PDA

View Full Version : **freaked out** (about runes, HELP)

Sequoia
March 2nd, 2002, 05:15 PM
ok. A couple weeks ago, I was at a friend's house. I was staring at the floor tiles (was a little bored during a lag in an rpg session hehe) and they started seeming to form symbols in my mind. . . so I sketched them down.

I went to a rune site today for fun, because I was a bit curious about runes.

4 out of the 5 doodlies I did are honest-to-god runes, and one of them looks like a rune, only upside down. I've never looked at runes before, and it was only when I looked at the page that I realized it.

HELP this is weird!! I'll include a compie sketch of them. . . @_@;;; yeep what the heck does this mean? lol

(ok the sketch is really bad compared to the doodles I did but it's the best my mouse can do lol)

Nina
March 2nd, 2002, 05:25 PM
Runes are everywhere! You often find them in 'mundane' designs, and the more you look, the more you find!. Look at wood beamed houses - you know those pretty places with the painted black beams on the outside - you'll see Rune shapes in them, too.

Of course, this could be a pointer that the time may be right for you to get interested in Runes, and start studying with them!

Sequoia
March 2nd, 2002, 05:30 PM
yeah but I feel like maybe it's something important? hehe and it wasn't like the patters were actually there. . . it was sort of like. . . ok have you ever stared at something, and then you see an afterimage? I kept seeing afterimages, and that's what I doodled.

Lavender
March 2nd, 2002, 08:06 PM
The first one looks like ehow - balance and harmony.

The second is gebo - giving and recieving.

The third is algiz - protection

The last two, I don't know...they could be composites of several runes. Maybe Rick can help here.

I see runes around me too. I see them in the branches of the trees, sticks on the ground. Especially if I've been mediating on a particular question. I think seeing runes around me is one way my subconsious mind communicates with me.

Sequoia
March 2nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
well, at least they're positive! :)

I'm sorry if I sounded TOO freaked out before. . . it just kinda weirded me out ^^;; hehe but thank you!

lol as she said above, maybe it's time for me to go into runes! hehe

Rick
March 2nd, 2002, 10:13 PM
These look like:

EHWAZ, GEBO, ALGIZ, FEHU, NAUTHIZ

Ehwaz literally means 'horse'... this can indicate travel, either in the mundane sense of a short trip, or a spiritual journey. It could also things generally feeling like they are 'in motion', somewhat unsettled. Ehwaz is also a Rune of partnership; the shape symbolizes two people holding or shaking hands.

Gebo means 'gift'. This Rune makes me think T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.... "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." This is a Rune of self sacrifice. If something is worth having, it is worth sweating for... think hard but self-satisfying tasks here... and YOU are the only one that sets the limits on what you can accomplish.

Algiz is the Valkyrie Rune... sort of compares to 'guardian angel'. This is the Rune of Divine Protection.

Fehu is the money Rune... don't be stressing over this... if Fehu is present, then money issues will turn out positive... think about why you are seeing money 'turned upside down', then QUIT IT! :D

Nauthiz is the Need Fire... it represents feelings of hopelessness; sometimes it's guilt from the past. The shape is a fire bow... the 'feeling' of this Rune is like your lost in the woods, it's raining, your cold & wet, & you can't get the fire started, no matter how hard you rub the sticks together. But this is a Rune of hope & potential... as long as you keep trying, there's hope... you've got issues from the past to let go of, Puma dear. The past is important in that it shaped today, but it's also a ghost town... you can't live there. I'd give those past 'ghosts' a ritual burial...

Lavender
March 3rd, 2002, 03:32 AM
:D See?! I told you Rick would know! :D

Sequoia
March 3rd, 2002, 06:34 AM
OH RICK!! *BIG TEARY HUG!!!!!!!!!!*

that all fits, more than you could ever know. I just in the past few days seperated with my boyfriend. . . it's not really "seperation" though, because we both want to be friends. I don't see it as loosing a lover, I see it as gaining one of the dearest friends I could ever have, but I'm still a little bittersweet about it. . . you know? We'll always love eachother, we just never started with a friendship. The attraction got the better of us lol and we didn't get a chance to form it, so now we are. It'd been being hell for a while, and we both realized we needed a bit more space to grow, so I know it's for the very best. . . even though I want to hold onto it. I want to cling to dreams of the past (waay past, aka past lives lol) and dreams of the future, try to hold tightly to a "destiny" and thought of something solid out there.

What I've come to realize is, I can't live on "destiny" alone. I can't go on just dreaming of some fuzzy hope or wish, and although I by no means am stopping dreaming or beliving or wishing or hoping (if I did that, I'd die, for certain!) but I'm looking at it as not the main focus of my life. . . right now, I'm trying to find me, trying to live life one day at a time. I know there's a guiding force, I know I will get my dreams someday. I just need to be patient and not wait for them. . . I have to get them! :) and I think that while my boyfriend and I may be seperate for a while. . . perhaps even several years. . . I have the feeling that eventually we'll be back together, and thta it will be more than I could have ever dreamed about or wished for. And I'm willing to wait, and willing to have fun with him and have him as my friend right now. For both of us, friends have always been closer, anyway. He was so shocked today when he came to pick me up for the rpg we go to on saturdays. . . I hugged him warmly, with genuine warmth - I missed him! - and I gave him a small, short kiss (we do this with our friends, either way). He was so shocked, he expected me to hate him. He'd always been treated like shit by women. I belive everything will be alright. It's all going to work out in time. :) things are as they should be! I belive that! :D

the ghosts you spoke of. . . ah, I have much haunting my past! This life alone is enough for me to be slightly whacko :ahhhh: I'm currently letting it all go. . . realizing that right now, it's just me and the present, and to enjoy life for what it is. At times, yes, I feel so overwhelmed. . . . sadness, loneliness, fear, regret, pain. . . but. . . . I'm acknowlaging, they're the past. I can't go back and change it. But I can change here and now, and be happy for who I am and the blessings I have every day!!! :) I"m getting there! hehe

Guardians. . . I've got lots of 'em! Very special important to me. . . they keep eyes on me and hold me when i'm sad, encourage me when I'm unsure, and kick things asses that try to hurt me! :D 8O all kidding asside (aww why do that?) I do have several guardians I'm aware of. . . My spirit guide, Puma. . . my dear dear brother (soul brother, not the genetic mishap in the room down the hall), . . . . and I was even given a small gift by Bast-sama. . . (the -sama suffix is Japanese. . . aka by Bast). . . so I know a lot of people care about me (though i'm pretty sure that my brother is the bestest of them all!! :) )

As far as the money. . . . for one thing, when I saw those runes, I was freaking out about the fact that not too long from now I"ll be turning 18. . . needing job, house, independance. . . AAAAAH! But my mom had a talk with me. . . ^^; I can stay here as long as I want to hehe. @_@; hopefully it's not saying that application I put in is gonna be rejected. . . . blech! that would suck! hehe

Rick. . . thank you so much. What you've said made TONS AND TONS of sense. . . . and when I get my butt around to it, I think I'll make myself a set of runes. . . . know any good pages or books on that subject (so I don't screw up too badly. . .hehe)?

Thank you again. *BIG HUGE HUGS* And thank you, everyone!!!!!

Very Very Sincerely,
~Beth

Twig
March 3rd, 2002, 11:18 AM
GODS I Love this place!!!

Peace,
Twig
:elf:

Nina
March 3rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
I see you have taken your new parenting role to heart!!!

The Gods are everywhere - I think they are coming out of the woodwork for us all at the moment!

Rick
March 4th, 2002, 12:01 AM
...It weren't nuthin' L'il Sister...

Sequoia
July 1st, 2002, 11:35 PM
hey rick. . . those old runes are making even more sense now. . . *smiles* maybe runes are a gift from the gods. . . :) indeed.

Xander67
July 1st, 2002, 11:44 PM
:) (((PUMA)))

and they could not have come at a more perfect time...

you see what I mean, The Goddess Looks out for her children!
and she even sends us messages to let us know !

and this also means something else puma, ;)

I think that mabey your awareness is begining to expand a bit :D

Flar's Freyja
July 1st, 2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Puma Hime
hey rick. . . those old runes are making even more sense now. . . *smiles* maybe runes are a gift from the gods. . . :) indeed.

Amazing, isn't it, how readings and such become clear to us further down the road. Seeing Uruz in a meditation drew me to the runes....I had very little knowledge of them at the time that happened. I continue to draw on it for health, strength and perseverance.

Rick
July 1st, 2002, 11:49 PM
hey rick. . . those old runes are making even more sense now. . . *smiles* maybe runes are a gift from the gods. . . :) indeed. No doubt about it, L'il Sister... :D

Rick
July 1st, 2002, 11:56 PM
hey rick. . . those old runes are making even more sense now. . . *smiles* maybe runes are a gift from the gods. . . :) indeed. No doubt about it, L'il Sister... :D

Sequoia
January 4th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I just stumbled across this while searching for something else. . . wow. *laughs* can't believe it. . . and was I ever that silly? -_-; wow. . . *shakes my head and chuckles*