PDA

View Full Version : Russian

Smiley Girl
September 11th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I didn't want to make just another 'Just Talk' thread (though I might get more responses...) but anyhow.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this:

??????? ???????? ????

means.

It's Russian, but I can't find anywhere that will give me a translation.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sly

Smiley Girl
September 11th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Oh no, it worked in the Longest Thread, I wonder why not here. :( Sorry. I guess nevermind then! :(

Smiley Girl
September 11th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Maybe this will help? http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=2794255&postcount=112239

Smiley Girl
September 11th, 2006, 05:38 AM
It's showing up for me in the Longest Thread but not here.

I'm hoping someone can see it and help! :)

Agaliha
September 11th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I don't read Russian, but from various translations I got this:

Transliteration: CHELOBEK CHELOBEKU BOLK

Chelobek= human (male or female) Though the original Russian seems to be drawing not hits for the first and second words.

Bolk= Wolf (also spelled Volk)

I have no idea if that's right though!

Where did you get it out of curiosity?

Smiley Girl
September 11th, 2006, 06:53 AM
It's a puzzle I'm currently working on. The picture is of a tattoo with that writing on it and you have to figure out what the writing means.

There's also a wolf under the letters. Cool :)

Sennefer
September 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Oh oh, I know! At least I think I know. It means "man [is a] wolf to man". It's a translation of the Latin "Homo homini lupus est" into Russian.

Smiley Girl
September 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks Sennefer!! We'll see if this helps. You guys are awesome. :smile:

Agaliha
September 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yay. I was close...sort of :lol:

Sennefer
September 13th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Yay. I was close...sort of :lol:

Actually, you did practically translate it. I wouldn't have known what it was without that. The credit goes to you. :smile:

Agaliha
September 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Actually, you did practically translate it. I wouldn't have known what it was without that. The credit goes to you. :smile:

Wow. Cool.
:reading:

WarriorZhanna
September 14th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Oh! I could've translated it for you, I know Russian, hehe (I live in Estonia and I'm half Slavic)!
But..damn I'm a bit late. Awww..too bad. I was hoping to be helpful, especially when it comes to Russian, lol. :sadman:

Smiley Girl
September 18th, 2006, 05:10 AM
so, were they right? :)

Zelan
September 18th, 2006, 07:40 AM
looks like.
I'm familiar with the language on a basic level.
Maybe WZ would be kind enough to teach us some more.

WarriorZhanna
September 19th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I don't speak fluently and I still consider myself a beginner. =P But my pronounciation is very good, probably cuz my grandma used to say phrases in Russian to me when I was younger, and cuz I'm half Slavic, lol.
If anyone here wanted me to teach you.. warning: Russian is quite a difficult language to learn, hence the alphabet! So I wouldn't really know how to teach it to you.. but I could give it a try, lol.