PDA

View Full Version : Liber Al and Aradia?

morganxpage
January 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, this is a weird one, but it struck me the other day how there are some interesting parallels between Liber AL and Aradia, or The Gospel of the Witches by Charles Godfry Leland. The cosmology in both deals with two "parents" (Nuit & Hadith // Diana & Lucifer) and their "child" (Horus // Aradia). Both deal with the coming of the child-god, who is a God of Vengence (Aradia comes to Earth to "teach the art of poisoning"). Both are very much concerned with destroying the bourgeoisie. The two parents are a Moon Goddess and a Sun God in Aradia, and, obviously, a Star Goddess and a Sun God in Liber AL; in both the parents represent the two primary creative forces.

Hmm.. maybe I'm just reading too much Qabalah and seeing connections that don't exist. http://www.lashtal.com/nuke/modules/PNphpBB2/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Xentor
January 18th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Nah, the connection exists, but both need to be changed to fit our specific kind of decadence.

morganxpage
January 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Nah, the connection exists, but both need to be changed to fit our specific kind of decadence.

Really? I quite like them how they are. ;)