PDA

View Full Version : LA by Night RPG

MerrisHawk
August 28th, 2006, 02:55 AM
(OOC) Dying to play. :lol:

The alley had seemed like the perfect place to dodge out of sight, except it was a dead end. The narrow stretch of asphalt was hemmed in on three sides by tall brick buildings, there wasn't even a window or fire escape to use.
Mae slowed to a stop at the end of the alley, this was the end of the line. She took a moment to get her breathing under control, this was no time to panic.

"Come out come out wherever you are."
The line was followed by laughter from three different throats, the sounds bounced off the brick walls and echoed off into the darkness.

Well, maybe a little panic wasn't so bad, after all, what else do you do when you're trapped in a dead end alley by three vampires?
Mae took a mental inventory...small cross, lighter, car keys and breath mints.
Perfect. The cross didn't work on these guys, she doubted they'd hold still so she could light them on fire and they didn't care if they had bad breath.

The figures walked toward her, the light from the few street lamps they passed showed that all three of them wore sunglasses, leather jackets and shaved heads. Closer inspection would reveal a small, blackened ridge of flesh in the shape of a crescent moon on each of their necks. Mae had seen it earlier before they'd chased her into the alley.
Only one gang used such a vicious symbol, the Crescent Moons were one of the worst Sabbat groups running through L.A. They did very little to hide what they were and endangered the Masquerade at every turn, making even their Sabbat kin dislike them. They were the worst kind of trouble.

"Hello Pretty."

The vampires spread out a little, leaving enough space between each other that running almost seemed like a good idea. Mae didn't take the bait, she knew better and she wasn't about to move closer to them, not if she could help it.
Help. There was an idea, where was her help? She was supposed to be part of a team tonight, so far she was just the late night snack.

purple dragon
September 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Trisana had been following the vampires and their prey for a while, seeing them go down a secluded alley gave her the chance to take action.

"Hello Pretty."

The vampires spread out a little, leaving enough space between each other that running almost seemed like a good idea. Mae didn't take the bait, she knew better and she wasn't about to move closer to them, not if she could help it.
Help. There was an idea, where was her help? She was supposed to be part of a team tonight, so far she was just the late night snack.

her katana in one hand stake in the other Trisana advanced into the alley "you guys never learn do you" she says, swinging her blade at the vamp closest to her...

MerrisHawk
September 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
"What the...no, nevermind...gift horse...hell."
Mae's version of combat tactics was to get out of the way, so she backed into the wall and stayed there, trying to keep track of everything at once.
The stranger obviously knew what was going on and knew what the business end of a sword could do.
Yeay for our team!
Was she one of the good guys? Of course sometimes even the good guys weren't all that good.
Where was Ogre? He was supposed to be charging down the alley saving her from the big, bad vamps. Something had gone really wrong.
Mae tried to see around the combat zone, looking for a hulking giant of a man and didn't see anything but flashing red and blue lights, zipping past the mouth of the alley. Cops. Not a good thing, pretty much never a good thing in her world.
At least the night was young.
"Spiffy."

purple dragon
September 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
"What the...no, nevermind...gift horse...hell."
Mae's version of combat tactics was to get out of the way, so she backed into the wall and stayed there, trying to keep track of everything at once.
The stranger obviously knew what was going on and knew what the business end of a sword could do.
Yeay for our team!
Was she one of the good guys? Of course sometimes even the good guys weren't all that good.
Where was Ogre? He was supposed to be charging down the alley saving her from the big, bad vamps. Something had gone really wrong.
Mae tried to see around the combat zone, looking for a hulking giant of a man and didn't see anything but flashing red and blue lights, zipping past the mouth of the alley. Cops. Not a good thing, pretty much never a good thing in her world.
At least the night was young.
"Spiffy."

"Spiffy? i haven't heard that one in a while" she says, kicking the first vamp out the way and heading straight for the second

MerrisHawk
September 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM
"Sorry, don't mind me. Don't want to be a distraction."
Mae scooted out of the way of the first vamp and did see the third one reach for her.
Mae let out one of those little yips that you get when you don't have the breath for a real scream and then she was airborne.
There was just enough time to try and curl herself into a ball before she smacked into another body and the body said, "Oof" in a very deep voice.
"Ogre!" She didn't have to see all of him in the dark to recognize him. Very few people were nearly seven feet tall and built like pro wrestlers. He set her on the ground with one arm and growled a quick command as he waded into the fight.
"Stay."
"I'm not a dog." She stayed where she was anyway. Ogre didn't bother using any sort of martial art, he simply overpowered the vampire that had thrown Mae. He caught both of the vampire's arms and spread them wide apart.
The vampire glared and hissed at him, swinging a kick at his knee. Ogre reared back and head-butted the vampire, everyone heard the crack of bone. Ogre let go and the vampire dropped to the ground, twitching.
The girl seemd to be enjoying herself with the other two vampires so Ogre backed away and left her to it, keeping an eye on her in case she needed help.
"What took you so long?" Mae accepted his hand up and they both watched the woman work the two vamps back into the alley.
"I passed this really nice fire hydrant and just had to stop."
"Ogre!"
"There was another pack, they hit me from behind and I had to take them on first. You okay?"
"Yeah, thanks to her. Next time I'm buying a gun."
"You can't shoot."
"I'll learn."
Mae turned her attention back to the girl.
"You doing okay?"

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 03:03 AM
"Sorry, don't mind me. Don't want to be a distraction."
Mae scooted out of the way of the first vamp and did see the third one reach for her.
Mae let out one of those little yips that you get when you don't have the breath for a real scream and then she was airborne.
There was just enough time to try and curl herself into a ball before she smacked into another body and the body said, "Oof" in a very deep voice.
"Ogre!" She didn't have to see all of him in the dark to recognize him. Very few people were nearly seven feet tall and built like pro wrestlers. He set her on the ground with one arm and growled a quick command as he waded into the fight.
"Stay."
"I'm not a dog." She stayed where she was anyway. Ogre didn't bother using any sort of martial art, he simply overpowered the vampire that had thrown Mae. He caught both of the vampire's arms and spread them wide apart.
The vampire glared and hissed at him, swinging a kick at his knee. Ogre reared back and head-butted the vampire, everyone heard the crack of bone. Ogre let go and the vampire dropped to the ground, twitching.
The girl seemd to be enjoying herself with the other two vampires so Ogre backed away and left her to it, keeping an eye on her in case she needed help.
"What took you so long?" Mae accepted his hand up and they both watched the woman work the two vamps back into the alley.
"I passed this really nice fire hydrant and just had to stop."
"Ogre!"
"There was another pack, they hit me from behind and I had to take them on first. You okay?"
"Yeah, thanks to her. Next time I'm buying a gun."
"You can't shoot."
"I'll learn."
Mae turned her attention back to the girl.
"You doing okay?"

"Oh, yeah...just starting to warm up..." she says aiming a roundhouse kick at vamp 1 and chopping vamp 2's head off...
"So what brings you to this dark and deserted alley?" she questions

MerrisHawk
September 5th, 2006, 11:28 AM
The twitcher was trying to move. Ogre pulled his klaive out of his jacket and stepped over the vamp, the big knife in one hand.
"You might want to turn your head, cousin." He used two strikes to sever the vampire's head and then stood back as he filtered to ash, leaving no trace.

Mae kept her eyes on the fight, it was easier to watch. She didn't much like the gory mess that vampire hunting made but it was better thanthe alternative of cleaning up the human mess they left behind. If there was such a thing as a good vampire she had yet to see it. They were all a bunch of bloodthirsty freaks who didn't care who they hurt.

The headless vampire staggered back and turned to ash before it could fall, leaving the girl with only one opponent. The cornered vampire screamed his rage at her, a try for intimidation? Yelling wouldn't help the monster, the girl was competent enough that it never got the chance to dodge around her or charge her.
Did she do this every night like Mae and Ogre? It wasn't so hard to believe that there were other hunters in the darkness. Maybe they could work together? If the Sabbat were catching on to their bait and trap then they'd need help. It was worth considering, Mae decided to wait till she was done and see if they could get along.

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
The headless vampire staggered back and turned to ash before it could fall, leaving the girl with only one opponent. The cornered vampire screamed his rage at her, a try for intimidation? Yelling wouldn't help the monster, the girl was competent enough that it never got the chance to dodge around her or charge her.

"Oh and you really think screaming at me's gonna save you?" She says, throwing punches and kicks at the vampire just for the sheer hell of it, finally running up the wall behind it, jumping and bringing her katana down through the vampire. three down..god knows how many more to go...
"And that's all for now folks..." she says, brushing the dust off her sword and re sheathing it...

MerrisHawk
September 5th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Mae took an involuntary step forward, thanks to Ogre's nudge. Guess he was feeling shy all of a sudden. Mae looked back long enough to send him a glare and then held out a hand,
"Thanks for the rescue. I'm Mae, this is my cousin, Josh, or Ogre, it's what everyone calls him."
Ogre waved a 'hello' from behind Mae.

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Mae took an involuntary step forward, thanks to Ogre's nudge. Guess he was feeling shy all of a sudden. Mae looked back long enough to send him a glare and then held out a hand,
"Thanks for the rescue. I'm Mae, this is my cousin, Josh, or Ogre, it's what everyone calls him."
Ogre waved a 'hello' from behind Mae.

Trisana waves back at Ogre/Josh..."Your welcome to the rescue, i had some stress to vent...all gone now..." she says, smiling...

MerrisHawk
September 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
"Ahh...I was just wondering if you...do this sort of thing a lot?"
Mea waved a hand to indicate the alley, the sword and the bits of ash. She looked so young, Mae had a moment to wonder if she was a vampire. Oger hadn't reacted badly to her and his sense of smell was good enough to tell if she was.
Werewolf? Witch? What was she?

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 05:51 PM
"Ahh...I was just wondering if you...do this sort of thing a lot?"
Mea waved a hand to indicate the alley, the sword and the bits of ash. She looked so young, Mae had a moment to wonder if she was a vampire. Oger hadn't reacted badly to her and his sense of smell was good enough to tell if she was.
Werewolf? Witch? What was she?

Trisana followed Mae's hand and gaze "Yeah, i've been doing this for a few years now. Just so we get this clear, i'm not a vampire, lycan and to my knowledge i dont posses any supernatural powers. I'm just good at what I do." she states "And yourself? you don't seem to be that well armed...apart from Ogre - who is probably very useful-" she asks

((OOC: going offline for a few hours, be back when i can))

MerrisHawk
September 6th, 2006, 02:33 AM
"I'm just as human as you are, so I play bait and lead the bad guys into a spot away from other people, then Ogre cleans up and we go home." Mae didn't mention Ogre's furry problem, it was for him to fess up or not and most shifters didn't announce themselves to humans.

"I've got a little time before I have to get to work. We could check Griffith Park for bloodsuckers, they like to hang out there."

purple dragon
September 6th, 2006, 03:56 AM
"I'm just as human as you are, so I play bait and lead the bad guys into a spot away from other people, then Ogre cleans up and we go home." Mae didn't mention Ogre's furry problem, it was for him to fess up or not and most shifters didn't announce themselves to humans.

"I've got a little time before I have to get to work. We could check Griffith Park for bloodsuckers, they like to hang out there."

"OK then, lets go" she heads out of the alley to Griffith park...

purple dragon
September 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
"OK then, lets go" she heads out of the alley to Griffith park...

As Trisana raches the park, something comes out of the shadow and walks to toward her...a vampire. but instead of drawing her sword, she stops and smiles...

MerrisHawk
September 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
As Trisana raches the park, something comes out of the shadow and walks to toward her...a vampire. but instead of drawing her sword, she stops and smiles...

Ogre started forward to help and Mae grabbed his arm. "I think she knows what she's doing. Let her be and we'll walk around the by the bridge and see what we can scare up." It took another tug on his arm to get him moving again. "Try not to be late this time?"

"Easy for you, cousin, all you have to do is look helpless. I have to catch them."
"You enjoy the chase."
Ogre's grin was contagious. "Yes I do." He gave her a nudge forward. "Why don't you scare up something to play with?"
Mae gave him the finger and walked deeper into the park.

purple dragon
September 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Ogre started forward to help and Mae grabbed his arm. "I think she knows what she's doing. Let her be and we'll walk around the by the bridge and see what we can scare up." It took another tug on his arm to get him moving again. "Try not to be late this time?"

"Easy for you, cousin, all you have to do is look helpless. I have to catch them."
"You enjoy the chase."
Ogre's grin was contagious. "Yes I do." He gave her a nudge forward. "Why don't you scare up something to play with?"
Mae gave him the finger and walked deeper into the park.

"I'll be with you in a minute" she shouts to the retreating figures.

"Hello Sandrilene, long time no see. care to join us for a midnight stroll" she says to the shadow whilst walking where Mae and Ogre went

"Has been a while hasn't it." the vampire says falling into step with her friend.

the two quickly catch up with Mae...

MerrisHawk
September 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
"I'll be with you in a minute" she shouts to the retreating figures.

"Hello Sandrilene, long time no see. care to join us for a midnight stroll" she says to the shadow whilst walking where Mae and Ogre went

"Has been a while hasn't it." the vampire says falling into step with her friend.

the two quickly catch up with Mae...

Ogre caught the scent of the undead as they approached. He walked quickly, placing himself between Mae and the oncoming vampire. Whatever tricks the thing had used to overcome the hunter, they wouldn't work on him.
'What's up, Ogre?" Mae stayed where she was, letting her cousin have the room he needed to fight.

Ogre's only response was a deep rumble of sound, a warning growl meant for the vampire in front of him.

purple dragon
September 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Ogre caught the scent of the undead as they approached. He walked quickly, placing himself between Mae and the oncoming vampire. Whatever tricks the thing had used to overcome the hunter, they wouldn't work on him.
'What's up, Ogre?" Mae stayed where she was, letting her cousin have the room he needed to fight.

Ogre's only response was a deep rumble of sound, a warning growl meant for the vampire in front of him.

"Oh dear" Trisana and Sandrilene say in unison when they hear the grumbling coming from Ogre
"You know she's not actually gonna hurt you don't you?" Trisana asks Ogre...

MerrisHawk
September 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
"Oh dear" Trisana and Sandrilene say in unison when they hear the grumbling coming from Ogre
"You know she's not actually gonna hurt you don't you?" Trisana asks Ogre...

"She is wyrm."
"Wyrm?" Mae looked around Ogre at the vampire. "You're one of them, a vampire. Sabbat?" Was Trisana crazy? She was totally at ease next to the vamp, this wasn't right at all.

purple dragon
September 7th, 2006, 06:27 AM
"She is wyrm."
"Wyrm?" Mae looked around Ogre at the vampire. "You're one of them, a vampire. Sabbat?" Was Trisana crazy? She was totally at ease next to the vamp, this wasn't right at all.

"It would seem i must explain. Me and Sandrliene" she indicates the vampire next to her "have been working together for many years, now. you are perfectly safe here, i trust her with my life." she states

MerrisHawk
September 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM
"It would seem i must explain. Me and Sandrliene" she indicates the vampire next to her "have been working together for many years, now. you are perfectly safe here, i trust her with my life." she states

Mae and Ogre exchanged a look that implied loads of ommunication about risks and trust. Mae shrugged, Ogre ran a hand through his hair and they both looked at Sandrilene and Trisana.
Ogre spoke first. "She trusts you, so we'll give you a chance." His voice had gone back to its normal deep baritone.
"I'm Mae, he's Ogre. I've never run across a vamp that didn't try to attack us, it's a little strange."

purple dragon
September 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Mae and Ogre exchanged a look that implied loads of ommunication about risks and trust. Mae shrugged, Ogre ran a hand through his hair and they both looked at Sandrilene and Trisana.
Ogre spoke first. "She trusts you, so we'll give you a chance." His voice had gone back to its normal deep baritone.
"I'm Mae, he's Ogre. I've never run across a vamp that didn't try to attack us, it's a little strange."

"Thanks, i'm Sandrilene Fa Toren...but just call me Sandry. I know it's a little weird, but i swear on my...unlife that i wont hurt you. now, lets get down to business, it's vamp wooping time!" Sandry says drawing her rapier...Tris follows suit...

MerrisHawk
September 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
"Thanks, i'm Sandrilene Fa Toren...but just call me Sandry. I know it's a little weird, but i swear on my...unlife that i wont hurt you. now, lets get down to business, it's vamp wooping time!" Sandry says drawing her rapier...Tris follows suit...

"This has got to be the wierdest night of my life." Mae poked Ogre in the ribs so he'd stop staring at Sandry and pay attention to her.
"I'll go do the usual and play bait, you guys take cover until something tries for a bite."
Ogre nodded, still not entirely happy and Mae noticed the tight grip he had on his klaive. The big knife was the closest thing he had to a comfort object so she didn't tease him about it.

Mae started walking toward the middle of the park. There was a bridge there that ran over a little stream, it was one of the more open places in the park and Mae didn't feel like testing for bad guys in the trees and brush.

Mea clearly heard a yell and a splash ahead of her, someone was in trouble on the bridge!
She ran full out, with no idea of what to do when she got there. The bridge came into sight along with a group of people in the middle of a fight. One group of three of four was brawling with another group of fifteen or twenty. They were clearly outnumbered but they didn't try to run, they just kept fighting. Mae was almost certain it was some kind of gang war and she didn't need to interfere, then she saw the figure crawling out of the stream on hands and knees. One of the group of four reached down to help the man and lost his head. A sword strike sent it bouncing to the ground in front of the crawling man just as it filtered to ash with the rest of the vampire's body.

This was a vampire battle!
Mae took a few steps backwards and heard Ogre jog up behind her. She'd had the idea of helping the injured man but now she knew he wasn't a man at all. The remaining three fighters were trying desperately to get to their injured companion and it cost them as they lost another to a shotgun blast. The sound was loud enough to make Ogre wince, his ears were more sensitive than hers.

She was ready to leave them to their battle, let them kill each other off even if it wasn't a fair fight. A vampire was a vampire, right? Maybe?
The crawling man collapsed onto his back and Mae saw the end of a stake poking out of his chest. He must have seen them standing there at the edge of the open area because he looked right at them and Mae heard him say,
"Help them." in a pain-filled voice.

It was the way he made the plea that tugged at Mae's conscience. He hadn't said 'help me', he'd said 'help them'.

(OOC - off to get a few things done, be back in a few hours.)

purple dragon
September 8th, 2006, 06:29 AM
"This has got to be the wierdest night of my life." Mae poked Ogre in the ribs so he'd stop staring at Sandry and pay attention to her.
"I'll go do the usual and play bait, you guys take cover until something tries for a bite."
Ogre nodded, still not entirely happy and Mae noticed the tight grip he had on his klaive. The big knife was the closest thing he had to a comfort object so she didn't tease him about it.

Mae started walking toward the middle of the park. There was a bridge there that ran over a little stream, it was one of the more open places in the park and Mae didn't feel like testing for bad guys in the trees and brush.

Mea clearly heard a yell and a splash ahead of her, someone was in trouble on the bridge!
She ran full out, with no idea of what to do when she got there. The bridge came into sight along with a group of people in the middle of a fight. One group of three of four was brawling with another group of fifteen or twenty. They were clearly outnumbered but they didn't try to run, they just kept fighting. Mae was almost certain it was some kind of gang war and she didn't need to interfere, then she saw the figure crawling out of the stream on hands and knees. One of the group of four reached down to help the man and lost his head. A sword strike sent it bouncing to the ground in front of the crawling man just as it filtered to ash with the rest of the vampire's body.

This was a vampire battle!
Mae took a few steps backwards and heard Ogre jog up behind her. She'd had the idea of helping the injured man but now she knew he wasn't a man at all. The remaining three fighters were trying desperately to get to their injured companion and it cost them as they lost another to a shotgun blast. The sound was loud enough to make Ogre wince, his ears were more sensitive than hers.

She was ready to leave them to their battle, let them kill each other off even if it wasn't a fair fight. A vampire was a vampire, right? Maybe?
The crawling man collapsed onto his back and Mae saw the end of a stake poking out of his chest. He must have seen them standing there at the edge of the open area because he looked right at them and Mae heard him say,
"Help them." in a pain-filled voice.

It was the way he made the plea that tugged at Mae's conscience. He hadn't said 'help me', he'd said 'help them'.

(OOC - off to get a few things done, be back in a few hours.)

((ooc: are the other mob vamps as well?))

MerrisHawk
September 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
(OOC Yep.)

purple dragon
September 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
as the odd pair see the battle "Looks like we hit the jackpot..." Tris says drawing her sword from her pharmacopia of vamp killing weapons "Hey Guys, mind if I join the party?" she asks the vamps whilst doing a few practise swings...

MerrisHawk
September 8th, 2006, 11:54 AM
as the odd pair see the battle "Looks like we hit the jackpot..." Tris says drawing her sword from her pharmacopia of vamp killing weapons "Hey Guys, mind if I join the party?" she asks the vamps whilst doing a few practise swings...

Several vampires in the fight turned to face her, it was clear enough they weren't worried about the last two opponents on the bridge.
One of them grinned at Tris, spreading his arms open wide in invitation.
"Come and play, Girlie. then it's my turn." H elicked his fangs and made a 'come on' motion with both hands.

Mae pushed at Ogre. "Can you help them? Please?"

Growling at her, he shrugged out of his jacket and scuffed off his boots. If he had to shfit he didn't want to ruin them. Klaive in one hand he ran forward, making the ten foot leap up to the bridge with little effort. A howl echoed in the night air as he charged the pack of vampires.

purple dragon
September 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Several vampires in the fight turned to face her, it was clear enough they weren't worried about the last two opponents on the bridge.
One of them grinned at Tris, spreading his arms open wide in invitation.
"Come and play, Girlie. then it's my turn." H elicked his fangs and made a 'come on' motion with both hands.

"Bring it" she states, waiting for the vampire who challenged her to make his move...

MerrisHawk
September 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM
"Bring it" she states, waiting for the vampire who challenged her to make his move...

The vampire strolled across the grass, stopping a good fifteen feet away from her. "There ya go, Chickie, nobody else around, nothin' to be scared of. Swing yer little sword at me all you want."

purple dragon
September 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
The vampire strolled across the grass, stopping a good fifteen feet away from her. "There ya go, Chickie, nobody else around, nothin' to be scared of. Swing yer little sword at me all you want."

"Who says i'm scared" Trisana sheaths her sword and walks to face him. "I'm gonna play fair for a change, but I insist, you move first"

Sandri sees tris going off to fight the vamp. she turns to the crowd "Ok, who wants to party with me?" she shouts.

MerrisHawk
September 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
"Who says i'm scared" Trisana sheaths her sword and walks to face him. "I'm gonna play fair for a change, but I insist, you move first".
"Stupid human cattle, never know what's good for 'em." The sabbat jumped forward, reaching for her face with one hand while the other curved into a vicious claw, aimed at her chest. "I'm gonna to drink your blood right out of your heart!"

Sandri sees tris going off to fight the vamp. she turns to the crowd "Ok, who wants to party with me?" she shouts.
The sabbat who were paying attention had a quick conference among themselves. One of them pointed at Sandri. "I can smell it on her, the first to drain her takes her power. Forget the little fish, take her!" As a group they abandoned the fight on the bridge, the mass of them swarmed across the grass, teeth claws and frenzied red eyes, intent on taking Sandri apart.

Ogre was left alone on the bridge with the bodies of the vampires he'd taken down and the last two vamps, the injured one was lying very still under the bridge. He followed is wolf instincts and gave chase to the sabbat pack.

Mae had made a wide half-circle around the combat zone and as soon as they all chased after the sabbat she came out of the tree line, headed for the vampire under the bridge.

purple dragon
September 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM
"Stupid human cattle, never know what's good for 'em." The sabbat jumped forward, reaching for her face with one hand while the other curved into a vicious claw, aimed at her chest. "I'm gonna to drink your blood right out of your heart!"

tris performs a quick duck and roll, whipping out a dagger mid roll and slices the vamp..."now who's cattle?"...

The sabbat who were paying attention had a quick conference among themselves. One of them pointed at Sandri. "I can smell it on her, the first to drain her takes her power. Forget the little fish, take her!" As a group they abandoned the fight on the bridge, the mass of them swarmed across the grass, teeth claws and frenzied red eyes, intent on taking Sandri apart.

"Whoopee, loks like i got myself some admirers, how are you doin tris?"
she shouts over to her friend, while drawing her weapon and waiting for the impending attack...

MerrisHawk
September 12th, 2006, 01:13 AM
The sabbat pack swarmed over Sandri, burying her in a pile of bodies, fangs and claws. Ogre reached them and started tearing into them, one and sometimes two vampires at a time.

The vampire playing with Tris was suddenly serious. He swung an arm to block her knife hand and tackled her, reaching for her throat with his fangs.

purple dragon
September 12th, 2006, 06:10 AM
The sabbat pack swarmed over Sandri, burying her in a pile of bodies, fangs and claws. Ogre reached them and started tearing into them, one and sometimes two vampires at a time.

The vampire playing with Tris was suddenly serious. He swung an arm to block her knife hand and tackled her, reaching for her throat with his fangs.

suddenly the pile rises, sandribursting through "Ogre, move outta the way if you dont wanna get hurt" sandri had planted a timed bomb underneath the vampires and was now running towards her friend

Trisana rolled with the tackle and got straight back up again.

MerrisHawk
September 13th, 2006, 09:47 AM
suddenly the pile rises, sandribursting through "Ogre, move outta the way if you dont wanna get hurt" sandri had planted a timed bomb underneath the vampires and was now running towards her friend.
Ogre took a few more moments to smash a couple of vampire heads together, dropping the bodies and making a leap that put him beside Sandri. He reached over, picked her up and made another leap, setting the vampire down behind Tris.
Scanning for Mae he found her with the other vampires under the bridge.

Trisana rolled with the tackle and got straight back up again.
The vampire on Tris jumped back when Ogre landed with Sandri. He looked at the three of them and ran, sprinting for the edge of the park.
Ogre shook his huge, furry head. "Stupid vampire."

purple dragon
September 13th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Ogre took a few more moments to smash a couple of vampire heads together, dropping the bodies and making a leap that put him beside Sandri. He reached over, picked her up and made another leap, setting the vampire down behind Tris.
Scanning for Mae he found her with the other vampires under the bridge.

The vampire on Tris jumped back when Ogre landed with Sandri. He looked at the three of them and ran, sprinting for the edge of the park.
Ogre shook his huge, furry head. "Stupid vampire."

Tris plucked out 6 throwing stars and threw them and the retreating vamps, then watching as the all fall to the ground "Don't worry, they're not dead, i just want some to interrogate" she shouted to the others.

Suddenly there was a large boom as the pile of vamp exploded, Tris and Sandri, being closest to the pile up, diving out of the way of flying dirt and limbs turning to ash.

"You had to do it the easy way didn't you?" she says pointedly to Sandri who has a cheeky grin on her face "Of course" she replies

the pair got up once the explosion was over and headed towards Mae and Ogre...

MerrisHawk
September 13th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Mae came up to the vampire under the bridge, his last two defenders had joined him, giving her dirty looks as she approached. One of them looked like he'd just come from Sturgis, leather pants, jacket, boots and t-shirt, ash-blond hair hung halfway down his back. The other was his opposite and looked like he belonged in a college dorm. Short brown hair, lean, wiry build, jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. Mae would have pegged him as the struggling student type...except for the two-hundred dollar shoes and the fangs. Both of them were bloody and bruised but they were in better shape than their companion. He was lying very still with the stake sticking out of his chest.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt him."
The blond biker vampire snorted. "Ya got that right."

"Dutch...let her come." The voice was strained and weak, the vampire had to be in a great deal of pain.
Dutch moved back a bit and motioned for the other vampire to scoot back.
Mae moved closer, kneeling down to get a better look at his injuries. Blood covered his shirt, about four inches of the wooden stake stuck out of his chest. If Mae remembered her anatomy right, it was in his heart, he should be dead. Looking at his face she could only tell that he had a long nose and a dimple in his chin, everything else was covered in bruises and cuts. He'd been worked over pretty hard before he'd been stabbed.
"You helped us...thank you. I would offer you a boon...if it is in my power."
"Jeremy!" Dutch leaned closer to see the other man's face. "You can't do a damn thing as you are, leave it for now."
"No. No waiting...in case..."
"We can get you to the Dark, we'll get help, you'll be okay." This from the young-looking vampire.
"Forget it, whelp." Dutch shook his head. "Anything to be done has to happen now or not at all."
Mae knew it was a dumb question to ask and she wouldn't like the answer but she said it anyway.
"What needs to be done?"
Dutch looked right at her. "He needs blood to heal, something with power to it. I don't have it, neither does Jason." He indicated the young looking vampire. "Our best bet is a stronger vampire but we don't have any."
"Is there any other way?"
"Maybe. If he can drink from all of us it will help him heal. I'll have to pull the stake out while he feeds. Whoever is on the other end of that is going to get hurt."
"I'll do it." Jason volunteered.
"Can't." Jeremy's lips barely moved. "Has to be female...has to be."
"Dammit MacNeil, now's not the time to be picky!" Dutch waved a hand at Jeremy's chest.
"Not...picky...curse...can't." He winced and shuddered once, going very still.
Dutch and Jason both stared at Mae, not saying a word. She knew what they were thinking.

purple dragon
September 13th, 2006, 11:51 AM
"What about me? I'm 4th generation and ii'm vampire?" Enquires Sandri

MerrisHawk
September 15th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Mae jumped at the sound of Sandri's voice, she hadn't heard her walk up.
Dutch looked her over and then waved for Mae to move. "Your blood has power to it, I can feel it from here. Understand, he will have no control once I pull the stake. The pain will make him mad, he could tear you apart without knowing what he's doing."

purple dragon
September 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM
"I understand, and am prepared. now quickly before it's too late. now, what do i do?" ...Tris has got my back...i hope...

MerrisHawk
September 15th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Dutch leaned close to Jeremy's ear. "Hold on, man. We've got a shot, just try not to lose control."
"...Dutch...no...bond." Jeremy's voice was a bare whisper.
"I know what you're asking, I'll keep you free."
Dutch settled himself on one side of Jeremy's chest, carefully wrapping his big hand around the stake.
He looked to Sandri. "Sit here, on the other side. He'll need to feed fast, it's got to be an artery. Let him have your neck, brace with your arms so you can pull back. Jason, get down here and hold his head, if he tries to tear at her, break his jaw."
Jason moved to where Dutch wanted him though he didn't seem happy about his instructions.
Mae was startled when Dutch addressed her again.
"I'll need you to finish it. He'll need a taste of human to keep the bonding off. Will you do it or do I need to find someone else?"
Mae thought she understood what he meant. If she refused, he'd find the first human female he could and willing or not, he'd use them to feed his friend. He was desperate to save Jeremy.
Mae nodded, giving her consent, ignoring the fear that scratched across her mind.
"Okay." Dutch got ready to pull. "Do it."

purple dragon
September 15th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Dutch leaned close to Jeremy's ear. "Hold on, man. We've got a shot, just try not to lose control."
"...Dutch...no...bond." Jeremy's voice was a bare whisper.
"I know what you're asking, I'll keep you free."
Dutch settled himself on one side of Jeremy's chest, carefully wrapping his big hand around the stake.
He looked to Sandri. "Sit here, on the other side. He'll need to feed fast, it's got to be an artery. Let him have your neck, brace with your arms so you can pull back. Jason, get down here and hold his head, if he tries to tear at her, break his jaw."
Jason moved to where Dutch wanted him though he didn't seem happy about his instructions.
Mae was startled when Dutch addressed here again.
"I'll need you to finish it. He'll need a taste of human to keep the bonding off. Will you do it or do I need to find someone else?"
Mae thought she understood what he meant. If she refused, he'd find the first human female he could and willing or not, he'd use them to feed his friend. He was desperate to save Jeremy.
Mae nodded, giving her consent, ignoring the fear that scratched across her mind.
"Okay." Dutch got ready to pull. "Do it."

As Sandri knelt by Jermey, pushing her long brown hair out of the way of her neck she said "Everyone ready?"

at that same moment, Tris whispered to mae "if you don't think you can do it, i will, just say now."...

MerrisHawk
September 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM
As Sandri knelt by Jermey, pushing her long brown hair out of the way of her neck she said "Everyone ready?"
Jason led Jeremy's hand to Sandri's neck so he could feel where she was. Dutch only nodded.

At that same moment, Tris whispered to Mae "if you don't think you can do it, I will, just say now."...
Mae gave Tris a smile of thanks. Her offer gave Mae the boost of courage she needed, she wasn't going to be a wuss, this was one thing she could do that didn't require strength, combat skill, or any kind of creepy, skin-shivering magic.
"I can do this much. Thanks for the offer."

Dutch yanked the stake free.
Jeremy screamed.

purple dragon
September 16th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Sandri put her neck in jeremy's line of fire...tris readied herself for the worst

MerrisHawk
September 18th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Sandri put her neck in Jeremy's line of fire...Tris readied herself for the worst.

Jeremy's hoarse scraming stopped as soon as he buried his fangs in Sandri's neck. He held on with an iron grip on her head and her shoulder. He swallowed her blood in noisy gulps, his mind beyond reason and his eyes glowing red in frenzy.
The feeding went on for several minutes and Mae was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to finish. Dutch finally reached for Sandri to pull her away.
Jeremy struck so fast that Dutch couldn't avoid his backhand. He was thrown back a few feet to lay flat on the grass, stunned. Jeremy's next move was to roll over Sadri, pinning her with his weight and continuing to feed. Jason's attempt to pull him back met the same resistance and he was knocked back. Dutch kept him from falling on his backside as he rushed back at Jeremy, throwing Jason ahead of him.
"Stop him or he'll kill her! He's in a rage and can't think for himself!"
Jason yanked on Sandri and Dutch tackled Jeremy, rolling him off of Sandri and tearing his fangs away from her throat.
The crazed vampire snapped his teeth at Dutch, trying for a vein. He had both hands wrapped around his head and was slowly forcing him to expose his neck while Dutch held him down. It was obvious Jeremy was going to win, he was full of rich blood while Dutch was still injured.

purple dragon
September 19th, 2006, 05:57 AM
sandri, dazed by blood loss, sturggled out of reach.

Tris, rugby tackled Jeremy to the floor, injecting a tranquiliser into his leg. sitting of him, she whipped out her knife slit her wrist and poured her blood into his mouth...

MerrisHawk
September 19th, 2006, 10:24 AM
(OOC I'll be back in a day I've got surgery this morning)

purple dragon
September 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
(OOC I'll be back in a day I've got surgery this morning)

(OOC: have fun there?)

MerrisHawk
September 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
sandri, dazed by blood loss, sturggled out of reach.

Tris, rugby tackled Jeremy to the floor, injecting a tranquiliser into his leg. sitting of him, she whipped out her knife slit her wrist and poured her blood into his mouth...

Jeremy shackled Tris' wrist in both of his hands and fed. Mae reached for Sandri to help her sit and was pushed out of the way by Ogre. He carefully lowered her to the ground and stood between her and Mae, obviously on guard for the two of them. It was extremely odd for him, he didn't like vampires, it was a natural repulsion his kind shared.
Mae gave him a "what's going on?" look and he only shrugged, shoving his hand through his dark hair in a gesture of irritation. He didn't know. Maybe it was part of his upbringing, he'd always looked out for Mae and he had an old-fashioned set of rules that seemed to apply mostly to his personal life. He refused to talk about his pack to Mae, all he said was that things were different and it was none of her business.

Jeremy finally let loose of Tris, his big head resting on the grass, eyes closed. Jason was close enough to reach for Tris' arm, examining the wound and placing a large piece of gauze over it.
He gave Tris a shy smile. "It never hurts to bring the first aid kit."
Dutch snorted. "You are the first aid kit, whelp. How is he?"

"I'm fine, Dutch." Jeremy looked up at Tris. "Hello."

purple dragon
September 25th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Jeremy shackled Tris' wrist in both of his hands and fed. Mae reached for Sandri to help her sit and was pushed out of the way by Ogre. He carefully lowered her to the ground and stood between her and Mae, obviously on guard for the two of them. It was extremely odd for him, he didn't like vampires, it was a natural repulsion his kind shared.
Mae gave him a "what's going on?" look and he only shrugged, shoving his hand through his dark hair in a gesture of irritation. He didn't know. Maybe it was part of his upbringing, he'd always looked out for Mae and he had an old-fashioned set of rules that seemed to apply mostly to his personal life. He refused to talk about his pack to Mae, all he said was that things were different and it was none of her business.

Jeremy finally let loose of Tris, his big head resting on the grass, eyes closed. Jason was close enough to reach for Tris' arm, examining the wound and placing a large piece of gauze over it.
He gave Tris a shy smile. "It never hurts to bring the first aid kit."
Dutch snorted. "You are the first aid kit, whelp. How is he?"

"I'm fine, Dutch." Jeremy looked up at Tris. "Hello."

Tris smiled and let Jason wrap the gauze on her arm. she turns to to Jeremy "Hi." she suddenly remebered the main reason for being here and rushed over to Sandri, "You ok?" she asks
"i'll survive if thats what you mean..." she said in a faint voice, unusual for Sandri.
"So you guys, how did you happen to be attacked by that motley bunch of vamps we just blew up?" she asks Jeremy, Dutch and Jason...

MerrisHawk
September 26th, 2006, 03:23 AM
"So you guys, how did you happen to be attacked by that motley bunch of vamps we just blew up?" she asks Jeremy, Dutch and Jason...

The three of them exchanged a long look before Dutch pulled Jeremy to his feet. Jeremy made one half-hearted attempt to straighten his torn shirt.
"That "motley bunch of vamps" was a pack of crescent moon dogs trying to take control of the city." He paused, holding up a hand and looking at Tris.
"Let's do this the right way. My defenders here are Dutch and Jason. My name is Jeremy MacNeil and L.A. is my city. It's a small part of the Free States." He spread his hands to indicate a larger area.
"Thanks to you and yours we are all safe from the Sabbat for another night. I would like to know the names to call you and the boon you would ask of me?"
Dutch rolled his eyes. "You're going to start that again. Why don't you just hand over your head while you're at it?"
"Dutch, you're one of the best men I've ever had stand with me in a fight, but you don't know squat about people."
"Fine. Do what you like, you always have."
Jeremy gave him a piercing look, there were years behind this argument, it wouldn't be settled soon. When Dutch's eyes dropped he turned back to the group, face pleasant once more.

"I am willing to grant a boon within my power, but first a name?"

purple dragon
September 26th, 2006, 08:46 AM
The three of them exchanged a long look before Dutch pulled Jeremy to his feet. Jeremy made one half-hearted attempt to straighten his torn shirt.
"That "motley bunch of vamps" was a pack of crescent moon dogs trying to take control of the city." He paused, holding up a hand and looking at Tris.
"Let's do this the right way. My defenders here are Dutch and Jason. My name is Jeremy MacNeil and L.A. is my city. It's a small part of the Free States." He spread his hands to indicate a larger area.
"Thanks to you and yours we are all safe from the Sabbat for another night. I would like to know the names to call you and the boon you would ask of me?"
Dutch rolled his eyes. "You're going to start that again. Why don't you just hand over your head while you're at it?"
"Dutch, you're one of the best men I've ever had stand with me in a fight, but you don't know squat about people."
"Fine. Do what you like, you always have."
Jeremy gave him a piercing look, there were years behind this argument, it wouldn't be settled soon. When Dutch's eyes dropped he turned back to the group, face pleasant once more.

"I am willing to grant a boon within my power, but first a name?"

"I am Tris, this is Sandri, Mae and...Ogre" she said pointing to each of them respectivly.
"As for a boon, we...well me and Sandri, would like any information you have as to the location of any hideouts belonging to the Sabbats."
"oh, and Dutch, i wouldn't be so condescending to your friend, if it weren't for him, you wouldn't have got our help in the first place..."
suddenly she started walking back over to where the fight took place, towards the 3 bodies lying groaning on the floor...

MerrisHawk
September 28th, 2006, 03:32 AM
"I am Tris, this is Sandri, Mae and...Ogre" she said pointing to each of them respectivly.
"As for a boon, we...well me and Sandri, would like any information you have as to the location of any hideouts belonging to the Sabbats."
"oh, and Dutch, i wouldn't be so condescending to your friend, if it weren't for him, you wouldn't have got our help in the first place..."
suddenly she started walking back over to where the fight took place, towards the 3 bodies lying groaning on the floor...

Jeremy watched her walk away, one eyebrow rising in question. He would have folowed her except that Ogre had stepped forward.
"Yes?"
"In private." Ogre was acting strangely. Mae wanted to know what was going on in his head, if there were any brains left in it. He shook his head at her, telling her he wanted to talk to MacNeil alone. Mae shrugged, he could do as he pleased, she wasn't his babysitter.
Jeremy nodded and the two men walked off a little ways into the park.
The rest watched Tris.

purple dragon
September 28th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Jeremy watched her walk away, one eyebrow rising in question. He would have folowed her except that Ogre had stepped forward.
"Yes?"
"In private." Ogre was acting strangely. Mae wanted to know what was going on in his head, if there were any brains left in it. He shook his head at her, telling her he wanted to talk to MacNeil alone. Mae shrugged, he could do as he pleased, she wasn't his babysitter.
Jeremy nodded and the two men walked off a little ways into the park.
The rest watched Tris.

"Tris, where are you...going" says Sandri, running up to her. she sees the 3 vamps lying semi concious on the ground "...oh" she smiles. "Hey guys, look what Tris caught..." she calls over to the others...

MerrisHawk
October 6th, 2006, 12:20 AM
"Tris, where are you...going" says Sandri, running up to her. she sees the 3 vamps lying semi concious on the ground "...oh" she smiles. "Hey guys, look what Tris caught..." she calls over to the others...

Mae had an idea of what they would do with the sabbat, she stayed where she was as Jason and Dutch joined Tris and Sandri. She couldn't hear so much as a whisper from Ogre and MacNeil which was as frustrating as it was worrying. What was her cousin up to?

Ogre and Jeremy talked quietly , sizing each other up and they exchanged words. Mae saw Ogre shake his head once and Jeremy nodded as he listened. When Ogre glanced over at her and Jeremy followed his gaze, Mae decided that was enough, they were talking about her and she had every right to know what they were saying.
Before she took more than three steps, the two men were shaking hands, the deal was made, whatever it was.

purple dragon
October 6th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Mae had an idea of what they would do with the sabbat, she stayed where she was as Jason and Dutch joined Tris and Sandri. She couldn't hear so much as a whisper from Ogre and MacNeil which was as frustrating as it was worrying. What was her cousin up to?

Ogre and Jeremy talked quietly , sizing each other up and they exchanged words. Mae saw Ogre shake his head once and Jeremy nodded as he listened. When Ogre glanced over at her and Jeremy followed his gaze, Mae decided that was enough, they were talking about her and she had every right to know what they were saying.
Before she took more than three steps, the two men were shaking hands, the deal was made, whatever it was.

tris had taken a couple of glances over at Ogre and Jeremy something fishy is going on here... for a brief moment a frown appears but vanishes straight after
"So, what are we going to do with them?" She asks

purple dragon
August 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
tris had taken a couple of glances over at Ogre and Jeremy something fishy is going on here... for a brief moment a frown appears but vanishes straight after
"So, what are we going to do with them?" She asks

((OOC: doing my thread resseurection bit...))

"Dunno" Sandri replies, then suddenly feels the need to sit down, and does so.

MerrisHawk
October 30th, 2007, 01:23 AM
((OOC)) Thanks Lady!

Jason leaned down to Sandri. "You okay?"

Jeremy and Ogre walked up to join them, Mae along with with them. The vampires on the ground held still and silent, waiting to see what the MacNeil declared.

purple dragon
October 30th, 2007, 03:40 AM
"Yeah, I think so...give me a sec." Sandri laid down on her back and exhaled slowly a few times until she felt the dizziness pass then slowly climbed to her feet. "Yeah, I'm good. Tris, how are ya feeling?" She asked
"Never better" came the reply.

MerrisHawk
November 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Jeremy stepped forward to face the vampires on the ground.
"You have failed in your mission, you have one chance to escape your fate." Jeremy waited and one of them finally asked the question.
"What do we have to do?"
The Prince's smile was anything but nice.
"Take a message to your master."
The sabbat looked relieved, they started to get up but Dutch, Jason and Ogre were suddenly a very menacing presence beside the Prince. The vampires stayed where they were.

Mae looked to the other two women, paying attention to their expressions and attitudes. She wondered what MacNeil was plotting, he NEVER let an enemy walk, not in any tale she'd ever heard. There was something here that was more important to the Prince than a few sabbat. What was it?

"Tell Stroth that I'm ready for him, tell him that my people are stronger, my allies deadlier than any the sabbat can bring to bear." Jeremy's fangs showed as he snarled at the vampires. "Tell the coward to face me himself or leave the Free States. Go!"

The vampires were up and running as soon as the word was out of his mouth. They watched them until they were out of sight and then Jeremy faced the little group again. Jason walked away a few steps to make a cell phone call.

"If you have the time, I would like all of you to come to my home for a short while."

purple dragon
November 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
When Jeremy spoke to her catch Tris and Sandri looked at each other, raised an eyebrow, but did nothing more...there would be time to discuss this later.

Tris was cleaning the gear she had used, returning it to their hiding places. So, Jemery was inviting them over...they could either decline it and go do some snooping, or go, look around, get some answers then go snooping. The second option would be much better
"All the time in the world" she replied, slotting her last throwing star into its belt holder.

MerrisHawk
November 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Jason slid the cell phone into his pocket as he walked back to them. "The limo will meet us on the north side."
Dutch went first, giving Jeremy no chance to lead the little group, apparently he was going to protect his Prince whether he wanted it or not. Jason's grin was hidden from Dutch's view, the disgruntled vampire wouldn't have appreciated it.
Mae tugged on Ogre's sleeve to hold him back a bit, wanting a little privacy to talk to him and Jason was smart enough to take the hint. He offered to let Tris and Sandri walk with Jeremy and followed along behind, trying to stay close enough to Ogre and Mae to overhear.

purple dragon
November 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Tris and Sandri took the invitation and walked on, having a silent conversation with each other...they had worked out this system a while back and through their body language could convey their meanings
What is going on Sandri?
I dunno, what are you asking me for?
Well you're the vampire!
I'm guessing he's some sort of royalty...
WHAT???
Just guessing...
Tris threw Sandri a glare then walked a bit faster to catch up with the rest. Sandri caught up with her easily
Don't be like that
like what
like that! How was I to know?
Tris sighed
Ok, ok, I'm sorry...now lets go dig up some dirt.

MerrisHawk
November 2nd, 2007, 01:09 AM
Mae stopped walking and Ogre had to stop or leave her behind.
"Okay, what?"

"What was the conference with MacNeil all about? Why were you two looking at me?"
Ogre shook his head. "It wasn't about you, Mae, we were just talking business--"
"Bull."
"Mae...you don't know what you're--"
"Bull."
"Quit interrupting." He glared at her.
"Quit trying to lie to me." She glared back.
"Cuz, this isn't anything you need to worry about, okay. It's pack business and I can't tell you anything more, you know that." Ogre raked both hands through his already messy hair.
"Okay, Cuz, I'm not going to worry about, I'm going to trust that you wouldn't lie to me." Mae started walking toward the others, leaving Ogre with that little bite. She knew he had a thing about being honest and if he had hidden anything from her it would bug him until he confessed.
Ogre caught up with her in three strides and was silent most of the walk. He might have said more, he looked like he wanted to but a long black limo was waiting for them and Jason motioning for them to hurry up.

The limo was new, shiny and well-equipped. Mae spotted the little mini bar and wondered if it carried drinks or...drinks?

purple dragon
November 2nd, 2007, 04:56 AM
Sandri and Tris grinned, getting into the limo - it was not often they got to travel in such luxury...normally either on foot or by motorbike. They sat opposite each other at the far side - allowing for easier communication.

MerrisHawk
November 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
The Limo ride was smooth, the passengers barely noticed the corners and the stop lights. Jeremy made several calls on a cell phone, reassuring people and making plans to meet, talk soon or continue with whatever schedules they had set previously.
Mae sat with her arms crossed, watching Ogre and he pretended not to notice, talking quietly with Jason. Dutch didn't talk to anyone, he kept watching out the windows until the limo slowed to a stop.

"We're here." The driver opened the door and they could see the front of Jeremy's "home". The building in front of them didn't look like a house, it looked more like a museum. The warm yellow stone that made up the exterior was offset by mullioned windows and ornamental frescoes spaced evenly along the front. As they exited the limo, they could see a stone fountain at the center of the circular drive.

The massive double doors at the top of six steps opened. The man waiting for them appeared to be a butler in the most traditional sense Mae had ever heard of. He wore the black and white uniform of the head of the household staff, his short gray hair was neatly trimmed and Mae was certain that no speck of dust would dare remain within ten feet of his stern expression.

"Wow." She stepped out of the limo and took it all in, conscious now of her grass stained knees and wondering if she looked as messy as she felt. Ogre didn't seem self conscious, he looked more wary and tense but that was to be expected, he was a wolf in vampire territory, Mae was just...Mae.

Jeremy motioned for them all to follow him inside, introducing the formidable butler as Alfred.
Alfred smiled as he showed them in, leading to a sitting room decorated in shades of burgundy and green, a man's room.
"Would anyone care for a refreshment while Master Jeremy makes him self presentable?"

purple dragon
November 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
The house certainly was impressive, Tris gave him that. Whilst everyone else had been staring, Sandri had slipped a tracking device down tht side of the seat, pushing it so far down that no one would be able to see it at all.
She blinked at her partener done. Tris nodded back and with a smile got out of the car. The inside of the house was just as grand as its exterior, but not the sort of place she would like to live - it lacked all that feminine elegence of their place.
"I'll have a glass of water please." She glanced at Sandri "and one for me too." was the reply.
Sandri felt a certain irony - Jeremy had to make himself presentable...how nice, so he got to look all prim, proper and clean whilst the rest of them stood around in ash, grass and bloodstained clothes.

MerrisHawk
November 6th, 2007, 12:15 AM
"Of course Miss, I will return immediately."
Alfred made sure there was a pitcher of water as well as hot tea and snacks for the guests. As soon as they were halfway comfortable he went upstairs to help Jeremy clean up and deliver the messages he'd received.

Jeremy hung up the phone and turned as Alfred helped him get his jacket on straight.
"H.P. said there would be a group, four is hardly 'group' number." He checked his watch again.

"Your guests are in no hurry, Sir and I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for the Nosferatu's choice of words." Alfred stepped back to check his work. He'd been part of the MacNeil's household ever since he'd come to this country and he took pride in making sure his charge. Jeremy was still a bit rough around the edges but he'd come around in a century or two.

"Aye, he's always got more words to explain his words. It's enough to drive a vampire to frenzy."

"And yet he's never steered you wrong. You did well in joining your interests." Alfred held the door open, pointedly indicating it was time for Jeremy to address his guests.

"Well, it would be better if he were to show himself tonight and do his own explaining. I don't see how four...people are going to save the city."

"H.P. will show himself if you deem it necessary Sir, shall I make the call?"
The tone in Alfred's voice was more like parent to child than either of them would admit and it got the reaction Alfred was hoping for.

"Thank you but no, Alfred. I'm a grown man and don't need to be advised at every turn." The words were clipped and irritable, Alfred had a knack of making him feel like a petulant child at times and he knew it was partly because he deserved it and also because he cared what the old man thought of him.

They approached the parlor and Alfred stepped forward to open the doors.

Jeremy walked into the room and stopped as soon as he realized that he had no idea what he was going to say. If they had been his people, he could have commanded their attention and told them what he expected of them. Looking at the group in front of him, that wasn’t going to be an option. He spoke from his heart instead.

“You have saved my life this night, for that I thank you. The city is an uneasy place these last few months. The sabbat have been gathering their forces here in the free states, especially in L.A. Something wicked this way comes and I’m certain L.A. is going to take the brunt of it.” Jeremy looked aro9und the room to make sure they were all paying attention.
“I’m asking for your help in stopping the sabbat before the city and everyone in it is destroyed.” He waved his hands to indicate the mansion. “There is enough room for all here. Will you stay?”

purple dragon
November 6th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Sandri and Tris had waited in silence, sipping their water - the time for questions would come later.

When Jeremy entered and gave his speech, they looked at each other once more - a silent conversation passing in the space of a few mere moments. They nodded, and Sandri spoke
"We would be honoured to stay and help, but if it is not too much hassle, we would like to return to our lodging to collect some things."

MerrisHawk
November 7th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Jeremy inclined his head to Sandri, a gesture of welcome and respect.
"I will answer your questions when you return. Would you like an armed escort? There were those that saw you leave with me and they will count you as an enemy."

"Those? You mean your enemies." Mae was getting a picture from the words he used, the way he said them. Jeremy MacNeil had some explaining to do. "That's why we walked all the way across the park, that's why we rode in a limo instead of a couple of cabs." She pointed a finger at the red haired Prince of L.A.
"You wanted us seen with you, connected to you so that your enemies would be our enemies."

"Mae...are you sure?" Ogre shifted slightly forward on the sofa, close enough to Mae to provide cover if the Prince didn't like what she said.

"I'm sure. I told you about the premonition, it had to mean this." Mae gestured to the four of them. "How did you pick us?"

Jeremy sighed and went to stand by the window. He'd wanted to save the questions for later but Mae was apparently one of the over-curious types. He might as well tell them.

"I wasn't exactly looking for the four of you. I was looking for a combination of abilities that you posses. A vampire of ancient blood, a warrior who can call steel from the air, a kin leader who has united the packs and a witch who sees the future. These are the things I watched for, and it seems I have found them."

Ogre stared hard at Jeremy, his posture tense. "Your information is wrong. The packs are far from united and I lead none of them."
Jeremy frowned at him. "You're the representative chosen to negotiate the treaty aren't you?"

Ogre blinked once, very slowly. "You know a lot for a vampire. The choice hasn't been made yet."

Jeremy leaned forward. "Something isn't adding up. I know I'm talking to the right people, but...the timing is off." He stood. "I will get the correct answers to this little puzzle, but for now I offer my home and the services of my staff in anything you may require. If you will excuse me, I have work to do."
Jeremy was out the door and halfway up the steps before he bellowed, "ALFRED!"

Mae patted Ogre on the shoulder, hoping he'd calm down a little. He was working himself up to the growling stage while talking to Jeremy and Mae didn't want to see him try and tear Jeremy's head off until she'd gotten a few more answers.
"Are you going to stay?"
Ogre looked at her like she'd just lost her mind. "Tonight we stay, tomorrow we get answers, after that, we'll see."

Mae looked to Tris and Sandri, "I don't mind waiting for a day to see what's going, I want to know where this guy gets his information. I think we should stick together for now. Could we go with you to get your stuff?"

As usual Alfred met him at the top of the stairs.
"Something wrong, Sir?"

"AYE! That sneaky sewer demon has a few things to answer for. I want him here NOW!"
"Of course, Sir."
Jeremy stomped off down the hall to dump the jacket and find a bottle of the purple stuff Mory made. This night was turning into a complete disaster! He made it back down to his office without being seen and opened the door to find Dutch sitting behind his desk, drinking his booze.

"Get out of my chair and give me that bottle."
Dutch moved but he only handed MacNeil a half full glass of the purple liquid.
"I could have you staked to the roof for your insolence."
"Yeah, but I'd probably spill the rest of the bottle in the fight."
"Don't even think it, man. The cost of those bottles is hideous."
"They going to stay?"
Jeremy scrubbed a hand over his face. "I hope so. I've manipulated everything I can to make it that way."
"Sounds sneaky to me."
"Morals, Dutch?" Jeremy shook his head. "I might be using old tricks but if it comes down to it, I will lie, steal, beg and kill to keep my people safe." I willna regret that. Not ever." The Scots accent showed itself so rarely that Dutch let it go for now, he was even nice enough to top off Jeremy's glass.

purple dragon
November 7th, 2007, 05:13 AM
"An armed escort should not be necessary, our visit will be brief." Sandri replied in answer to his qestion.

The pair then listened to the conversation - so there was a meaning to their being here. They were pawns in a game that the gods were playing....Sandri hated it when they got involved.
Tris wasn't too sure on it either, but she liked the name and made a note to bring more throwing stars from home.

Tris turned to Mae "you are welcome to join us, it would be a wise decision to stay as a group - and you are welcome to access our dataase for information whilst you are there - perhaps it may help you acquire the answers you are searching for."

MerrisHawk
November 9th, 2007, 02:06 AM
"Database?" Mae visibly perked up, the idea of loads of information at her disposal was like candy to kiddies. She wanted to see it.
"An hour, no more." Ogre poked Mae with a finger, making sure she heard him.
"An hour is hardly enough time to do anything!" Mae scowled at him.
"An hour is all you get. I mean it." Ogre looked to Tris and Sandri for help. "She gets going and she won't stop for anything. An hour is all we can afford tonight."

purple dragon
November 9th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Tris smiled. She had guessed right - Mae was the brains behind everything, that was good to know. This would be a profitable visit home for sure.
She nodded. "Very well, an hour it is. Shall we leave now, or would you like a little more time?"
Sandri was looking at her friend, trying to get her attention - she was confused as to why she was consenting to let strangers into their home, which had remained a secret to all - it wasn't even registered in any telephone books or directories. They had taken every possible measure to assure that no one would ever discover it, and yet she was willing to let these people in - and even access their classified files. God that girl had some explaining to do.
After a couple of seconds she gave up, walking off to summon the transport, by means of a button on her watch.

MerrisHawk
November 12th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Mae and Ogre followed Sandri and Tris outside. Mae wasn't exactly sure what was bugging her, she just had a bad feeling about splitting up in a strange place. Something bad always happens when you do that, just watch any scary movie and you'll see.

purple dragon
November 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
The car pulled up, a landrover with tinted windows. Sandri glanced at her watch - only a couple of hours left til sunrise. She opened the door to the back for Mae and Ogre whilst Tris got in the drivers seat. Taking her place in the passenger side, she opened the glove compartment, pulling out a twin set of pistols. The engine roared to life, and once Tris was assured everyone was belted in she roared away, eyes constantly flicking from the road in front to the rear view mirror.

MerrisHawk
November 15th, 2007, 03:24 AM
"Is it far?"
Mae was more than ready to do some serious research, too many strange things were going on tonight and she didn't have a clue as to why. Where did MacNeil get his information? Why did he think Ogre was in charge of the pack? Why wasn't she more worried about everything that had happened tonight?
Ogre was another puzzle. Her anti-vampire cousin was snarling as much as he usually did around vampires and more than once she'd caught him staring at Sandri with a deep frown on his face.

Alfred knocked once on the door to Jeremy's office. "Sir, your guest has arrived. shall I show him in?"
Jeremy nodded to Alfred and looked over at Dutch. "Take the bottle, go sleep it off downstairs."
For once, Dutch didn't argue. He took the bottle and gave Jeremy a half hearted salute on his way out the door.
The door opened a minute later and a six foot tall figure entered the office, covered completely with a grey cloak. There were gloves on the hands and beneath the hood, the face was covered in a black, carnival style mask, decorated with swirling lines of silver and glittering red. The only indication that the figure was male was the width of shoulder and the smooth tenor voice that addressed the Prince.
"You have questions?"
"You know I do. Your little prophecy has a few flaws in it."
"That isn't possible."
"Really." Jeremy's tone was flat and sarcastic. He stood up to lean across his desk. "I found your group tonight, or the start of it, they were not exactly what you described, H.P." Jeremy told him the events of the night. Care to explain what's going on?"
The cloak shifted slightly, the eyes behind the mask blinked once. "Everything should be in place, this is the vision I was given. It had to be tonight."
"Maybe you should check your magic 8-ball again." Jeremy's sarcasm wasn't lost on the masked vampire.
H.P. narrowed his eyes behind the mask, the only sign that Jeremy's verbal jabs hit their mark. "I am certain the prophecy is correct, however it is possible the timing may not be accurate." He opened the office door. "I will find the answers and return."
"Do that. And while you're at it, find out what in hell we're supposed to do until your demon shows up."
H.P. dipped his head in acknowledgment, leaving Jeremy alone in his office .

purple dragon
December 2nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
"Not too far" said Tris, kepping her eyes on the road, both in front and behind. "Especially at the speed she drives" Sandri commented. A short while later the car rounded the corner to their home - a white, detached, perfectly normal looking home with a wrought iron gate barring the path to the house. As she reached out an arm and tapped in the code, Sandri said "welcome to our humble abode."

MerrisHawk
December 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
"It's...nice." Mae looked around as they drove up to the house. She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, this house seemed so...normal. Sandri was a vampire, Tris was something else entirely, they made an odd pair and the two of them were well outside the bounds of the ordinary. The house just didn't fit with her impression of the pair.
"You can tell me to shut up whenever you want but..."
"Shut up." Ogre growled at her.
"I wasn't talking to you." Mae shifted away from her cousin to look at Sandri, distracting the driver is a bad thing.
"How did the two of you meet, I would have thought you'd be natural enemies?"
That wasn't all she wanted to ask, there were a million questions running around her head, the only ones she could ask about right now involved Tris and Sandri.

purple dragon
December 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Tris smiled at Mae's reaction, the few others who had been here shared the same reaction. Its amazing how many people expected some sort of mansion, proclaiming a world of wealth like Jeremy, or an underground ultra secretive base, but she beleived that the best method of secrecy was to hide in plain sight.
She listened to the conversation behind her and wondered what her friend was thinking - it didn't take a genius to see that Ogre's anger was aimed at Sandri.

Sandri was indeed thinking about the conversation, and was rather bemused that she was causing him discomfort. She glanced at her watch - ah, that could be why...it was nearly breakfast time. Seeing that Tris was busy negotiating the car, she answered Mae's question.
"It's quite a short story actually. I never really enjoyed being around my family and my clan - our kind are not the most pleasant of all people - and so I made a rash decision to leave, go off adventuring. Probably a stupid thing to do at the time, but I did it anyway. Over the years I felt the disdain for my people grow - it must have been because I was living among humans and so knew their ways very well" She paused for a second before continuing "I then began to use my skills in order to protect them - much like my companion here. Ours was a chance meeting. She was a fair bit younger then, and had bitten off more than she could chew...if you pardon the pun. It was obvious she was going to lose the battle and so I helped her out - and after a small....disagreement, we struck up a partenership, which then turned into the friendship you see today."

MerrisHawk
December 28th, 2007, 02:37 AM
As soon as the vehicle stopped, Mae opened her door and slid out of the seat. She wanted to get a look at this database, see what it held and what it could offer. She could leave the vampire questions alone for a little while, it seemed there were quite a few misconceptions about vampires in her head thanks to a certain cousin and it might be better to keep her mouth shut rather than offend her hosts.
Ogre joined her and they waited for Sandri and Tris to lead the way in.

purple dragon
December 28th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Car parked, Sandri and Tris slid out of their seats and walked to the front door. Flicking up a panel in the woodwork Tris typed in the security code whilst Sandri put the key in the lock. They tossed the car keys and house keys in a letter box in the hallway wall before heading off a side corridor. The inside of the house looked as normal as the outside, to the naked eye the security cameras installed in each room could not be seen as were the other security measures.

Coming to another door the group stopped again. Tris pressed a part of the woodwork and another security panel appeared. She typed in a different code, and stood still for the retinal and fingerprint scan. After a couple of moments the door hissed sightly and slid open. Sandri led the way into what they liked to call the research room. In it were two desks with computers and other office necessities, on one wall there was a pin board and white board, another a projector, and the third a window viewing the front drive where they had been just moments before. "Here we are" she said, pulling a laptop out of one of the cupboards, setting it down on an empty desk. "You can use this to look around, just don't break it. If you need to print something send it to that printer on my desk" she pointed to the desk on the right. "If you need any help, ask me or...Sandri" she said, looking around for her friend. She wondered where she had gone, then realised she had gone for breakfast. She took a seat at her own desk and started to type busily on her computer. She had her own informtion to look for, and not long to do so.

MerrisHawk
January 5th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Mae didn't hesitate, she powered up the laptop as she snagged a chair. Ogre hovered over Mae, without anything better to do. Mae didn't stop typing as she spoke to her cousin;
"You going to hover all night?"
"Maybe."
"Can't you go chase a car or something?"
"Too easy to catch."
"Fine, want to talk about your pack?"
"No. I'm going outside."
"Chicken."
"One hour, Mae."
"Go away, Josh."

He left them in the room and made his way back outside, stifling the urge to explore the house and learn more about the people who lived in it. Some part of his upbringing still made him think it was rude. Funny when you considered that he'd tear a rival in half in a battle, good manners didn't seem to apply to that side of his life, it was both freeing and frightening.

Mae pulled her earphones out of her pocket and hit play on her zen unit. Blindside's Sleepwalking slammed out of the tiny speakers, blocking any chance of distraction. Computers and music, Mae was in her zone and happily sank deeper into the pages of data available on everything from vampire myth and reality to pack hierarchy. She would know the right questions to ask the next time she cornered Josh about what he was doing for the pack.
There was enough information here to keep her busy for hours, she'd have to ask for a second chance to search through the data.

purple dragon
January 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Shortly after Ogre left, Sandri entered, looking as collected as always, carrying a small tray of sandwiches "figured you information vultures would be getting hungry so I brought snacks." She offered the plate to Tris, who took a couple and put them on a napkin before returning her eyes to the screen. Sandri then took the plate over to Mae and left it there "help yourself" she commented before strolling back over to Tris and the computer.

The next few minutes between them consisted of Tris and Sandri holding a muttered conversation whilst pointing at the screen and bits of paper from the printer, sandwiches left untouched.

MerrisHawk
January 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Ogre sat on the front porch, the peaceful quiet of the suburban neighborhood relaxed him. Once he might have lived in a place like this, one more yuppie with an SUV and cookie cutter house, wearing suits to the office and taking vacations to Disneyland with his wife and 2.5 kids.
He'd walked into the wrong bar one night, six years ago next week, and had his future changed forever. He'd taken it badly, he could admit that now and at the time that rage had probably saved his life. He'd made a place for himself in the pack with that anger and since that time he'd learned to use his brains as well as his temper.
He'd accepted the pack as his family, he only had an aunt and uncle up north and a cousin by the name of Mae that he'd met once or twice.
There was a whole new kind of trouble. His cousin could and did create no end of trouble for him. He remembered when he'd gone to get her.
He'd been surprised to get a long distance phone call one morning from his uncle's attorney. There had been a natural gas explosion and both his aunt and uncle had been killed. His cousin Mae was alive but she'd been in a coma for the last three days and the doctors were unsure of her prognosis.
The flight to Seattle had taken three hours and the wait by her bed was worse. He questioned himself constantly, should he try and change her? Make her like he was to save her life? Would she hate it or deal with it? In the end he didn't have to make the choice, she woke up on her own. They'd taken care of her parents together and by the time the estate was settled he'd talked Mae into coming back to L.A. to live. They'd grown as close as any siblings in the last few years and if it hadn't been for a late night vampire attack, Mae would never have known Josh was a werewolf. He'd changed to save her and she'd discovered her own shaky grip on the magic that lived in the world.
Since she refused to be left out of what was going on, they'd begun hunting together, Mae acting as bait and Ogre cleaning up. Ogre's pack had no idea he had help and he kept Mae far away from them.

He stood and stretched, ran his hands through his hair, it needed a cut soon, and went back inside. Mae's hour was up and they needed to get back.

Mae had eaten two of the sandwiches and was reaching for a third when it was snatched out from under her searching fingers.
"You keep eating like that and you're going to get fat."
"You keep talking like that and you're going to get a fat lip." Mae faked a glare at him.
"I'm terrified, really. Look at this face." He took a bite of the sandwich and grinned as he chewed.
"Looks like you need to shave." Mae gave up on her research for now and shut down the laptop.
"I like it, so it stays. We need to get back, it'll be morning soon." He looked at Tris, she'd been the designated driver for the trip over so he assumed she'd be driving back too. "Is there anything else we need to get?"

purple dragon
January 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Sandri and Tris looked at each other, "nope, all good." Tris replied. Obviously Sandri had loaded up the car whilst Tris had been researching. She folded up the sandwiches in the napkin and tucked them into her pocket...she'd eat them later, probably for breakfast. She grabbed her laptop and case off the bookshelf behind her and slung it over her shoulder, slotting the papers in the front pocket. She was not going anywhere without it, she had a feeling it would be incredibly necessary in the very near future.

She stood up and tucked the chair under the desk "You good to go?" she asked, walking over to the door "oh, and feel freee to eat all the sandwiches, they'll only go to waste otherwise."