PDA

View Full Version : detox tea

Hope
February 23rd, 2002, 11:48 PM
I have been told I should start a detox program. (This is detox for removing chemo and other toxins not a drug/drink kinda detox) My problem is there are SO MANY to choose from teas, to colonics to???

Anyone had any experience with any detox program??

Good or Bad???

Thanks!
love
hope

Mnemosyne
February 26th, 2002, 07:54 PM
When I was younger, I thought that a detox program would be a nice way to rejuvenate my body. However, I learned in a nutrition class that detoxing is not good for your body. Think about it; you'll be depriving your body of essential nutrients. If detoxing may actually harm the body, it will do the reverse of what you intend.

GreenDawn
March 7th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Actually- there is a healthy way (and good too)

For 3 days

Morning- eat fruit and light toast (no or if you must butter substitute)

Drink 8 ounces of Pure Cranberry Juice.

Take 3-6 (depends on what it says on the bottle for nutrition value) Chloraphyll (green seaweed) tablets. They are extremely high in anti-oxidants and can be found at any health food store.

*Drink 64 ounces of water throughout the day.*

Lunch-

Have fruit, salad, or light meat (tuna-little mayo, chicken-grilled, etc you get the idea)

8 ounces of pure cranberry juice

*remember to drink the water*

Dinner-

Try to eat a light meal- mostly Veggies, grilled fish or chicken, and no starches!

Drink 8 more onces of Cranberry Juice

Take 3-6 more Chloraphyl ... seaweeds tabs:)

*did you drink all your water;) *

If you are worried about lack of nutrients- don't my doc said the seaweed tabs are full of them, and you aren't starving yourself either (do try not to eat the meat if possible and stay completely away from the starches, sweets, cokes,etc). If your are still worried - take a multi vitamen. Actually, I took the NatureSafe ones that are for stress and I think called Mega formula. I felt so much better.

GreenDawn
March 7th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Also, green tea can be used (no sugar) - if you can stand any more liquids;)

Mnemosyne
March 12th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Green Dawn, after reading your post, you have convinced me that detox is not bad for your body. A week ago, I was against the idea, and now I am actually considering doing it. The healthy diet drew me in. I like to eat really healthy food, since the body is like a temple. How long do you actually do the diet? What are the physical and psychological benefits from detoxing the body in this manner?

GreenDawn
April 1st, 2002, 09:42 PM
I pm you, but for everyone else's benefit- 3-7 days, depending on how bad you need to detox.

Detoxing the body in this manner- almost every thing on that list is insanely full of antioxidents- it helps cleanse the whole system. The chlorepyll tabs are kelp. Plus eating as close to vegetarian as possible allows you to lose weight. If what you are eating takes more to digest (calorie wise) than what it has in it- then you sustain or lose the bad weight. Plus you feel healthier vs not eating at all.

I hope this helps!;)