PDA

View Full Version : Verthaine

eldora_avalon
January 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Vincent is going to be very busy for a while. His daughter was injured in Iraq, in one of those roadside homemade bomb type attacks. First thing he has to do is build a wheelchair ramp so she can get into his house. She'll be staying there while she goes to physical therapy and tries to regain use of her legs. That will take about 6 months, if all goes well. He will also be remodeling the bathroom a bit, putting handrails in a couple of key places to help her get around in there. It's a good thing he already has a van, because her mom doesn't even have a car, so I don't know who would have been able to take her to and from physical therapy. I just wanted everyone around who doesn't get to other parts of MW to know Vincent is very upset and very busy right now.

We all teach our kids to walk, but no one should have to do that twice, as Vincent will have to do now.

PsyMoon
January 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Iraq?!?!?

Thats a terrible place to be these days.

It's sad when people have things like this happen to them because they we're fighting for people who when it's said and done would never go themselves or worse support the war when all it does is grind the good people of America down all to line the pockets of Halliburton's "Top Brass"...

Teresa
January 9th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Vincent is going to be very busy for a while. His daughter was injured in Iraq, in one of those roadside homemade bomb type attacks. First thing he has to do is build a wheelchair ramp so she can get into his house. She'll be staying there while she goes to physical therapy and tries to regain use of her legs. That will take about 6 months, if all goes well. He will also be remodeling the bathroom a bit, putting handrails in a couple of key places to help her get around in there. It's a good thing he already has a van, because her mom doesn't even have a car, so I don't know who would have been able to take her to and from physical therapy. I just wanted everyone around who doesn't get to other parts of MW to know Vincent is very upset and very busy right now.

We all teach our kids to walk, but no one should have to do that twice, as Vincent will have to do now.

Thanks for letting us know! Keeping him and his daughter in my thoughts and prayers! :hugz:

SilverClaw
January 9th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Keeping him and his daughter in my thoughts and prayers! :hugz: Me as well.

SammieAnn
January 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
:hugz: to Vincent and his family. I really hope his daughter recovers

Whitewolf
January 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Vincent.

Phoenix Blue
January 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
As a servicemember myself, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Felidae
January 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I am incredibly sorry to hear this, and my thoughts and hopes are with them both.

Any news since your original post, eldora?

Cassie
January 18th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Vincent certainly seems to have much more than his fair share of bad luck in recent times.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his daughter (who I hope makes a full and speedy recovery). :hugz:
I also hope he will be able to look in here from time to time. I enjoy reading his insights even when I don't agree or fully understand what he is getting at and I think a little bit of healthy on-line debate might be a welcome distraction for him at the moment.

Malcolm
January 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Suck.

Keep the faith man.

ShadowcatX
January 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I hate to hear that. Please pass my best wishes on to both VV and his daughter.

Keep me updated on their situation, ok?

H.P. Dolamite
January 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'll drink a white russuian for ya Vince.

Hang in there.

synaptyx
January 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Aw, crap!

Just read this thread. Thinking of you and your family V.

SSanf
January 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
First time I have seen this thread, too. Alas, he can't read it any more.

Merrilyn
January 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
First time I have seen this thread, too. Alas, he can't read it any more.

Maybe so, but someone else can pass on the well-wishes.
Here's to strength and recovery.

Tzhebee
January 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
The only update at this time is that the doctors are giving V's daughter a 30% chance to use her legs; but, neither of them are going to give up without one hell of a fight.

Messages are being passed on and Vincent appreciates your words.

Felidae
January 23rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
The only update at this time is that the doctors are giving V's daughter a 30% chance to use her legs; but, neither of them are going to give up without one hell of a fight.

Thank you for the update, Tzhebee.

I am keeping faith in the Verthaine spirit. If the doctors had factored that in, the percentage would be higher.

Still keeping them both in my thoughts. Still sending good energy!

Merrilyn
January 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM

Awesomeness. Thanks for passing them on.

eldora_avalon
January 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Sorry I haven't updated you guys, we had colds at my house, then as we were getting better we all got the flu. blech

So, there is a wheel chair ramp, hand rails inside, physical therapy is set, no thanks to the VA. Coming home disabled and not getting the care you need is just another hurdle. I forget the details about that. But, the doctors are giving her a 30% chance of walking again. I think she will, just because she is like her dad and he will be there for her. She will be home in about a month. Other than that I am not sure what is what. The story keeps changing slightly, which is to be expected when dealing with the military, plus I think she is trying to keep her dad from worrying too much all at once.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts and words. :cheers:

Felidae
January 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry I haven't updated you guys, we had colds at my house, then as we were getting better we all got the flu. blech

So, there is a wheel chair ramp, hand rails inside, physical therapy is set, no thanks to the VA. Coming home disabled and not getting the care you need is just another hurdle. I forget the details about that. But, the doctors are giving her a 30% chance of walking again. I think she will, just because she is like her dad and he will be there for her. She will be home in about a month. Other than that I am not sure what is what. The story keeps changing slightly, which is to be expected when dealing with the military, plus I think she is trying to keep her dad from worrying too much all at once.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts and words. :cheers:

eldora, I tried to give you a Thank You poke for the update, but my typing ability was overode by my Theraflu.

Anyway, thank you for the update.

ravenscape
January 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Will keep VV and his daugter in my thoughts and prayers.

ravenscape
April 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Eldora, have you heard anything recent from V? Hope things are progressing well for his daughter. Hope they're both hanging in there.

I think about them every time I visit MysticWicks.

Whitewolf
April 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. I hope they are both hanging in there.

Tzhebee
April 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
While I don't have an update, I just wanted to let you guys know that you can find Vincent over at The Grill (http://dolphin.esosoft.net/erisbarandgrill.com/forum/index.php) and I'm sure he'd be glad to give you an update. Eldora's been pretty busy and I'm not sure if she spends any time over here anymore.