hahugh: :wave:

Zurtok
August 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Ok dare I ask why that is scary :hahugh: :wave:

Obviously you haven't been around enough Discordians.

SilverClaw
August 22nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
Obviously you haven't been around enough Discordians. Nope I haven't, how can I change that ? :D

Zurtok
August 22nd, 2006, 04:02 AM
Nope I haven't, how can I change that ? :D

First, we'll need to preform a full Cat Scan (Can you say "Meow"?). Then you'll need to be kept under psychiatric observation for a year while being randomly pelted with what you will be lead to believe are jelly-beans. After that it's a simple matter of a tissue sample (please blow your nose), and then a fully interigation by a pack of raving, though good looking, East German Power Tool menufactorers.

Or, I could ust PM you the link, but I'm lazy, so I'll make you PM me, and I'll respond.

eldora_avalon
August 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Nope I haven't, how can I change that ? :D
Click the links in my sig. If you need more there was a list around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and bump it for you.

eldora_avalon
August 22nd, 2006, 09:49 AM
Ok dare I ask why that is scary :hahugh: :wave:
You may dare, but you may regret it :cheers:

ps check your karma

SilverClaw
August 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
:hahugh: Thanks I will look more when I get back.