PDA

View Full Version : just a question

StormFire
September 2nd, 2006, 01:04 PM
does anyone know anything about hoodoo or voodoo? i was told about a traditon in the path at which brick dust is laid at the threshold of the house to prevent anyone with evil intentions from entering the home. i also belive that this path also holds a 'witches bottle' recipe, filled with all sorts of nastys, to keep evil out and away from the home. just asking.
thanks.
storm

David19
September 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
I only know a little bit about Vodou and Hoodoo, but i think this would probably get more responses in the Magic and Rituals thread or just the general Paths bit, 'cause i don't think Hoodoo and Vodou are Ceremonial Magic.

There's a few Vodou practicioners on this forum and soe people who know a lot about Hoodoo, there's a class here on Mystic Wicks about Vodou, which is taught by someone who is a practicioner and knows a lot about it, http://www.mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202

SilverClaw
September 19th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Hi StormFire I agree with David19 that there are the other forums you may get a better response to you question and if you do a search you will find there are a lot of topics already..

--

i don't think Hoodoo and Vodou are Ceremonial Magic. Well I guess that would depend on how you define Cermonial magick.

Fr.Vega Morn
September 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
If you would like to know more about Hoodoo (Conjure/Root Work/Gris-Gris etc) then you would be hard pressed to find a better resource than:

www.luckymojo.com (http://www.luckymojo.com)

The owner of the site (and it's related store) is very knowledgeable. I researched a little into this tradition but it wasn't quite for me. However, I do have a great deal of respect for it.

FrVM

SilverClaw
September 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I forgot about that link thanks for reposting it, Fr.Vega Morn. (If I recall correctly there are some people here on the forum who know the owner as well)

Fr.Vega Morn
September 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
It's an excellent link. I remember visiting it and the hoodoo newsgroup about 9 or 10 years ago. My copy of 'Voodoo & Hoodoo' by Jim Haskins came from there.

David19
September 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well I guess that would depend on how you define Cermonial magick.

I've always thought Ceremonial magic was more magic based on ceremonies, rituals, summoning demons, angels, other supernatural beings, etc and included things like Goetic magic, Enochian magic, etc.

But, i could be wrong :).

Lady Khaibit
October 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
I've always thought Ceremonial magic was more magic based on ceremonies, rituals, summoning demons, angels, other supernatural beings, etc and included things like Goetic magic, Enochian magic, etc.

But, i could be wrong :).

Not the only one.... that's always what I have defined ceremonial Magick as... yea.. I spell it with a 'k' :smile: