PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign, now?

Litha
March 6th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Your Sun sign is based on where the sun was at the moment of your birth. Although you keep this sun sign for your lifetime, the Sun keeps moving in the heavens and each of us experiences the Sun progressing forward in our own charts.
Each house is approximately 30 degrees and using the degree for a year method, you can move your Sun forward in the birthchart and see where it lies now you are older.

This Sun shows the path you are progressing on and where you have already gone through.
Is your Sun in a different sign than your birth?
What turning points changes and decisions might have happened as the Sun crossed into the adjoining house cusp?

Sequoia
October 18th, 2002, 08:00 PM
. . . . I'm not quite sure I understand :)

Phoenix Blue
October 19th, 2002, 01:29 AM
I think it has to do with one's sun moving toward the next sign in the zodiac, one degree for every year old you are. :) For instance, by this theory, my sun would be well into Sagittarius and on its way into Capricorn.

I have to confess I've never heard of this method before. :) Do the other planets move with the sun as well? Do they move at a different rate? Or do they not move at all?

Methanespirit
October 19th, 2002, 09:34 AM
What Litha is referring to is the standard Secondary Progressions. You have to use an ephemeris for this. Yes, the whole heavens progresses with the progressed Sun. This progression system equates one progressed day for each civil year of life, counted from your birth day. Therefore if one is, say, 35 years old, then add 35 days on to your birth date and place the planets for that day in your nativity, It tells much of what phases of life you are going through now.

But even more telling is the Tertiary progressions. This system of progression equates one lunar return (when the moon returns back to its natal position) equating to one year of civil life. count the lunar returns from your birthday equating each one to a civil year of life. Then place the date of the proper Tertiarys into your nativity. It is very revealing.

.........methane

Tranquility
February 15th, 2003, 12:39 AM
yes, i am a taurus by birth, and now im an aries, so i am on the cusp, a Taurus/Aries you could say =)
I am definately a taurus by behavior and so forth, i haven't really looked into aries, as i just discovered that i was an aries this year, as of yesterday i believe

mol
February 18th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Heh. Very interesting indeed!

Sequoia
February 18th, 2003, 03:40 PM
. . . would that put me into my sag phase? *chuckles* *is a scorpio by birth, nov. 15th, and is 18 now*