PDA

View Full Version : Goddess Worshiping Paths

magical_moonlight
September 5th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I know Dianic is a goddess worshiping path, but are there any others? I would like to explore them if they exist.

Philosophia
September 5th, 2006, 08:13 AM
There is just simply "Goddess worship" which isn't Dianic but focus more on the Goddess, or woman spirituality. Other than that, I can't think of any more.
Or you can follow your own path without having to stick with one label.

magical_moonlight
September 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Okay, thanks for that. I will see how I go with the dianic class and then assess the situation. Early days.

LMNO
September 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Don't forget Eris.

magical_moonlight
September 5th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Eris?

Philosophia
September 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Discordia, maybe?

magical_moonlight
September 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM
LOL I have no idea what we are talking about!

Philosophia
September 5th, 2006, 08:19 PM
LOL I have no idea what we are talking about!

Here is the forum for Discordians:
http://www.mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247
Its a goddess only path but I may be wrong :weirdsmil

magical_moonlight
September 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Oh thank you! Will check it out

Strawberry Bounce
September 6th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Shekinah Moutainwater calls her Goddess only path Womanspirit.http://shekhinah.net/

Ben Gruagach
September 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Most modern Pagan religions don't forbid their members from focussing on just one deity (a specific god or goddess) if they wish. Within Wicca for instance while we do usually expect members to at least acknowledge a balanced pair of a god and a goddess, it's also very common for people to have a particular deity they focus on a lot. We often say that's the person's Patron or Matron deity.

Another specific group that is very goddess-centered is the Fellowship of Isis (http://www.fellowshipofisis.com/).

Sybile
October 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Indeed, I'm a FOI member and we are Goddess centered :)
But it is very open and multi-religious.

akewa
October 23rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'm another FOI member. FOI does not just focus on Isis either but any and all Goddeses. Aslo there are chapters in Austraila. Many chapters hold courses some are free some are not. The pay ones are to cover costs though. One may take courses from any chapter anywhere in the world. It is a very open and friendly group with thousands of members. Also many pratice more than one path. So in that way you are Not restriced to just follow FOI way or teachings.

:apumpkin: _witchball

magical_moonlight
October 26th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Ah! How interesting to hear! I will do some research and see what I come up with :) No doubt I will have some questions.

Thank you for your replies.

plumedsnake
October 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
In Ifa we worship the Goddess Odu.

LadyTrinity9
November 11th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Merry Meet All,
I am still new here and at the stage where I am asking lots of questions. I was about to post asking if there was a "Path" that was specifically for those who only worship the Goddess. I consider myself a child of the Great Mother, Gaia and I am a witch. Hecate is my Matron Goddess. I suppose it would simplify things a bit if I just said that I was Dianic tho that particular title is not a perfect fit either.
I saw this thead and thought that perhaps I should post here.
I am looking for others who are involved in Goddess worship whether Dianic or otherwise.
I look forward to any replies.
Thank you and Blessed Be
Lady Trinity

akewa
November 20th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the forum Lady Trinity,

You will find a great amount of information here. Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything. Those of us that are strickly on the Goddess paths are all over this site. Do a back seach on post too for you will find a few here in path and other areas.

Goddess Bless