PDA

View Full Version : Embracing The Moon and other news...

Yasmine Galenorn
October 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Embracing the Moon will be going out of print. Llewellyn sent me a letter yesterday, so when their remaining stock is sold (probably remaindered, which means no royalties off of it), that's it folks, she'll be gone. I'll work on getting the rights back but don't foresee re-selling the title for at least another year or so. By then, I should be able to start looking for a new publisher for it.

I hit the USA Today bestseller's list for Witchling the week it came out. Am hitting store lists (like Borders/Waldens) etc., for it, too. WOOHOO.

And I just don't have time to drop by here much anymore--but you can always find me on my site (I have my own reader forums there). My schedule's amped up like its on steroids.

Anyway, B.B. and have a great autumn/holiday season!

Yasmine :colorful:

Jeremy Westenn
December 5th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Nooo! That was seriously one of the best books of Witchcraft that there was on the market! And I don't mean that in a pump up my friend sort of way but this is really saddening!! You must get that book reprinted somehow... Perhaps you could revise it a bit with a few new chapters over some different subjects? Maybe you could even expand on the old chapters?

It's really a travesty... I'm so happy I still have my copy. Out of all the books I've gotten, and I got a ton believe me, that one has probably had one of the most impacts on me. It's gonna be sad to know that it's off the shelves when so much crap is still up there after it's gone.

Darbla
March 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Oh wow. Now I'm REALLY glad I just bought this. And I'm greatly enjoying it too; it's the first book in awhile I am forcing myself to read completely through because I don't want to miss anything. It's usually unlikely that I read a non-fiction book cover to cover, but I made a commitment to this one. I've got Post-It notes sticking all out of it markings things to refer back to.

And I didn't even think to see if you had a thread here at MW. I saw this by accident when I was looking for something else. I'll be checking out your web site and forum now.

Darbla

Yasmine Galenorn
March 5th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Oh wow. Now I'm REALLY glad I just bought this. And I'm greatly enjoying it too; it's the first book in awhile I am forcing myself to read completely through because I don't want to miss anything. It's usually unlikely that I read a non-fiction book cover to cover, but I made a commitment to this one. I've got Post-It notes sticking all out of it markings things to refer back to.

And I didn't even think to see if you had a thread here at MW. I saw this by accident when I was looking for something else. I'll be checking out your web site and forum now.

Darbla

Hi Darbla,

Yeah, I'm just so busy I can barely come in here anymore, but you can always find me at my site, and I'm pretty active on MySpace. :)

Lunar_Dragonfly
April 6th, 2007, 01:16 PM
That's quite a shame to hear. Embracing the Moon was the first book on witchcraft I ever read so it will always have a special place in my heart.

pooja
June 16th, 2007, 12:03 PM
thats terrible. ETM is not only a classic, but its the only book that i can totally understand and enjoy & learn from. ive already had 4 ETM books lent & not returned because people LOVE it so much.

Nitefalle
June 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I am so glad I have my copy!!! It was the first book on witchcraft I ever bought for myself and I loved it from the first page. Ten years later, it's still my favorite book on my shelves.

Yasmine Galenorn
July 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I am so glad I have my copy!!! It was the first book on witchcraft I ever bought for myself and I loved it from the first page. Ten years later, it's still my favorite book on my shelves.

I'm glad it's been so helpful...and yes, do keep it--when it's out of print, it will be quite awhile before I look for a new publisher to reprint it, with my current writing schedule. :)