PDA

View Full Version : Norvicensian Christian Witchcraft

HerbGurl
October 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Is anyone here studying
Norvicensian Christian Witchcraft (http://members.aol.com/RawnaMoon/intro.html)? I am currently on the second moon of exercises, and am finding it very enjoyable.

covenofkeys
October 11th, 2006, 12:01 PM
cant say ive ever heard of this.sorry.

zionwood
October 21st, 2006, 08:15 PM
O my gosh! Norvicesian! That's me! ooh! i'm on the sixth lesson/moon...

Philosophia
October 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM
This is really interesting! Thank you for sharing this...:hugz:

Bix
October 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Are there any other websites on this?

Philosophia
October 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM
I found this website (http://user.itl.net/~whitsco/christw.htm) that talks a little bit about it.

The most sophisticated intellectual foundation for Christian Witchcraft can be found in the writings of Rawna Moon (http://members.aol.com/RawnaMoon/).

This is what she terms "The Norvicensian Tradition of Christian Witchery". It is a branch of Christian Witchcraft that draws upon the lives and teachings of three great mystical Christian women for inspiration. They are seen as exemplars of the threefold path of Christian Witchery consisting of nature mysticism, spiritual feminism and valuing story and ritual. Who are these women, and what did they teach?

Brigid of Kildare was the Abbess of Kildare in Ireland in the 5th and early 6th Centuries when Christianity was just coming into that area. She was responsible in a large part for the development of an Irish Christianity that did not reject the earlier Celtic veneration of nature, teaching that "Christ dwelt in every creature."

Hildegaard of Bingen was the great Abbess of Bingen in the 12th Century in Germany. She was a prophetess and artist. She taught us that we are co-creators with the Divine and that the verdant zest of the Spirit is in all of nature, telling us the Divine says, "I, the fiery life of Divine Wisdom, I ignite the beauty of the plains, I sparkle the waters, I burn in the sun, and the moon, and the stars."

Julian of Norwich was the mystical and reclusive Abbess of Norwich in Norfolk, East Anglia in England during the 14th and early 15th Centuries. Julian was the great optimist teaching us that the Divine's main message to us is that all will be well in the finality. She also is the foremost feminist mystic relating to the Divine as feminine. Julian taught us that Christ is our Mother and we are spiritually nourished at Christ's breasts.

This kind of craft, as other Christian witch traditions holds to a Christianity is centred and focused in the person of Jesus Christ, but it is an open faith which is centred there. But this is understood also in a sophisticated modern sense, in that every person, including Jesus, is seen as having masculine and feminine aspects of their being. So while it is a Trinitarian and Christian tradition, it explores aspects of God as male and female, and grounds this in the "image of God" theology implicit in the mythical Genesis stories.

Agaliha
October 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
Actually I'm reading the lessons.
It's pretty intersting. I'm not sure if I will actually do them. I might.

After coming to terms with my my draw to various aspects of Catholicism (Rosary, Convents, Stigmata, Saints, Mary, etc) and realizing I was a devout Christian (monk to be specific) in my past life I decided to look into my options...because traditional Catholicism and Christianity is just not for me. My beliefs aren't anywhere aligned to those of the Church-- on various moral issues (homosexuality, abortion, etc) and theological issues.

Agaliha
October 21st, 2006, 09:53 PM
Are there any other websites on this?

The link posted has more info than what I've seen on any other site.
Actually I just did a search on Yahoo and didn't find anything else (there was just weird search sites and all that, no real info).