PDA

View Full Version : Imbolg celebrations?

redbint
January 8th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Just interested in what people have done or will be doing at this sabbat?

Also I don't mean to be dumb here, but, those of you in the southern hemisphere are you also celebrating Imbolg in Feb or are you celebrating Lammas? :confused:

redbint
January 8th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Come on guys I know we've just finished Yule but I need to get my butt in gear and make preparations now, Coz Imbolg will be upon me and I'll be tearing my hair out!!!

Flaire-FireStar
January 8th, 2007, 10:29 PM
-moved to Just Pagan-

Teresa
January 9th, 2007, 01:19 AM
We have a thread started in Magic and Rituals that you are welcome to come in and read. A.S. posted it this morning there was also some talk about decorating and crafts pertaining to it in the Pagan Spaces section here I believe.

redbint
January 9th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Thankyou Flaire and Shalaye Sabriego, will take a look now! Thanks.:)

Duwayitheru
January 9th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Also I don't mean to be dumb here, but, those of you in the southern hemisphere are you also celebrating Imbolg in Feb or are you celebrating Lammas? :confused:

I believe they'd be celebrating Lammas, as they just had their summer solstice. ;)

As for me, I wil be eating birthday cake. :blowcandl =P

equinox2
January 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Others may have good rituals, such as on the other thread. I'll supply the family activity that we do to involve the kids.

My family traditionally celebrates Imbolc by making candles. The kids love this both the melting of the wax, pouring it, watching it freeze, etc. Colors, stones, or other things can be added to the candles as desired, and snowcandles can be made. To make a snowcandle, simple dig out a hollow in hardpacked snow in the desired shape. Attach the wick, and fill with wax. There are tons of good resources on the web to help with candlemaking as well. These or other candles can be sunk into the snow during your ritual. This protects the candle from the wind, and makes a glowing spot in the snow visible from a ways away if done when it is dark outside. We often use a candle for each of the 8 points, saying something we are thinking of for the corresponding time of the coming year when placing it. Then we may go inside to watch the glowing spots, making predictions about which will go out last.

Fun, and meaningful.

All the best-