PDA

View Full Version : Feingold On Hillary: 'I Can Defeat Her'

Laisrean
September 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM
http://www.examiner.com/a-293244~Meet_the_Next_President__Russ_Feingold_knows_what_he_wants.html

WASHINGTON - As the only senator to have voted against the Patriot Act and the only presidential hopeful to have voted against the Iraq war, Russ Feingold is sometimes tempted to say “I told you so.”

“Yeah, but I was taught it’s impolite to do that,” the Wisconsin liberal tells The Examiner in an interview. “And it also doesn’t help you get where you want to go.”

There are many Democratic presidential hopefuls, but he's the only one who had the backbone to vote against the patriot act and the Iraq war. Hillary supports those things.

I have a bad feeling Hillary will get the nomination anyway. People seem to like her because of her husband and also the novelty of her being a woman.

LacyRoze
September 20th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Just my ramblings about Hillary but I don't think the majority of voters in our country are ready for a woman as President. I may be wrong and time will tell. I, myself, will not be voting for Hillary. I find her as trying to walk the fence and appeal to the majority rather than taking a stand on anything. I will be taking a closer look at Feingold...

DragonsChest
September 20th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'd like to see a woman president, but not Hillary. I don't agree with enough of her stances to vote for her.

Selenite
September 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I'd just like to have a president I agreed with for the most part--I don't care if that means they'll be a woman or a man. I'd like to see a woman as president someday, but I'm not going to run out and vote for someone just because they're a woman.

DragonsChest
September 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm not going to run out and vote for someone just because they're a woman.

I agree! :yayah:

Garnet
September 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'm from Wisconsin, Feingold's state.

Like him, I'm a Jew. IMO, he won't get elected for that reason, & because he's twice-divorced. The right-wing fundies would rather have a still-married-to-first-spouse Christian woman (even Hillary) than Russ Feingold.

Me? I'd vote for Feingold over Hillary, for many reasons.

Amelserru_halqu
September 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
sigh... no way he'll get eleted, it's the Jewish thing really, now if he all of a sudden converted to christianity...

Personally I want to see a genius get elected, or a scientist, or an ambasador, anyone except a big corporate person.

Zibblsnrt
September 21st, 2006, 03:26 AM
With all the antipathy towards the woman at this point, I could probably defeat Hillary in an election campaign.

BlueWaves
September 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Hillary has such stacked up against her, she seems to be riding the fence on a stallion trying to see as far as she can get, and using the fence so she'll have "another card" to pull if / when needed...

just my 2 cents tho

pawnman
September 21st, 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm from Wisconsin, Feingold's state.

Like him, I'm a Jew. IMO, he won't get elected for that reason, & because he's twice-divorced. The right-wing fundies would rather have a still-married-to-first-spouse Christian woman (even Hillary) than Russ Feingold.

Me? I'd vote for Feingold over Hillary, for many reasons.

I think he could still beat Hillary in a primary.

Where did the "no Jews in the White House" conspiracy come from?

Daniel
September 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
With all the antipathy towards the woman at this point, I could probably defeat Hillary in an election campaign.

. . . and I'd run your campaign.

Please?

Zibblsnrt
September 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Where did the "no Jews in the White House" conspiracy come from?

Less a conspiracy and more a general problem with the electorate. Voters get weird about non-Protestant presidential candidates in the US, at least in recent history, and there's a large number of "Jews are bad!" dolts on both sides of the political spectrum these days.

Mesektet
September 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Until she(Hillary) actually annouces she is running, and I realize that there is huge speculation on it and she will probably run, but until she actually annouces it, Feingolds claim to be able to beat her is pretty much just a live person challenging a dead guy to a foot race. Of course you can beat her, she isnt in the race yet...

Daniel
September 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Until she(Hillary) actually annouces she is running, and I realize that there is huge speculation on it and she will probably run, but until she actually annouces it, Feingolds claim to be able to beat her is pretty much just a live person challenging a dead guy to a foot race. Of course you can beat her, she isnt in the race yet...

Oh, she'll run.

She wants it.

BAD.

Moreover, she thinks she deserves it.

Mesektet
September 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, she'll run.

She wants it.

BAD.

Moreover, she thinks she deserves it.

I'm sure she does. This seems to be a running theme with American Presidents.