PDA

View Full Version : I dont like this waiting game thing...

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Okay so I need to wait untill November 13th to see if I am pregnant or not.... ARGH!! I dont like to wait!! Patience is DEFINITLY not one of my virtues...

I know the chances are slim with the very first month or ttc... But still! I dont want to get my hopes up... But MEH!

Its been 5 days since the first time we tried in October (during my super fertile days)... The only thing that MIGHT count as a pregnancy symptom are my boobs -- They are SO sore and have swollen up.... But I get similar symptoms a week or so before I get my period... So.. Meh.

Yesterday, I fell asleep at 9pm... Woke up for about a half an hour when Hubby came home from work, then went back to sleep untill about 10am this morning.... It is not like me to go to sleep SO early, but then again, yesterday we did A LOT of walking around and it was very busy for me (including having to deal with seven 10 year olds who have been hyper on sugar from all the Halloween candy for almost 2 hours)...

Also, yesterday evening (and still this morning) I have started feeling little small crampings on my side (around my tube, I guess). Nothing painful, just small random cramps. I dont usually get those before my period, so that is something new...

But then again, my body could just be messing with me, and things just come up randomly making me hope and think I'm pregnant...

ARGH!

Advice? Help? Stories of your own while you HAD TO WAIT to find out if you're pregnant or not?

These would be appriciated in my time of need...

Lunacie
November 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
The first real sign for me was the falling asleep whenever I sat down, that was even before my boobs got big and tender. Sending happy and hopeful energies your way. :hugz:

moonbride
November 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
The first real sign for me was the falling asleep whenever I sat down, that was even before my boobs got big and tender. Sending happy and hopeful energies your way. :hugz:

That's exactly what I was going to say. I'm not one to do that during the day but with all three times I was pregnant, the tired/sleepy factor was always a big clue. Bedtime was around 8pm in the beginning LOL... I just couldn't make it after that most days. Good luck... and relax! It will happen for you. :hugz:

Chesna
November 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
I swear the body knows your super hyper sensitive and play tricks...I AM SURE OF THIS!!! Is the 13th when you can do the test 3 days before?? if so..well..yea..the wait sucks.....I never knew Iwas pregnant until I took a test..so I just did the freak out thing.
Here is a :hugz: to help ya out.

Chesna

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks ladies!

Well, the 13th is the first day of my next period... So I should know by then if I get my period or not... And I guess I'll be able to test by then too...

We'll see how it goes I guess.. I just keep guessing and then doubting my guesses, or interperting them as just me being hopeful and looking for clues about being pregnant LOL

Sometimes I wish we didnt TRY to concieve but rather have it happen as a surprise.. At least then I wouldnt be guessing, wondering and stressing over it! LOL

RoseKitten
November 2nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
:hugz: Good luck! I'm playing the waiting game too, but I'm not sure if I want a child right now or not... Either way, I can't know for sure what's going on until next friday *sigh* A week seems so long.. _inabox_

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks RoseKitten! We should have a ""Waiting Game Support Group"" Thread LOL ;)

Chesna
November 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
If your period is due on 11/13..you can test as early as 11/10..there are test you can use up to 3 days BEFORE your missed period!! So..you may want to try that..it cuts a few days off the wait.
Either way..got my fingers crossed..I'd cross my legs..but..baby is too low for that!! hehe

Chesna

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 02:52 PM
LOL thanks!

I'm feeling wierd today, I have no idea why.. But it could be anything.. I dont want to get my hopes up... Its frustrating me.. Meh!

moonbride
November 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
LOL thanks!

I'm feeling wierd today, I have no idea why.. But it could be anything.. I dont want to get my hopes up... Its frustrating me.. Meh!

You need to come to Ohio and have my grandma check you with a pendulum. She's never been wrong and she's able to tell way before any pregnancy test has ever been able to LOL. She's been doing it for all us grandkids for years and now great grandkids. :hahugh:

DreamSpell333
November 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
I definitely hated waiting when we were tryng for hannah. It took us 9 months to concieve her..after 6-7 months of being disapointed/upset that I wasnt pregnant and about getting my period. We decided to not actively try as hard. I picked a charting book and let nature take it's course. I was pregnant within 2 months.
With Olivia we werent trying and I hadnt been on any type of vitamin. So it was a complete shock.
After losing her. I wanted soo badly to try again,and the next 2 periods I had were soo upsetting/painful. I know my body had to get back into a regular cycle though. Im sure your cycle may have to adjust from coming off BC.
Waiting IS definitely the hardest part.
Once my husband and I started actively trying this time. I remember feeling extremely tired as well. I actually fell asleep and he and I had had intercourse,and I had been talking,so he assumed I was awake.. I was asleep! and had no recollection of the event.. I later spotted a week or 2 later,but wasnt sure if it was ovulation or not,so we tried again that week.
I've never done that before either, kinda weird.. makes me wonder if im further along and thats why im measuring bigger?! :)
I hope that you are able to concieve soon,but relax until you find out for sure. stress isnt good for you right now. :hugz:

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks DreamSpell!

Actually, I was never on any BC, so my cycles are normal as they've always been... So no need to worry with that...

*crosses fingers*

I hope I hope I hope!

Ivyrose
November 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Oh Morr I went through exactly the same thing last month (our first month TTC too!) Its so frustrating! and I have never had such sore boobs before either! (there was days I was convinced that it had worked!) I think part of it is your body acting up to make you happy! Anyway, Fingers crossed!

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
IvyRose I hope we are BOTH sucessful soon!!

*fingers crossed for you as well!*

Flux
November 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Fingers crossed for you!!!! :hugz:

DreamSpell333
November 2nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks DreamSpell!

Actually, I was never on any BC, so my cycles are normal as they've always been... So no need to worry with that...

*crosses fingers*

I hope I hope I hope!
well thats good then. Hopefully you dont have to wait as long to concieve then. :hugz: to you! :)

Morr
November 2nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks!

Well, today I've been having very slight cramping in my lower stomach. Nothing painful, just lil cramps.

My period is not due for another 10 days, at the least, so this is different.

Oh well, I guess we will see!

Revilo
November 3rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
Hi Morr... here's the link to my thread last month http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=140773

I just knew I was pregnant but like you had to wait to do a test and it was so frustrating, I think in the end I did about 6-8 tests and had negative in between faint positives so I understand your frustration.

RubyRose
November 3rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
:lol: Morr, I wouldn't stress if I were you. That only makes it worse. My most recent pregnancy scare, turned out to be my body messing with me, and cycles not quite on track yet.

Yeah the joys of your internal organs after a baby.

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
LOL Ruby, thanks :)

Note: The following is TMI, so whoever is brave enough to read, be warned...

Well, yesterday night I started feeling sick and bloated and kinda crampy... Now, I am feeling a tad crampy and bloated as well... In the past 3 days or so I have been completely dry (down there), but since last night I've had some wet activity going on... Clear stuff mostly...

This doesnt usually happen untill a day before I get my period, so I dont know whats up. I didnt notice any spotting, but then again I read that only 30% of women experience implantation spotting, so maybe I'm one of the other 70%? I dont know.

*confusion*

My breasts are HUGE and super tender and sore too, but I tend to get that during PMS... So, who knows..

Waiting.. Still waiting..

Kalika
November 5th, 2006, 03:30 PM
_travolta_

8 days til testing!

_travolta_

Have you tried just doing some research online... or joining a TTC board? Sometimes chatting with other folks who are going through the same thing helps. :)

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Yes I have...

I'm mostly a lurker...

I dont know.. I'm feeling wierd today.. But I'm trying to avoid what I'm feeling and tell myself I am fine because I dont want to get my hopes up...

Definitly interesting things, but I dont want to assume its early pregnancy signs so I wont be all excited and then get disappointed in a few days..

I will probably test earlier than 8 days... We'll see!

Kalika
November 5th, 2006, 03:40 PM
:fpoke:

If it were me... I'd probably be testing everyday. Screw what the "experts" say! :lol:

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Heee Heee..

Nah, its too early... Plus, I'm kinda scared to get the big NEGATIVE... So. Meh.

Besides, Amethyst Rose is sending me a bunch of pregnancy tests she doesnt need anymore (duh -- she's PREGNANT!) on Monday, so I am kinda FORCED to wait LOL... So probably 3 or 4 more days... We'll see!

Kalika
November 5th, 2006, 03:51 PM
:lol:

Hang in there. :)

Even if it doesn't happen to be this time around (but I'm keeping my hopes up for you anyways)... it just gives you more opportunity to have a little.... a-hem.... fun. :hahugh:

(See.... there's a positive side to everything.)

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
HeeHee! Yeah!

I know, I'm going to try not to be VERY disappointed if I am not pregnant this month... Just thinking I'd have to go through WAITING and GUESSING and OBSESSING again another month (or two, or three) more, is kinda bumming me out...

But que sera sera!

LadyTrinity9
November 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Why do you have to wait so long to find out whether or not you are pregnant? A blood test can tell you if you are pregnant even before you miss your period.
It seems a shame that you have to wait so long to find out....I can understand why it is driving you crazy.
Why don't you see if you can get your doctor to order a blood test. Some doctors will make you wait until your peiod is one full week late before they will order a blood test. You could check into it tho.
Good luck and I hope congratulations are in order!
Blessings
Lady Trinity~

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Nah, I'm not going to order a blood test every single month we are ttc... BEsides, I am not yet on semi's health inssurance (on a family plan), so it would probably cost us a lot of money that we dont have.

Thanks anyways for the idea!! ;)

Athena-Nadine
November 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well, when I was trying last time, I went through all of the same things. I had all these little signs and symptoms that were never there before, and made myself crazy every month. Every single time I did, I wasn't pregnant. I spoke to my doctor about this then, and she told me that they aren't new symptoms or feelings that occur premenstrual, but usually unnoticable ones that get lost when living day to day. When we are trying to become pregnant, we become much more aware of everything going on with our bodies, so notice things that we normally don't.

The interesting thing is that when I did get pregnant with Robert, I was caught completely off guard because I had none of the little symptoms that had been driving nuts those months before. Every time I thought I was pregnant I wasn't, but the time I was truly convinced I wasn't, I was.

:hugz: I wouldn't read anything into these feelings you're having, except that you are hopeful and anxious and very in tune with your own body at the moment. :)

Here's hoping you conceive soon! :D

ETA: The First Response home pregnancy tests can be used up to 5 days before your period is due now, though they become more accurate the closer you get. :)

Ahautenites
November 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Morr.... go give blood. It's free and they will tell you if you're pregnant.

Morr
November 5th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm trying to avoid whatever and everything I am feeling and just assume my body is being my crazy hormonal body. *nods*

And I cant give blood yet here in the US since I am not a resident (yet).

Thanks for allll the advice!

lilyavalon
November 14th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Morr, I have been in your shoes...

Last month Aunt Flow was two weeks late. We were in freak out mode because we were not planning anything. I got sympathy symptoms and just really over stressed out.

Turned out that the day that I had my blood test, AF showed up.

I wish you lots of baby luck!! The 2ww is the longest!

Kalika
November 14th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Well.................................?

Shanti
November 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Nah, I'm not going to order a blood test every single month we are ttc... BEsides, I am not yet on semi's health inssurance (on a family plan), so it would probably cost us a lot of money that we dont have.

Thanks anyways for the idea!! ;)JFI, if your not on any insurance yet, getting PG before you are on could result in a lot of the medical for the pregnancy and birth, not being covered.
You may want to check in to that. Plans very a lot from company to company and policy to policy.

Athena-Nadine
November 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Well.................................?
*...taps foot...*

wrenjamin
November 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
*crosses fingers!*

Good luck Morr...

Morr
November 14th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Ladies, I posted in the other thread -- This cycle was a bust... My period arrived, argh, and I got a negative the day before.

Its all good...

Shanti: Our family inssurance kicks in at the end of the month. I wouldnt bring a child to this world without making sure we have a family health plan.

Athena-Nadine
November 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Ladies, I posted in the other thread -- This cycle was a bust... My period arrived, argh, and I got a negative the day before.

Its all good...

Shanti: Our family inssurance kicks in at the end of the month. I wouldnt bring a child to this world without making sure we have a family health plan.

:hugz: Sorry I missed it. I was offline for a few days. I'm cramping and bloated and due any time between now and late tonight. *...pouts...* I knew it was a long shot this month and we weren't going out of our way to try, but it makes me sad anyway.

I don't blame you on the insuarance thing. Only two more weeks! :) Mark may have to find a new company to work for (he's not getting laid off or anything, thankfully), and while money and paying the bills wouldn't be an issue, medical insurance would be. Between me and Robert, we already can't afford to not have insurance. But to get pregnant without it would be a nightmare.

Morr
November 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah... I already know which doctor I want to go to (our roomate's obgyn), I am just waiting on the family insurance to kick in for us.

In the meanwhile, we're trying though... Well, next week LOL I'm almost done with my period...

*hugs*

Good luck to you! And hey, maybe we'll get pregnant together! ;)

Kalika
November 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
:hugz:

Hang in there. :) You'll be on the road to motherhood before you know it.

And Athena-Nadine will be on the road to #2 right along with you hopefully!!

Baby dust!!:thewave:

Morr
November 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
:hugz:

Thanks Kalika!

A friend of mine who has a 15 months old has just found out she is pregnant with #2. I asked her for TTC tips -- She said not to think about it, not to obsess about it. That the first time around, she got disappointed and upset after two months of trying... Then she decided to let it go and just let it happen when its supposed to happen -- The next month, she got pregnant.

So this cycle, I am not going to obsess. We WILL have intercourse during my O day and all around it, but I wont obsess during the 2ww, we'll do it in a fun way (as we always do), in a happy way -- Because we WANT kids, and sharing the moment of lovemaking -- Knowing we might just make a baby -- Is amazing all on its own.

forestrangergrrl
November 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM
that's the fun part about being pregnant... the getting there!!! lol! (not that i would know.... riiiiiiight... lol!)