PDA

View Full Version : Can you please spare a minute to read this?

Nect
April 2nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
K, this isn't some ad, as far as I know. I was passed this e-mail and thought posting it here may reach a few who didn't get it in their mail and would want to help. Here is the e-mail exactly as I received it:

Have you ever searched for something through ariadnespider.com, or set up a homepage at paganvillages.com? Do you send ecards or mail from paganetwork.net or paganmail.com? Have you ever
ordered a spell from spellkit.com? Do you know any teens that use teenpagan.com? All these websites and more are owned by
Pagan Corp (www.pagancorp.com), which is bankrupt. On April 15th, it will be beyond the company's control, and beyond rescue.

Pagan Corp has done a LOT of work to set up these domains and turn them into high profile sites in the Pagan community that help
us as well as others by setting the record straight on what paganism is all about. Please don't let all their hard work go down the drain!

These assets *MUST* be removed from the company before the close of the tax session on April 15th. The sites are currently up for auction to everybody in the Pagan community; however, a large Christian group will take possession of all 12 sites if we are unable to keep them within the community. This group wants
the sites b/c they have have a large pagan following and very high traffic.

PLEASE don't let this happen! Please do whatever you can to help! Even if you can't afford to buy the sites, you might know
someone who can. Even if it takes a large group of us to all join
together in order to purchase the sites, we've GOT to prevail and
keep these sites in our Community! So *please* post this
to every pagan list you're on, and send it to ANYBODY you know who might be interested.

http://www.auctionwitch.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=misc7&item=1017969462

Myst
April 2nd, 2002, 10:41 PM
Incidentally I edited your post to fix the URL (for some reason it wasn't working).

And if I had $501 I'd jump on this opportunity

Chibi-Fallon
April 3rd, 2002, 12:43 AM
Makes me wish I had money. :(

Myst
July 10th, 2002, 06:54 AM
You know I searched for an hour trying to find this thread to see what domain names were up for sale and if they still are.. the auction link doesn't work anymore and some of the names mentioned in the post are still around so I guess not :)

mol
July 10th, 2002, 10:11 AM
All they would have to do is keep the domain names registered and the 'christian' groups couldnt gobble them up.

Well, I was going to look into buying them out, but since I cant seem to find any info on it anywhere...I guess not.

mol
July 10th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Wait a minute!

Our friends at Sanfords.net have already bought everything up. How old is that email?!

manstranger
July 10th, 2002, 10:53 AM
It was likely received in march or april, guessing but the post time.

mol
July 10th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Damn necro's.

Myst
July 10th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Duh heads.

Wyrdsister
July 10th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Wow. Too bad their site design sucks the big one. Someone should explain the concept of 'web site navigation' to them. *sigh*

Wyrdsister