PDA

View Full Version : WoW Woes

ShadowcatX
February 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
I bought WoW and BC and installed them Friday, but my BC authorization code wouldn't work, so I figured I was mistyping it and so I went to sleep and tried it again and turns out someone is already using the code that is on my disk. (I have not let anyone else borrow or even see it so that's not the problem.)

I sent an e-mail to Blizzard and am trying to work it out with them but so far their response has been to take it back to where I bought it. Unfortunately I bought it at Wal-mart and they won't exchange it without the reciept, which I don't possess. (I was moving and it got mixed in, it may still be found.)

So I'm curious, has anyone else had any problems with WoW or BC and if so was it generally sorted out to your satisfaction? They claim to be dedicated to customer service but I'm not so sure I trust 'em. Also, any advice would be appreciated.

enchancea
February 22nd, 2007, 06:20 AM
I just bought WOW and ive been having nothing but problems. First whenever I tried to create a account I got an error on their website that took about 3hrs to go away. Now they arent accepting my credit card and I tried calling all day but it said they were closed for a meeting.

ShadowcatX
February 22nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Their customer support has been helpful so far, you may consider sending them an e-mail, they're letting me mail my cd slip in (that has my code on it) and giving me a new code. Try e-mailing their customer service group.

But it does seem that there has been a large number of problems with their services, I've noticed they've had to take servers down twice and the server I was on crashed once and I've only been playing the game since Saturday. . .

Gwenhwyfar
February 22nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
wow support is awsome, Iv had nothing but good fast responses. Im sure they'll give you a new account number or somthing...are you sure you didnt type the number in and its you thats already using the code? Have you tried signing in and seeing if you can roll one of the new bloodelves? Was the card scratched when you pulled it out of the box?

If it comes down to walmart, Id go to the CS counter and cause a scene... " your telling me that your staff can use these game codes and then sell the game to unsuspecting customers??!" is what Id go with...

ShadowcatX
February 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
wow support is awsome, Iv had nothing but good fast responses. Im sure they'll give you a new account number or somthing...are you sure you didnt type the number in and its you thats already using the code? Have you tried signing in and seeing if you can roll one of the new bloodelves? Was the card scratched when you pulled it out of the box?

No, the disks weren't scratched, but the box had a slight bit of damage to it, I suspect someone opened it up, wrote down the code, and closed it back up. Not hard to do at all. And they are giving me a new account number, I've just got to mail it in.

But yes, I've checked the code is not working, no access to bloodelves or jewelcrafting.

If it comes down to walmart, Id go to the CS counter and cause a scene... " your telling me that your staff can use these game codes and then sell the game to unsuspecting customers??!" is what Id go with...

I called walmart and talked to them, and considered making a scene but it just goes against my natural tendancies and so I'd rather not. Thanks for the suggestion though.

AstralMoth
February 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Blizzards USA division has really good customer support (if a little slow), The Euro branch is another story altogether though, Theirs is a joke.

Keldra
February 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Actually, my experience has been the opposite -- I've had nothing but great experiences with WoW EU support, but WoW US support has been terrible when I've contacted it (I had two accounts, one American and one European, originally). I think that it probably depends on who you get to handle your complaint, though. If you're not getting anywhere with it, then just ask to talk to someone else. Hopefully you'll get someone who has their head screwed on... eventually. ;)

Kalika
March 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Blizzard is generally pretty good if you keep on them. That's the key though... keeping on them. Make sure you explain the whole situation and that you would like a new code - give them your current code, offer to fax a copy of the UPC for verification, whatever.... they should be able to give you a new code.

Greybird
March 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
I called walmart and talked to them, and considered making a scene but it just goes against my natural tendancies and so I'd rather not. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Don't make a scene - being aggressive doesn't achieve anything except shutting the other side down completely. Go in in person and ask to speak directly to a manager. Explain the situation (keeping in mind that he may not even know what a reg code is, or that it is unique and not reusable.) If you don't get a respectable answer, go to a different Wal-Mart.