PDA

View Full Version : i think i have lesbian gerbils!!

Arion
October 30th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I have 3 gerbils, a mother and her two daughters, and I thnk i saw them humping each other tonight. They took turns mounting each other like males when they mate with females... at first i thought i had made a mistake determining their sex, but nope, they are definitely all female. I've never seen them do this before, it's very unusual lol. Oh well, I fully support my lesbain gerbils 8O

person of shadow
October 30th, 2006, 11:00 PM
It's sometimes has to do with dominance, or sometimes they are ready to be bred.

My rabbit river does that, but it's because she wants bred, she Bi, I guess. :lol:

Ryd Firedreamz
October 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Theres no such thing as homosexual animals. When they do acts like that it is because of sexual tension that needs to be channeled some place. Every animal would just ignore the same sex if they had the opposite sex to work with. It's just like when dogs hump human legs, it isn't related to sexual orientation.

Gwenhwyfar
October 30th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Theres no such thing as homosexual animals. When they do acts like that it is because of sexual tension that needs to be channeled some place. Every animal would just ignore the same sex if they had the opposite sex to work with. It's just like when dogs hump human legs, it isn't related to sexual orientation.

I think there are homosexual animals. I had a gay dog once, it had nothing to do with 'what was available to hump'. He wouldnt touch a bitch if I was getting paid for it! lol

Ryd Firedreamz
October 30th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I think there are homosexual animals. I had a gay dog once, it had nothing to do with 'what was available to hump'. He wouldnt touch a bitch if I was getting paid for it! lol

The female has to be in heat for the dog to find him to get attracted.

Gwenhwyfar
October 30th, 2006, 11:42 PM
The female has to be in heat for the dog to find him to get attracted.

I know! I breed chihuahuas :)....that said, the male dogs my dog *is* attracted to- are not in heat. lol

Protagonist
October 30th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Homosexual pets can be lots of fun! My two Siamese Fancy rats seem to be lesbians, or at least in a "Boston marriage" of sorts, and it's such a curiousity that everyone loves to come and see them.

TheWomanMonster
October 31st, 2006, 12:00 AM
I have Lesbian Convict Cichlids. They actually defend the nest together and take turns laying and 'fertilizing' the eggs... *laughs* I feel bad for them, they must be confused as to why they never have fry.

Your critters might actually be asserting their dominance over eachother though. But you never know. :)

evdiv69
October 31st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Don't worry so much about them doing each other... now something to look for is if one of them have a litter...lol

ap Dafydd
October 31st, 2006, 08:45 AM
There's been a recent exhibition in Norway devoted to gay animals. Apparently homosexuality has been noted in around 1500 different species and is a regular feature of around 500. Nothing unusual in what you've seen.

The time to worry is when they start wearing little pink badges and going on Pride marches!

gwyn eich byd

Ffred