PDA

View Full Version : Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA

Agaliha
January 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Has someone posted about this before? Hmm. I don't know how new it is. Oh, January 8th, 2007. I think. :2G:

A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of extraterrestrial life forms.
The non-coding sequences are common to all living organisms on Earth, from moulds to fish to humans. In human DNA, they constitute larger part of the total genome, says Prof. Sam Chang, the group leader. Non-coding sequences, originally known as "junk DNA", were discovered years ago, and their function remained a mystery. The overwhelming majority of Human DNA is “Off-world” in origin. The apparent “extraterrestrial junk genes” merely “enjoy the ride” with hard working active genes, passed from generation to generation. After comprehensive analysis with the assistance of other scientists, computer programmers, mathematicians, and other learned scholars, Professor Chang had wondered if the apparently “junk Human DNA” was created by some kind of “extraterrestrial programmer”. The alien chunks within Human DNA, Professor Chang further observes, “have its own veins, arteries, and its own immune system that vigorously resists all our anti-cancer drugs.”

For the rest of the article (it's long-ish) READ HERE (http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01288.html)

I still have to read the whole thing...I'm not sure how credible it all is, though as far as I know the Human Genome Project is pretty credible (right?).

danuwest
January 13th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Since I can't read the whole thing I'm left to wonder. What made them jump to the conclusion that the genes were "alien" in origin and not something that evolved here? We have no alien DNA to compare any part of human DNA to.

I have spoken to people who believe that human evolution was jump started by aliens, but they didn't really have any evidence other than "but we evolved so fast!" (bacteria evolve faster) and "we're so special!" (every creature in nature is special).

I'd like to read the article to see what evidence they really have. Guess I'll try some other time.

Lyrien
January 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Ya, I'd want to read more of the article before forming a concrete opinion.

However, I'm having a difficult time understanding why they think the DNA is of "off-world' origin when the article states....

The non-coding sequences are common to all living organisms on Earth

I'm all for the theory that there is life on other planets, and I can entertain the idea of aliens 'seeding' our planet; but from what is quoted of this article, I see no relation to ET. Just because ""junk DNA", were discovered years ago, and their function remained a mystery", doesn't mean it's from aliens. It just means that scientists haven't figure out what the hell it's all about.

Valnorran
January 13th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I've never heard of angora cosmopolitan. When this is published in Nature or a source of similar standing, I'll sit up and pay attention.

WokeUpDead
January 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
This sounds a little too Scientologist/2001ish

These “star seeds“, “star children” or “star people” are described by Brad and Francie Steiger as individuals whose ‘souls' were formally incarnated on the worlds of other star systems and then traveled to Earth and decided to incarnate here in order to “boost” the spiritual evolutionary development of humanity.

Xentor
January 13th, 2007, 05:35 PM
This seems a situation in which someone's wish leads their results.

Lorrie
January 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, this means I was right! I have always said I would find the answers to my genealogy brick walls when they publish spaceship ship lists! But, seriously, I agree with how do they identify this if they have nothing to compare it to, or, do they, maybe Roswell(sp) was a bit more than reported?

Zibblsnrt
January 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM
That article talks about the veins and arteries in alien DNA, thereby demonstrating that "Doctor" Chang doesn't know what DNA is.

The article's author is a liar and a fraud. Plain and simple.

Shanti
January 13th, 2007, 07:59 PM
The planet itself was formed from star dust!!
So everything on it came from star dust.
Where does star dust come from?
Out there!!!!! :)

Philosophia
January 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I don't think its as simple as what this author is stating. The human genome project seems a bit strange, though I have heard of it before.

The Human Genome Project (HGP) is a project to code the 3 billion nucleotides contained in the human genome and to identify all the genes present in it. There are currently two human genome projects: the first is the international HGP which is being produced by a group of international government bodies and organizations, and the second by a private company Celera Genomics. The "genome" of any given individual (except for identical twins, and cloned animals, though no human has ever been cloned) is unique; mapping "the human genome" involves sequencing multiple variations of each gene.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project

Some links on it:
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/home.shtml
http://www.genome.gov/
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/HGP/

Zibblsnrt
January 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I don't think its as simple as what this author is stating. The human genome project seems a bit strange, though I have heard of it before.

There's nothing strange at all about the HGP.

The strange thing is that the article's completely fabricating most of its content out of thin air. Nothing connected to the Human Genome Project has ever made these kinds of claims, nor will they because some of the claims they quote require astonishing lack of knowledge to even put forth, much less believe.

They made it up. It is a hoax; the opposite of a true statement.

Jolixte
January 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
False? In error? How many ways can you say it? :lol:

I agree, this is article is a joke.

Philosophia
January 13th, 2007, 08:26 PM
There's nothing strange at all about the HGP.

And I would disagree...I think there is something slightly strange about it.

The strange thing is that the article's completely fabricating most of its content out of thin air. Nothing connected to the Human Genome Project has ever made these kinds of claims, nor will they because some of the claims they quote require astonishing lack of knowledge to even put forth, much less believe.

I agree, never said otherwise.

Jolixte
January 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
And I would disagree...I think there is something slightly strange about it.
Maybe it's just because it's been mentioned so many times in various science classes and it no longer seems new to me, but I'm curious, what about it seems strange?

Philosophia
January 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Maybe it's just because it's been mentioned so many times in various science classes and it no longer seems new to me, but I'm curious, what about it seems strange?

I've heard it a lot as well. The strangeness I feel comes from the many groups of scientists will use it as a basis to prove their theories (and don't ask me for sources. I've just read about it via various articles, etc.). This article is just one of those (even though it is probably fake).

Jolixte
January 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I've heard it a lot as well. The strangeness I feel comes from the many groups of scientists will use it as a basis to prove their theories (and don't ask me for sources. I've just read about it via various articles, etc.). This article is just one of those (even though it is probably fake).

Oh, okay. :)

Elistariel
January 14th, 2007, 12:47 AM
It's BS, written by someone who needs to learn that wanting something to be true won't make it true.

Brightshores
January 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Er - in order to conclusively identify DNA as "alien," wouldn't one need actual aliens to compare it to?

Elistariel
January 14th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Found this, it's on that Asket chic in the pic: http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1998/may/m23-010.shtml
I remember seeing "photos" of her, this mentions them being frauds.