PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Story Challenge/Competition

Akeyla
October 23rd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hey All

So I was wondering if anyone would feel up to doing a Halloween challenge.

I was thinking of using the following picture as inspiration and then writing a story about a Haunted House on Halloween.

Word length would be less then 2000. It's a bit rushed but I think it would be cool if we could have them all in by October 30th, that way I can post them all, annonymously, on October 31st.

We can then have two weeks to read and vote for our favorite after that.

The winner will get a banner and everyone who participates will get an icon/pip/avatar to use if they want.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/phedre_kushiel/haunted_house_big.jpg

As an extra challenge, we would have to describe the house in our stories as best we can.

Who's in?

Once you say your in you can start writing it and then send it in to luna_di_anima@yahoo.ca which is me. I will then post all of them annonymously. I won't read them or correct them, so please include any HTML tags for bold or italics, etc. I will however check the word count to make sure that it is under 2000 words.

Good luck and let your imagination run wild through the Haunted House!:bat: :broomride _firedevil :apumpkin: :hairraise _witchball

Windsmith
October 25th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I'm in! I think it's a great idea.

Time to get all creative-like! _taparoo_

Windsmith
November 1st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Fooey. I was buried under work yesterday and didn't get a chance to finish my story.

Eh, I guess that's OK; it was uncooperative anyway, and since I appear to have been the only competitor...unless someone snuck in the back?

Akeyla
November 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM
No worries, I've been busy myself and I did put in the idea pretty late. Maybe we can try to have a Winter themed one in December with more advanced warning and time to write.

Thanks for being willing to participate though. I appreciate it.