PDA

View Full Version : The Witches/Pagans Resources

KiNoRonin
September 23rd, 2006, 02:16 AM
Konnichi Wa to All:

After checking things out for the past few months, I have run across a new Pagan Website that I am going to try out to replace the Druid's Head Pub.

So after checking out a Website that one of my Meetup Members recommended, I seemed to really like it, so I decided to make registering with them to find out what they are like.

They seem to have some sort of Training College or something like that. I will be finding out about it shortly.

So I have Registered with the Witches/Pagans Resources as part of the Autumnal Equinox Celebrations.

:hahugh:

KNR

KiNoRonin
September 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
I woke up this morning, and found that they had deleted from the message board my Supreme Lifeform Manifesto, my Mother Teresa Acceptance Thread, and my Rewriting of Genesis 1, ver 26 to 31.

So I have cancelled my Account with them.

I was a member of that website for about 6 hours. I have already posted a message board a comment informing that I dont like the way they Practise Censorship too much.

KNR

RainInanna
September 23rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
MMhm.

Personally I love the Druid's Head Pub myself.

KiNoRonin
September 24th, 2006, 03:33 PM
This is what DC, the owner of Witches/Pagan Resources wrote about BowlandCentral.com, MysticWicks.com, as well as CauldronLiving.com:

"I looked at all three sites you are
spouting about and here is my personal opinion:

They are designed to attracted anyone and everyone in an effort to sell products, generate revenue and there is little or no solid/factual information available while the forums are over run with kiddies, freaks, geeks and posers. One of them is a prime example of why today's Pagan community is falling into ruins and the level of misinformation is
higher now than when Paganism was not as well known to the general public."

Boy, does that guy think he is created in some sort of Divine Image or what???!!!

KNR

KiNoRonin
February 1st, 2008, 05:39 PM
Konnichi Wa to All:

After about a Year and a half, I decided to check out that website again.

At first, I could not find any records of that Website existing anymore, so I thought that it may have gone out of business.

But when clicking on a Link to the Old Witches/Pagans Resources Website through WitchVox.com, I got connected to a new URL:

http://www.paganismtoday.com/modules/newbb/

Looks like someone took over the Old Website and made some Major Changes to it.

If someone wants to check it out and then write a Review, then be my guest.

I am not interested in checking this site out for now myself. I am registered on enough Message Boards as it is to have another try with this Group.

KNR - 3X3

BlackLili
February 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Konnichi Wa to All:

After about a Year and a half, I decided to check out that website again.

At first, I could not find any records of that Website existing anymore, so I thought that it may have gone out of business.

But when clicking on a Link to the Old Witches/Pagans Resources Website through WitchVox.com, I got connected to a new URL:

http://www.paganismtoday.com/modules/newbb/

Looks like someone took over the Old Website and made some Major Changes to it.

If someone wants to check it out and then write a Review, then be my guest.

I am not interested in checking this site out for now myself. I am registered on enough Message Boards as it is to have another try with this Group.

KNR - 3X3

I went over and checked it out. Kinda looks like this place, with fewer people I know and overall smaller boards. Less selection, too. The information I found wasn't any more or less earth-shattering than what I find here, if that's what you're interested in.

Their opening Announcements forum has a different name for the site owner than the one you posted, but they claim to have been running the old site for the last ten years.

I'm not really a "people" person (and yes, I wrote people there and not p a g a n,) so I'm not a very good judge of messageboards. I visit this board in spite of myself, I'm not usually a fan of them.

KiNoRonin
February 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Konnichi Wa to All:

Just to let you all known, I have decided to take the plunge and I Registered with this Paganismtoday Website.

So far, I have just posted my Hajimemashite Introductory Posting.

I will see how it goes from there.

I hope this New Website is a lot more Accepting of my Philosophical Writings than that other SOB who used to in charge when the Website used to be the Witches/Pagans Resources.

KNR - 3X3

KiNoRonin
February 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Konnichi Wa to All:

The New Version of this Website is still owed by the same SOB that I dealt with before.

I just got the following email from him:
"Unfortunately the "SOB" you are slamming is me. Not only do you continue
to get BOTH of my web site's names wrong but you apparently run off
assumptions since you assumed the WPR went "out of business".

Regardless of your assumptions the plain fact that you have been ripping
on me for over a year since I refused to allow you to post material that
I felt was inappropriate to a purely Pagan forum I can safely say I do
not want you as a user now since I do not want to deal with your drama
and bullshit. Write it up to me thinking I am some sort of "Divine Image"

Your posts, your account and your access has been removed."

Oh No, Not Again!!!

This guy just doesnt understand the Endeavour that I am trying to Accomplish with my Present Life.

Kono Hito wa Watashi no Taisetsu na Dekigoto wa Wakarimasen!

Ki No Ronin - The Wise Beast 3X3

WPRWeb
May 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
slan·der (slndr) n.
1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

de·fame (d-fm) tr.v. de·famed, de·fam·ing, de·fames
1. To damage the reputation, character, or good name of by slander or libel.

li·bel (lbl) n.
1.a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
b. The act of presenting such material to the public.

I am all for creative critism to review sites and/or persons. However over the years I have noticed that most people do not understand what an expressed opinion is comprised of or how it goes from being an expressed opinion to something that is illegal.

With the internet the masses now have a wide forum in which they can express themselves. Under the guise of free speech many people unfortunately have taken it upon themselves to attempt to police society as they see fit. They feel they are righteous in their actions and gods help anyone who says anything to them.

In the course of these events some of them tend to either leave out important pieces of information that causes the misrepresentation of their subject or they just simply out and out lie in order to further their cause.

Freedom of Speech is one thing; abuse of speech is another. It boils back down to a simple saying that most our parents uttered when we were kids:

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"

The problems with KiNoRonin's post are simple. He misrepresented himself as a victim in order to slander defame and libel my sites. He left out pieces of information that would have highlighted that by his own actions he was removed. Regardless of how anything was presented by my sites and it's representatives he chose to attempt to cause problems by skewing the information he presented.

So please lets revisit those issues.

With The Witch/Pagan Resources he posted material that was heavily christian based and offensive to the site's more devote users. The WPR had clear guidelines stating that the site was purely Pagan based and all other material would be removed. KiNoRonin's very...interesting posts were a clear violation of our guidelines and he was warned with the first post to which he either chose to ignore or did not bother to read and was removed for a second and third post.

With Paganism Today KiNoRonin was violating copyright laws by using other peoples' graphics to highlight his posts, stealing bandwidth by directly linking to said graphics and violating clearly posted guidelines in regards to site advertisement. He was warned initially to which he flippantly replied ignoring our request to cease his illegal activities. Upon further researching his posts we found his post attacking our sites and immediately removed him after sending an e-mail explaining why.

He immediately posted pieces of the e-mail to further slander defame and libel our site.

We attempted to work this issue out with the owner of MysticWicks. Needless to say we are currently being ignored.

Honestly I personally am tired of people who feel that protecting the rights of one/many is a-OK even if it means sacrificing the rights of another/many. It is a double edge sword and unless a compromise is met then no matter what you do then you are going to be wrong.

In this case KiNoRonin has taken it upon himself to violate some basic legal principles and since the owner of MysticWicks has chosen to protect his right of freedom of speech/abuse of speech over my rights I will be taking it to the service provider for actioning. Or I will file the proper paperwork and hold MysticWicks civilly liable for the actions of their users.

It would be great if we had a society where no one was held personally responsible for their actions and there was no accountability. But we do not. Anyone who feels that stomping on the rights of others in order to promote their own personal "Endeavour" is no better than some of the world's greatest and most despised dictators.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

SwordsFlameSong
June 8th, 2008, 10:29 AM
This thread was first opened two years ago. I will be closing it pending admin discussion.

KiNoRonin - if you have an issue with another site you should discuss it with the owner of that site.

WPRWeb - if you have an issue with what KiNronin has written in regards to your site you need to take the issue directly to the the site owners - GreenEyes BlueSoul and/or Mol as opposed to adding to the issue by discussing it publicly as it doesn't aid in any true resolution of the concerns you have.

Thread closed

GEBS
June 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
We attempted to work this issue out with the owner of MysticWicks. Needless to say we are currently being ignored.

I have had no communication from you. I checked my husband's account as well. Still nothing.

In this case KiNoRonin has taken it upon himself to violate some basic legal principles and since the owner of MysticWicks has chosen to protect his right of freedom of speech/abuse of speech over my rights I will be taking it to the service provider for actioning. Or I will file the proper paperwork and hold MysticWicks civilly liable for the actions of their users.

I'm sure our lawyer will have plenty to say about that. Perhaps you should take a look at our ToS. Yours is quite similar so I'm sure you have an understanding of how things work.

Aside from that, this user is posting his personal opinion based on his experience at your board. That is, after all, what message boards are about. Opinions. Sharing information.

Anyone who feels that stomping on the rights of others in order to promote their own personal "Endeavour" is no better than some of the world's greatest and most despised dictators.

And yet you expect our member's rights to be stomped on to protect your endeavor. Yes? Pot, meet Kettle.