PDA

View Full Version : Krisna and Christ Consciousness

Aum
January 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Are Krishna and Christ consciousness the same? and could Krishna and Christ be the same being or soul?

BenSt
January 25th, 2007, 12:33 AM
FORUM GUIDE MODE

Moving this thread to the Eastern paths Forum.

Aum
January 25th, 2007, 12:50 AM
is christ considered eastern?

I suppose christ "consciousness" may be??

BenSt
January 25th, 2007, 01:31 AM
I moved it here because it had to do with Krishna and Christ. I think you could get a view of what Christ is, but there are a few good people who may be able to give you some answers and opinion who frequent this forum. that is if they feel so inclined to.

Myself I think I see the idea of Christ Consciousness, that is getting down to the bare basics of love and compassion to be pretty universal. I mean there are a lot of things that krishna taught that Jesus Christ did not. Krishna teaches the strong points of duty and Dharma, and also the role of people in the world. When Krishna teaches about love, and love for God... it is similar in some ways to Christ's message... in some ways.

There is an old saying in India, basicly stating that Jesus was Vishnu's western avatar. the idea that Jesus' basic messages were intune with the tolerant and love aspects of Hinduism that he could have been an incarnation of Vishnu/Krishna.

kotu
April 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Are Krishna and Christ consciousness the same?
basically

and could Krishna and Christ be the same being or soul?
possibly although they are definitely both part of the great white brotherhood of ascended masters

BenSt
April 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
basically

possibly although they are definitely both part of the great white brotherhood of ascended masters

Great White brotherhood of ascended masters??

kotu
April 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Great White brotherhood of ascended masters??
That is a question, but I'm not really sure what you want to know! Lol

plumedsnake
April 15th, 2007, 02:07 PM
That is a question, but I'm not really sure what you want to know! Lol

I think that he wants to know what you mean about great white brotherhood etc, who are they and where are they etc. Is it a race thing or can black people join? etc

However what I want to know is what do we mean by Christ consciousness. And secondly what is the defination of Krishna consciousness. I have an idea of what I mean when I say christ but I'm not sure that is what you mean. The love bit fits though.

kotu
April 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I think that he wants to know what you mean about great white brotherhood etc, who are they and where are they etc. Is it a race thing or can black people join? etc

However what I want to know is what do we mean by Christ consciousness. And secondly what is the defination of Krishna consciousness. I have an idea of what I mean when I say christ but I'm not sure that is what you mean. The love bit fits though.
The Great White Brotherhood is the collective name given to the 'masters' or the universe... Christ, Buddha, Archangel Michael, Krishna, Archangels, Angels etc. The 'white' part refers to their angelic or spiritual nature. They reside in 'heaven' but reincarnate from time to time.

Christ consciousness or Krishna consciousness refers to the enlightened state where you are aware not only of yourself but of the entire universe. Various sources may disagree on this (ie. may say Christ and Krishna consciousness are different) but that's what I think of it as.

kotu
April 16th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Anyone who wants to learn more about these guys and gals might want to look at channeled material but be sure to divide the wheat from the chaff (use your intuition)

Paracelsus
April 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
One might also want to consider what Krishna Consciousness means within the traditions of the east, rather than blithely giving one's own definition. After all - that is what ISKCON stands for - International Society for Krishna Consciousness; and in this context it has a specific meaning. The devotee seeks to become conscious of Krishna (i.e. to have Krishna in one's mind all the time). To use a common analogy from Bhakti - think of how you feel when you are in love with someone, particularly in that first flush of passion - you think about them all the time, they are constantly in your thoughts, everything reminds you of them. Bhakti marga seeks to induce a similar level of perpetual consciousness of Krishna.
There is, in fact, a similar practice in Christianity - that of the Jesus Prayer in the Russian Orthodox church, where the mantra like prayer "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner", is repeated so frequently that it begins to run, like a perpetual loop. The similarities are however, pretty superficial. If you want to go down the ascended masters route, then yes, I wouldn't be at all suprised if you draw the conclusion that there are great similarities between Krishna and Jesus - but I think that you are in danger of diminishing two very wonderful, powerful, and distinct traditions.
BB