PDA

View Full Version : Empty Wii Box Sells for $426.67 on Ebay

Laisrean
December 27th, 2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/ebay-watch-nintendo-wii-box-sells-for-42667

What the...?! :awilly:

RoseKitten
December 27th, 2006, 11:58 AM
:eyebrow: :eyez: :jawdrop: :foh: :wtf:

Mindflayer
December 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yep this is old "scam".

People think it's the actual system, but it's just the box.

Shows you how many people actually read auction descriptions doesn't it? lol

and it's perfectly legal, as long as somewhere in the description you put "box only" you're fine ;)

Childof_theMorrigan
December 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
i dont know what ticks me off more... the stupidity of the general population or someone who purposefully misleads and takes advantage of the stupidity of the general population. *sigh*

TheWomanMonster
December 27th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Personally I find it freaking hilarious...
although I do feel a LITTLE (teensy insy) bit sorry for the poor soul who ends up with a VERY expensive box...
*giggles*

edit to add: You know I'd say the seller was PERFECTLY clear that it was only for the box... *laughs even harder* Nicey Nice.

Ahautenites
December 27th, 2006, 03:22 PM
**whistles** Wow. Caveat emptor.

Shanti
December 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I looked at the actual auction!! no misleading in it. It was made clear it was an empty box.

If people are that stupid, its their prob!

Sequoia
December 28th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I looked at the actual auction!! no misleading in it. It was made clear it was an empty box.

If people are that stupid, its their prob!

Seriously!! _wedgie_

Azul
January 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well i know someone that got scammed similar to this, it was really sad. They want to get their kid something so bad for christmas, and dont know anything about computers or ebay, and they end up spending mucho big bugs on a nothing.

Even when its made perfectly clear, its still intended for those people who will not read that.

Haruka2077
January 5th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Wow, yep. That really wasn't misleading at all. Very scary. But did anyone stop to consider maybe the person who won really DID read it and just has waaaay too much money to burn? 8O

ModernKnight
January 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM
i dont know what ticks me off more... the stupidity of the general population or someone who purposefully misleads and takes advantage of the stupidity of the general population. *sigh*

There was no misleading present. Take a look at the auction. (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Nintendo-Wii-Box-In-Hand_W0QQitemZ220062310822QQihZ012QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

This is for the box only, not the system.

AussiePagan
January 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Well if someone doesn't bother reading the description, thats their own stupid fault.

Arinya
January 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Well the guy who bought it left the seller positive feedback so it couldn't have been all bad!

Sadly...this has given me ideas. I have so many expensive boxes lying around...mwhaha.

Azul
January 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well the guy who bought it left the seller positive feedback so it couldn't have been all bad!

Sadly...this has given me ideas. I have so many expensive boxes lying around...mwhaha.

I have to admit, i was thinking the same..... _inabox_