PDA

View Full Version : intuition or just silly?



*ULA*
April 12th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Merry Meet all-!

I was just wondering about intuition vs. plain-ol-weirdism.

For example, my father has a friend and whenever I'm around him I get very bad vibes.. I just cannot feel comfortable around this man!

He's never done anything to me, and he's actually been pretty polite-!

Is this a sixth-sense warning bell or just me being paranoid?

BB, ULA

crystal_night
April 12th, 2001, 12:09 AM
I too have had this feeling about people, ever since I was a small child. It was usually an instant like/dislike when I met someone, or just a plain I-need-to-watch-this-one kind of feeling.
Sometimes it proves to be wrong but other times it proves to be right.
My husband thinks that I am just a picky person and at first we would have arguments because I didn't like someone and he would say I never gave them a chance.
Sometimes I am very stand-offish because I want to figure out WHY this person effects me in a certain way. Is it the way the can't look you in the eye? Or even look at you at all while they are talking? Is it the way they talk to you? (the tone of their voice, do they treat you as an ignorant and inferior being, etc).
I have always been a listener and an observor. People's actions and emotions rarely escape me and so my judgements are usually based on this.

rantnraven
April 12th, 2001, 02:34 AM
I have learned from personal experience to go with that initial gut feeling. Safer that way.

RnR

reanna
April 12th, 2001, 02:55 AM
I find that when I listen to that little voice....... it doesn't steer me wrong.On occassion when my mind thought that it knew better and told me to ignore the little voice(kinda like a pluto cartoon) *grin
it has been trouble.
So, I don' think it's wierdism at all. It is why we were given them.

:)

bluecat
April 12th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Go with what your feelings tell you ... the little voice is there for a reason!! Ignoring it can and often does end in a bad way.

And Well Met! There are plenty of comfy couch/chair thingies and have a glass of lemonade. :cool:

Blue :cool:

Monkey
April 12th, 2001, 03:52 PM
I always trust my feelings when it comes to new people. I used to think it was because I am shy, but have since learned. I am not rude to them if I get bad vibes, just keep my guard up around them. My daughter recently brought home a new friend who I instantly got bad vibes from. I tried to tell her be careful around this one, but she thought I was just being mom. It turns out my daughter got arrested (nothing major but) because of this friend. Where is the friend now? Who knows she's not around. I also don't trust many people and recently met a friend who for some reason I decided to confide in, just got the good vibes. He turned out to be a great friend (one of very few who actually still talk to me since my husband and I separated). I am very glad I went with my feelings on this one too.

rantnraven
April 12th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Monkey
I always trust my feelings when it comes to new people. I used to think it was because I am shy, but have since learned. I am not rude to them if I get bad vibes, just keep my guard up around them. My daughter recently brought home a new friend who I instantly got bad vibes from. I tried to tell her be careful around this one, but she thought I was just being mom. It turns out my daughter got arrested (nothing major but) because of this friend. Where is the friend now? Who knows she's not around. I also don't trust many people and recently met a friend who for some reason I decided to confide in, just got the good vibes. He turned out to be a great friend (one of very few who actually still talk to me since my husband and I separated). I am very glad I went with my feelings on this one too.

I'll talk to you, too, Monkey. Hope you don't have bad vibes about me. Not like I'm half way around the world anyway :D

RnR

Monkey
April 12th, 2001, 04:09 PM
Thanks rant. I don't get bad vibes from you either. Actually the vibes I get usually come from lookin people in the eyes (which was hard to do for a long time being very shy). Something about peoples eyes, you can just tell. 'sides the fact that we're quite a distance apart hehe

rantnraven
April 12th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Monkey
Thanks rant. I don't get bad vibes from you either. Actually the vibes I get usually come from lookin people in the eyes (which was hard to do for a long time being very shy). Something about peoples eyes, you can just tell. 'sides the fact that we're quite a distance apart hehe

Eyes are blue and rather honest. And yes, Vermont is quite a ways away. 'sides I would do no one any wrong. Just not in me, I guess.

As soon as I have a pic, I'll post it. I've just always been the guy on the other side of the camera.

BB,
Rant

Monkey
April 12th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Harm none, words to live by. Me too. Not worth the trouble doin anyone wrong, besides that it always comes back to you.

Honest blue eyes and you're still prowlin? Sup with that? Just pickin, no offense intended.

I am the one on the other side of the camera too, like it that way. I will be watchin for your pic though.

rantnraven
April 12th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Monkey
Honest blue eyes and you're still prowlin? Sup with that? Just pickin, no offense intended.

None taken. Yes, honest blue eyes. Just not in any hurry to get involved in another relationship. Got friends I hang out with but... Well, just not in any hurry.

RnR

Monkey
April 12th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Can certainly understand the not in a hurry deal. Being recently separated (it's been about a year) I'm at the once bitten, twice shy stage. I have friends but don't go out much. It still feels wierd when I do go out dancing with friends, I guess I'll get used to it. I still enjoy having a few friends over though. I have had a few guys ask me out just for a movie or whatever, I politely decline, just feels wierd. My kids 18 and 14 tell me I should get out more. hehe I thought they'd be the ones to give me a hard time.

BrightStar
April 13th, 2001, 04:24 AM
Hi all!
I say go with your intuition,it's usually right.Not weird.
And just because you're paranoid,it doesn't mean everybody is not out to get you!
Rain BrightStar

Elaine
April 18th, 2001, 11:29 PM
in my experience whenever i would get that bad vibe about someone it was always right......a guy at work I had bad vibes about.....gets fired and we find out later that he lied on his application and has a list of warrants and felonies and major crimes in his background....

a friend of my dads....never trusted him....he ended up putting something in my dad's drink once and my dad was really sick for like a week or so

another of my dads friends (his friends are ALL winners let me tell you), bad vibe towards him, him and his wife have a kid, the kid is like 3 or 4 months old ....she finds handprints on the poor thing after she comes home from the gym one day.....

ALWAYS TRUST YOUR GUT INSTINCT....IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!!

sherry
April 19th, 2001, 12:22 AM
I rely on intuition often in my job, and the Drs I work closest with tell me they hate it when I call asking for certain blood tests or X-rays just because I had a feeling !!
a few have actually come to the nursing home to meet me (I work nights and don't often meet them in person)
but it is nice to know they don't think I am crazy when I tell them I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong but something is truly wrong with this person. when I make these calls it is after the intuition thing has about drove me crazy.
I never wanted to be a nurse but when I am right I understand why I am.

freya
April 19th, 2001, 04:14 PM
i have to say that i have learned thru my own experiences to trust my intuitions. i knew a guy(not very well) for years. i went to school with him. no one ever had a bad thing to say about him. he was known as shy and reserved, but we had many friends in common. he was always nice, funny and polite. about three years ago, he stopped by my house one night. i had a history of two "toxic" relatinships. (the only two i had ever involved myself in) i got bad vibes from him then, but thought it was only because i was closing myself off. i ignored them. he had been released from alcohol rehab, and was recovering. i thought it was fine, because i don't drink and he had quit. i still had that vouce telling me to stay away though. a year into the relationship, i was living with him, and was attending nursing school on the weekends. i came home one day early from school ( he was watching my son, who worshipped him) and he had drank a fifth of vodka, passed out, threw up all over him self, and still had not woke up.
i packed up some clothes, my son and i took him to my moms. rented my own house with my paycheck, went back to the house to get the rest of my belongings. he had awaken, drunk and crazy, locked me in the bathroom (luckily i had left the phone in there)
i had to call the police to get out of the house. when they arrived he told them he would slit me from ear to ear and my son as well to make us pay for what he had done.
content to leave all that i owned, and had worked hard for and keep my well being and my son's as well, i got a restraining order, hopped on a bus after hiding my son, and i moved. he had tried to find me, harrasing my family, and friends. he then took his own life three and one half months after i left him. his family (of course hurt and greif stricken) tried to blame me. however, he was sick, and i know this and i also know that i am not responsible for his actions. i feel empathy but no guilt.
and i learned a very valuable lesson. trust my self over anything. my own poor judgement could have cost more than replacable material objects!!! if you feel a cirtain way, trust that!!!


also on the subject, i recently moved into our town house. as soon as we were unpacked i did my normal blessing/cleansing/protection that i always do for our new home.
however, i still felt the negative impressions of those who loved here before me. i started getting crabby, and sad. then there were dreams of a vicious man on drugs, needles, and a scared lady. a few weeks later a letter cme in the mail for the previous renter from a drug/domestic abuse center.
any suggestions on how to remove these harsh negative imprints from this place?
thanx, and blessed be!

Elaine
April 20th, 2001, 12:58 AM
freya-I don't have any help for you as getting rid of the vibes as I am new to Paganism, but I just wanted to say that I hope all is well for you and your son...that must have been a very difficult time...I don't know what I'd do......You are right to not feel guilt...good for you! A lot of people would let the family get to them and start feeling down on themselves! You seem like a very strong person! Good luck with those vibes....Blessed Be!

freya
April 20th, 2001, 05:31 PM
thank you for your words of kindness.
things are very well now, thank you.
blessed be!

Elaine
April 21st, 2001, 06:17 PM
I'm very glad to hear that.....you are very welcome and blessed be!:D

idusty88
May 7th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by freya
i recently moved into our town house. as soon as we were unpacked i did my normal blessing/cleansing/protection that i always do for our new home. however, i still felt the negative impressions of those who loved here before me. i started getting crabby, and sad. then there were dreams of a vicious man on drugs, needles, and a scared lady. a few weeks later a letter cme in the mail for the previous renter from a drug/domestic abuse center. any suggestions on how to remove these harsh negative imprints from this place?
Cleanse again, lots of sage, and if you have any like minded friends enlist their help to raise a cone of power and use it to banish these 'leftovers'. After the purge, fill it back up with positive energy how ever you see fit.

Alphyna
May 20th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Sometimes in my experience, I have found it to be a warning that needs to be listened to, and other times it was just energy that clashed. We all vibrate to different levels, numbers, colors, etc...and some people just clash, with no apparent reason.or Could be you have known this person in a past life, and you were hurt by this person. Or perhaps you hurt this person. There are infinite possibilities, and these aren't even a handful! The thing here to remember is energy.
Smiles to all, Alphyna

Eveningthief
May 28th, 2001, 09:33 AM
I alway try to listen to my intuition. Even when meeting new people or when dealing with life situations in general. It has rarely steered me wrong.

Dria El
June 5th, 2001, 03:38 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've ignored my intuition and how many times I've been VERY SORRY I did. Listen to your intuition. It could save your life.

Apotheosis
June 5th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Intuition good.
Paranoia bad.

Learning when to listen is the most important part. I wait for my subconcious to come up and whack by concious pretty hard before I get actually concerned. I know people who take it as a "bad vibe" when someone else is only having a "bad day". With my criteria, while I still feel their negativity, I don't get concerned about it.

Semele
June 8th, 2001, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by sherry
I rely on intuition often in my job, and the Drs I work closest with tell me they hate it when I call asking for certain blood tests or X-rays just because I had a feeling !!
a few have actually come to the nursing home to meet me (I work nights and don't often meet them in person)
but it is nice to know they don't think I am crazy when I tell them I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong but something is truly wrong with this person. when I make these calls it is after the intuition thing has about drove me crazy.
I never wanted to be a nurse but when I am right I understand why I am.

AMEN Sister!!! It's even funner with the residents. YOu mean you would order a set of blood gases on this vent kiddo??? Uh maybe so Doc!!!