PDA

View Full Version : head injury help needed...

shnen
April 1st, 2002, 11:50 AM
OK, So my head was slammed into a door frame (by accident... I have no idea why drunk guys decide to pick up ladies), and ever since Friday night I have been living off of Advil and sleep, and I am now feeling really sick to my stomach, still have the brain pain.

I have had concussions before, but I don't remember (ironically) if I felt sick to my stomach.

Can anyone help? Even Info... I looked on WebMD and Medbroadcast and can't find anything.

Thanks.

Hope
April 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
PLEASE...go and be seen by a professional!

Sending you warm energy

love
hope

callalily
April 2nd, 2002, 09:42 AM
Yes, please: Go to the ER, your doctor, someone who's been trained in head injury. NOW.

Dellit Tandannon
April 2nd, 2002, 11:21 PM
concussions are very serious. the smart thing to do would to have a doctor look you over and rest for a while.

Topazz
April 3rd, 2002, 12:03 AM
Hey Shnen, I hope you've had a doctor check you out by now. I wasn't sure what the symptoms of concussion were so I did a search using Google.com. Here's what I found (just in case someone else takes a whap on the head):

CONCUSSION

Signs and symptoms
The signs and symptoms of a concussion include severe headache, dizziness, vomiting, increased size of one pupil or sudden weakness in an arm or leg. The person may seem restless, aggitated or irritable. Often, the person may have memory loss or seem forgetful. These symptoms may last for several hours to weeks, depending on the seriousness of the injury. Any period of loss of consciousness or amnesia of the head injury should be evaluated by a health-care professional. As the brain tissue swells, the person may feel increasingly drowsy or confused. If the person is difficult to awaken or passes out, medical attention should be sought immediately. This could be a sign of a more severe injury.

Lavender
April 3rd, 2002, 01:05 AM
Yup! Go see a doctor. It would be irresponsible for any of us to say otherwise. Let us know what the doc says, ok? Hope you're ok.

Chibi-Fallon
April 3rd, 2002, 02:28 AM
Yes, doctors are good with this sorta thing. ;)
And if you just lay around doing nothing your brain will atrophy and then it'll rattle around in your skull and bug you FOREVER! :D
Okay, I honestly have no idea where that came from. 8O I'm just twisted I guess. Very very twisted...

shnen
April 3rd, 2002, 05:36 PM
Ok... I'm getting better, it was just a bump on the noggin. I've had concussions before, but thanks for the conern.. I'm good!

And thanks for fining the definition CF! I looked everywhere and couldn't find it!

Xander67
April 3rd, 2002, 06:30 PM
Shnen

Concussions are not to be toyed with...
If you have had one before and you bumped your head again,
It is better to be safe then sorry, Even if you are feeling better,
the thing about concussions is you can pass out or something without notice, days after an injury,

Please go get it looked at, for your own peace of mind :)
and mine..:)

please be on the safe side!

shnen
April 3rd, 2002, 07:56 PM
oh it's ok... I'm gumby... I've had so many accidents it's not funny... I'll be fine, tell you what, if it still hurts say... when I move I'll have it looked at...

I've ad them before... and I'm not too sleepy like that last ones... it just hurts. that's all... just a noggin bumper!
Do not fear... I will be fine...

go see a doctor....bleah! :sick: ;)

Myst
April 3rd, 2002, 08:31 PM
You do know the problem could make itself known later right?

You do know that nausea is not a normal symptom for a "bump on the noggin", right?

Honestly, I can't believe how many people post here about what they should do about a "bump on the head".

Go see a doctor already! That's not hard to figure out! I mean I realize some people don't like seeing one, but would you rather chance being unconscious and in the ER next time you do? At least call your doctor! Don't you care that you might have internal bleeding or worse?

I'm sorry if this seems harsh but I don't want you to disappear from MW one day when you pass out at the keyboard or have an aneurism!

shnen
April 3rd, 2002, 08:40 PM
you know what... I'll be fine don't worry... if it bugs me enough I'll go wait in line for 7 hours at my doctors clinic....

I apprecaite all your advice... really! but if it annoys me enough, i'll go - PROMISE! :)

Lavender
April 4th, 2002, 03:24 AM
shnen, don't wait until it "bothers" you enough. It might be too late by then. You really should get it looked at. It is possible that you might have a slight fracture too.

Topazz
April 4th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Shnen, I have to agree with the others here. A few years ago a couple of my neighbors got into a fight and one knocked the other down and kicked him in the head, and two days later he was dead from a brain anurism. Ok, I know a kick in the head is probably harder than your bump was, but still this is your brain we're talking about, eh? Better safe than sorry I think. Please talk to the doctor at least.

Myst
April 5th, 2002, 03:35 PM
There should be a new rule for Healthy Pagan - don't ask for advice if you have no intention of taking it :D :lol:

Topazz
April 5th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Oh dear No! Don't complicate things Myst. I like the One God ~ One Rule concept.

:) :T :lol: :T :lol: :T :)

shnen
April 5th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Myst
There should be a new rule for Healthy Pagan - don't ask for advice if you have no intention of taking it :D :lol:

Myst as I recall I was asking for info on the topic... not so much advice... but now I know I won't be asking either anymore...

Myst
April 5th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Oh gee that should be

"There should be a new rule for Healthy Pagan - don't ask for info if you have no intention of taking it" :D :lol:

I am teasing you know :p

shnen
April 5th, 2002, 10:27 PM
ok... I was just making sure you weren't serious...:):D

Chibi-Fallon
April 5th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Well now I know you did something to your brain. You asked us people and didn't expect any advice. ;) Rush yourself to the ER stat!

shnen
April 6th, 2002, 12:23 AM
:T :T :T

Oridian
April 18th, 2002, 04:13 PM
It has been a while since you started this thread and any acute issues of your injury have probably resolved by now but in the future please take a head injury like that seriously. If your knock on the noggin had caused a hemorage( and there is a good chance that it could or did) the serious effects often to not manifest until days later.

I hope that you are well now but if you are still having any problems that may be a result of your injury it may not be a bad idea to get it checked out. God bless...

shnen
April 18th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Thanks Oridian,
i still get some weird feelings where it was hit, but it seems to be subsiding.

I am paying close attention to it... :)

Thanks.

Starry Di
April 23rd, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by shnen
Thanks Oridian,
i still get some weird feelings where it was hit, but it seems to be subsiding.

I am paying close attention to it... :)

Thanks.

Did you ever go to see that doctor? :$

shnen
April 24th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Shnen went to see a doctor this morning.

She has a 2nd grade concussion and is going to get a CTScan and has an appointment with a neurologist.

Please think positive thoughts for her:)

Flaire-FireStar
April 24th, 2002, 02:02 PM
((((((((((Shnen))))))))))))

Am doing so..Hope it's nothing really REALLY serious. (Not good w/ medical stuffs)

shnen
April 24th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Ohhh... sorry, didn't realize I said that whole thing in the 3rd person! :lol:
(((flaire))) thanks sweetie:)

Xander67
April 24th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Have a candle lit for the Shnenz and sending her all my thoughts
and healing energy...

:heartthro :heartthro :heartthro :heartthro :heartthro
me kiss Shnen's head and make her feel better :smooch:

Lavender
April 25th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Keep us updated, Shnen! :(

Flaire-FireStar
April 25th, 2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by shnen
Ohhh... sorry, didn't realize I said that whole thing in the 3rd person! :lol:
(((flaire))) thanks sweetie:)

When the sillies come out of the sillies....Will light a candle for the Shnen...:)

shnen
April 25th, 2002, 06:48 AM
thank you everyone... :)
no call yet about the CTScan appt... :ugh:

shnen
April 26th, 2002, 07:17 PM
just to let you know - monday at 9:20 am is when I have me CT Scan... one step closer :)

Lavender
April 27th, 2002, 12:37 AM
Fingers & toes are crossed for you! :)

Flaire-FireStar
April 27th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Shnen knows Flaire is always thinkin about her....:) ((((((((Shnen)))))))

Would be there in an instant for ya

shnen
May 1st, 2002, 09:50 AM
Had scan, due to moving have no phone, not till later tonight... waiting for response now...

Lavender
May 9th, 2002, 02:41 PM
And? Any news yet?

shnen
May 9th, 2002, 08:19 PM
I called the clinic yesterday, and it takes up to 2 weeks for results... :( so Monday at the latest I guess. They said they would call no matter what. I promise to let you know as soon as I find out... I ahve to admit, I am a bit nervous...

Lavender
May 9th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Fingers & toes are still crossed for you! :thumbsup:

shnen
May 10th, 2002, 06:39 AM
((((Wildchild)))) Thanks:)

Rubi Waters
May 11th, 2002, 06:48 PM
shnen know i will be thinking of you when you get the results. remember to let us know sweetie!

shnen
May 12th, 2002, 02:44 PM
No word yet Rubi, i think it'll be tomorrow... it better be tomorrow :mad:

Danustouch
May 12th, 2002, 05:51 PM
I hope it turns out ok for you. Goodness, we have some very bright people here at Mysticwicks, who give VERY good advice..now don't we??? heheh

Oridian
May 13th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Two weeks to get CT results!!! That seems very wrong to me. Just as bad or worse that you had to wait as long as you did to get the CT.

And here i was under the impression that the Canadian medical machine worked smoothly with timely care.

It just boggles my mind.

shnen
May 13th, 2002, 11:34 PM
well, i guess they figure if I've had it this long it can't kill me, so it's not a huge prioity, and the reasults have to be sent from the hospital back to the clinic...

our healthceare system is ok... at least most of it is free...:)
I racked up a $7000 US medical bill in vegas, thank the goddess for insurance through my work:)

oh, and STILL no word... :mad:

shnen
June 20th, 2002, 01:07 PM
i promised i'd keep you all updated, so here it is.
I went to the clinic and they preceeded to tell me that they cancelled the appointment. So now I have to wait til Aug. 1.

Sorry its not better than that.. oh, and my above comment about our helthcare, scratch that, cuz of government cuts it now sucks.... obviously. :rolleyes: :mad::(

Illuminatus
June 20th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Funny that this thread is still here.

A few days ago, my girlfriend was laughing at work, and she tossed her head back and hit it against a cement wall. She started vomiting later, and of course had a headache and blurry vision, but she managed to drive home. When she still wasn't feeling well, she called 911 and took an ambulance to the hospital. Yeah, they made her wait 6 hours in the emergency room, but she saw a doctor, got a cat scan, and was out by 8:30. She had a minor concussion, but no permanent damage. I don't know what it cost, but ER visits are $50 under my insurance plan, with the ambulance ride probably another $50.

I am beginning to see that the US's healthcare system may not be quite as broken as I thought it was, at least in comparison to your trials shenn.

- Ill

Lavender
June 20th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah, we used to have an excellent health system. Nowadays, you're better off being a whale if you need any health care. :rolleyes:

Flaire-FireStar
June 20th, 2002, 03:33 PM
*sigh* You saw that story on the news too, Wildchild? Ugh.. It's true though!

(((((Shnen)))))

shnen
June 20th, 2002, 07:26 PM
thanks guys... you think that a head injury would be treated better, oh well... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? :rolleyes: