PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the Masquerade - Character Creation/Implementation Thread

CheshireEyes
August 31st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Ok, this will be where everyone will generate/discuss their character creation stuff, askin' questions and the like. This way the actual OOC conversations are kept to a minimum. What I'd also like to do, if everyone is amenable, is setting up an IM chattroom on like Yahoo or something if we have a big enough group so the storytellers and the players can have private conversations if necessary so that other characters are unaware of certain things.

I'm still hammering out the specifics of how to work this, but we'll try and keep this thread for character creation and questions thereto.:viking:

CheshireEyes
September 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
Alright, MerrisHawk had a great idea in her thread:
http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=137859

And I think I'll borrow some her ideas b/c its a really great way to start out. I'm just gonna change it a bit.

We will have a brief description here of your character and i'll put up my character first. Where we will divert from MH's model is with the addition of clans, disciplines, sects and ghouls.

Everyone will start out at 10th generation. You pick your clan. Your clan has access to certain disciplines (outlined here: http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=136785) with a link to each discipline. You can pick three disciplines from that list. To keep the flavor of the rpg, after the end of a chronicle, if you are successful in accomplishing certain tasks, you gain another standard power. When you have acquired five standard powers, the next time you level up, you get one of the Advanced Powers (this will be a long way off so don't worry). You may only use each discipline once per night.

Other than that, we'll leave it open-ended for now. As everyone gets more comfortable we can start new chronicles integrating more of the rules into it for the more advanced players.

Remember, this is an rpg, you are portraying a character. Anything not game related, use OOC: (out of character) at the bottom of your post.

Hopefully everyone will have fun and we can get a real thing hoppin' here, GAME ON!!!:fpipesmok :fpartyfav :abanana:

Oh, almost forgot, if you have any questions, either post them here, PM me or any of the other more experienced players. ok.

CheshireEyes
September 2nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Character Name: Tarcis
Clan: Lasombra Antitribu
Sect: Camarilla
Generation: 10th
Disciplines:
Obtenebration: Arms of the Abyss (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php/Obtenebration_%28Vampire:_The_Masquerade%29/),Tenebrous Form (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php/Obtenebration_%28Vampire:_The_Masquerade%29/)

Dominate: Posession (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php/Dominate_%28Vampire:_The_Masquerade%29/)

Physical Description: Six foot-one, muscular build, long blonde hair, emerald-blue eyes

Haven: Tarcis has rented a spacious loft off Connecticut Avenue, close to his business, a commodities brokerage house.

Special Details/History: Initially embraced with his twin, by a Lasombra elder as fodder for the Sabbat's war against the Camarilla. Tarcis, appalled at the Sabbat packs brutality and wanton destuction, soon became disillussioned with the Sabbat. Tarcis, along with his sister, broke ranks with his clan and became antitribu and joined the Camarilla.

The Black Hand, sent an assassination pack to destroy the duo. The pack succeeded in sending Tarcis' sister to the Final Death. The Beast rose in Tarcis at the death of his sister, and he slaughtered the pack that was sent to kill them. The Black Hand agent, the Lasombra who embraced him, who had given the orders for their shared destruction, runs a pack somewhere in the D.C. area. Tarcis has come to find him and bring about his Final Death. He is now searching for a coterie to join in the D.C. area.....

CheshireEyes
September 2nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Prince of the City-
Marcus Vitel- Ventrue Elder

Primogen -
Dr. Edward Walker - Ventrue
Chas Voyager - Toreador
Cassandra - Malkavian
Pontifex Peter Dorfman - Tremere
Nathan - Nosferatu
Art Morgan - Gangrel
Bjorn Garinson - Brujah

Anarchs -
Velvet - Brujah
Pieter Van Dorn - Tremere
Razor - Malkavian

purple dragon
September 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Character Name: Trisana Chandler

Species: Human

Physical Description: Five foot-eight, slim, long black hair, blue eyes

Haven: an out of the way country house...very difficult to locate

Special Details/History: Tris is well aware of the creatures of the night and has spent many years tracking and killing them, she has an unknown grudge against all those who only come out at night. she has many enemies, from both sides of the masquerade...a formidible opponent

PantherBaebe
September 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Character Name: Lamia
Clan: Malkavian
Disciplines:
Dementation: Eyes of Chaos, The Haunting
Obfuscate: Mask of a Thousand Faces

Physical Description: 5’4”, long black wavy hair, deep blue eyes, young and innocent looking, wears a crimson doll-like dress that is somewhat dirty and torn,

Haven: Lamia lives in a small apartment in a not so great part of town that once belonged to a woman and her child, whom Lamia killed.

Special Details/History: Lamia was taken from her mother (an accused witch) at birth and named Lamia (which means vampire in Latin). For years she was abused and used as a slave. Due to the constant abuse, she started to lose her sanity. She was chosen by her sire at the age of 17 because of her name. For a time, she lived with her sire, until he abandoned her. She has just moved to DC, ready to play pranks and have an all around good time.

Derangement: Due to her traumatic childhood, Lamia is locked in a child-like mentality. Since violence was inflicted on her since birth, she’s the kind of child you wouldn’t want your kids playing with.

Meadhbh
September 4th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Character Name: Rashidah Qudsiyah
Clan: Tremere
Disciplines:
Auspex:
Aura Perception
Thaumaturgy:
The Lure of Flames
The Path of Blood

Physical Description: 5'9, silm long wavy black hair, dark dark eyes

Haven: One of the Isherwood condo's

Special Details/History: The only surviving child of Saleh Qudsiyah a firm believer Sufi mysticism in a small village in Egypt. She had six brothers who died before reaching adulthood. As the only living child her father began to believe that fate had a special purpose for Rashidah. As a result she was given his full attention when it came to education. When she was twenty five she was sent to Cairo to live with an aunt and further her education. At twenty eight she contracted tuberculosis and was embraced by one Azhar 'Ubaidah in order to preserve her knowledge. She is in DC in the hopes that she may take advantage of the multinational gathering to further her knowledge.

ignescentphoenix
September 4th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Character Name: lexa
Clan: Assamite Antitribu
Sect:10th Generation Disciplines: Quietus
Other powers: Dagon's Call, Baal's Cares, potence(superhuman strength).

Physical Description: 5 foot 6 short black hair, slim.

Haven: a large expensive apartment in the high end of town.
Special Details/History: She used to be an assasin but now she works by herself without the clan.__________________

MerrisHawk
September 5th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Character Name: Wynter McCarthry
Clan: Brujah
Generation: 10th - Sired by Dutch
Disciplines: Brujah
Celerity (Swiftness)
Potence (Strength)
Presence 1 Awe
2 Dread Gaze
3 Entrancement

Physical Description: 56, long white wavy hair, icy blue eyes, long legs and very nice curves.

Haven: Looking for a small house on the outskirts of the city with enough security to make her happy.

Special Details/History: Wynter has been Masquerading as a stripper, working in different clubs, moving on when things got too hot or too boring. Her favorite ride is her Harley motorcycle.
Wynter has come to DC looking for safe haven, rumor is there's price on her head and she needs to find a Prince willing to keep the blade off her neck until she can figure out who set it and what to do.

Philosophia
September 5th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Character Name: Whisper-Winter Moira
Clan: Malkavian
Generation: 10th Generation
Disciplines:
Dementation: The Haunting (Whisper and Winter)
Dominate: Possession (Whisper), The forgetful mind (Winter)
Auspex: Psychic Projection (Whisper), Telepathy (Winter)
Devotion: Quicken sight
Physical Description: Conjoined identical twin girls, inseparable.
Whisper:
4’4
Long black hair,
Pale white skin
Red lips
Watery violet eyes
Wears a red velvet children’s dress.

Winter:
4’4
Long white hair
Pale white skin
Red lips
Watery violet eyes
Wears a purple velvet children’s dress.

Haven: An abandoned church with a full library underneath. Lives with their vampire “brother”.

Special Details/History:
Born identical twins, they are literally joined at the hip. Their history is unclear but some say their mother sold them to a circus freak show and that is when a passing vampire turned them. Winter and Whisper were turned when they were 7 years old. They speak as one, in riddles, and still retain the childhood speech.
They venture outside to a neighborhood bar and generally create chaos with their riddles and mangled insanity. Incredibly intelligent and considered geniuses amongst vampire royalty, they are often sought for their ability to see into the future. They may look like children yet they are quite vicious when attacked.

CheshireEyes
September 5th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Hmm, everyone seems to be getting confused as I've been getting a bunch of PMs. I wanted to stick to just 3 powers all together but if everyone wants to go for more I'm game. I just figured it would be easier to keep track of three powers.

Sorta like this:

Serpentis: <choose 3 powers>

OR

Serpentis <choose 2 powers>
Dominate <choose 1 power>

OR

Serpentis <choose 1 power>
Auspex <choose 1 power>

But if anyone's up for more let me know. For experienced players its no big deal, I just thought it would be easier for newer players to keep track of. Everyone let me know.

PantherBaebe
September 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Well.. my opinion is... MORE POWER! MORE MORE MORE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA......

Hmm, everyone seems to be getting confused as I've been getting a bunch of PMs. I wanted to stick to just 3 powers all together but if everyone wants to go for more I'm game. I just figured it would be easier to keep track of three powers.

Sorta like this:

Serpentis: <choose 3 powers>

OR

Serpentis <choose 2 powers>

OR

Serpentis <choose 1 power>
Auspex <choose 1 power>

But if anyone's up for more let me know. For experienced players its no big deal, I just thought it would be easier for newer players to keep track of. Everyone let me know.

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
i got all confuzzled when i tried to make a vamp, so i stuck with being a hunter. so much easier, but suprised the hell outta CE!:smash:

ignescentphoenix
September 5th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Character update
Lexa
physical appearance: has a black ponytail, wears a red halter top and tight leather pants. she usually strolls around in combat boots and has a samurai sword secured on her back.

CheshireEyes
September 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well.. my opinion is... MORE POWER! MORE MORE MORE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA......

Why does that not surprise me, PB?:T

CheshireEyes
September 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM
i got all confuzzled when i tried to make a vamp, so i stuck with being a hunter. so much easier, but suprised the hell outta CE!:smash:

PD, you shoulda just asked for some help, I've gotten a bunch of PMs from peeps askin' for help..... its still not too late, mwahahahhaha:fpoke:

PantherBaebe
September 5th, 2006, 02:19 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Why does that not surprise me, PB?:T

purple dragon
September 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
PD, you shoulda just asked for some help, I've gotten a bunch of PMs from peeps askin' for help..... its still not too late, mwahahahhaha:fpoke:

oh well, hunter is waaaay much more fun...a lot less of them around...:smash: :smash: :smash:

MerrisHawk
September 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I hope I'm not making too much trouble for you CE, I just went with the basic Brujah disciplines (Celerity/Potence/Presence) and listed the power levels for Presence. I can drop it back to just the 3 disciplines if it helps.

purple dragon
September 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Character Name: Sandrilene Fa Toren (Sandri)
Clan: Caitiff
Sect: allied to Trisana
Generation: 4th
Disciplines: Fortitude, Auspex, Potence, Quietus

Physical Appearance: Shoulder length dark red hair, peircing green eyes. 5 ft 8".
Wearing Loose black v necked top, black trousers and soft soled shoes.

Haven: the same as Trisana

Special Details/History: Sandry has been partners with Trisana for many years
ever since she was cast out of her domain. she now seeks revenge against all vampires. Her and Tris are a deadly pair.
Like tris she also carries vampire killing materials, but only handles certain objects whilst wearing gloves.

Threase
September 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well guys, I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put into the actual RPG, but I'll always take the chance to be able to make a character sheet... also, I'm a little confused as to the details of the disciplines, I'm assuming that since we're creating new characters that we can only use the first level of the disciplines we choose... if I'm wrong, let me know so I can pick better disciplines.

Character Name: Juniper-Threase
Clan: Malkavian/Nosferatu/Brujah
Sect: Anarchs
Disciplines:

Obfuscate: Cloak of Shadows
Potence
Dementation: Incubus Passion

Physical Description: 5 foot 4 inches, average to slim build, shoulder-length chestnut hair with streaks of copper and blond, bright green eyes. Her body was slightly deformed by the Nosferatu blood, making her ears pointed, her fangs slightly longer than the usual vampire and giving her skin a slightly green tinge. To hide her deformities, she chose to adopt the punk/goth image, blending in with the freaks.

Haven: A crumby, abandoned bachelor pad on the bad end of town.

Special Details/History: Juniper-Threase is the result of an experiment of the Camerilla. She was captured as a human and drained dry by vampires from three different sects. She was first bitten by a Malkavian, followed by a Nosferatu, and finally a Brujah. She was then fed blood by all three of the same vampires. The results were unexpected, but phenomenal.

Instead of dying like the previous test subjects, Juniper-Threase’s body adapted to all three blood types, and became something unique. Her appearance changed drastically from the blond-haired beauty she was. The Malkavian blood made her almost instantly insane, shattering her mind into three identities. Each identity adopted characteristics from one of the bloodlines, as well as one of their main disciplines.

The primary identity chooses to call herself J-T. She thinks of herself as a Nosferatu, and displays many of their talents and personality traits. She is an experienced hacker, which makes her valuable and gives her a superiority complex. She also possesses the Obfuscate discipline.

The second identity calls herself Threase. She considers herself to be a Brujah, and follows the Brujah role to a T. She is passionate and quick to anger, and will use force when she deems it necessary (and she almost always finds it necessary). She has the Potence discipline to back her up, and is getting stronger everyday.

The third identity prefers to be called Juniper. She is the essence of Malkavian, which is evident from the moment she begins to speak. Almost nothing she says makes sense, at least to those who don’t pay attention. She is generally a sweet girl, and doesn’t like to argue or take lives. When confronted, she generally retreats into herself to let Threase handle the situation, or she uses her Dementation to sway the situation in her favor.

After learning her situation, Juniper-Threase escaped from the Camerilla lab and ran. They tried going to her home, but quickly realized that they would be caught if they went anywhere familiar. They broke into their own home, took everything they could carry that would fetch a price, and bought a bus ticket to Washington D.C. Then they found an abandoned apartment to stash their stuff, and began to search for more of her kind…