PDA

View Full Version : Kaos Bunny Speaks! about True Chaos (001)

Infinite Grey
August 25th, 2006, 11:49 AM
People do not believe a Chaos sub-thread is needed, well guess what?!? You Discordians, Subgenii, and Tacos are stuck with my Chaotic ass! Sosit down and shuddup! The Great Kaos Bunny is about to rant and rave about the true meaning of chaos!

http://www.mysticwicks.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/22644/KaosBunnyA01.jpg

Ok people, listen or donít, I really couldnít give a <censored>! Regardless, here it is, the true nature of chaos. The western world tells us that chaos is; and I quote the dictionary; a condition or place of great disorder or confusion.

Well that didnít help! WOW? The definition provided by the egg head intellectuals merely gives us a list of the results or consequences of Chaos. WRONG! These arenít even that! Theyíre merely labels attached to conditions the puny mortals can not hope comprehend. And THAT is the true essence of chaos, a lack of understanding.

Everything has an order, a condition of logical or comprehensible arrangement among the separate elements of a group. When the masses or an individual fails to comprehend the logical arrangement among the separate elements of group they slap the label of chaos on it.

ďbut chaos is truly randomĒ BULLSHIT! Nothing is truly random, as everything is influenced by everything else! Deterministic systems pwns all! PH34R T3H Deterministic systems!!!!111!! The domino effect, the butterfly effect, all influence everything else, every random event has a seed number. This means that everything has a pattern on a long enough time line. Weather, politics, economics, gods and goddesses, even your dogís crapping habits.

You listen to someone speaking in a language you do not know, and BOOM! it sounds like a bunch of gibberish, random sounds coming out of the personís mouth. Chaotic even! BUT learn the basic of the language and suddenly a pattern emerges. SHOCK BLOODY HORROR!

This is the essence of chaos, disorder and confusion are merely a by-product/labels given to events and actions beyond a personís comprehension. A Discordian will administer asshattery for the very purpose of causing discord. To someone that has never encountered a Discordian, their behaviour will appear chaotic. BUT to someone that is or understand the Discordian, their actions are predictable in the sense of the intent. The seed is the discord. There is always method to the madness, how ever obscure it may be.

A Chaos type person, a.k.a. chaos magician may indulge in an experiment merely for the sake of being chaotic, or to see what happens. These are still purposes, regardless of how nonlinear they are. Nonlinear equations are harder to solve than linear, but they can still be solved.

The irony of Chaos is that, once you truly comprehend it, it dies. It ceases to be chaos, and becomes order. For Chaos to remain Chaos, one must rise to it, not pull it down to their understanding. But the plus side is, there is always something you donít understand, and that is where chaos lives.

I bid you bloody adieu puny mortals!

PH34R T3H KAOS BUNNY! PH34R!!!!!!!11111!!!

Shanti
August 25th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Wow, I cant believe I am saying this but..._inabox_
That's an awesome post!!:boing:
That is the best and most logical explanation of chaos I have ever heard/seen.:fpraise:

Infinite Grey
August 25th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Wow, I cant believe I am saying this but..._inabox_
That's an awesome post!!:boing:
That is the best and most logical explanation of chaos I have ever heard/seen.:fpraise:

The Kaos Bunny knows all! :hahugh:

thanks you thank you :evilway:

Infinite Grey
August 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM
**BUMP** because it's fun! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/susel.gif

eldora_avalon
August 25th, 2006, 07:21 PM
That was pretty good, but we aren't as predictable as you might think, except when we :hehehehe:

Xirian
August 25th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I have to agree with Shanti on this. Brava!!!

It's interesting, I've asked someone who professed to be into Chaos magic what it was. And it was some convuluted explanation, that wasn't as nearly well thought out as yours was.

They were obviously giving me the chaos explanation and not the layman's one you have just posted. You make perfect sense to me.

Cheers!!!

Doctor Jeep
August 25th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Nice - but the pink eyeliner's gotta go, Bunny.

Infinite Grey
August 26th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Nice - but the pink eyeliner's gotta go, Bunny.

N3V4H! TEH PINK IS TEH PWNAGE!

Infinite Grey
August 26th, 2006, 05:42 AM
That was pretty good, but we aren't as predictable as you might think, except when we :hehehehe:

:hehehehe: everyone is predictable if you understand them.

Cain
August 26th, 2006, 08:23 AM
:hehehehe: everyone is predictable if you understand them.

Sure, but you throw the double bind in and it becomes a whole new game. For example, you know about Discordians and their plan O:MF. You know someone who has being doing strange things now and then and discover they are a Discordian. The only "safe" option is to assume every action they do is directed to that goal. But its not really safe, because it leads to paranoia. But if they know its doing that, then is it part of O:MF? You must trust but you cannot trust but you must...And so on until they crumble in a paranoid catatonic state or relax and give up caring, either of which is handy.

Deranged Hermit
August 26th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I like that you wrote the post in red. Fitting, if not chaotic.
And Kaos bunny is sooooo cute!!! :cutie: :smooch:

eldora_avalon
August 26th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I think most of us invited you anyway _wedgie_

Chaos is not equal to disorder.

No, it didn't help, did it? The dictionary doesn't always :hehehehe:

There is a point there.

The weather is the most fun, chaotic for sure. If they could ever get a handle on the initial conditions, it would help, but when an entire thunderstorm can exist between reporting stations, it is difficult to get the any conditions accurately, let alone initial conditions.

That's why watching someone's body language is so important :cheers:

Some Discordians some of the time will do what you describe, but not all of them and not all of the time. You do not understand us as well as you think.

Nonlinear equations are fun, but a pain in the butt. Still not sure why you think Chaos Magicians are special and Discordians are just out to create discord.

Chaos is the order and the disorder. It is the pattern that emerges. It is the pattern that defies explanation, even though you know it is there.

I refuse to ph34r the buynny, but he is kind of cute, but Kaos Itch? Or is there a B that is hidden :yayah:

Infinite Grey
August 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I think most of us invited you anyway _wedgie_

Mmmm I think yous did.

The weather is the most fun, chaotic for sure. If they could ever get a handle on the initial conditions, it would help, but when an entire thunderstorm can exist between reporting stations, it is difficult to get the any conditions accurately, let alone initial conditions.

Doesn't change the fact there is initial conditions, they are simply obscure. Just because no one understands a system, doesn't mean there isn't an order to it.

That's why watching someone's body language is so important :cheers:

Some Discordians some of the time will do what you describe, but not all of them and not all of the time. You do not understand us as well as you think.

The privilege of your own opinion is free, enjoy it.

Nonlinear equations are fun, but a pain in the butt. Still not sure why you think Chaos Magicians are special and Discordians are just out to create discord.

Never said Chaos Magicians were special, bunch of twits for the most part.

Chaos is the order and the disorder. It is the pattern that emerges. It is the pattern that defies explanation, even though you know it is there.

Disorder is merely order so complex and obscure that it falls under the label of disorder.

I refuse to ph34r the buynny, but he is kind of cute, but Kaos Itch? Or is there a B that is hidden :yayah:

Tis your choice to choose the D00M!

your clique mentality amuses me :boing:

eldora_avalon
August 26th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I see you have glimpsed beyond the illusion, but keep in mind, I sometimes like the DOOM :heybaby:

Infinite Grey
August 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Sure, but you throw the double bind in and it becomes a whole new game. For example, you know about Discordians and their plan O:MF. You know someone who has being doing strange things now and then and discover they are a Discordian. The only "safe" option is to assume every action they do is directed to that goal. But its not really safe, because it leads to paranoia. But if they know its doing that, then is it part of O:MF? You must trust but you cannot trust but you must...And so on until they crumble in a paranoid catatonic state or relax and give up caring, either of which is handy.

The point isn't so much whether or not I am personal capable of predicting another person's actions. The crux is that with enough information chaos becomes order, or a person's action can be predicted. If I knew every detail of you for example, and everything around you, coupled with a sophisticated enough algorithm I could predict your next action. Yet we both know that I do not posses such resources, but the possibility is there. I think people have misunderstood that bit.

Shanti
August 26th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think I have even agreed with Peacock's perspectives, But in this thread I not only agree with the perspectives, I understand them totally!!

Peacock, on this topic, in this thread, my opinion is :yourock:

Infinite Grey
August 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I don't think I have even agreed with Peacock's perspectives, But in this thread I not only agree with the perspectives, I understand them totally!!

Peacock, on this topic, in this thread, my opinion is :yourock:

Tah :cheers:

Tentasticle
August 26th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Your allegories are teh fuxxored.

3/Π

eldora_avalon
August 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Your allegories are teh fuxxored.

3/Π

Is that 3 out of pi? :hehehehe:

Yeah, he is on the right track, but he swerved to miss a golden apple and ended up in the ditch somehow. :spaceman:

Vincent Verthaine
August 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
The point isn't so much whether or not I am personal capable of predicting another person's actions. The crux is that with enough information chaos becomes order, or a person's action can be predicted. If I knew every detail of you for example, and everything around you, coupled with a sophisticated enough algorithm I could predict your next action. Yet we both know that I do not posses such resources, but the possibility is there. I think people have misunderstood that bit.

Unfortunately,Heisenburg says you can't.
Not even in theory.
To determine a persons next action,you need to know the position and momentum of every particle in the universe.It isn't because you lack the resources to do so,it's because it is impossible have both.
The more you know about the position of a particle,the less you know about it's momentum.
There will always be quantum events popping up that you couldn't predict that could throw your calculations out of whack.Determinism was pretty much thrown out the window almost a century ago.
Chaos becomes order when we observe it and decide to call it such.
And since none of us has the capability to observe Chaos in it's entirety....

Doesn't change the fact there is initial conditions, they are simply obscure. Just because no one understands a system, doesn't mean there isn't an order to it.
And just because you understand the order of a system,doesn't mean that something can't happen to change that.

eldora_avalon
August 26th, 2006, 09:48 PM
And just because you understand the order of a system,doesn't mean that something can't happen to change that.

Kallisti:cheers:

Infinite Grey
August 27th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Unfortunately,Heisenburg says you can't.
Not even in theory.
To determine a persons next action,you need to know the position and momentum of every particle in the universe.It isn't because you lack the resources to do so,it's because it is impossible have both.
The more you know about the position of a particle,the less you know about it's momentum.
There will always be quantum events popping up that you couldn't predict that could throw your calculations out of whack.Determinism was pretty much thrown out the window almost a century ago.
Chaos becomes order when we observe it and decide to call it such.
And since none of us has the capability to observe Chaos in it's entirety....

Sure, why not... what do I know eh? 8O

psst, I was referring to Determinism philosophy, not Newtonian physics

:nuhuh: I was sure I implied that... oh well

Vincent Verthaine
August 27th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Sure, why not... what do I know eh? 8O

psst, I was referring to Determinism philosophy, not Newtonian physics

Determinism philosophy was based on Newtonian physics. At least it was between the death of Newton in 1727 and Einstiens "Theory of Relativity in 1905.
Before that,the Calvinist pretty much dominated that philosophy.

Infinite Grey
August 27th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Determinism philosophy was based on Newtonian physics. At least it was between the death of Newton in 1727 and Einstiens "Theory of Relativity in 1905.
Before that,the Calvinist pretty much dominated that philosophy.

and..?

Vincent Verthaine
August 27th, 2006, 05:02 AM
and..?
Before Calvin?
Omar KhayyŠm and before that,Democritus and the atomists.

Infinite Grey
August 27th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Before Calvin?
Omar KhayyŠm and before that,Democritus and the atomists.

so what? :whatgives

Vincent Verthaine
August 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM
so what? :whatgives

My bad, Peacock.I thought since I was studying chaos and practicing chaos magic when a majority of the chaoites on this forum were spitting up Gerber on their bibs and shitting in their diapers,I'd thought a little insight and information would be appreciated.
Oh well,shit happens. :whatgives

eldora_avalon
August 27th, 2006, 04:25 PM
My bad, Peacock.I thought since I was studying chaos and practicing chaos magic when a majority of the chaoites on this forum were spitting up Gerber on their bibs and shitting in their diapers,I'd thought a little insight and information would be appreciated.
Oh well,shit happens. :whatgives

Kids these days. Brings up Chaos then gets surprised that someone else knows about Chaos and the discussion takes Chaotic like frost on a car window where some small child wrote Kallisti with their fingers the day before. :cheers:

Infinite Grey
August 27th, 2006, 08:11 PM
geez you old people are sensitive :lol: I was asking for insight... or an expansion of on you insight... oh well shit does indeed happen.

Malcolm
August 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM
What does chaos have to do with chaos magic anyway?

eldora_avalon
August 27th, 2006, 08:47 PM

What does sun have to do with sunshine?

What does cat have to do with catnip?

What does news have to do with newspaper?

What does gun have to do with gunfight?

What does smart have to do with smartass :cheers:

Infinite Grey
August 27th, 2006, 09:07 PM
what's love got to do with it got to do with it
what's love but a second-hand emotion
what's love got to do with got to do with it
who needs heart when a hear can be broken

http://scd.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1387441939

Malcolm
August 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
What does sun have to do with sunshine?

What does cat have to do with catnip?

What does news have to do with newspaper?

What does gun have to do with gunfight?

What does smart have to do with smartass

absolutley nothing, which is all anything has to do with anything

eldora_avalon
August 27th, 2006, 10:55 PM
absolutley nothing, which is all anything has to do with anything

Not quite, everything is interconnected to everything else in some kind of way. How can you have a Chaos Magician if you have no Chaos?

eldora_avalon
August 27th, 2006, 10:57 PM
what's love got to do with it got to do with it
what's love but a second-hand emotion
what's love got to do with got to do with it
who needs heart when a heart can be broken

http://scd.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1387441939

How did you know that was my theme song :heybaby:

Tentasticle
August 28th, 2006, 04:24 AM

Chaos is what you SEE when you have no filters active.

Chaos Magic is what you DO when you have no filters active.

So yeah - it's probably a misnomer, but the similarities are striking ;)