PDA

View Full Version : First post !

AussiePagan
November 5th, 2006, 07:40 PM
:abbed: w000t First post in new forum :cheers: \0/

TheWomanMonster
November 5th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Yay for you! (and happy belated birthday. :))

I got the first story though! :P

I love this new section though.
Now start posting stories. :)

:hahugh:

AussiePagan
November 5th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Yay for you! (and happy belated birthday. :))

I got the first story though! :P

I love this new section though.
Now start posting stories. :)

:hahugh:

Agaliha
November 5th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Yay! Where's WyldeDyrad? Seems as our insisting paid off!

TheWomanMonster
November 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM

I guess it did! Thanks! I'm going to love this place...
I wonder how diverse it will be? There are so many good stories from everywhere...

Agaliha
November 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I guess it did! Thanks! I'm going to love this place...
I wonder how diverse it will be? There are so many good stories from everywhere...

Glad to know it's not going to be collecting dust :lol:

TheWomanMonster
November 5th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Glad to know it's not going to be collecting dust :lol:

Not if I can help it! :hahugh:

Agaliha
November 5th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Okay so I think I'm the Guide for this sub-foum as I'm the guide for G&Gs. Flaire asked and I said yes. So yeah, not 100% sure though.

I'm making a thread to be stickied with definitions and links to Mythology and Folklore sites. For reference purposes and all. :)

TheWomanMonster
November 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Cool! if you ever need a hand with anything Agaliha just let me know. :)

Agaliha
November 5th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Okay, so I am the Guide. Yay.
If you have any suggestions and any of that just let me know!

I'm not going to make a Resource and Link thread for this area though (a thread that categorizes all the threads) :2G:

_Banbha_
November 5th, 2006, 09:10 PM

Here I am!! :woot:

Connection issues have been keeping my stays brief today.

I guess it did!

Squeaky wheels and all that. :lol:

Thanks! I'm going to love this place...
I wonder how diverse it will be? There are so many good stories from everywhere...Me too. I think it could be about any culture or mix of cultures, so there is no limit...another: :woot:

TheWomanMonster
November 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Okay, so I am the Guide. Yay.
If you have any suggestions and any of that just let me know!

I'm not going to make a Resource and Link thread for this area though (a thread that categorizes all the threads) :2G:

Yeah I don't blame you, that's a whole lot of work.
We'll just try to make it organized-ish...

Agaliha
November 5th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Here I am!! :woot:
:dancy:

I think it could be about any culture or mix of cultures, so there is no limit...
No kidding, have you seen the Wikipedia Folklore diectory? Soooo many!
Folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkk5LjE5FFwQBI_5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE3dmo3cnZ2BGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANFMjYyX zEwMA--/SIG=11phq6tpj/EXP=1162862027/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore)

Yeah I don't blame you, that's a whole lot of work.We'll just try to make it organized-ish...

Yeah, it did take time :lol:
Speaking of Resource and Link threads...I should update the G&Gs one.
:spaceman:

LostSheep
November 6th, 2006, 12:08 PM
*wanders in*

ok, there must be some sheep-related mythology and/or fables somewhere... why should hares & tortoises get all the publicity?

_inabox_

dragoncrone
November 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Does Jason & the Golden Fleece count?

_Banbha_
November 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
*wanders in*

ok, there must be some sheep-related mythology and/or fables somewhere... why should hares & tortoises get all the publicity?

_inabox_

Some sheep beliefs:

To meet a flock of sheep on a journey is an omen of good luck. An old Manx belief states that sheep cannot be counted accurately unless the person counting
them has washed his or her eyes under running water first. Peaceful sheep, lying in the field, are said to herald fine weather, but rain is foretold if they are restless and baa for no apparent reason. Truth or fiction? :smile:

Does Jason & the Golden Fleece count?

Oh, yes, I think so! :boing: Myths and Legends with Heros and semi-divine figures as central characters have a this forum now.

LostSheep
November 7th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Some sheep beliefs:

To meet a flock of sheep on a journey is an omen of good luck. An old Manx belief states that sheep cannot be counted accurately unless the person counting
them has washed his or her eyes under running water first. Peaceful sheep, lying in the field, are said to herald fine weather, but rain is foretold if they are restless and baa for no apparent reason. Truth or fiction? :smile:
ahh, kind of like the opposite of cows, where if they lie down it's supposed to mean that rain's coming (because that way they'll have a dry patch of grass under them)?

_Banbha_
November 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
ahh, kind of like the opposite of cows, where if they lie down it's supposed to mean that rain's coming (because that way they'll have a dry patch of grass under them)?

That makes sense. I've seen cows play midwife to one giving birth. They came and stood around her, quietly loowing and nuzzling. It was really sweet. :)