PDA

View Full Version : What Art stuff are you working on now?

flar7
March 2nd, 2002, 12:29 AM
I am doing Graphic design, CD albumn covers...:p

mato
March 2nd, 2002, 02:12 AM
I am fiddling with a sketch I did while watching cspan...

Nina
March 2nd, 2002, 03:28 AM
...on black card, with copper, gold and silver calligraphy. I'm now trying to find inspiration for a piece of work to compliment my newly painted bathroom. However, the muses have deserted me for the time being!

Wildwood
March 2nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
I've gotta a couple of projects on the go at the moment.

A tapestry rug of a cat on a background of stars and moons. And a piece of Calico encrusting that I am going to use for the lid of a decorated box I'm going to make.

Calico encrusting is something I found in a magazine over here and involves buliding up layers of fabirc and stitching so it ends up with an effective 3d look. The stitchs are woven upwards and outwards on top of shapes stuck between two layers of calico. It sounds complicated but the instructions are so easy to follow and it ends up looking a bit like a pebble with barnacles and stuff all over it.

Wildwood

JuNiPeR
March 2nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
I'm recently working on a painting of a gargoyle (sp??)

Drisel
March 2nd, 2002, 02:32 PM
I'm doing wedding decor for a friend. Since I was the only one in the wedding party with any creative talent they elected me to take care of it. I have to make five bouquets for the bridesmaids, the bridal bouquet, the boutoniers and all the corsauges for the parents. I also get to do the centerpieces and the lighting. Ahh! I am also halfway through making some floor votive stands that they can use in their garden afterwards. It's a good thing the wedding isn't until October or I would be pulling my hair out by now!:p

Nyx
March 2nd, 2002, 03:17 PM
Most of my current stuff is work for school, which is kind of sad.
I'm currently doing, a logo design, (for Dairy Queen), and full sized poster, (for an evening with Jackson Pollack...figures!), for my graphics class, and way way way way way too much figure drawing.

I'm also working on a tatoo design for my friend. :D

flar7
March 2nd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Graphics design class is way cool, better than I thought it would
be. I didnt have to take it, since my major was fine arts, but
after taking GdI I had to take GdII for the fun of it!

seawitch
March 2nd, 2002, 04:29 PM
a drum adding beads and feathers,
2 necklaces,
a bag for my ceremonial pipe,
making flash cards of the runes and the theben alphabet for my daughter.
and about a 100 other things i'd like to finish before summer.
cause then i wont have time for inside things

mato
March 2nd, 2002, 05:49 PM
Jaguar god images... grrr... image wont go!

Nyx
March 2nd, 2002, 06:03 PM
Flar, you must be nuts! :D I can't STAND my GD class, but it's a requirment for Illustration majors. :wah: Adobe Illustrator was spawned from the tenth circle of hell!

flar7
March 2nd, 2002, 09:08 PM
I found the Illustrator to be friendlier than Photoshop, although
photoshop is better to manipulate the image...duh, hence name
I guess!:p

Flaire-FireStar
March 4th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Pointillism pictures of all the elements (have air done!!!! :boing: ), pictures of characters for the RPG friends "begged" me to join... A cross-stitch thingie that I've been working at for a while now....And maybe I'll get back to my wall mural...:huh:
Oh! Also, painting ceramic figures... :)

flar7
March 4th, 2002, 11:53 PM
heheh, witch RPG?

Flaire-FireStar
March 4th, 2002, 11:56 PM
It's called "Silver Raven Inn"... :)

flar7
March 5th, 2002, 12:01 AM
that a sword and sorcery style fantasy epic?

I do; Vampire, Robotech, DnD, AD&D, a game me and my friend
created called Bughunt(aliens ripoff) and some Alternities stuff.
oh, and Mechwarrior RPG.

Flaire-FireStar
March 5th, 2002, 12:05 AM
that a sword and sorcery style fantasy epic?

Yep-i-diddly-do!
Silver Raven Inn (http://www.dreamwater.com/cosmia/rpg/main.html)

maya
March 6th, 2002, 10:34 PM
I'm currently working on a set of runes made out of sculpey. That stuff is amazing. I took a break from it last night and made a miniture goddess out of sculpey as well. She's about 3/4 inch high and SO cute. I think I'm going to go find some glass beads and a crystal point this weekend and make a wand as well. I've got so much of this stuff I've got to do something with it!

~Maya

Flaire-FireStar
March 6th, 2002, 11:09 PM
:heartthro:heartthro Those sounds absolutely beautiful, Maya.. I would love to make my own runes, but I haven't the slightest what to make them out of - except wood, and I can't find the right size of fallen branch to make them out of. :)

Wildwood
March 7th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Yay! RPG's

I have just finished running a year long live action campaign with some friends, it was set spanning the first 60 years of Earth's first colony planet, from the botched landing - to setting up their own community - to having that community invaded by more people from earth - to wresting their community back from the invading force.

Sword and sorcery is my fave though.

Wilwdood

Xander67
March 8th, 2002, 12:10 AM
:eek:
Im In the Paint SHop Tutorials Dungeons LOL

MR FLIPPS is just about ready!!!

Xander67
March 8th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Here He IS MR FLIPS!!!!

and only 20K too :) (bandwidth)

the background was easy lol just an air brush on a solid
background :D the Dolphin took 3 days!!! :( but it was
an experience and a Joy to create!

flar7
March 8th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Cool....and I loved the signature.

Flaire-FireStar
March 8th, 2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Wildwood

Sword and sorcery is my fave though.

Wilwdood

You have to love those! :D I was going to join a futuristic one, but I'm so used to midevil style though. :dis: Oh well..

Xander...:thumbsup: I bet real dolphins would get confused. :lol:

Xander67
March 8th, 2002, 12:32 AM
thank you Flar!

I figure the name allows me to keep my xander and ad an artistic element LOL

:D

Alphyna
March 8th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Well, I have got too many things on the go!I am kinda starting my own business Ack!! Making handbags out of second hand clothes, buying second hand frames and creating artwork to fill them with, and making hemp jewellry...As well as an oil painting for my friend, another peice of art for a friend of my parents, sketches...and on and on!!!
Lots of Creative Muses to All (heehe)
Alphyna

Azure
March 9th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Anyone else here a performer?

I'm an actor, myself, but I'm not currently in a show - which is rare for me, actually. It also means I wait tables at the theatre every night. I'm also a costume designer and seamstress. Right now, I'm working up some corsets for streetwear (they'll zip or hook and eye instead of lace) to sell in a friend's shop.
I'm trying to write a vampire novel (Melysande's read the first chapter).

I do paint and draw as well, but those are skills that are not being really used to their full potential right now.

I also belly dance in some clubs locally when I need extra cash. I'm trying to choreograph something for PUF in April, as I'm told I am supposed to give a performance, but I haven't decided if it will be "real" belly dane, or something more along the lines of estatic dance to keep up the theme of the festival.

Nina
March 9th, 2002, 06:03 PM
I'm not very proficient, but a few years back I went to some classes and had a great time. I've finally had my navel pierced, so maybe I should take it up again now I've got something to show off!!

Oh, and I've decided what I'm going to do as a picture in my bathroom - part of the charge of the Goddess by Doreen Valiante in silver calligraphy on black paper. Just working out the design today!!

Adam Of Avalon
March 26th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Azure
Anyone else here a performer?

I'm a musical theatre performer. However, I'm still in high school so I don't starve as of yet. But I can't wait.

Jeleia
March 26th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Right now I'm working on my portfolio. I'm hoping to get into Art school next fall..

Wish me luck :)

Flaire-FireStar
March 26th, 2002, 02:19 PM
:blushake: I'm entering an art contest...Wish me luck, guys!

crystal_night
March 26th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Good luck Flaire!!!

Projects I have going on right now! Wow! Well I just finished painting a trio of dragon pictures for my son's nursery, they just need matted, framed and hung.
I also cross-stitch and currantly I am trying (desperately) to finish a cross-stitch of a black labrador for my sister.
Other products include a Samhain quilt, an eagle quilt for my husband (had both of these going on when my sewing machine went kapooot!) and then I think I will be finished quilting! LOL

Flaire-FireStar
March 26th, 2002, 10:30 PM
:loveduv: Thanks!

Oooh! The quilts sound lovely! :D

Old Witch
April 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
I am currently working on a painting of a Chickadee on top of a Christmas tree with snow and Christmas balls......It was inspired fom a cover of Birds and Blooms...... will take a picture and post it if I ever get far enough along........

Xander67
April 10th, 2002, 01:17 PM
that sounds neat OW I wanna see it too :)

SmackGoddess13
April 10th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Im designing some tattoos for friends.. but I like all of them so much I want them for myself. I just don't have the space..lol! ;)

Old Witch
April 10th, 2002, 07:20 PM
I found out my computer has a Paint program and have been using MW peoples as my guinea piglets..........

flar7
April 10th, 2002, 07:32 PM
oink?

Flaire-FireStar
April 10th, 2002, 08:15 PM
:huh: What sound does a guniea piglet make?

:D Can I be the next one????????

Old Witch
April 10th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Guinea piglets have wonderful little whistly sounds.........and a prodigious piercing whistle when they really want something.......

flar7
April 11th, 2002, 01:07 AM
TWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

Old Witch
April 11th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Whatcha want???????

flar7
April 11th, 2002, 01:13 AM
fresh cold water, more food, fresh woodchips, and a tube set!:boing:

Flaire-FireStar
April 11th, 2002, 01:54 AM
How about a wheel to go along with that? :D

flar7
April 11th, 2002, 03:19 AM
as long as its tough plastic! metal wheels can wear our little
feets off!:eek:

Nyx
April 11th, 2002, 03:26 PM
I turned my roommates into sd characters and am using them to create my own little comic strips. If you can't get even, get your sketchbook!
:devil:

Old Witch
April 11th, 2002, 05:06 PM
All Right!!