PDA

View Full Version : I post this here, because I have no Idea...

Darakash
September 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading today within this particular path. Though I do not consider myself aligned with any path, the following, which I guess could be considered the basics of my own beliefs seemed to fit no where. And well, if discordians cannot allow such a complete non-sequitor, than who could?

Every individual human being has the right to believe whatever the hug they wish to believe. Yes, even if I feel that they are deluded. Even if I think they have been brainwashed by the “establishment.” Even if think they are just plain ignorant, uninformed, evil or as naïve as a Care Bear.

Every opinion, while the holder has the perfect and inalienable right to hold it, is NOT equally valid. When I state that every human has the right to believe what they wish to believe, this does NOT mean that I have to respect or appreciate every belief.

We are NOT all “one.” We do have major differences due to nature and nurture. Being human does not mean being the same as every other human. Again, this does not mean that humans should not have equal rights. This means that we are individuals (though some choose to align with others in a set of beliefs/actions, etc); and we each have individual responsibilities, faults and strengths. Simply being “human” does not grant one the right to another human’s respect or admiration or love. It is a person’s actions which defines that person.

If someone wants to kill or destroy me, I have the right to defend myself by whatever means necessary.

There are a whole hell of a lot of people running around thinking they have all the answers to existence, and the “right” way to think or act or exist (be). No person or group instills more fear in my very soul than the one(s) that believes they know “the only truth.” The ones that assign everyone a pat set of motivations and grants no room for individual thought, perception and action.

Evolution (change) is a natural occurrence and should be celebrated instead of avoided, derided and feared. This includes changes in society as a whole, religion/spirituality, politics/governance…well, everything. There are more things on heaven and earth…and all that.

Deities or a higher source/power(s) may very well exist. This higherpowersource may very well be the most removed and unconcerned about each individual human or may literally sit and watch us from birth and track our doings and sins and rite and hiccups…does it really matter in our everyday lives which is true?

When we die: we either become worm dirt or we don’t and there is some sort of other life/plane, etc. Again, does it really matter which is true? If we become worm dirt, we won’t know at all; and if the other is true, well yippee?

We all (well, maybe “most is a better word) want to be happy, but only some of us choose to be.

My life, my choices, my existence are all my responsibility. No one, no anything OWES me anything, and I owe no one or anything.

Darakash
September 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
holy crap, the "f" word is now "hug"? I thought it was love?

Amelserru_halqu
September 17th, 2006, 12:15 AM
DO NOT DIS THE CARE BARES!!! They are the ultimate power in the multiverse! It was they who defeated the ancient ones, beware lest they hear thine blasphemy lest they release the mighty bunny. If that dost happen the whole of earth shall be laid to waste, or devoured if bunny is still hungary after feasting on thine soul.

Other than that, I can live with your brain/religion/idea thing.

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 12:19 AM
DO NOT DIS THE CARE BARES!!! They are the ultimate power in the multiverse! It was they who defeated the ancient ones, beware lest they hear thine blasphemy lest they release the mighty bunny. If that dost happen the whole of earth shall be laid to waste, or devoured if bunny is still hungary after feasting on thine soul.

Other than that, I can live with your brain/religion/idea thing.
:abanana: well, I feel sooooo much better now. thanks! I will amend my "care bare" bias asap!

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 01:07 AM
the Royal Asbestos Mittens!:smash: :smash: :smash:

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 01:10 AM
the Royal Asbestos Mittens!:smash: :smash: :smash:

Ok, good lord, I admit it.. I am simply not cool. wtf does that mean man? everytime I read one of your posts I just sit there going ????

Ok...I think Thank you is in order! LOl...I dunno, so tired...

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM
i don't know but what you wrote made me feel glad to be alive

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 01:24 AM

thank you very much...didnt mean any disrepect at all...I am alittle thick sometimes and was wondering if "asbestos mittens" meant hot-good or hot-stupid...guess I am just as guilty of worrying about what everyone else thinks as the average "pink" lol

ignescentphoenix
September 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM

I second that
:abanana:

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM
we all have the ocean within us...as we stand in the path of the wave...
or something...

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 01:33 AM
I second that
:abanana:

good lord...I love your siggies....how I adore the banal! nip/tuck may be the shakespeare of our generation...or, well maybe it is just a really good excuse to look at total hotness, but either way...

ignescentphoenix
September 17th, 2006, 01:37 AM
good lord...I love your siggies....how I adore the banal! nip/tuck may be the shakespeare of our generation...or, well maybe it is just a really good excuse to look at total hotness, but either way...

omg, can you believe the new season!!! Nip/tuck is awesome!

karmalized(Hawk Shadowsoul lives on _twohorns_ )

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 01:44 AM
omg, can you believe the new season!!! Nip/tuck is awesome!

karmalized(Hawk Shadowsoul lives on _twohorns_ )

dont tell me too much, I managed to miss the season premiere...my little girl was ill. NO spoilers! Lol...but I love that show..and well, willow and tara are not exactly repulsive either!

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:15 AM
bump
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program...so watchya all think? Besides of course my totally innapropriate "dissing" of the care bears...what would you add to my 10 ?

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 02:20 AM
an oyster pearl brocade of unity beyond dualism?

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:23 AM
an oyster pearl brocade of unity beyond dualism?

I have never quite understood the concept of dualism...is it one of black vs white or one of blackmeldingintowhite or one of black=white?

mol
September 17th, 2006, 02:24 AM
93!

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:37 AM
so one thing that I am curious about with my 10...which are by no means my entire belief system... and I am too lazy to really do any research on the matter, so I ask y'all, does this make me more of a discordian or a satanist. Not that I really care about the label but good lord it is sort of humiliating when I get called one or the other...having no idea which is should be more offended by LOL

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 02:38 AM
in tear touching deep a star emerges from the head

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:45 AM
in tear touching deep a star emerges from the head

well damn it.....stars emerge from my head on a daily basis..but that does not answer my ****ing question!

Twinkle
September 17th, 2006, 02:50 AM
so one thing that I am curious about with my 10...which are by no means my entire belief system... and I am too lazy to really do any research on the matter, so I ask y'all, does this make me more of a discordian or a satanist. Not that I really care about the label but good lord it is sort of humiliating when I get called one or the other...having no idea which is should be more offended by LOL
'

Umm....I'm a Hellenic Polytheist and I agreed with most....

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:54 AM
'

Umm....I'm a Hellenic Polytheist and I agreed with most....

Well that is awesome...cuz in real life, I consider myself...a....wait for it....wait for it....ecclectic kemetic panENtheist with agnostic tendancies...surrounded by christians whose faith I would like to share...the "faith" aspect as in having that much faith....not being a christian

ignescentphoenix
September 17th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Well that is awesome...cuz in real life, I consider myself...a....wait for it....wait for it....ecclectic kemetic panENtheist with agnostic tendancies...surrounded by christians whose faith I would like to share...the "faith" aspect as in having that much faith....not being a christian

wow, i just call myself a pagan. 8O

Darakash
September 17th, 2006, 02:57 AM
wow, i just call myself a pagan. 8O

Lmfao! Yeah....a few years ago it was that simple for me too

ignescentphoenix
September 17th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Lmfao! Yeah....a few years ago it was that simple for me too

to long of a title=me mis-spelling

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 04:30 AM
i have Faith... in hands reaching out for each other
when the smoke has cleared among the ruins
where eyes have been blind folded
where ears have been shellshocked
where tongues have been cut out
where all senses have been
violated
In spite of it all...
Your Hope Shines

Cain
September 17th, 2006, 05:16 AM
To be honest, there are more than a couple of similarities between some aspects of Discordianism and some Satanism. The individualism is very much an aspect of both, any one Discordian is not required to believe what another believes, is not in fact required to believe anything. Also, anyone can have an imaginary position of authority in Discordianism, but thats all it is. Spiritual anarchism means that a priest caste system is not accepted.

Thats a rough overview, I'll look into the 10 in more detail later.

SilverClaw
September 17th, 2006, 05:44 AM
holy crap, the "f" word is now "hug"? I thought it was love? That changed like months and months ago ..... I first noticed that it changed in pms :)

coaxialkettle
September 17th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Re:Discordia;no mouth is big enough to utter the whole truth...
no one can whistle a symphony
however far they can piss

Cain
September 17th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Re:Discordia;no mouth is big enough to utter the whole truth...
no one can whistle a symphony
however far they can piss

:Mittens:

Sorry, don't have a pic on me.