PDA

View Full Version : Topic Discussion - Intercepted and Duplicated Signs

KEishin
February 22nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
(This post is copyrighted and not be reproduced without written permission)

These sound incredibly confusing and difficult but really intercepted signs don’t have to be mystifying at all. I get a lot of questions about this, so here’s the basic knowledge I’ve gleaned over time. Read on!

First, I need go into a little math and geometry to explain why they happen. You can skip this part if you wish (Though why you’d not want to know is beyond me.) It shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Earth is roughly round and is wider at the equator than at the poles. In order to figure out where one is exactly on the earth at any time, you need to plot your three-dimensional location in space. Houses (and their systems) are ways of dividing that space. Astrologers look at the ecliptic (the imaginary plane which the planets move as seen from the Earth against the backdrop of the sky) the horizon (where the sky and ground meet) the meridians (the longitude lines) and the equator (latitude line). (See the attached diagram). As each of those planes intersect, we get the different sensitive points at those intersections called by astrologers the Ascendant, Midheaven, Vertex, etc. Each of these is really a pair of points – the Ascendant can’t exist without a Descendant, or a MC without an IC. These points are the source of the cusps, or borders of each house. There are many different house systems but I’m not going to get into the formulas, benefits and drawbacks of each of them here. In short, an astrologer must find the location of the Ascendant and Midheaven before the rest of the cusp locations can be found. They take the leftover space and basically subdivide it.

Closer to the equator the AC and MC axes are more evenly spaced, but due to the distortion of the earth, as the latitude increases, the space between the AC and MC grows or shrinks dramatically. This can cause houses that are greater than 30° to appear. Since each sign is exactly 30°, this causes those wider houses to fully contain all the degrees of a pair of signs. (Like the other sensitive points, interceptions must exist in pairs.) The horoscope is symmetrical. There are twelve signs and twelve houses so there has to be one sign at the beginning of every house. In order to balance the chart there must be a pair of duplicated signs, or signs that cover more than two house cusps elsewhere in the chart. (See diagram of an intercepted chart)

Okay, the math and diagrams are done.

Intercepted signs basically are showing that the chart is out of balance. Part of its energy is locked inside a house, not on the outside where it can be active. Then the duplicated add TOO MUCH energy for a particular sign which throws things further out of balance. This makes it difficult to say the least. The person who owns the chart will find it hard, if not impossible to express the intercepted energies but extremely easy to express the duplicated signs. It helps to remember that houses show how we deal with our external life and the signs and planets with our approach to those matters. The solution to intercepted signs is to work with their dispositors and those of the duplicated signs. It makes the most sense for me to work with the signs in pairs, so I will start with the intercepted signs, and then move onto the duplicated signs.

While these signs have serious oomph in a chart, please make sure to check their dispositors and the rest of the chart to see if other indications contradict this general information.

Interceptions:

Aries/Libra: Aries is aggressive and independent, while Libra is cooperative and charming. Normally Aries likes to take action, but when intercepted will often be thwarted in its attempts. Since Pisces is on the cusp of the house containing Aries, it’s much easier for that person to spend their time dreaming about what they want to do then going and doing it. Eventually they must act and when they do . . . whoo boy. All that pent up energy simply explodes out and they give 150% in whatever they are doing, without a thought to consequences or planning. Because of this polarity, the person with intercepted Aries is often afraid to do anything, including assert themselves. “But the last time I tried, I got in trouble for working too hard.” On the other side is Libra, a sign that desires equality. So what does that mean? Well, in short there is no equality for an intercepted Libra. For example, intercepted Libra in the 4th could mean trouble being treated by their family as equals; in the 7th house it would be relationships. Since Virgo is on the cusp of the house containing Libra it very easy for that person to become the servant (Virgo is the sign of servitude) or to expect others to be their servants. It depends on the rest of the chart.

Taurus/Scorpio: Taurus is about what one values and their possessions, whereas Scorpio is about getting rid of the stuff you no longer need. When the Taurus/Scorpio axis is intercepted, this is the person who never throws anything away. With Aries on the house intercepting Taurus, it’s very easy to start things in the particular house. For example, with Taurus intercepted in the 8th, it may be very easy to go get loans, but they may not be so good about paying them back! This must mean that Scorpio is intercepted in the 2nd house, so good old ‘sweep-all-the-nasty-stuff-under-the-rug’ Libra will prefer that the things they own be pretty and stylish, so may buy and buy to feed that desire and end up going into bankruptcy. Libra loathes making a scene, so even if they’re in trouble, they’d never say anything. The Scorpio talent for confronting and ending things that no longer work is broken, so they just keep going in the negative spiral.

Gemini/Sagittarius: both of these signs are about communication and learning, and when intercepted, this is where the difficulty is felt. Gemini likes details, whereas Sagittarius is content with generalizations. The two need each other so as not to get lost in either the proverbial forest or the trees. When intercepted this natural symmetry is broken. Gemini by house will gather all sorts of useless information, and Sagittarius is unable to help this person discriminate the insignificant and the important. Taurus rules the house where Gemini is intercepted, so instead of being willing to discard useless trivia, everything is held onto and there may be a tendency to be close-minded or to insist that all ideas be tangible. Scorpio rules the house containing Sagittarius, which grounds the affairs of that house. Enthusiasm may be hard to come by as may self-expression since Scorpio prefers to play its cards close to the chest.

Cancer/Capricorn: Cancer is emotions and family, Capricorn is tradition and ambitions. Since both are cardinal signs (signs of starting) and contained in houses ruled by mutable signs (signs of communication) there is not a single problem with talking about what they plan to do, but actually doing it is another story. Gemini contains Cancer so it’s much easier to think about emotions than to actually feel them. But they emotions are still there and may come out under pressure at the oddest times. When Cancer is stressed it can be more like a temper tantrum and there may be never-ending emotional demands. Sagittarius is on the house containing Capricorn. It helps to remember that Sagittarius is like the architect, developing ideas whereas Capricorn is the general contractor who turns those plans into something tangible. Guess what that means? Yes, plans either never become reality, or more commonly, there is a serious lack of organization. When Capricorn eventually rears his horned head this person changes from the happy-go-lucky Sagittarius stereoptype to a control-freak Capricorn extreme!

Leo/Aquarius: Both of these signs want to get attention, but in different ways. Leo wants to be the darling of everyone around them, while Aquarius desires to be original and different, yet still noticed. When balanced, Aquarius’s humanitarian traits keep Leo’s ego in check and Leo prevents Aquarius from getting too out of touch with the world around them. When intercepted these two signs fly off in opposite directions. Aquarius may become a screwball nonconformist just to yank people’s chains, and Leo spends so much time primping its ego that it fails to let other people have their turn in the spotlight. Where Leo is intercepted it is difficult to get noticed. A hidden Leo is not a happy Leo. With Cancer on the cusp, for example on the 11th house, this person wants to be the center of their group of friends and have that attention, but instead gets put in the role of being the nurturing and sympathetic one and shunted to the sidelines. On the other side of the chart, Aquarius in the 5th isn’t allowed to be different since Capricorn is ruling the house. The 5th being the house of hobbies, fun and children, this person may feel forced into the traditional role of parent, or feel they have to do everything just like everyone else to be accepted. They simply desire to be normal, but Aquarius won’t stay locked away forever, so eventually it’ll pop out and they’ll rebel and shock everyone around them.

Virgo/Pisces: Another pair of mutable signs, these also deal with information and communication. Except, in their case Pisces deals with spirituality, dreams and imagination and Virgo is concerned about details, facts and figures. The two need each other to keep from being either too flighty or too grounded. Where Virgo is intercepted we have a tendency to be super-picky in the affairs of that house. That person is often seen as critical, judgmental and cynical, caring more about facts than people. Yet it can also backfire, as mutable signs tend to be two-sided. This person can attract others who seem all cheery and sunny (Leo rules the house containing Virgo) yet eventually turn into critical and demanding pains. Pisces has a similar problem with being unable to discriminate. Fantasy and reality are often one and the same, which is to say this person’s reality is more like fantasy to the rest of us. It’s easy for these people to be deceived by others (or themselves) and not understand why.

Duplicated Signs:

Aries/Libra: It’s easy for this person to take action in the areas of life where Aries is on the cusp. They find it easy to go after what they want and never hesitate in their in these areas. Libra on the opposite side offers skills in cooperating, being social and generally getting along with others.

Taurus/Scorpio: Taurus is stable, Scorpio desires control, so this is the person who gathers and accumulates resources and influence in the areas ruled by those houses. Taurus tends to own things and Scorpio will use them to influence events on the mirror-side of the chart.

Gemini/Sagittarius: Ideas, communication and new experiences will be noticeable traits. They will find it effortless to plan, discuss, propose and learn about how to take action. Sagittarius will see the big picture in a flash and leave it up to Gemini to flesh it out.

Cancer/Capricorn: Cancer wants security and Capricorn wants to organize. So traits such as a desire to build foundations, gather resources, achieve their ambitions and such will be easily seen. There is a desire to be efficient and useful.

Leo/Aquarius: Here the natural balance of the two signs results in this person taking charge and reigning over the duplicated houses (Leo) while attempting to change everything on the opposite side of the chart for the better. Like the saying, “Don’t beat them. Join them, and then beat them.”

Virgo/Pisces: Virgo duplicated houses will be areas of intense activity and criticism. Everything must be perfect and the native will spend much time and energy in organizing and structuring their lives. On the opposite side, Pisces opens them to their imagination instincts and creativity.

Living with Interceptions and Duplications:

So now what you ask? If you have pair (or two or three) of intercepted signs you may feel you don’t have the tools to work with them. But no matter how afflicted your chart, each pair of signs always has their dispositors. The dispositors of the intercepted signs will be the key out of the “locked” signs, and those of the duplicated signs are like backup keys. Without them it will be very difficult to handle the affairs of those houses without objectivity.

Often the intercepted signs will also contain planets. These planets contain the same struggles that the houses to in expressing the intercepted signs. So if Venus is intercepted in Virgo the 11th house, expect trouble with friends and groups taking advantage of your good will and using you to their own ends. The Sun intercepted will have trouble expressing himself, and Pluto intercepted will be unable to take control of the portion of their life ruled by that house.

Planetary Dispositors:
The Sun disposes Leo
The Moon disposes Cancer
Mercury disposes Gemini and Virgo
Venus disposes Taurus and Libra
Mars disposes Aries (and sometimes Scorpio)
Jupiter disposes Sagittarius (and sometimes Pisces)
Saturn disposes Capricorn (and sometimes Aquarius)
Uranus disposes Aquarius
Neptune disposes Pisces
Pluto disposes Scorpio

I include the traditional rulerships of the planets for more than sheer nostalgia. Often it can happen that the primary dispositor is also intercepted, which is like locking your keys in your running car, so the secondary ruler of a sign is often like that spare key you keep hidden for emergencies. So if Uranus is intercepted in Aquarius, the next dispositor to look to is Saturn.

It’s important to look at the aspects from the dispositors to find the key to unlock the interceptions. It’s always a benefit if the dispositor of an intercepted sign aspects that of a duplicated sign, even if it’s a stressful square or opposition. That’s because the tension of the square will force the need to act on the aspect and not just let the opposition lie there and rot away. But the general tendency is that aspects to a benefic are helpful, while aspects to a malefic say some struggle is needed to get at those interceptions. Flowing aspects make it easier to tap into the lost energy in leaps and bounds, but the temptation can cause the native to take it for granted. Stress aspects have a harder time of it, but slow and steady (and stressful) often wins the race.

If the original dispositor is intercepted, by aspect it may be able to be used to release the interception. So if Uranus is intercepted in Aquarius but makes a trine to the Sun (assuming the Sun is well-placed), that aspect will be a shunt for that repressed the Aquarius energy. I saw such a case and the person in question was much more like an Aquarius than their Gemini Sun would suggest on first glance.

Progressions and transits to the dispositors will offer limited-time opportunities to unlock the interceptions by overpowering the natal energies. For example, if you have the Moon intercepted in Aries and the 10th house and Jupiter is stationing above it, this is the time to take a chance, do something different and make a chance in your work life. It might be changing jobs, going after a promotion or asking for a raise. But transits to such points will not hand it to you – I’ve usually seen that you have to get your butt and go get it. The rare exceptions to this canon are certain natal charts that have other mitigating factors, like a preponderance of Grand Trines. Also, if transits or progressed planets create chart patterns such as a Grand Cross or Grand Trine inclusive of the dispositors they provide the same opportunity.

It sounds complicated on first read, but don’t give up. One analogy - the dispositors and signs are like the little falling blocks in the game of Tetris. You have to find the right shape and size to unlock the row from the rest and make it vanish. I find in doing charts it helps to draw in the aspect lines from the dispositors in a different color to show their additional roles. Interceptions are blocks, but not ones that have to stay blocked forever. Once you are conscious of their actions, you can take steps to allow them to work in your chart in more positive ways.

(Questions are welcome!)

Further Reading:
Intercepted Signs: Environment vs. Destiny, Joanne Wickenburg, 1978
Your Hidden Powers, Joanne Wickenburg, AFA, 1992
Intercepted Signs and Reincarnation, Donald Yott, 1977
Visual Astrology, Michael Erlewine, 1997

Shatril
February 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Oh my gosh, what a treasure load of information. I can't tell you how much I appreciate getting this kind of information from someone I trust, and have access to. I'm gonna digest this information a little more, but on the first read I didn't have anything that I wanted any more details on.

And , as you probably already know, I appreciate the list of books.

You are a scholar and gentlewoman.

Thanks a million
Shatril

Shatril
February 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I just found Visual Astrology by Michael Erlewine online at this site.

http://astrologysoftware.com/resources/vastrology/vastrology.asp?orig=

BigSkyLady
February 23rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
I'm new here~~~just want to thank you both, KEishin for your great educational post, and Shatril for the link to the Visual Astrology site. These are both extremely helpful to me in my studies. I'm a longtime (passionate!) student of astrology, currently working toward testing & certification via organizations like ISAR & NCGR. This is primarily for my own reassurance that I'm fully grounded & ready to move to a more professional level. I joined this forum because of the astute, thoughtful posts I found here. I live in the wide-open-spaces where astrological / metaphysical community is hard to find, so it means a lot to find such a great discussion online. Thanks much!

Shatril
February 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm new here~~~just want to thank you both, KEishin for your great educational post, and Shatril for the link to the Visual Astrology site. These are both extremely helpful to me in my studies. I'm a longtime (passionate!) student of astrology, currently working toward testing & certification via organizations like ISAR & NCGR. This is primarily for my own reassurance that I'm fully grounded & ready to move to a more professional level. I joined this forum because of the astute, thoughtful posts I found here. I live in the wide-open-spaces where astrological / metaphysical community is hard to find, so it means a lot to find such a great discussion online. Thanks much!

By Big Sky Lady I'm assuming you are in Montana or there about, and yes that is a lot of wide open spaces,with nothing in between. LOL I didn't know what big sky meant until I went there for a job. It was a tremendous surprise.

Welcome to the forum, and the website. I know you will enjoy it a lot.

Shatril

BigSkyLady
February 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks much! Yes, I live in Big Sky Country~~~it took me a lifetime to get here, & it's my heart's home. But I am more thankful than ever for the Internet! I know there must be other astrologers out there on the plains & prairies, but finding them is hard. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome!

business voodoo
March 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
keishin ... awesome article! gave me some things to think about; i agree with your book selection ... joanne wickenburg is my favorite on the subject.
you deserve a raise!

~Owl~
March 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM
EXCELLENT article, Keish! Very well written, and some valuable information...

Thanks a million.

This was an area that has stumped me for years...

(Probably because I'm a lousy math student)

SoulFire
March 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM
This is EXCELLENT, KEishin. I can see why you are the Astrology forum guide. This is the kind of quality material all astrology practitioners should aspire to write, or else throw in their astrology software! We need more educated astrologers like yourself. Kudos!

I, for one, would like to read your thoughts on the pros and cons of the different house systems.

SF

KEishin
March 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM
This is EXCELLENT, KEishin. I can see why you are the Astrology forum guide. This is the kind of quality material all astrology practitioners should aspire to write, or else throw in their astrology software! We need more educated astrologers like yourself. Kudos!

I, for one, would like to read your thoughts on the pros and cons of the different house systems.

SF
Well, thank you!

I am planning about talking about house systems in a future article. (I think I have something like that hiding on my hard drive already . . . )

RedRose
November 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Hi Shatril,

Came upon this great thread regarding interceptions.

RedRose

Shatril
November 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Doh! It must be old age, as I couldn't find this darn thread earlier. I thought I had seen this thread here, but it didn't come up when I searched for it. I'm not good with key words apparently. I'm glad you found it. Thanks. I have stickied it in the Astrology Guide now.

I won't have any trouble finding it now.

:hugz: Shatril

RedRose
November 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Hi Shatril and all,

Here is the big problem I have with "interceptions" (and it is a BIG problem because I am an Aquarius Sun on the cusp of 11th House, Jupiter Conjunct Uranus at my Nadir - translation: I am an activist for human rights, deeply in love with equality and diversity).

So are people born at the top and bottom of the Earth more messed up? Do we have more hidden and secret problems? More imbalance than, say, Italians? Or people born in Mexico? People from Finland are really weird, and psychologically tied up, but those blessed to be born in the Middle East, have smoother sailing?

I dunna believe it. Rather I believe that astrology breaks down around it's edges. Which is to say, we don't know everything about it yet.

Everyone born in the town of my birth has intercepted signs. Now I am not saying that there isn't something to "intercepted and duplicate houses". What I am saying is that this area needs reserch and, in the meantime we need to compare our scopes using various House Systems. When casting for folks born in the Yukon, use an Equal House chart and then worry about the Koch and Placidus.

Using the Koch House system (which they say is more psychological) I have Virgo Pisces intercepted in the 5th and 11th Houses. My parents were Virgo and Pisces and they stunted me socially - cool. I can see that.

In the Placidus system, I have Aries and Libra intercepted in the 12th and 6th Houses, and my 12th House Arioes Mars is pretty locked up, but Neptune is a littler easier to get at, not much, but some. OK, that is very hard stuff, but I get THAT too.

In the Equal House system, we have no intercepted signs or planets and my Aquarus Sun is on my Midheaven, not the middle of the 10th House (Koch System) or the cusp of my 11th Hosue (Placidus System).

RedRose

Shatril
November 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I was wondering about this. You are right that many people in a specific area would have an intercepted sign. I understand what your were saying about the different houses right up you talked about the equal house system. It seemed like you were making a point there, but my limited mind just doesn't get it. Can you elaborate on that a bit for me.

I was actually experimenting some with the equal house system, and I have to say that it didn't quite capture ME. I know that there is a lot said about the different systems being used for different purposes and people being more in line with one system than the other. Maybe you are more a equal house person than I am? Is that possible in your estimation. <runs off to find the threads that match this discussion>

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=161487&highlight=house+systems

RedRose
November 13th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Hi Shatril,

I use the Placidus House System because I wish to use the one being used by the most people - the McHouse System, you might say. My points:

1. When people get born WAY far North, astrologers use the Equal House System, to avoid facing the way out of balance, too many interceptions and duplications, found in those charts. There are no interceptions using the Equal House System. All Houses are the same 30* wide in the Equal House System.

2. AND people who have one set of signs intercepted in the Koch System will often have a whole different set in the Placidus. Which is right? They all are, I guess....

3. This is one of those confusing fuzzy zones, so lets keep doing some research on intercepted Suns!

RedRose

Shatril
November 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
3. This is one of those confusing fuzzy zones, so lets keep doing some research on intercepted Suns!

RedRose

That sounds like fun to me. I will look this up Joanne Wickenburg's book, and see what she says, however, I'm pretty sure that I put this in Ariste's chart page.

Shatril

RedRose
November 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Shatril,

I just noticed that Branwen has Mars/Pluto conjunct in Virgo intercepted in her huge 6th House. Her Pisces NN is also intercepted in the 12th. I am off to invite her over here for questioning!

RedRose

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 16th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Ok well as instructed I've come over here to find out about my interceptions. Do I have this right that I have an Aries/Libra intersection? I think I got that right anyway and it would fit with my all or nothing, no compromise personality. RedRose indicated I might have another intersection but I'm not sure where to look and how to work it out. I did try to follow the first post but it's a bit beyond my current abilities with Astrology.

Here's my chart maybe someone else can help explain it for me.
http://mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78109&d=1195011055

Shatril
November 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Shatril,

I just noticed that Branwen has Mars/Pluto conjunct in Virgo intercepted in her huge 6th House. Her Pisces NN is also intercepted in the 12th. I am off to invite her over here for questioning!

RedRose

You ruthless RedRose. I'm glad you invited her.

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM
You ruthless RedRose. I'm glad you invited her.

*looks worried*

You'll make her go gentle on me right?

Please

RedRose
November 16th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hi Branwen,

You are a perfect experimental subject. This won't hurt a bit!

Brawen, you have a beautiful Kite chart, which is a good thing! With Aries Rising, you are here to be a pioneer, get something started, or live an adventurous life in some way. Libra Sun on your Descendant makes you fabulous at one on one relationships - you tend not to do "alone" quite as well. All those planets in your 6th House of The Healer, and Chiron in the 12th, close to your Rising, makes you a natural healer and therapist.

However, your Ruling planet is Mars (which is one reason why Mars in the sky impacts you so hard) and it is conjunct Pluto! This is like a huge BOOM! Stated in simplest term, you have a temper! And with it intercepted, this would probably mean that you have a buried or suspressed temper. It would mean you are tremendously passionate, but can't express it well sometimes. For instance, I have an Aries Mars RX in my Natal, intercepted in the 12th, and until I was past 40, everytime I got mad, I burst into tears! It was a total drag!

The up side to Mars/Pluto in Virgo in the 6th is that you can move MOUNTAINS. You are like SheRa! Or Xena! But again, this may not be accessable to you at all times, because of the interception,

Any of this resonate so far?

RedRose

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 17th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Hi Branwen,

You are a perfect experimental subject. This won't hurt a bit!

Promise? *looks worried*

Brawen, you have a beautiful Kite chart, which is a good thing! With Aries Rising, you are here to be a pioneer, get something started, or live an adventurous life in some way. Libra Sun on your Descendant makes you fabulous at one on one relationships - you tend not to do "alone" quite as well. All those planets in your 6th House of The Healer, and Chiron in the 12th, close to your Rising, makes you a natural healer and therapist.

Ok that didn't hurt too much, except for some reason every time you say "Branwen" I keep hearing one of my old school teachers calling out my name in a disparaging manor whenever I was being goofy in class LOL.

Right as for my Aries Rising yes I've been told this before. People keep saying "You're a natural born leader" and I look at them like they are nuts. I know and understand fully the responsibility of such a position and as such I shy away from it as I don't deem myself worthy of it nor am I sure I totally want that kind of responsibility. I keep telling people to go their own way, find their own path but they keep on following me. This might also be why I'm a nutter magnet maybe? I don't really know. All I know is that every time I ride on a bus the nutter always comes and sits by me. LOL

The Libra Sun making me good in one on one relationships? Hmm well so long as they aren't of the love kind yes. My track record with love interests hasn't been that great. A lot of the time my own fault I will admit but I've made my share of bad choices with partners. When it's my fault it's usually because I keep my emotions on a very tight leash and don't let people get too close. I am often so frightened of being hurt and suffering that emotional pain (physical I can take in bucket loads) that I will always hold back just a little. But non love interest relationships in one on one situations I rock LOL.

I currently live alone by the way, and though it gets a little lonely at times I'm very much enjoying not having to be responsible for anyone else.

Healer and Therapist, spot on as I said I'm a qualified nurse and an MS Nurse though currently I'm away off sick suffering with the same disorder I was previously working with. Like I said a rather twisted turn of fate.

However, your Ruling planet is Mars (which is one reason why Mars in the sky impacts you so hard) and it is conjunct Pluto! This is like a huge BOOM! Stated in simplest term, you have a temper! And with it intercepted, this would probably mean that you have a buried or suspressed temper. It would mean you are tremendously passionate, but can't express it well sometimes. For instance, I have an Aries Mars RX in my Natal, intercepted in the 12th, and until I was past 40, everytime I got mad, I burst into tears! It was a total drag!

You know how to ring those bells don't you? Are you a campanologist? LOL

Oh yes I have a horrible temper at times. I have a very long fuse and can boil very quietly for a long time. Then you better run for cover because when I blow I blow big style and it's not pretty. My temper is rather flash bang though, I blow my top and get it all out then it's forgotten and over with. The problem is that sometimes I store it up so long it takes a while for me to express my anger fully and I will rake stuff up from long past, stuff long since forgotten by everyone else. It can appear like I'm just bitching about stuff that's old news but I never forget anything, especially if it irked me. When I was younger I used never to get mad, I'd just sulk and keep it all locked inside and it would turn into depression in the end. Now I'm slowly learning to let it out, If I can just learn to let it out the moment something irks me everyone else will suffer less of my temper :D.

The up side to Mars/Pluto in Virgo in the 6th is that you can move MOUNTAINS. You are like SheRa! Or Xena! But again, this may not be accessable to you at all times, because of the interception,

Any of this resonate so far?

RedRose

OH YEAH! Me am SheRa! ROFL. I jest but it's kind of true in a lot of ways. I know I have a lot of dynamic energy to throw into making things happen and that if I put my mind to it I can achieve just about anything. My will is a very powerful tool to achieving my requirements. However (hey I'm a Libra always two sides to everything right?) I have a lazy bone a mile wide and often don't apply myself at all. Since I became ill as part of my illness I get very tired very easy and so my lazy bone tends to rule a little more often than I should let it. I still have it though and if there is something that will get me fired up enough I'll make it happen it's just that it takes a bit more than it used to for me to get fired up enough to apply myself fully.

Most of my school reports read "Branwen is an intelligent student when she applies herself to the task in hand. She is however, often easily distracted"

Translation: If I liked the subject I'd be a class A honours student, if not then I'd play the fool".

So yes I think you have me pretty much down pat other than the whole not doing living alone thing so well. :D

Any more?

Shatril
November 17th, 2007, 08:10 AM
That Venus in the Seventh House Conjunct Neptune, and opposed Saturn makes for rough romantic relationships. It is one of those combinations that makes your statement that you make bad choices in men a reality. This doesn't mean that a man won't come along, but you need to be sure he isn't going to put you in a bad way. There are even some indications that there is a negative financial impact as regards a romantic relationship.

Neptune Conjunct Venus make you like to be near water, and enjoy watery things.

We also haven't talked much about the intercepted houses, or sometimes this is called duplicated signs. I think these are the reward for the intercepted signs. Rather than being something that is difficult to get at, as in the intercepted sign, this is an area where you will shine, and have much support to do so.

You have the fourth house intercepted, which means that Cancer is on the cusp of both the 4th and 5th houses. You some how are using inherited tools to improve things, this may be genetic, financial or something else. With Cancer on both cusps you will like being near water (a watery theme for you here). The traits ar receptive, transforming, metamorphic, and nurturing, but lack vitality. (that would be your perceived laziness maybe) This combo applied to the this interception means that you have found ways to be secure and feel secure are nurturing (nurse), and this is probably what keeps your from exploding that Mars, Pluto until you have really been pushed very hard indeed. You are also creative in many ways, you probably are working in new areas on things that suit you.

You also have the 10th house intercepted, and this may be where you are using your professional skills and special knowledge to further the good for society. You are using something that is learned through your career to aid society in some way. It is the dignity of this sign that will help you whenever you decide to move that mountain. You have Capricorn on the cusp of both the 10th and 11th, it is my guess that you are a well repected nurse and others looked up to you. You probably would make a great social reformer if you felt inclined in that area.

Let us know how this hits. I'm still developing my skills in this area, but I have been working on gaining strength here (oooo that Leo again). RedRose feel free to chime in any time.

RedRose
November 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Branwen,

You have the signs Virgo and Pisces intercepted in the 6th and 12th Houses, and Cancer and Capricorn are double strong ruling the 4th and 5th Houses (Cancer) and 10th and 11th Houses (Capricorn). I like what Shatril says about the duplications being the "gift" part of the interceptions.

Now another important thing that is hiding within your intercepted signs is your North Node and South Nodes.

Jan Spiller, in her book on North Nodes, called "Astrology For The Soul", has some very interesting things to say about Pisces NNs. Basically, she says that in a recent past life you were a doctor or healer, that you already Mastered that gig. You are fabulous at detail, you rarely mistake one pill for another, all your forms are filled out beautifully and you keep excellent records and you have healing hands. However, this life, though all those things are still true and easy for you, they don't work for you. I mean, they may work for you in dealing with other people, but all your Virgo healer gifts don't work for YOU. This is because this life you are suppose to learn to trust SPIRIT. Pisces NorthNode in the 12th is the mark of the mystic or priestess, (or Jungian at the least) but since it is intercepted, this may not be that easy for you to discern!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pisces North Node by Jan Spiller
ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Being non-judgemental

Compassion

Surrendering anxiety to a Higher Power

Freeing the mind through meditation and self-reflection

Focusing on the spiritual path

Trusting in positive outcomes

Acknowledging connection with the universe

Welcoming change

TENDANCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Hyperanxiety reactions

Overanalysis

Obsessive worry

Exaggerating the importance of details

Critical first reactions

Fault finding - making others wrong

Excessive anxiety over making mistakes

Being Ms. or Mr. Perfect

Staying in unpleasant situations

Inflexibilty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RedRose

PS - You also have Chiron in the 12th. I GOOGLED that and got:

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/chiron21.5.html

Chiron in the 12th house:

As always, Chiron shows where we can do more for others than ourselves. A 12th house Chiron may compulsively try to take care of the poor the sick, and the unfortunate while neglecting their own needs and those of their own family. Conversely, there may be malingering and the person with this placement may themselves always seem in "need" because of one (frequently self-caused) "problem" after another. This placement tends to make a person feel tired and fatigued. If you have this one, be sure to get plenty of rest.

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
That Venus in the Seventh House Conjunct Neptune, and opposed Saturn makes for rough romantic relationships. It is one of those combinations that makes your statement that you make bad choices in men a reality. This doesn't mean that a man won't come along, but you need to be sure he isn't going to put you in a bad way. There are even some indications that there is a negative financial impact as regards a romantic relationship.

Firstly I need to say it's not men I make bad choices in *chuckles* I'm gay so it's bad choices in women I tend to make. I can fully relate to the negative financial impact from romantic relationships. Shall we just say I seem to attract sponges ;).

Neptune Conjunct Venus make you like to be near water, and enjoy watery things.

Spot on here, I adore water though mostly inland water such as lakes and rivers and waterfalls. My biggest sorrow for this year through my disability I have not been able to get out and go camping to my usual spot on the lakeside. I have very much missed being able to immerse myself in the soothing waters.

We also haven't talked much about the intercepted houses, or sometimes this is called duplicated signs. I think these are the reward for the intercepted signs. Rather than being something that is difficult to get at, as in the intercepted sign, this is an area where you will shine, and have much support to do so.

Oh good some good news. :)

You have the fourth house intercepted, which means that Cancer is on the cusp of both the 4th and 5th houses. You some how are using inherited tools to improve things, this may be genetic, financial or something else. With Cancer on both cusps you will like being near water (a watery theme for you here). The traits are receptive, transforming, metamorphic, and nurturing, but lack vitality. (that would be your perceived laziness maybe) This combo applied to this interception means that you have found ways to be secure and feel secure, are nurturing (nurse), and this is probably what keeps your from exploding that Mars, Pluto until you have really been pushed very hard indeed. You are also creative in many ways, you probably are working in new areas on things that suit you.

Yup I'm not totally sure on the inherited tools bit but all the rest rings true. I am normally very creative but my normal means for creative expression are limited due to current disabilities. I am as such hunting out new ways to express my creative soul. Not forgetting trying to learn more about Astrology. :)

You also have the 10th house intercepted, and this may be where you are using your professional skills and special knowledge to further the good for society. You are using something that is learned through your career to aid society in some way. It is the dignity of this sign that will help you whenever you decide to move that mountain. You have Capricorn on the cusp of both the 10th and 11th, it is my guess that you are a well repected nurse and others looked up to you. You probably would make a great social reformer if you felt inclined in that area.

If my health becomes too difficult for me to return to work in my old job I will give a deal of thought to what you have said here as it may be the key to my next step.

Let us know how this hits. I'm still developing my skills in this area, but I have been working on gaining strength here (oooo that Leo again). RedRose feel free to chime in any time.

I think you did very well indeed a lot of bells ringing and some pointers for ways to move forward, thank you very much Shatril it has been illuminating :).

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Branwen,

You have the signs Virgo and Pisces intercepted in the 6th and 12th Houses, and Cancer and Capricorn are double strong ruling the 4th and 5th Houses (Cancer) and 10th and 11th Houses (Capricorn). I like what Shatril says about the duplications being the "gift" part of the interceptions.

Now another important thing that is hiding within your intercepted signs is your North Node and South Nodes.

Jan Spiller, in her book on North Nodes, called "Astrology For The Soul", has some very interesting things to say about Pisces NNs. Basically, she says that in a recent past life you were a doctor or healer, that you already Mastered that gig. You are fabulous at detail, you rarely mistake one pill for another, all your forms are filled out beautifully and you keep excellent records and you have healing hands. However, this life, though all those things are still true and easy for you, they don't work for you. I mean, they may work for you in dealing with other people, but all your Virgo healer gifts don't work for YOU. This is because this life you are suppose to learn to trust SPIRIT. Pisces NorthNode in the 12th is the mark of the mystic or priestess, (or Jungian at the least) but since it is intercepted, this may not be that easy for you to discern!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pisces North Node by Jan Spiller
ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Being non-judgemental

Compassion

Surrendering anxiety to a Higher Power

Freeing the mind through meditation and self-reflection

Focusing on the spiritual path

Trusting in positive outcomes

Acknowledging connection with the universe

Welcoming change

TENDANCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Hyperanxiety reactions

Overanalysis

Obsessive worry

Exaggerating the importance of details

Critical first reactions

Fault finding - making others wrong

Excessive anxiety over making mistakes

Being Ms. or Mr. Perfect

Staying in unpleasant situations

Inflexibilty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RedRose

PS - You also have Chiron in the 12th. I GOOGLED that and got:

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/chiron21.5.html

Chiron in the 12th house:

As always, Chiron shows where we can do more for others than ourselves. A 12th house Chiron may compulsively try to take care of the poor the sick, and the unfortunate while neglecting their own needs and those of their own family. Conversely, there may be malingering and the person with this placement may themselves always seem in "need" because of one (frequently self-caused) "problem" after another. This placement tends to make a person feel tired and fatigued. If you have this one, be sure to get plenty of rest.

My friend and I have been working with the implications of Chiron in a chart. In mythology Chiron was a healer but suffered from a self-inflicted wound. This part you picked up on in the early part of this post and again in your comments on Chiron here. There is only one way I would disagree with this post and that is in the "the person with this placement may themselves always seem in "need" because of one (frequently self-caused) "problem" after another" bit. If anything my problem is more that I seem to attract others who are constantly in need and repeating the same self wounding behaviour over and over. My curse is the inability to say no to them and that I will keep on helping over and over exhausting myself. I am learning that often the best medicine for such people is to leave them to learn their own lessons. My lesson to learn is that I can't heal the world and that I must learn to pass the job over to others. This is where that trust lesson you mentioned comes in for I must first learn to trust others to do the work as I would have it done. My motto is ever "If you want something doing properly do it yourself." :D

Thank you RedRose this is all very educational for me. :D

RedRose
November 17th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks Branwen, and yes, I can imagine you have been a serva-holic but think how much you have learned? Having Chiron close to your Rising makes you Chironic by definition. This is the realm of depth psychology (Chiron in the 12th), your training and expertise, not mine. But as your scope-reader I see lots of healing power in your scope, and yes, maybe a career change is an important step. Are you a medical intuitive? That Neptune conjunct Venus opposite Saturn may have, in the past, adopted lame ducks, but those same talents can now be applied to loving and supporting and nurturing yourself...and in time, others. Consider taking on no more lame ducks, not your department anymore. What would that feel like?

Isn't it amazing how accurate astrology is? Why? How? But you can't tell gender or gender preferences.

Shatril, you are a simply wonderful reader.

Clearly interceptions do mean something. I was washing dishes today and it suddenly occurred to me that languages differ between the cold North and the Tropics. Warmer regions have languages with lots of vowels. The colder clime languages are full of consonants. In some sense folks from Finland are more uptight than folks from Hawaii, and maybe that is what interceptions are about too? They happen more to those of us born further North and they show how we are culturally a bit more hung up in expressing our primal energies. They also point to family secrets.

I notice that Hope has her Sun (and Venus) intercepted! How is THAT for luck?

RedRose

Hope
November 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Here is my chart as requested :)

love
t

RedRose
November 17th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hi Hope,

Your whole generation has that Uranus conjunct Pluto thing. I have a friend with this same Super Power in Virgo in her 9th and she literally sees angels and fairies, talks to them, shares them with others and she - I mean they - are so accurate it is stunning. How about you?

Meanwhile, having Sun conjunct Retrograde Venus "trapped" in an intercepted Aquarius would tend to imply that you feel that you are strange, eccentric and you hide a bit. And/or you don't have a firm sense of self, or you are not neuro-typical - ADDDDD or whatever.

Any of this seem true?

RedRose

Hope
November 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
laughs yes it took me a time to realize that not everyone can see spirits and such

it is so natural i thought anyone could

as to the hide a bit, i laughed out loud! because most people would say NEVER not her!!! unless they really know me well
I am a total people person - on stage, in front of people, on camera, leading blah blah

but the truth is i LOVE my hide out from the world time, treasure it a lot and use it to recharge and umm more then one person has called me eccentric

love
t

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks Branwen, and yes, I can imagine you have been a serva-holic but think how much you have learned? Having Chiron close to your Rising makes you Chironic by definition. This is the realm of depth psychology (Chiron in the 12th), your training and expertise, not mine. But as your scope-reader I see lots of healing power in your scope, and yes, maybe a career change is an important step. Are you a medical intuitive? That Neptune conjunct Venus opposite Saturn may have, in the past, adopted lame ducks, but those same talents can now be applied to loving and supporting and nurturing yourself...and in time, others. Consider taking on no more lame ducks, not your department anymore. What would that feel like?

Isn't it amazing how accurate astrology is? Why? How? But you can't tell gender or gender preferences.

Shatril, you are a simply wonderful reader.

Clearly interceptions do mean something. I was washing dishes today and it suddenly occurred to me that languages differ between the cold North and the Tropics. Warmer regions have languages with lots of vowels. The colder clime languages are full of consonants. In some sense folks from Finland are more uptight than folks from Hawaii, and maybe that is what interceptions are about too? They happen more to those of us born further North and they show how we are culturally a bit more hung up in expressing our primal energies. They also point to family secrets.

I notice that Hope has her Sun (and Venus) intercepted! How is THAT for luck?

RedRose

Hi RedRose I'm not totally sure I full understand what you mean by a medical intuitive. I'm guessing you mean does healing come naturally to me and in many ways yes it does. I believe I am a born care giver for sure. It is in my nature to care, to mother and even when I was younger, in my teens, I was the one everyone turned to in times of trouble. My first introduction to my current path spiritually was in herbs and herbal remedies and I found I was very good at it. Ideas for cures , combinations of herbs and spices would almost pop into my head. The whole experience was never hard work for me and would just click into place.

As far as the career change goes I'm unsure right now which way to go. By it's nature my disorder is unpredictable and there is no way of knowing how long this relapse will last or how well I will recover from it. I would in many ways love to be able to return to my work with MS patients, I believe it would be very rewarding for all of us. However my workload was heavy. I covered a large area with patients often quite a long way away from my central base. I need to be realistic and I know that pushing myself too hard would be bad for both my patients and myself. So yes a career change is a very serious consideration for me right now. It is still very much up in the air for me at the moment though so it is difficult to make any plans. I need to outline a few possibilities for a few different eventualities, but being realistic I doubt I will be able to return to my full position and all the work it entails. Even if I make a full recovery now there will come a time in the future when it becomes unmanageable. Since I'm on extended leave right now it seems logical to make the required changes now and get myself into a career I can uphold for the more distant future.

But what to do?

Shatril
November 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I'm copying this from another thread.

You have Aquarius intercepted in the second house, and Leo intercepted in the 8th house.
Second House: Money and possessions. But it goes beyond these. The second house also shows the VALUE you place on things, including yourself, so it includes your sense of self-worth. This house corresponds to the 2nd sign, Taurus, which is the sign of material goods.

I have always had good self esteem and self worth -- I am not a person that really is into having a lot of material things BUT I do appreciate quality. I am cheap and like to have things that stand up and do not need replaced all of the time.
Your response here indicates to me that you have been able to work though your Capricorn to access the tools within this house, and yes expecting durability in the things you do spend your money is exactly this house with Capricorn on the cusp.

Originally Posted by Shatril [original]
You also have your Sun, Mars, and Venus in Aquarius which is intercepted. This probably is limiting in the area of finances, and it isn’t because you don’t have the knowledge to be a financial wizard, and become a millionaire. It is because you have trouble getting others to recognize your expertise, and possibly you don’t even recognize it. Somewhere along the line you may have misplaced your self-worth, and are struggling to find you purpose in life. It does exist within this second house area, and Capricorn is your key to entering this intercepted area. Careful planning and organization coupled with your efficiency and ambition are the key to success, in the Aquarius intercepted areas. This will ultimately lead the way to the financial goals and recognition that you would like. Venus intercepted can feel like you are out of tune with those around you. You may feel like a Stranger in a Strange Land even in the partner areas.

Well am I understanding you here? I have spent MUCH of my life working for causes (translation not for a lot of cash) and have only recently started to see how my skills and talents are valuable (meaning can be some good cash LOL) to my bank account because there are bigger organizations that want to pay me to consult, teach etc. I have always felt like people deserve access to information even when they can't afford it and that has often left me with a lot less cash then I need.

Yes I often feel like umm DUH how long will it take you to catch up. Ia m able to see the big picture very quickly and it took me till my late 20's to understand other people honestly just did not see it.

Now this is what i would expect from someone who has been working through that Capricorn and access the Aquarius part of that 2cd house. You were working as a volunteer to do these things previously, but now have found a way to add to your financial well-being by doing what you would like to do anyway. This change in perception from the let's do it because it needs done, to the I can make my situation more comfortable, and still do what needs to be done is that transition into the Aquarius.

Eighth House: Sex, death, rebirth (in the sense of regeneration). Since this is opposite the 2nd house (which rules YOUR money, possessions, and values) the 8th house rules other people’s money, possessions, and values, your ability to utilize the possessions of others for your own ends. By extension, it rules insurance and tax matters, as well as the influence that the values of others have on you (social values). It can also indicate what influence, if any, you can have on the values of those around you, including the society you live in. As far as sex goes, the 5th house may rule romance, but the 8th house gets down to the sex act itself, your style of sex, your tastes, what turns you on. This includes any fetish you may have. http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheHouses.htm

So is do you mean being a natural leader and teacher - being able to show folks another way to see things and influence how they can make changes?

Well being a leader may be what you choose here, but this was just a prelude to the next paragraph. This sections was just an explanation of the 8th house from Bob Marks. My stuff is below.

Normally we would go looking for the Sun to show you how to access this necessary Leo energy in the 8th house. However, this is an intercepted Sun, so this will be more difficult to access, though once it is this will open more things for you. We need to look to Cancer to gain access to the Leo energy in this case. Oh yes, you are already accessing this Cancer energy. You use your psychic energy, and intuition, and this is the key to entry to the Leo Energy: that energy that says hey look at me, and people here have recognized you for the talent that you have in this area. This is clearly your access to the Leo energy as it applies to the 8th House.
Let me know how this looks? Feedback is always welcome and encourage.
Next the Great news of Intercepted Houses.

Shatril

Hmm so is this also the natural leader thing or was I way off on the last one?
laughs

love
t

OK, Leo like to be recognized for whatever it does, but in an interception the access to this recognition is not easy to get. People just don't see your need to be recognized in this area. So what I was trying to say, is that you are using the Cancer talents of Psychic Ability to gain the recognition that you would like, and this is how you are satisfying that Leo need. Now this is certainly based on what I see here. You may be tapping other Cancer energy to work into Leo's need for recognition, however, I don't know you well enough to make any statement in that area. If you are a natural leader that is one of the things that is possible with this, but is not a guarantee

RainInanna
November 18th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Wow, thank goodness for that diagram. I read this explanation about 3x before I looked at the diagram and A-HA LIGHTBULB.

I have the Cancer/Capricorn interception.

Cancer/Capricorn: Cancer is emotions and family, Capricorn is tradition and ambitions. Since both are cardinal signs (signs of starting) and contained in houses ruled by mutable signs (signs of communication) there is not a single problem with talking about what they plan to do, but actually doing it is another story.

This made me laugh out loud! You have no idea how much time I spend ruminating about what I should do, but actually DOING it?!

Gemini contains Cancer so it’s much easier to think about emotions than to actually feel them. But they emotions are still there and may come out under pressure at the oddest times. When Cancer is stressed it can be more like a temper tantrum and there may be never-ending emotional demands.

I have recently realized I have anxiety issues and here again I see it born out in my chart.

It helps to remember that Sagittarius is like the architect, developing ideas whereas Capricorn is the general contractor who turns those plans into something tangible. Guess what that means? Yes, plans either never become reality, or more commonly, there is a serious lack of organization. When Capricorn eventually rears his horned head this person changes from the happy-go-lucky Sagittarius stereoptype to a control-freak Capricorn extreme!

I was just saying in another post my Capricornian nature confounds me. Capricorn sun, moon, and mercury, yet Capricorn is intercepted. It's like I get all the negative traits but can't use the good ones :lol:

Hope
November 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm copying this from another thread.

Your response here indicates to me that you have been able to work though your Capricorn to access the tools within this house, and yes expecting durability in the things you do spend your money is exactly this house with Capricorn on the cusp.

Now this is what i would expect from someone who has been working through that Capricorn and access the Aquarius part of that 2cd house. You were working as a volunteer to do these things previously, but now have found a way to add to your financial well-being by doing what you would like to do anyway. This change in perception from the let's do it because it needs done, to the I can make my situation more comfortable, and still do what needs to be done is that transition into the Aquarius.

Well being a leader may be what you choose here, but this was just a prelude to the next paragraph. This sections was just an explanation of the 8th house from Bob Marks. My stuff is below.

Next the Great news of Intercepted Houses.

Shatril
OK, Leo like to be recognized for whatever it does, but in an interception the access to this recognition is not easy to get. People just don't see your need to be recognized in this area. So what I was trying to say, is that you are using the Cancer talents of Psychic Ability to gain the recognition that you would like, and this is how you are satisfying that Leo need. Now this is certainly based on what I see here. You may be tapping other Cancer energy to work into Leo's need for recognition, however, I don't know you well enough to make any statement in that area. If you are a natural leader that is one of the things that is possible with this, but is not a guarantee

Hmm I really have to think about that, because I really am the one that likes to dodge the public recognition. I am happier to build up something and let it shine and have people be all excited over the event/group/person etc.

I use my talents energy skills/empathy/psychic/education all in a very integral way for everything I do. I like when a person's "light bulb" goes off and they realize they are strong/powerful/able and they smile and know they have learned they can.

I am not big on recognition, I have won so many things been first/best/youngest over and over I don't have any of it displayed (and shh to be honest even kept it) I mean seriously how practical is it to clutter up space with certificates, plaques, etc.

So I am confuzzled! lol

Will I be less stressed if I embrace recognition ;)

love
t

Shatril
November 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Hmm I really have to think about that, because I really am the one that likes to dodge the public recognition. I am happier to build up something and let it shine and have people be all excited over the event/group/person etc.

I use my talents energy skills/empathy/psychic/education all in a very integral way for everything I do. I like when a person's "light bulb" goes off and they realize they are strong/powerful/able and they smile and know they have learned they can.

I am not big on recognition, I have won so many things been first/best/youngest over and over I don't have any of it displayed (and shh to be honest even kept it) I mean seriously how practical is it to clutter up space with certificates, plaques, etc.

So I am confuzzled! lol

Will I be less stressed if I embrace recognition ;)

love
t

Hummmmm, I guess that this isn't going to be easy with you. I will look at the other things in the chart which may well explain why you prefer to be the power behind the power. Interesting that you win things but aren't interested in it. I wonder if that might not be the way that hidden Leo is coping with being intercepted. I don't see any stress from accepting recognition, what the interceptions in the books tell me is that you may have difficulty getting recognition when you deserve it. The fact that you are recognized for what you do and who you are is a very good thing.

The philosophy group is talking about minimalists. You fit in with that discussion.

RedRose
November 18th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Shatril and All,

I have heard of two ways to interpret interceptions:

1. That interceptions represent hidden or caught elements, hard to get to.

2. That interceptions are areas where we don't need to focus this life. They are background areas, and meant to be that way.

Both interpretations are the same in that it is agreed that interceptions point to hidden areas - the question seems only whether planets found there bite, or smile?

I sense with Hope that she may well have a ethereal (intercepted), or at least strange (Aquarius) , sense of "self" compared with everyone else. Aquarius Sun/Moon people are a bit detached anyway.

I have a couple friends who have Sun/Neptune conjunctions and Hope reminds me of them. "Ego" is a bit of a fuzzy concept this life; O well. Also Neptune in the sky has been on top of we Aquariums for years now.....

RedRose

Hope
November 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Hummmmm, I guess that this isn't going to be easy with you. I will look at the other things in the chart which may well explain why you prefer to be the power behind the power. Interesting that you win things but aren't interested in it. I wonder if that might not be the way that hidden Leo is coping with being intercepted. I don't see any stress from accepting recognition, what the interceptions in the books tell me is that you may have difficulty getting recognition when you deserve it. The fact that you are recognized for what you do and who you are is a very good thing.

The philosophy group is talking about minimalists. You fit in with that discussion.

giggles I meant a joke as in less stress in general if i were to embrace something differently

I am not really much of minimalist in truth, I do like comfort.

Shatril and All,

2. That interceptions are areas where we don't need to focus this life. They are background areas, and meant to be that way.

Both interpretations are the same in that it is agreed that interceptions point to hidden areas - the question seems only whether planets found there bite, or smile?

I sense with Hope that she may well have a ethereal (intercepted), or at least strange (Aquarius) , sense of "self" compared with everyone else. Aquarius Sun/Moon people are a bit detached anyway.

I have a couple friends who have Sun/Neptune conjunctions and Hope reminds me of them. "Ego" is a bit of a fuzzy concept this life; O well. Also Neptune in the sky has been on top of we Aquariums for years now.....

RedRose

meaning a lesson you have already grasped and do not need to spend time on htis time around??

I am a firm believer in that in other interps that once you learn a lesson you can look at it in the future and not have to walk with it again and relearn it?

Funny thing about me too is I can be detached when logic is applied to something, I can for example be amazing in a crisis, separate the emotion from what needs to be done.

In a way I suppose one of the reasons I am detached from winning things that say I did great is I spend a lot of time doing good work. For example if you work in a super-fund site with children, some will see you as a saint others as that evil woman who is costing you more money in the clean up.

Truth is at the end of the day you are just a person who did what they believed to be right, hopefully you did it well and getting a piece of paper that says you are amazing really doesn't make you amazing. Instead it is one side saying yay! You can not place who you are based on that anymore then you can place it on the awful things the other side calls you.

love
t

Branwen_Yr_Hardd
November 19th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Shatril and All,

RedRose

Would it not also make a difference as to which houses the interceptions occurred in, in that some houses deal far more with the unconscious, and as such the interceptions that occurred in those would indeed be far more hidden aspects?

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Shatril and All,

RedRose

Well certainly in the case of Hope one might choose the later interpretive style. That may be the reason that those interceptions aren't causing her any grief. Thanks for that insight. I know you tried to get that through to me once before, but I sometimes need a house dropped on me. Muwahahahahaha

:hugz:
Shatril

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Would it not also make a difference as to which houses the interceptions occurred in, in that some houses deal far more with the unconscious, and as such the interceptions that occurred in those would indeed be far more hidden aspects?

Good insight. Gonna give that some thought, 'cuz it sounds plausible.

Shatril

RedRose
November 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Shatril,

I too am confused and therefore happy for this opportunity to learn about these silly Interceptions and Duplications. Researching them on the internet has shown me quickly that we have entered the realm of "advanced astrology". Here is Noel Tyl's perspective which is at least readable!

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/000331t.html

Interceptions

When you peel an orange, note how the sectors are uniformly fat at the orange's "equator" and how they narrow toward each pole. This is what happens with the projections of our House Systems -our divisions of space and time- from any given spot on earth to capture the positions of the planets at any given time in life. It's not hard to visualize how our perception of the sky bunches up, narrows, the farther we go toward either pole. The Signs bunch up within our projections of House Systems.

I have worked with many, many Norwegian horoscopes, some born so far North that the mathematics of the Placidian System will not apply (and therefore, a switch to, say, the Koch System is required). I have seen the Sun in the 3rd House making a sextile, square, trine, and opposition (all of them!) to planets in the NINTH HOUSE! The 9th and 3rd Houses were so extended, so grand, and, at the same time because of the narrowing phenomenon, the other Houses were gradually so very, very small in degree size. -Interpretively, there is no real problem: rulership dynamics break up the House cluster and spill-out holistically through the horoscope (life experience).

Double interceptions are the norm in England and northern Europe, etc.. Triple interceptions should not raise an eyebrow too far!

An old teaching was that "interception" connoted "imprisonment", a planet being caged in somehow, limited, held apart, This is not in any way tenable; the old teaching was really just an extension of a hoary horary principle into natal interpretation.

The astute considerations about interception within interpretation are three:

1. Rulership reference to a particular House is doubled (or tripled)! The aspect condition of Mercury and Venus will both apply to the House with, say, Virgo on the cusp and Libra intercepted within the House.

2. Arc and Transit time periods going through the House are protracted. The Interception adds degrees to the House -makes it bigger-therefore planets take longer to transit the area; similarly Arcs take much longer to go through the House, as does the Secondary Progressed Moon. Think what this can mean in terms of such added activity emphasis in the 10th House, for example.

3. Significance of the House is increased. Because of the possible location of planets in the intercepted House and the extended duration of transits and Arcs there (or aspecting planets there), much more development is absorbed within the concerns of the House. It did not surprise me recently when a client with six planets in the 9th, with an interception there, announced at the outset of our consultation that she was an international lawyer and had traveled to 48 countries for women's rights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is John Cainer on the same subject:

http://www.cainer.com/ericfrancis/aug19.html

House cusps give expression to the energy of a sign. While a sign is a more general principle, a house is a more specific action on Earth. It is a place we live, and act out the story of our lives. Remember: a sign is a more general energy; a house is a specific expression. So when a sign lacks a house cusp, it may not have a particularly easy way to express itself. It's still working under the surface, but it may not be able to express itself easily.

Note that like many things in astrology, interceptions affect an entire polarity (two opposite signs, and two opposite houses), and to read the chart thoroughly, that polarity needs to be addressed in its entirety.

I scan each chart for interceptions as a matter of basic study, and I find very few with no interceptions. So to start with, it's a common property. But it's somewhat mysterious, and interpreting it presents a fun interpretation puzzle in the chart.

Most astrologers who note the phenomenon indicate the intercepted sign with brackets around the outside of the wheel, showing the edges of the sign, as contained within the house. This illustrates how the intercepted sign exists like a separate room within the larger house.

Think of the house cusp as a door into a sign. If a sign is intercepted within a house, there is no door leading to that sign. It can function like a sealed room within the house. There may be planets in there, but they can represent hidden properties that are more difficult to find or to express. The contents of the sealed room become very significant because astrology is almost always about raising what is less apparent to visibility and awareness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whacha feel and think?

RedRose

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
:rant: OMG, I"m too old to change my ways! God/dess this means that I have to absorb more useful information. <heavy sigh> AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH. I'm gonna have to wait for the first of the year when Mars is direct. <shew> that's a relief.

Shatril

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Now that the rant is out of the way, I agree that this appears to be a much better way to interpret this. It also makes more sense when you consider Hope's interceptions.

:hug: Shatril

RedRose
November 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Shatril,

I think houses and also the quality of the planets involved all make a difference. Some interceptions are simply harder than others.

Looking at my own scope, I have a nasty nasty interception. Mars in Aries intercepted in the 12th House. In my huge and opposite 6th House, I also have Neptune "hiding" in Libra but not opposite Mars, thank the Goddess (translation: Mars opposition Neptune is not a fun thing, even when planets aren't intercepted).

Considering Mars in Aries intercepted in the 12th House first. Now this is REALLY locked up because Mars rules Aries. Mars in Aries people are very fiery and passionate warriors, Yang Bangers, but hidden in the 12th House of deep psyche? That can't be good.

Sounds like secret violence and yes, I was a victim of child abuse this life. And I didn't really remember this until my Dad died, in my mid-30s. Accessing my rage and warrior self was a big thing for me this life. I have a temper, but nobody sees that first thing what with my Taurus Rising and all. Hell, I didn't even see it. Obviously, it was easy to "project" my Mars Yang nature onto men, abusive men, until I came to claim my own passion and fire and anger. I was conflict avoidant, and therefore attracted it.

I do not anger quickly and true to form it is 12th House issues that nuke me...injustice, institionalized abuse, mistreatment of innocence and innocents - Soul Warrior stuff.

Now this difficult Mars in Aries interception is squared my fantastic Uranus/.Jupiter conjunct on my Nadir. It is through meditation (12th House and Nadir) and some depth psychology, that I was able to finally access, accept, own and start to enjoy my Mars in Aries ENERGY!

Now frankly Mars intercepted is always going to feel more dramatic than Neptune intercepted, which I also have. Mars is my body vitality and vim and vigor, while Neptune is universal and fuzzy and oceanic and mysterious and ethereal.

RedRose

Hope
November 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
laughs, so it is still ok I volunteered? and it is not just the chart from the abyss to drive ya all to drink?

I am happy to provide any other feedback - and have appreciated seeing what you all say :)

love
t

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
laughs, so it is still ok I volunteered? and it is not just the chart from the abyss to drive ya all to drink?

I am happy to provide any other feedback - and have appreciated seeing what you all say :)

love
t

Oh hey, this is how we all learn. Emperical evidence provided by victims...errrr a querents, is a really good way to figure out things. If it hadn't been for your feedback, I would still be trying to apply outdated methods to charts. This was an excellent learning experience for everyone including me.

Keep up the good work. I may be able to keep Alzheimers at bay with all this new learning stuff. LOL

Shatril

Hope
November 19th, 2007, 02:46 PM
laughs well i am pretty open about my life, and that includes the stuff i screw up so i figured i made a good person to discuss openly for ya

it has been cool for me to learn new stuff!

i do have a question, it is my understanding that some stuff applies to when you are younger, and some to mid age and some older

but i have not seen that applied in anything you all have discussed yet,

was i misinformed?

love
t

Shatril
November 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM
laughs well i am pretty open about my life, and that includes the stuff i screw up so i figured i made a good person to discuss openly for ya

it has been cool for me to learn new stuff!

i do have a question, it is my understanding that some stuff applies to when you are younger, and some to mid age and some older

but i have not seen that applied in anything you all have discussed yet,

was i misinformed?

love
t

you are not misinformed, there are some transits that we can pretty well predict what kinds of things will be happening in your life when a certain transit happens in a certain house, or over a planet.

What we have really been doing with you is your natal chart, that kind of sets the stage. The natal chart show the tendencies in your life, that unless acted upon by free will are the likely course of action for you. No one can predict exactly what form these tendencies will take, but they can show what impels you.

You can see over in the "Saturn Work? Help RedRose!" thread a lot about how, when this planet which is moving through the zodiac and comes to a position that causes it to make and aspect with a natal planet. See this Site for Aspects (http://www.adze.com/Classroom/aspects.html). See this Site for some insights to what that means (http://www.cafeastrology.com/saturntransits.html). This sight has some really good things about the Saturn Transits. It really talks about how Papa Saturn affects us throughout our lives.

Hope
November 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
cool deal :)

love
t

Shatril
November 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I want another go at this intercepted signs thing. Here is another chart for us to consider. http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=173496 It is Agaliha's and he has some interesting things going on in his chart.

I want to look at this.

Shatril

Agaliha
November 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM
I want another go at this intercepted signs thing. Here is another chart for us to consider. http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=173496 It is Agaliha's and he has some interesting things going on in his chart.
I want to look at this.
Shatril

Thank you Shatril. Glad you all can use my chart to discuss, teach, etc. That's why I "donated" it. :)

If you need me to confirm anything (personality, life wise) I will. I'll be watching the thread. :)

(oh and a note: I'm a she, not a he :lol: --see my profile pic & gender sign ;) )

Shatril
November 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
(oh and a note: I'm a she, not a he :lol: --see my profile pic & gender sign ;) )

Doh! Sorry don't know what came over me. I wasn't paying attention to all the signs.

Hope you can forgive me. We would love to have your responses, that is the whole purpose of the exercise; to get empirical evidence for the theory.

RedRose
November 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
Hi Agaliha,

You have Chiron in Gemini in the 10th house opposite Uranus in Sag. in the 4th and these are both intercepted. Chiron in the 10th means you are great at helping others get ahead in life, but you do not receive the acknowledgement your deserve (until after 50 at least). Uranus in the 4th usually means lots of changes of residence while growing up and maybe beyond, especially when it is in Sag., the sign of travel. Were you a military kid, 12 schools in 12 years, that sort of thing?

With Chiron and Uranus intercepted, I am wondering if you have been shunned by your family, and/or blacklisted from your career? Anything like that?

RedRose

RedRose
November 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Hope,

You have a fascinating scope, with three of your personal planets, Venus, Sun and Mars, intercepted in Aquarius in the 2nd House.

Now with Mars intercepted in the 2nd, I would imagine that you either have energy or your have zip. Is it ever difficult for you to access vigor and vim? Do you suddenly run out of ooph, and have to rest immediately or else? And/or do weird things give you energy?

RedRose

Agaliha
November 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Doh! Sorry don't know what came over me. I wasn't paying attention to all the signs.
Hope you can forgive me. We would love to have your responses, that is the whole purpose of the exercise; to get empirical evidence for the theory.

Don't worry about it, I'm not offended or anything. :hugz:
I'll try to help you all out as much as possible!

I don't know all the technical Astro stuff, so bear with me! I'll do some more research on my own about the things you all discuss and if I have anything to add, I'll post it. :)

Hi Agaliha,
You have Chiron in Gemini in the 10th house opposite Uranus in Sag. in the 4th and these are both intercepted. Chiron in the 10th means you are great at helping others get ahead in life, but you do not receive the acknowledgment your deserve (until after 50 at least).

I feel that this is correct, I am better at helping others (than say myself). And when I do help, I often don't get much acknowledgment (that's not why I help people out, but I'd be nice to have some once in awhile).

I did a quick search on Chiron in Gemini and found this:

If Chiron falls in Gemini in your chart, you bear a pain of doubting your mental capacities. This placement makes for a person who exhaustively seeks knowledge or becomes resentful of those who seem naturally gifted with words and ideas. At the heart of Gemini is a need to be heard and understood. Gemini loves to talk and have people listening intently, but with Chiron in Gemini, you feel as though your ideas fall on deaf ears or, if they are heard, are victim to ridicule. Rather than feeling ignorant for what you feel you don't know, Chiron in Gemini encourages you to make the most of what you already know within your heart. By cherishing your natural talents and instincts, you are able to open yourself (and your wound) up to the world and share what you've learned from your pain. Give your time to causes dealing with learning disorders or literacy, or any situations in which people fear that their intellectual resources are lacking.
http://www.astrology.com/features/astrology/chiron/gemini.htmlI was surprised by this, especially the "placement makes for a person who exhaustively seeks knowledge..." part. That's totally me. I also doubt a lot, myself and other things (spiritually, etc)-- not sure if that'd fit as well. Pretty interesting!

Also this:

...However, these people often have intelligence of a different form, such as creative, emotional or spiritual intelligence which excels beyond the norm...
http://astrologynotes.org/Chiron_in_Gemini

Fits me as well. I'm quite creative. I write poems, short stories, paint, etc. And I know a lot about spiritual things (religions, beliefs, etc-- it's a passion/hobby of mine-- learning about them). Though I am lacking in personal experiences (spiritually) I do have the book smarts in that field.

Uranus in the 4th usually means lots of changes of residence while growing up and maybe beyond, especially when it is in Sag., the sign of travel. Were you a military kid, 12 schools in 12 years, that sort of thing?Hmmm. My dad is a Navy Veteran, but wasn't active during my life. We moved 3 times total my whole life-- all in the same general area and state. We've been in our current home for almost 10 years now. I also don't really travel much in my life, though I would love to. I'm not quite sure what to make of this aspect-- are there any other interpretations, it's possible another might fit me better?

With Chiron and Uranus intercepted, I am wondering if you have been shunned by your family, and/or blacklisted from your career? Anything like that?
Not by my family. Nor by my career-- I don't have one. I've actually never worked before. _inabox_ I have had many friend troubles, the most recent could sort of be called a "shunning" though it wasn't that dramatic, she (my best friend at the time) totally snubbed me for unknown reasons. It was sort of my last straw. It was one in a long line of best friends screwing me over. Perhaps that's what it's about?

Hope
November 21st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Hope,

You have a fascinating scope, with three of your personal planets, Venus, Sun and Mars, intercepted in Aquarius in the 2nd House.

Now with Mars intercepted in the 2nd, I would imagine that you either have energy or your have zip. Is it ever difficult for you to access vigor and vim? Do you suddenly run out of ooph, and have to rest immediately or else? And/or do weird things give you energy?

RedRose

YES

and i very much get hit like a TON of bricks and have to stop and rest

So when I have energy it just is like someone turns a switch off, and when I am worn out trying to haul my self together is like a chore.

And laughs yes, weird things DO give me energy, and not even predictable things lol

very accurate all the way around there

love
t

RedRose
November 22nd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Agaliha,

Ah, you are part of the Pluto in Scorpio generation! Stay tuned, I will go post more about your scope for you in your own thread. But for the purposes of this thread, and furthering the study of interceptions, I want to attempt to understand Uranus in Sag, intercepted in the 4th House. Uranus (and Aquarius) mark the spot in our charts where we experience sudden changes and surprises OR where we are "revolutionary", counter-culture, eccentric etc. Do you feel like the secret (intercepted) weirdo in your family?

RedRose

Dear Hope,

I have an intercepted Mars too, and my energy runs the same - on or off. Can't fight with our own Mars energy. I am seeing here that intercepted personal planets are "clearer", as in easier to interpret and figure. Intercepted Sun folk have a fuzzy or transcendended sense of self (like Sun conjunct Neptune people), which can be hard or no biggy depending on House placement, life purpose etc. In your case, your life is not that much about "you" and that is fine. Having both your Mars and Venus in Aquarius, intercepted in the 2nd House, makes me wonder about your sexuality. Are your lovers from this planet or dimension? Does s/he or they have bodies, or are we talking Light Beings?

RedRose

Hope
November 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Dear Hope,

I have an intercepted Mars too, and my energy runs the same - on or off. Can't fight with our own Mars energy. I am seeing here that intercepted personal planets are "clearer", as in easier to interpret and figure. Intercepted Sun folk have a fuzzy or transcendended sense of self (like Sun conjunct Neptune people), which can be hard or no biggy depending on House placement, life purpose etc. In your case, your life is not that much about "you" and that is fine. Having both your Mars and Venus in Aquarius, intercepted in the 2nd House, makes me wonder about your sexuality. Are your lovers from this planet or dimension? Does s/he or they have bodies, or are we talking Light Beings?

RedRose

smiles

lovers mostly male, one female -- always monogamous relationships

When I am done with a relationship (never been a one night stand kinda gal so relationships are where sexual experience comes in) I have decided and it is a practical and logical separation on my part and I don't have the bother of well one more time ... thinking.

Personally I have often enjoyed astral - I am very capable in my astral projection, and work and also in my native vision work. Also I have worked with others that have a high vibration, and you can actual achieve a full experience with energy exchange even with a great distance between you - honestly that is a lot of fun, and takes a lot of focus and energy.

Not trying to be vague trying to keep to the PG

Is that clear??

love
t

RedRose
November 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hi Hope,

Again, you have a fascinating chart and you are VERY unusual, as you know. I have started a Born in the 60s thread. Will you post your chart there too?

A tip for accessing more and more physical energy (Fling that T-Squared-off-your-Nodal-Axis Aquarium Intercepted Mars into...)- the 8th House and Leo - ie. do ritual, be present at births and deaths, practice magic, study astrology, manifest money through spiritual means, and tantra. Yes, I know you already do all that...but this makes it official - your energy is linked to a deep river.

RedRose

Hope
November 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
You know it is funny -- and just a side note if you were to give that advice to others.

Some deaths, funerals, and births do give me energy BUT it really depends on who else is there. Some drain me to the point of exhaustion and I was even hospitalized once. I know now (age and experience) that because of my empath abilities that if the other peoples energy is off, it is too much, and even just shielding takes so much work.

Honestly I rarely go to funerals any more and am the person that waits a day or two to go see the new baby.

Like I said there ARE exceptions, of folks that get their energy and it is amazing to be at transitions :)

It took me a long time to realize what happens and that it was not me failing somehow...

love
t

Shatril
November 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
You know it is funny -- and just a side note if you were to give that advice to others.

Some deaths, funerals, and births do give me energy BUT it really depends on who else is there. Some drain me to the point of exhaustion and I was even hospitalized once. I know now (age and experience) that because of my empath abilities that if the other peoples energy is off, it is too much, and even just shielding takes so much work.

Honestly I rarely go to funerals any more and am the person that waits a day or two to go see the new baby.

Like I said there ARE exceptions, of folks that get their energy and it is amazing to be at transitions :)

It took me a long time to realize what happens and that it was not me failing somehow...

love
t

I don't think that RedRose meant to go to the funeral home or to see new babies. I think she meant that you would be present to ease the person out of this life and into the next, and to aid the new born to enter this world. The funeral home and visiting with new babies is a whole different thing. The energy of the process of coming and going were what she was referring to I think. She can correct me if I'm wrong.

Shatril

Hope
November 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Yes I was aware of that, thanks for helping see I was not clear.

If I am at a death, and there are other people there that are chaotic and uncontrolled in their energy and grief it is a horrific and draining experience.

However if I am at at a death where there is a gentle passing, and the people there understand that it is simply a step to the next place then it can be very energizing. For example hospice or at home, or even in the hospital.

Funerals, same thing the transition and working with others can be very energizing or very draining depending on who else is there.

Births same thing, can be energizing and wonderful or very draining depending on who else is there, and what their needs are MANY people like such events to suck dry the energy of every living thing around them.

Honestly I have never been able to comprehend why basic energy work is not taught in school LOL

Depending on who will be at a birth, I have learned that it is not worth going at all instead waiting a few days, so as not to have to be drained and feel all of the emotions of those that have no control over their own.

So as I said before, that advice is good as long as the person knows their energy needs and or is not a strong empath.

Is that more clear?

love
t

RedRose
November 25th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Hope,

I hear you. Wouldn't it be great to simply arrive when the door between the worlds is swinging open, avoiding all the commotion that happens on the way to that moment? I too have an Aquarius Sun (though not intercepted) and "they say" that we are dispassionate but this is totally false (they also say we are fixed and stubborn in our opinions, which is true!) . Aquarius folk are just as emotional as everyone else, just about different things. The ego-dramas of humans is NOT one of those things. But if you ever see someone sitting in a clear-cut sobbing, that is an Aquarius (Moon, Sun, Rising) or someone with Chiron in the Eleventh (the House of Aquarius).

That said, you also have a Pisces Moon, which means you FEEL EVERYTHING....very psychic. Below is a canned description of Aquarius Sun and Pisces Moon. How well does it fit? Then check out the Venus and Mars descriptions too. I am trying to see how you DIFFER from the set interpretations, so as to better understand "interceptions".

RedRose

11-12 Aquarius/Pisces
The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a mind that is very original and able to grasp the most vague, ethereal and extreme concepts. The blend mixes friendliness, originality and independence of Aquarius with the emotional sensitivity and imagination of Pisces. You are a person who is naturally persevering and conscientious, being interested in detail, method and order. Your way of reacting to the world is very interesting. You can spend days just dreaming and speculating. You are fascinated by the unusual and the abstract, finding it interesting to take up studies in any number of bazaar topics. Loving to read and study, you may become very well informed on a wide variety of subjects. You lean heavily on your hunches and way out ideas, and you're easily distracted from routine work. You dream a lot and you have an utter faith in the dreams you dream. Your mind can get so far afield on some vaguely related tangent that you may even forget what the task at hand originally was. Your perceptions are so vividly acute that it is often not practical to pay attention to all of them. You live a private life of your own, into which few others ever penetrate. A keen imagination or a sort of mental vision allows you to be good money-maker in a variety of fields; you seem to be able to intuitively realize possibilities and take advantage of them. You success relies on talent and intelligence since you don't project a particularly strong leadership personality. There is a tendency for you to let things drift. At times you should display a more forceful will, but by and large you develop a very pronounced prudence and sense of caution. You can benefit in overcoming or controlling a tendency to accept things in a passive way, or in being too friendly and obliging if others incline to take advantage of your good nature.

Aquarius
In Aquarius, the energies of Mars are focused on intellectual pursuits, and therefore, mental energies are highest here. While Mars is focused on theory here, practical energies are usually found in adequate levels. The physical and emotional sides may struggle a little when Mars is in Aquarius.

The placement suggests the presence of very high principles and a modern outlook. You are concerned with the world of ideas, particularly those of an unconventional or progressive nature. Here the powers are independent, aggressive and enterprising.

You have good organizing abilities and calculated direction. You are a very good leader who can meet challenges with serenity and poise. Aquarius is a fixed sign and you are stubborn most of the time. If you believe in something, you put the idea forward with the zeal of an evangelist. You think of yourself as open-minded; willing to discuss the issues. Yet your discussions often get to be heated arguments, and you rarely give in to an opposing view. You can never work well under authoritarian direction, being one who is always out to upset the establishment. You are an active reformer with little respect for traditional ways. You can even be contemptuous of tradition unless it is substantiated with logic. You demand the freedom to speak frankly, and operate in your way.

Like the many other aspects of your life, sexually you are intrigued by anything new or unconventional. For you, variety is the spice of life. Yet somehow you are usually stable and dependable once you have found a mate.

The negative side of Mars in Aquarius resides in nonconformity. Indeed, you tend to lecture more than discuss, and you tend to demand compliance with your agenda. Your way is sometimes way out of the ordinary. At the same time, your energies are apt to produce more thought than action. You are the rebellious type, and you can become very impatient.

Aquarius
If Venus is in Aquarius in your chart it gives a romantic side that is cool, calm and detached. In your personal relationships, you have little regard for what society, your family, or peers think. Your attitude concerning social standards and morality may be unusual, and very much out of step with society. You set your own rules of behavior.
You have a sparkle in your personality that usually produces many friends. You are popular and well liked when you are letting this side of your nature show through. You can be friendly enough, but emotions are something that you rarely display. Indeed, you may be very much unaware that friends you are enjoying are becoming romantically attracted to you. The possibility may just not enter you mind. Not a romantic, you are so impersonal and aloof. When the moment calls for romance, you mind may be many miles away.
Romantic attractions that do occur are often sudden, and in some way unusual; they may end just as suddenly as they began. A permanent partner will have to be a friend first and a lover second. You love your freedom so much that you're ready to run at the slightest provocation. This elusiveness and a noncommittal attitude results in late marriages for most with Venus in Aquarius. Any expression of possessiveness by your partner is not acceptable, as you demand near absolute freedom. You value your individuality very highly, and find it hard to allow a mate tell you what to do or how to live. Yet by the same token, you are willing to respect the independence and ideals of your partner. In the end then, you can therefore succeed very nicely in an open and understanding relationship.

Hope
November 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hope,

I hear you. Wouldn't it be great to simply arrive when the door between the worlds is swinging open, avoiding all the commotion that happens on the way to that moment? I too have an Aquarius Sun (though not intercepted) and "they say" that we are dispassionate but this is totally false (they also say we are fixed and stubborn in our opinions, which is true!) . Aquarius folk are just as emotional as everyone else, just about different things. The ego-dramas of humans is NOT one of those things. But if you ever see someone sitting in a clear-cut sobbing, that is an Aquarius (Moon, Sun, Rising) or someone with Chiron in the Eleventh (the House of Aquarius).

LOL AMEN! lol

That said, you also have a Pisces Moon, which means you FEEL EVERYTHING....very psychic. Below is a canned description of Aquarius Sun and Pisces Moon. How well does it fit? Then check out the Venus and Mars descriptions too. I am trying to see how you DIFFER from the set interpretations, so as to better understand "interceptions".

RedRose

From: www.astrology-numerology.com (http://www.astrology-numerology.com)

11-12 Aquarius/Pisces
The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a mind that is very original and able to grasp the most vague, ethereal and extreme concepts. The blend mixes friendliness, originality and independence of Aquarius with the emotional sensitivity and imagination of Pisces. You are a person who is naturally persevering and conscientious, being interested in detail, method and order. Your way of reacting to the world is very interesting. You can spend days just dreaming and speculating. You are fascinated by the unusual and the abstract, finding it interesting to take up studies in any number of bazaar topics. Loving to read and study, you may become very well informed on a wide variety of subjects.

Very true, enjoy a LOT of topics, and find it funny that people expect me to pick a favorite, umm hello depends on what is happening at that time. It is easy to study and become an expert on a lot of things, and quickly make a difference.

I like order but to a degree, I am not a neat freak but I am annoyed when we have a place for something and it gets put away nearish it lol Fine for a thing or two but when Richard starts stacking I am just UGH -- hello clutter is proven to cause problems (mental, emotional, and physical) and hello we have places to put things lol

And yes I feel everything.....that can be very, very hard.

You lean heavily on your hunches and way out ideas, and you're easily distracted from routine work. You dream a lot and you have an utter faith in the dreams you dream. Your mind can get so far afield on some vaguely related tangent that you may even forget what the task at hand originally was.

I do lean heavily on my inner voice, I did not once and something very horrific happened, and it in fact turned me away from anything, full time shielding of emotions, hunches etc for well over a year. Ever since I always listen to my inner voice....

Actually it works a bit to the opposite for me, I get so busy working I forget there are other people around, someone can walk right up to my desk and I am so into MY work they can scare me half to death with a "excuse me I have a ..."

I do have faith in what I know can be, unshakeable, I can see it ....

Your perceptions are so vividly acute that it is often not practical to pay attention to all of them. You live a private life of your own, into which few others ever penetrate. A keen imagination or a sort of mental vision allows you to be good money-maker in a variety of fields; you seem to be able to intuitively realize possibilities and take advantage of them.

Nods it is tiring, it is like raising teens you pick and choose what is important. Yes whatever I choose to pursue seems to work well for me, interestingly looking back .... works well to what I believe the ceiling is, meaning it is simple to get to the top of the game, but in the past my belief of what the top was, frankly was not always true, and I was limited by my belief. I am just getting that in the last hmmm year and a half or so I would say. And it is frustrating LOL

You success relies on talent and intelligence since you don't project a particularly strong leadership personality. There is a tendency for you to let things drift. At times you should display a more forceful will, but by and large you develop a very pronounced prudence and sense of caution. You can benefit in overcoming or controlling a tendency to accept things in a passive way, or in being too friendly and obliging if others incline to take advantage of your good nature.

Not even, I have always been a natural leader and even when I go to an event and say nope NOT GOING TO DO IT to myself before I go it just happens EVEN when the new people do not know me for all they know I am a housewife who never ever held leadership at all lol

But the other is dead on, I do tend to be too obliging.... any of my friends would laugh and say umm hello YES!

Aquarius
In Aquarius, the energies of Mars are focused on intellectual pursuits, and therefore, mental energies are highest here. While Mars is focused on theory here, practical energies are usually found in adequate levels. The physical and emotional sides may struggle a little when Mars is in Aquarius.

The placement suggests the presence of very high principles and a modern outlook. You are concerned with the world of ideas, particularly those of an unconventional or progressive nature. Here the powers are independent, aggressive and enterprising.

You have good organizing abilities and calculated direction. You are a very good leader who can meet challenges with serenity and poise. Aquarius is a fixed sign and you are stubborn most of the time. If you believe in something, you put the idea forward with the zeal of an evangelist. You think of yourself as open-minded; willing to discuss the issues. Yet your discussions often get to be heated arguments, and you rarely give in to an opposing view.

Mostly true, and if I know I am right yes I am confident to fight it out, no be intimidated. However I am very open minded on seeing two sides of an issue, and helping others see two sides of an issue. In fact that is part of being a good community organizer.

You can never work well under authoritarian direction, being one who is always out to upset the establishment. You are an active reformer with little respect for traditional ways. You can even be contemptuous of tradition unless it is substantiated with logic. You demand the freedom to speak frankly, and operate in your way.

laughs never is a big word, BUT yes I am muchly an aquarius, "no do not use that door" makes me instantly think hmmm wonder what is behind THAT DOOR??? And just because something has been done one way for a long time, does not mean it was done right or well.... so yes logic needs to be applied LOL

Like the many other aspects of your life, sexually you are intrigued by anything new or unconventional. For you, variety is the spice of life. Yet somehow you are usually stable and dependable once you have found a mate.

Always been a one partner at a time person, and when you have that trust and relationship then ........ smiles

The negative side of Mars in Aquarius resides in nonconformity. Indeed, you tend to lecture more than discuss, and you tend to demand compliance with your agenda. Your way is sometimes way out of the ordinary. At the same time, your energies are apt to produce more thought than action. You are the rebellious type, and you can become very impatient.

Yes I can be very impatient, and most often about the ongoing talking and lack of action. Everyone repeating how they agree (or do not) is a waste of time, fine great vote and let's DO something about it. So a bit of a contradiction there to the front part.

Aquarius
If Venus is in Aquarius in your chart it gives a romantic side that is cool, calm and detached. In your personal relationships, you have little regard for what society, your family, or peers think. Your attitude concerning social standards and morality may be unusual, and very much out of step with society. You set your own rules of behavior.
You have a sparkle in your personality that usually produces many friends. You are popular and well liked when you are letting this side of your nature show through. You can be friendly enough, but emotions are something that you rarely display.

Very true I lean more towards open minded then boxes for ideas and relationships; and many people think we are best friends, when in truth i think of them more as an acquaintance. And the ability to keep my emotions to myself, until appropriate has earned me a reputation in both politics and child abuse work as much tougher then I really am emotionally -- I would say....

Indeed, you may be very much unaware that friends you are enjoying are becoming romantically attracted to you. The possibility may just not enter you mind. Not a romantic, you are so impersonal and aloof. When the moment calls for romance, you mind may be many miles away.
Romantic attractions that do occur are often sudden, and in some way unusual; they may end just as suddenly as they began. A permanent partner will have to be a friend first and a lover second. You love your freedom so much that you're ready to run at the slightest provocation. This elusiveness and a noncommittal attitude results in late marriages for most with Venus in Aquarius. Any expression of possessiveness by your partner is not acceptable, as you demand near absolute freedom. You value your individuality very highly, and find it hard to allow a mate tell you what to do or how to live. Yet by the same token, you are willing to respect the independence and ideals of your partner. In the end then, you can therefore succeed very nicely in an open and understanding relationship.

ROFL the someone is in love with me, EVERYONE knows except me muchly an ongoing theme. To the point that close friends point and laugh at me and use words like DUH! I think other people would say sudden, unless they are close to me and really know -- I do not jump into things.

Take Rich for example I said look if the universe wants me to date it will send a man to my door, couple days later knock knock. He was working on the cottage on the property and had to come and knock and talk to me for MONTHS (like FOUR of them) before I said hey! wait hmmmmm laughs... We had already discussed a lot of the BIG stuff... and I spoke well of him, in that girlfriends had been asking well when is he there, I wan t to meet him! lol

Then I spent a month really talking to him more, thinking about what his dimensions were as a person, and we ate together a lot for lunch. First "date" was great, he slept over and is still here ... So sure that may seem sudden if all you know is the date lol And when we had our one year "anniversary" our conversation was basically -- still happy? ok one more year? ok lol

I am happy to do things his way, or my way -- as long as it is a two way street, I don't want it all my way I am not his mommy and I don't want it all his way he is not my dad. So yes has to be give and take.... but in truth isn't that true of any real or successful relationship......

Make sense??

love
t

RedRose
November 28th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Hope,

Seems like you fit all the standard interpretations. You have clearly found ways to access your Sun, Mars and Venus energies....so big question. Were you squelched as a child? Were you allowed to be you? I am wondering if the Interception points to someone who has had to work hard to be herself?

Or to someone who was blessed with encouragement all the way along? Did your Mama see faeries?

RedRose

PS - I know they always say that Aquarians are not good leaders, but that is so Piscean! In the age of Aquarius, it would be wonderful if everyone would fund an Aquarius to do some crazy futuristic project. No, no, too limiting! Everyone find Aquarius in your chart and fund yourself to do something futuristic in the direction indicated by that House, right now!

Truth is, we Aquariums are great Un-Leaders, and that is what is needed. Facilitators, no more autocratic bosses...blech.

RedRose

Lorrie
November 28th, 2007, 10:26 PM
OK, here is my chart, as soon as I can get a few quiet minutes I will read through this and catch up.

Hope
November 30th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Hope,

Seems like you fit all the standard interpretations. You have clearly found ways to access your Sun, Mars and Venus energies....so big question. Were you squelched as a child? Were you allowed to be you? I am wondering if the Interception points to someone who has had to work hard to be herself?

Or to someone who was blessed with encouragement all the way along? Did your Mama see faeries?

RedRose

PS - I know they always say that Aquarians are not good leaders, but that is so Piscean! In the age of Aquarius, it would be wonderful if everyone would fund an Aquarius to do some crazy futuristic project. No, no, too limiting! Everyone find Aquarius in your chart and fund yourself to do something futuristic in the direction indicated by that House, right now!

Truth is, we Aquariums are great Un-Leaders, and that is what is needed. Facilitators, no more autocratic bosses...blech.

RedRose

laughs yes facilitators, organizers, etc not dictators

soory btw it took me time to get here, we are in the middle of the move from ugh lol

I have had to work very very hard to be myself, and in fact since I was 14 have been on my own. I had a very rough childhood, so rough that still much of it is blocked out, kinda as if yeah lived through that no need to relive it.

That said there were people that muchly allowed me to explore, and there was a grandpa and an aunt that were very in touch and very honest about that, and encouraging.

Teaching things all of the time in how to use energy to read people, the cycles of nature, my grandfather was beyond words in his lessons and abilities :)

love
t

RedRose
December 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks Hope,

I have no idea what the interceptions mean then (except for the Mars) - though I am happy you had a bascally happy childhood of course!

Shatril, what do you think? Other astrologers reading?

RedRose

Hope
December 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks Hope,

I have no idea what the interceptions mean then (except for the Mars) - though I am happy you had a bascally happy childhood of course!

Shatril, what do you think? Other astrologers reading?

RedRose

umm NO not a basically happy childhood

very rough is the polite way of saying it

love
t

RedRose
December 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hope,

I reread your post and see that I misread it the first time! Damn! I am a mite busy these last days. I got it now.

The only good news here is that it explains the interceptions and of course, the news that you made it and you, now, beam you true self so well!

RedRose

Hope
December 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
laughs, trust me I had to go back and make sure that I said it right

I totally understand the hurried reads, finally things are settling down a bit now here

I agree, I am a strong believer in learning a lesson and not having to repeat it, so the interceptions seem to support that thought train too :)

thanks again for using me and sharing the info, I have personally learned from it :)

love
t

brightspark
December 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hmm... I've been reading all the posts in this thread and I'm finding it fascinating!

Also, partly from being nudged here by RedRose and largely because I'm curious - here is my chart for you to have a look at. I've been told it may be of interest...

Let the examination begin! :smileroll

RedRose
December 6th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Hi Brightspark,

You come across to other very different from what is going on inside - probably a Shape Shifter! Gemini Rising with Ruling planet Mercury in Aquarius in the 10th makes you a talker, charsmatic, eccentric and entertaining.

You have Pluto intercepted in Scorpio in your 6th House (don't know what this means yet) and your Sun and NN in Pisces, intercepted in the 11th House. Your are here to be a Priestess this life (NN in Pisces) but this might not seem obvious because you have a very serious and practical side:

Uranus/Saturn/Mars conjunction in Capricorn in the 8th House, with Neptune thrown into that sign and house too.

.....Uranus/Saturn/Mars conjunction in Capricorn in the 8th House.

Here is a mundane description:

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/housecusp-8th.html

Capricorn

The influence of Capricorn in the eighth house produces a sense of responsibility regarding money. You do not like to borrow and you don't like being in debt. The sign yield very high sense of ethics in business dealing and you would never stoop to cheating or deceptions. If you did, you would suffer guilt for years. There is a very heavy sense of burden associated with obligation; it may be hard for you to accept any sort of gift or "strokes" with grace. You take on the responsibility of handling other people's money and do so with serious concern.

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/aspects.html

MARS conjunct SATURN

The conjunction of Mars and Saturn shows that you can use your energies constructively. Any tendency shown elsewhere in your chart to act on impulse is tempered with restraint. You rarely waste energies on unproductive activities. You are a physical person, but you know how to control and use of your physical energies. This aspect produces the capacity for hard work, enduring strength, and resourcefulness. Often this conjunction marks a tendency toward anger or hard feelings that you must control, if you can. You must avoid the negative attitudes and resentments that sometimes develop.

MARS conjunct URANUS

The conjunction of Mars and Uranus produces an unrestricted, forceful, and energetic nature. You play by your own rules and resist compliance to any controls of society. Your impulsiveness can present any number of problems, but you continue to insist on complete freedom of action. You insist on having your way. You have a strong inclination to experiment and test your theories as you go along. A reasonable degree of prudence is often lacking in your actions. You are likely to face roadblocks unless you can attain some position in which you are completely in charge.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/saturn-conjunct-uranus.php

Saturn conjunct Uranus

During the twentieth century, the conjunction aspect was made during 1942 and in 1988. It offers the possibility of an effective balance between these two antagonistic planets. Apart from those born under this aspect, the energy releaseed into the collective mind at these times can aid in the interplay between forces of order and chaos, conceivably bringing the opposites into equilibrium and allowing a space for something new to be born.

For the individual with this aspect, there should be the ability to fuse ideas with practical application, to ground and anchor those sometimes slightly intangible and ephemeral Uranian ideas, thus transferring the, from the level of mind into material existence. You should be able to take advantage of your personal resources and talents; and these can be effectively expressed through efficient organisation. The flow of Uranian energy should seem more consistent and reliable; and you will be able to apply persistence and focused will to achieve your objectives. Often, you will find enjoyment from becoming involved in situations where you can create order from chaos. Whilst this may appear Saturnian in nature, Uranus is not chaotic for the sake of it, but is only disruptive in order to create the conditions for a higher order to be superimposed.

You can function in a 'bridging role', carefully restoring a balance between order and change, and re-integrating this into a new structure which is an improvement on the previous one. In modern life, where so many changes are occurring so quickly, such a role can be most important, and utilises both of these planetary characteristics in a positive way. You have a sympathetic understanding of the past, and of the values and attitudes of conservative stability, yet also intuit and appreciate the necessity of change and evolving of social structures, organisations and individual development. You will try to integrate these threads, uniting what is worth retaining from the past with the ideas of the next step forward. Doing this, you work with both your intellect and intuitional faculties, and so reflect the next stage in human development towards the consciousness of unity.

You are likely to prefer a form of expression that involves a social contribution over and above mere participation in society; you would like to feel that you have some influence in improving things, and that your preoccupation is not totally for personal gain. This need can often give you a sense of direction in your life, and one which can absorb both of these planetary energies. If you begin to feel that you are having to keep down inner pressures of certain kinds, perhaps through a lack of channels to release them into, then it is a likely sign that you are not fluently expressing both the energies. Look at your life pattern and see which one is being repressed. In most cases, this would be the Uranus energy, as the Saturn energy, which is one of order and discipline, is often expressed through social conditioning. To free this blocked energy, more spontaneity, more experimentation, and exploration of new interests, would help. These would stimulate needed changes to happen, and so break down any fixed lifestyle patterns that are becoming inhibiting. If the Saturn energy is repressed, more self-discipline, commitment and perseverance to achieving your objectives would help. If the lifestyle lacks control, too much freedom could also lead to a loss of personal centre and stability, leaving you feeling lost and unsure of what to do or in which direction to travel. You will need to draw through the Saturn qualities of boundary-making and structure, so that your life and inner nature begin to take distinct form again, creating a stable foundation from which to work.

Shatril
December 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Brightspark,

You have Pluto intercepted in Scorpio in your 6th House (don't know what this means yet) and your Sun and NN in Pisces, intercepted in the 11th House. Your are here to be a Priestess this life (NN in Pisces) but this might not seem obvious because you have a very serious and practical side:

It would seem that Brightspark had some rebirth that took place in the 6th house in a recent past life, and has done much of the work on this area. There may be a need to be part of what is going on society, and impact it in some way throught the 6th house, but the energy/vehicle may be hard to find. One can say here; "what do you want to be when you grow up?" This could take a while to discern with the Pluto intercepted. This may be a real problem since the energy of Pluto is not readily available as it is intercepted in its own house. It will just take some time, and may be accessed through the other work in this scope. I think the backdoor key is through Venus which is the ruler of the Polarity Sign of Taurus. I'm not sure how that will transpire.

How are you with the people that attract you? I'm just curious due to the interception. Taurus and Scorpio are the most sensual of the signs, and with them intercepted, I was wondering how that is manifesting in your life. Fortunately Venus is in a sign that isn't intercepted, but she is in an area that seems to indicate that you will fall for someone easily and hard. However, you are not one to make a commitment easily, or permanently; according to planet placement. However, I want to hear what you have to say about this.

RedRose,

Pluto in Scorpio intercepted would shut the usual route into that Scorpio energy. So I'm kind of lloking for the backdoor into that Scorpio Energy here. It might be through Venus, which rules Taurus. I'm gonna do some research in this area.

Later, Shatril

RedRose
December 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you most kindly Shatril! Perhaps intercepted Pluto would indicate not being in touch with one's generation as well.

I went back to Keishin's article at the beginning of this thread. It is so fine!

"Intercepted signs basically are showing that the chart is out of balance. Part of its energy is locked inside a house, not on the outside where it can be active. Then the duplicated add TOO MUCH energy for a particular sign which throws things further out of balance. This makes it difficult to say the least. The person who owns the chart will find it hard, if not impossible to express the intercepted energies but extremely easy to express the duplicated signs. It helps to remember that houses show how we deal with our external life and the signs and planets with our approach to those matters. The solution to intercepted signs is to work with their dispositors and those of the duplicated signs. It makes the most sense for me to work with the signs in pairs, so I will start with the intercepted signs, and then move onto the duplicated signs."

Now what this is implying to me upon this most recent reading is that people born up North ( or close to the S. Pole) must learn balance. Our scopes show us these areas where we have extra energy and also where we are disconnected and it is up to us to seek balance. T-Squares demand that we take action to balance the energy as well.

People work these issues out without ever studying their horoscopes, but astrology sure helps.

RedRose

brightspark
December 9th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Hi Brightspark,

You come across to other very different from what is going on inside - probably a Shape Shifter! Gemini Rising with Ruling planet Mercury in Aquarius in the 10th makes you a talker, charsmatic, eccentric and entertaining.

Hmm... I'm only quite talkative once I know people actually being quite shy first off. I usually prefer listening to people and observing to speaking (not actually being very good at it - either speaking very little or disjointedly with small regard to grammer mixed in with loan words and punctuated with odd noises to emphasise my point. I do welcome disscussion though and I have been called 'weird' by many many people. I do not believe I have much charisma, often I feel like the quiet one of the group.

Capricorn in 8th house

The influence of Capricorn in the eighth house produces a sense of responsibility regarding money. You do not like to borrow and you don't like being in debt. The sign yield very high sense of ethics in business dealing and you would never stoop to cheating or deceptions. If you did, you would suffer guilt for years. There is a very heavy sense of burden associated with obligation; it may be hard for you to accept any sort of gift or "strokes" with grace. You take on the responsibility of handling other people's money and do so with serious concern.

Ah... much has been said about my need to conserve funds (I have kept many penny jars). I'm practically paranoid about spending money (then I flip and spend on impulse every so often lol) and I don't like being in people's debt. I tend to be an honest person, most people think I can't lie, the fact is I don't want to. I'm always amazed when people give me gifts, accepting those free as well as accepting compliments is a real difficulty of mine as I really don't understand why people would do this as well as getting an urge to 'repay' them or give them something in exchange.

MARS conjunct SATURN

The conjunction of Mars and Saturn shows that you can use your energies constructively. Any tendency shown elsewhere in your chart to act on impulse is tempered with restraint. You rarely waste energies on unproductive activities. You are a physical person, but you know how to control and use of your physical energies. This aspect produces the capacity for hard work, enduring strength, and resourcefulness. Often this conjunction marks a tendency toward anger or hard feelings that you must control, if you can. You must avoid the negative attitudes and resentments that sometimes develop.

I can do this occassionally, when I feel like it... when I actually work I like to give 120% to it. However I tend to dream and get distracted too much, I don't know if I'm lazy in the sense that I don't want to do anything... but I'm easy going most of the time, and I do *do things* fully (even if it's not what I'm supposed to be doing). Any time I start daydreaming though I have to move about, however I don't fidget needlessly (maybe aimlessly though) and I like doing many things at once.
I don't think I particularly have a temper, again the easygoing me is usually present - I do not like losing control and getting angry when I would rather talk things through logically and coolly. It takes a lot to get me started but it's certainly known when I *am* angry. Playfighting though is allowed lol

MARS conjunct URANUS

The conjunction of Mars and Uranus produces an unrestricted, forceful, and energetic nature. You play by your own rules and resist compliance to any controls of society. Your impulsiveness can present any number of problems, but you continue to insist on complete freedom of action. You insist on having your way. You have a strong inclination to experiment and test your theories as you go along. A reasonable degree of prudence is often lacking in your actions. You are likely to face roadblocks unless you can attain some position in which you are completely in charge.

Randomness is a major part of my life, and I know I have a tendency to do things on the spur of the moment - change plans, go off route just for the fun of it, dance spontaneously etc etc. I become riddiculously hyper unexpectedly as well! I do not like following authority blindly, but nor do I ignore it because I respect experience and knowledge. However I trust myself and my instincts far more often and like to question the whys and wherefores in many situations. I do not like being in charge, much prefering to work together with people, not being a dictator but trying to be a guide and someone whom they can turn to and use as a solid figure. One point though - because I'm still a teenager I think it's a little far at my stage of development in life to completely agree with this - I'm still at the 'rebellious' stage of my life after all! Plus I still feel very much like a young kid at times... not much like the capricorn energy that is indicated in my chart!

Saturn conjunct Uranus

You can function in a 'bridging role', carefully restoring a balance between order and change, and re-integrating this into a new structure which is an improvement on the previous one. You have a sympathetic understanding of the past, and of the values and attitudes of conservative stability, yet also intuit and appreciate the necessity of change and evolving of social structures, organisations and individual development.

You are likely to prefer a form of expression that involves a social contribution over and above mere participation in society; you would like to feel that you have some influence in improving things, and that your preoccupation is not totally for personal gain. This need can often give you a sense of direction in your life, and one which can absorb both of these planetary energies.

Feeling able to do something for society is something I have always wanted, something I know instinctively is part of my self and my own path - I am an idealist who likes to see practical results and I have always believed that I have a purpose that involves people. When I was younger I described myself as a kind of 'Warrior' to teach others, protect them and 'set things straight' in the world. However there is that niggly little point in deciding exactly how I am going to do this and what exactly I am going to do!

brightspark
December 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM
It would seem that Brightspark had some rebirth that took place in the 6th house in a recent past life, and has done much of the work on this area. There may be a need to be part of what is going on society, and impact it in some way throught the 6th house, but the energy/vehicle may be hard to find. One can say here; "what do you want to be when you grow up?" This could take a while to discern with the Pluto intercepted. This may be a real problem since the energy of Pluto is not readily available as it is intercepted in its own house. It will just take some time, and may be accessed through the other work in this scope. I think the backdoor key is through Venus which is the ruler of the Polarity Sign of Taurus. I'm not sure how that will transpire.

Working out what I want to do in life has and is a major question, 'how can I make an impact? How can I be of service to the world? How can I change things for the better?' If only I knew how to answer that!

How are you with the people that attract you? I'm just curious due to the interception. Taurus and Scorpio are the most sensual of the signs, and with them intercepted, I was wondering how that is manifesting in your life. Fortunately Venus is in a sign that isn't intercepted, but she is in an area that seems to indicate that you will fall for someone easily and hard. However, you are not one to make a commitment easily, or permanently; according to planet placement. However, I want to hear what you have to say about this.

With people I attract... especially in romantic relationships (thinking of venus' traditional roles) I do tend to fall quite easily and forcefully as well. At heart I am romantic and love all things sensual & sexual, being a very tactile person anyway (I love giving hugs & massages), however this isn't as easily expressed as I would like, mainly because of some nasty experiences I had when I was younger.
I hate being tied down but I become very emotionally involved (thankfully though I am not possessive!)
I also tend to attract people who have a lot of issues from the past or who going through them at the time.
My 3 major partners - a guy who had severe self image and self confidence issues especially regarding sex, a paranoid schizephrenic who completely wrecked me emotionally and mentally, and now a wonderful guy (who says he has no problems especially 'not like mine') and is the son of a vicar.

[/quote]

RedRose
December 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Great info!

To keep everything straight I have attempted to get an overview but I pooped out before I included everyone. Please check my work if you are on my list, or post your own Intercepted Planets and Duplications.

Brightspark

Intercepted Planets: Sun in Pisces in 11th, NN in Pisces in 11th, Pluto in Scorpio in 6th House

Duplications: 1st and 2nd Houses Gemini, 7th and 8th House Sag. 4th and 5th Houses Leo, 10th and 11th Houses Aquarius.

Lorrie:

Intercepted Planets: Sun in Sag in the 5th House, Mercury in Sag. in the 5th house, Mars in Sag in the 5th house, Venus in Sag in the 5th House

Duplications: 1st and 2nd House Leo, 7th and 8th House Aquairus

Hope:

Intercepted Planets, Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd House, Venus in Aquairus in the 2nd House, Mars in Aquarius in the 2nd House.

Duplications:

12th and 1st House Sag. 6th and 7th House Gemini

Branwen:

Interceptions:

Mars in Virgo in the 6th, Pluto in Virgo in the 6th House.

Duplications:

4th and 5th House Cancer, 10th and 11th House Capricorn

RedRose:

Interceptions:

Mars in Aries in the 12th House, Neptune in Libra in the 6th House

Duplications:

3rd and 4th House cancer, 9th and 10th House Capricorn.

Shatril
December 10th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Working out what I want to do in life has and is a major question, 'how can I make an impact? How can I be of service to the world? How can I change things for the better?' If only I knew how to answer that!

With people I attract... especially in romantic relationships (thinking of venus' traditional roles) I do tend to fall quite easily and forcefully as well. At heart I am romantic and love all things sensual & sexual, being a very tactile person anyway (I love giving hugs & massages), however this isn't as easily expressed as I would like, mainly because of some nasty experiences I had when I was younger.
I hate being tied down but I become very emotionally involved (thankfully though I am not possessive!)
I also tend to attract people who have a lot of issues from the past or who going through them at the time.
My 3 major partners - a guy who had severe self image and self confidence issues especially regarding sex, a paranoid schizephrenic who completely wrecked me emotionally and mentally, and now a wonderful guy (who says he has no problems especially 'not like mine') and is the son of a vicar.

[/QUOTE]

Ok those are both things that I would have expected with the interceptions that you have. I was afraid to put that out there in case it wasn't part of your make up.

I will look at the duplications again soon. I have a job out of town for the next couple of days so may not get right to that, but will have something by the end of the week.

I also would like to see what your NN is doing so will use RR's nice chart there and see what Jan Spiller has for you there.

So much for now.

Shatril
December 12th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Lorrie, I put some NN information over this thread for you. http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=39969

Let us know how this feels.

Lorrie
December 12th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Lorrie, I put some NN information over this thread for you. http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=39969

Let us know how this feels.

It is painfully true!!!:T:T:T

RedRose
December 13th, 2007, 11:40 AM
FEEDBACK TIME

I am lightly "whelmed", not yet overwhelmed with this thread. Somebody, not Shatril, tell me what you are seeing here.

RedRose

Shaddar
December 16th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I found this information while I was doing a chart for a friend, now mind you I am a noob at this stuff, so if this doesn't belong here just delete it. I was actually researching the Chiron stuff, and found this buried in miscellaneous stuff in the book. I thought it might be important.

Interceptions—

Interceptions are very Chirotic because they are always a sign that the soul has set up the dynamic to force the issue in this lifetime. It is as if the Uranus is going to electrify and push consciousness until Saturn takes control of the past-life failure, and disciplines the soul into manifesting the issues. Be prepared for a strong statement: I have never yet had a client with an interception who wasn’t mastering their karmice failure and givning the gift indicated by the interception. I have puzzled for years, and I didn’t understand what might be happening until I really experienced the teaching which says that we have the same rising sign degree with each incarnation in a cycle; that the Sabian symbol is a reading of the sould throughout all lifetimes. So when there is an interception the client has created an alteration in the dynamic in order to accomplish something very karmic. The Virgo/Pisces intercept is the most Chirotic and Karmic of all.

Astrologers can help clients handle interceptions perhaps better than any other dynamic in the chart, because one of the few opportunities for this level of identification of exoteric purpose is in an astrological reading. Let’s discuss what the interception feels like and then go into how to work on it, while discussing it specifically as Virgo/Pices.

The intercepted house polarity is the part of the consciousness that the native feels like a complete failure about, when it is in fact the part of themselves that is developing the most. If you ask a native how he or she functions in the area delineated, you will hear a tale of failure or guilt. That is because he or she feels guilty about it, as if it could never be made up, and the native isn’t even conscious of the tremendous accomplishment in that area since birth.. If you ask other people, they will rave about the contribution of this person in that area. Let’s take the example of a person who has her Virgo in the ninth youse and Pices in the third. This shows that she was supposed to bring her soul into the body and manifest her energy as a spiritual teacher, and that she once refused. This woman is considered to be a great teacher at the present time by all who know her, she never stops working on the issue, and yet she feels she isn’t making it. The interception never stops driving us to bring in that gift that was once asked from us and which we refused to give.

What to do about it? First of all, pointing it out is very powerful. The native almost can’t resist drawing in a deep breath over having this struggle recognized. Next, you must coach the native to acknowledge very carefully all the progress they have made, because in fact it is always prodigious. The native must go through a series of affirmations of progress in order to placate the past life guilt that is driving him or her into believing the gift cannot be brought in. Guilt is never a healthy dynamic.

In a reading the vision can be refocused on the gift being brought in, and it can be consciously given with no reservations. We must stop holding back, we must see that what we are is in direct proportion to how we define ourselves. We can, in fact, bring in the most subtle and powerful parts of our natal chart. The time has come, and the universe accepts it.

When Chiron as a planet is intercepted, the Chirotic force was suppressed during a significant past life related to this one, and the native is driven to bring the energy in now. This is a powerful position for alchemical manifestation. These natives need special guidance on activating their inherent healing powers. A good example of this is a Yoga teacher, with Chiron in Scorpio in the sixth house. ~~Chiron by Barbara Hand Clow

Shatril
December 17th, 2007, 10:01 AM
FEEDBACK TIME

I am lightly "whelmed", not yet overwhelmed with this thread. Somebody, not Shatril, tell me what you are seeing here.

RedRose

You seemed to have scared everyone off with your question, or maybe they are just busy.

Shaddar, Welcome to MW, and thank you for that information. It puts some interesting light on this subject, but also points out the many differences of the interpretive methods used by astrologers for interceptions. <sigh> Guess we must all develop our own method, and use our intuitions and feedback from the native to establish the proper method for each.

My method worked for some, but with Hope it didn't fit well. So after much searching I see how Hopes is better suited to the Clow method. Hummmmmmm

:hugz: to all Shatril

RedRose
December 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Blessings Shatril,

Hmmmm, I guess I will have to give up my psychic's licence. I swear I can feel astrologers lurking here. Also there are people who can read lots of testimony and see things I don't see....I could swear they are reading this thread. You don't feel them?

During these MarsRX Holy Daze miracles might even happen. Keishin, or Kadynas, or Business Voodoo, or the great Fluffmeister could even visit! Pop in at least. And ValD, Monk and Punx are here. They might gift us their research gifts too.

"Do interceptions impact world event scopes?" I might ask Monk. Actually I just did ask him....(you listening dear?).

RedRose

PS - Thank you Shaddar. This is great added information. Welcome!

PSS - So how does the info. Shaddar posted fit and not fit for all of us with interceptions? Consider if these insights were true when we were children, even if we don't have these problems as adults. Please post your perceptions. Your participation is such a gift:

1. to this MW Astrology experience because without you we are an dull and sad place.

2. to astrologers and astrology

3. And it is a great way of helping me, yer RedRose say:

HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE 2007 SISTER SHATRIL !

Shatril
December 17th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Blessings Shatril,

Hmmmm, I guess I will have to give up my psychic's licence. I swear I can feel astrologers lurking here. Also there are people who can read lots of testimony and see things I don't see....I could swear they are reading this thread. You don't feel them?

During these MarsRX Holy Daze miracles might even happen. Keishin, or Kadynas, or Business Voodoo, or the great Fluffmeister could even visit! Pop in at least. And ValD, Monk and Punx are here. They might gift us their research gifts too.

"Do interceptions impact world event scopes?" I might ask Monk. Actually I just did ask him....(you listening dear?).

PS - Thank you Shaddar. This is great added information. Welcome!

PSS - So how does the info. Shaddar posted fit and not fit for all of us with interceptions? Consider if these insights were true when we were children, even if we don't have these problems as adults. Please post your perceptions. Your participation is such a gift:

1. to this MW Astrology experience because without you we are an dull and sad place.

2. to astrologers and astrology

3. And it is a great way of helping me, yer RedRose say:

HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE 2007 SISTER SHATRIL !

RedRose

I didn't say they aren't reading this, I'm just saying they aren't responding to the question. When RedRose is whelmed, even I feel a little intimidated by this. :rollingla I'm reasonably sure that you would pass the psychic exam with flying colors, so no need to give up. Yeah, hopefully the big guns will get a break during the holidays and gift us with their wisdom.

One of the things that I saw, was that I immediately dumped all of Keishan's information as soon as someone didn't fit my pattern. What I really needed to do was go back and read it again. If I had, Hope's responses would have made more sense to me.

HAPPY YULE 2007 TO YOU TO SISTER REDROSE. MANY HAPPY RETURNS FOR THE NEW YEAR. (in the most astrological meaning of the words.)

RedRose
December 17th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Shatril,

This is real astrology research. We are playing on the edges and over our heads for sure. I love that! Aquarius heaven.

This is what i have gotten so far:

Intercepted Sun:

Intercepted Suns probably have a fuzzier sence of self than "normal". They may have some things in common with Sun/Neptune conjunct folk and Neptune in 1st House people. For some, not having a firm ego-structure can be a challenge this life, and others it isn't a big deal. It can be an big advantage, of course, once you get the hang of it!

Intercepted Mars:

Those of us with intercepted Mars are reporting that our energy is either GREAT or zip....we hit the wall and must take a nap...now...zzzzz.

Duplications:

I resonate with the idea that I can come across as TOO TOO in Cancer/Capricorn (my duplications, 2nd/3rd and 9th/10th Houses) - especially when I was young. I think I seemed to need lots of emotional assurance and also needed to gain respect from those in authority.

RedRose

Hope
December 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
One of the things I have noticed in the past is that folks that are into astrology are much like people that do readings.

Some really are into the study, some are and use a lot of what they feel, and some are just making it up as they go.

In the past I have found that to be an annoyance for a few reasons (like many I am sure) because there never is a WHY, or a WHAT FOR, and often a contradiction.

I have enjoyed this thread, because there have been the ok when this is here it means .... and that is a nice thing to have to look at.

We have a woman here locally Judy Joyce, who I have seem working at festivals (never have gotten an interp from her) who reads that way. With facts, and ok this is here, this is here, this means this, that means that.

That is a nice way to be able to learn, instead of just hearing something positive or negative about yourself with no context.

I personally am a believer in astrology being able to show you what lessons you have passed, what things will make the road ahead be a bit rocky, and also a place to find your strengths :) It is like being handed a map, doesn't mean you follow it perfectly, but you can see the roads, and such.

Is that the kind of feedback you are looking for redrose?

love
t

RainInanna
December 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Intercepted: Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Capricorn in the 1st House

Duplicated: 12th and 1st house Sagittarius, 6th and 7th house Gemini (I think - is it the two houses that start in the sign that is duplicated?)

Shatril
December 18th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Intercepted: Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Capricorn in the 1st House

Duplicated: 12th and 1st house Sagittarius, 6th and 7th house Gemini (I think - is it the two houses that start in the sign that is duplicated?)

Can you post that chart, or give me you time, date and place of birth so I can make one.

Thanks, Shatril

RedRose
December 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Blessings Hope,

That was wonderful, better that I could have thought to ask for. Thank you so much.

All astrologers are simply reading the symbols and those symbols do have set meanings.

Astrology is also evolving, or as you say, being made up on the fly - but there are real limits to this.

Basically astrology come with a cosmology. It assumes that the Creator and the Creation/Cosmos are One. Thus when a new Planet is discovered, most astrologers believe that, though this planet was "out there" all along, that it wasn't part of human;s CONSCIOUS AWARENESS yet. New planets discovered mean humans are growing in awareness. So Astrology evolves as humans evolve.

Take Chiron, the asteroid, which was "discovered" in 1977. It takes 50 years to go around the Sun, so Chiron has not yet had it's own Chiron Return from it's own discovery date. It has hit its final Square. But since 1977 Astrologers have been studying it and gathering data about real people (like we are doing in this thread). Chiron is teaching us about Chiron.

RedRose

PS - I am actually asking for us all to reread this thread and see if we can learn more about what Interceptions are really about.

RainInanna
December 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Can you post that chart, or give me you time, date and place of birth so I can make one.

Thanks, Shatril

Certainly it is at http://mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78155&d=1195355989]

RainInanna
December 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'll come back to rereading and considering. So far for me I can just say the intercepted planets are the ones I seem to consider a struggle to work with. I see them as a stumbling block but considering what was said (not sure if it was in this thread?) about people not realizing that which they think they are having the hardest time with could be what they have made the most progress on.

Though my duplications I'm not sure about yet at all.

RainInanna
December 18th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Duplicated signs info - http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/duplicated_signs.htm

punxzen
December 20th, 2007, 08:13 PM
PS - I am actually asking for us all to reread this thread and see if we can learn more about what Interceptions are really about.

okay, this is what i got so far...

it seems like our souls needed greater experience in a given area of life experience, so we blew up the house governing the given area in order to both intercept a sign within it and allow for greater time for transiting planets to pass through. when we capture a sign within a house it gives the house more ruling planets, which in turn brings all the challenging aspects those planets make throughout the rest of chart into sharp focus within the given house.

redrose, you have 3 rulers for your 12th house: neptune, jupiter, and mars. those three make hard squares to each other and bring all the rest of your chart into the mix as well through either sextiles or trines. how has this played out in your life?

as far as doubling goes, seems to me that would give extra houses to a given planetary ruler, while reducing the amount of time transiting planets spend in the given house. perhaps then this signifies a house in which we have relatively less room to grow? or simply have to grow at a faster pace?

raininanna, you have jupiter ruling your 12th, 1st, and 3rd houses with the 12th being relatively little. now, saturn also rules your 1st house, but with jupiter holdin the reigns there too, perhaps that explains your tensions with the restricting/limiting influence of saturn ruled capricorn. you are not content with saturn's influence, you need that dynamic tension provided by jupiter's expansive ways pushing against saturn's contraction. look at where jupiter and saturn fall in your chart. they both operate through the virgo energy, but they make very different aspects to the other planets in your chart. jupiter has the conjunction with mars, a very loose conjunction with your NN, a close trine with your moon, and a tight trine with chiron. on the other hand, saturn has a tight trine with your sun/merc conjunction, and a tight sextile with uranus. then look at the hard aspects to the two. you have a very loose opposition to jupiter from venus, and a square to saturn from neptune. what do you think rain? maybe your search for the strengths in your chart could be geared toward understanding the tension between jupiter and saturn? perhaps jupiter's role in your chart (ruling the 12th, 1st, and 3rd) might show you the strengths you are looking for?

RainInanna
December 20th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I think I'd better learn more about aspects really quick ;)

Shatril
January 1st, 2008, 07:17 AM
Here is Cheshire Eyes Chart. I am placing it here as he has interceptions, and other interesting things going on here.

CheshireEyes
January 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Here is Cheshire Eyes Chart. I am placing it here as she has interceptions, and other interesting things going on here.

I'm a boy, darlin'. And i'm grr, baby, very grrr....:abanana:

~Owl~
January 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
I know that Keishin wrote another excellent article on Intercepted/Duplicated Signs here somewhere. I copied it for my own reference, as I'll admit, it's a weak point for me.

I know enough about them, to work them in a chart, but explaining it is my weak point. It's VERY complicated to explain.

But I thought Keish did an excellent job.

I'll see if I can find it.

~Owl~
January 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Here is Cheshire Eyes Chart. I am placing it here as she has interceptions, and other interesting things going on here.

Haven't read through this thread yet, but Libra Moon....no wonder you're such a charmer with the ladies.

And a Double Sag, with a 4 planet Stellium in your first HOUSE!!! Wow.

Forgot to check to see if any conjunctions are to your ASC or not.

Haven't studied it too much yet. That was just a glance.

But having Scorpio intercepted would definitly make you have a hard shell, and keep your feelings, and emotions in check, and not let too many ppl into your inner circle, esp. being in the 11th house.

CheshireEyes
January 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Haven't read through this thread yet, but Libra Moon....no wonder you're such a charmer with the ladies.

And a Double Sag, with a 4 planet Stellium in your first HOUSE!!! Wow.

Forgot to check to see if any conjunctions are to your ASC or not.

Haven't studied it too much yet. That was just a glance.

But having Scorpio intercepted would definitly make you have a hard shell, and keep your feelings, and emotions in check, and not let too many ppl into your inner circle, esp. being in the 11th house.

Me? A charmer? Nah.....:hahugh:

Yeah, not many people make it on the inside....:vanish:

~Owl~
January 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
If I get time, I'll look at it more later, and study it.

As I have software, I can create charts that are easier to read.

I'll set one up for you for my own PC to look at.

CheshireEyes
January 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
If I get time, I'll look at it more later, and study it.

As I have software, I can create charts that are easier to read.

I'll set one up for you for my own PC to look at.

you're just the sweetest, darling....:fpraise::woot:

~Owl~
January 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Pfffft...

CheshireEyes
January 1st, 2008, 01:19 PM
Pfffft...

you can't fool me, i know you're smilin'....coochie coochie coo....:hahugh:

Lorrie
January 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Owl, might the article be on the first page of this thread? I have found many excellent articles in this forum, have many set aside to reference as needed. My online time is normally limited, so I like to be able to sit with the grandkids in the other room, and be able to read up on the latest finding.

Shatril
January 1st, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm a boy, darlin'. And i'm grr, baby, very grrr....:abanana:

OMG I'm so sorry what a gaff. I guess I should have looked at the chart more carefully, and possibly your profile. :falloffch

Forgive me please :fpraise: I beg you. You'll be happy to know that you aren't the first one I've done something like this to.

Shatril
January 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
This is attached to the Keishen thread done on Intercepted and Duplicated Signs. Owl will see that sooner or later I'm sure.

Lorrie
January 1st, 2008, 02:20 PM
OMG I'm so sorry what a gaff. I guess I should have looked at the chart more carefully, and possibly your profile. :falloffch

Forgive me please :fpraise: I beg you. You'll be happy to know that you aren't the first one I've done something like this to.

Easy mistake to make, he is always in the middle of all the women!!!!:T We all love our CE!!

Lorrie
January 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
This is attached to the Keishen thread done on Intercepted and Duplicated Signs. Owl will see that sooner or later I'm sure.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! :hehehehe:

Shatril
January 9th, 2008, 03:28 PM
We have another chart that has interceptions. Aloukaloo has intercepted Aries and Libra, and duplicated Cancer/Capricorn. She has an interpretation in this thread http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=179485

However, I am posting this chart here for our consideration of the intercepted signs.

~Owl~
January 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I get around to it sometime during the month...LOL...

Actually, Keish DID write up an EXCELLENT article on intercepted/duped signs.

As fascinating as they are, I've found them to be a challenge sometimes. As with astrology in general, there really isn't a textbook answer to everything, and many people may have varying degrees of insight into such a chart. ;)

Oh, and CE:

BITE ME.

:cutie:

CheshireEyes
January 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Oh, and CE:

BITE ME.

:cutie:

be careful what you ask for, because i do....:bat:

Shatril
January 10th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Well Owl, what we are trying to do is see what the "experts" say about different interceptions in a specific person's chart. We then ask them to tell us just how much of this fits with their real life. So far we are finding some really interesting things. Read this thread, and see what it says to you. Your opinion would be quite useful. RR and I are still collecting empirical data (a balance thing for me), to help us better understand this concept.

Look forward to see what you think.

Shatril
January 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
From here (http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm)

Aries-Libra Intercepted: Intercepted Aries makes it difficult to take action. Since Pisces is the sign on the cusp (beginning) of the house, the person will generally find it easy to daydream in the area of life ruled by that house, and daydream, and daydream…Taking action tends to get put off. When they finally do act, they are likely to suddenly dive in as if they had never thought about the thing they were considering. Pisces is dreamy and peaceful. Aries is aggressive. Intercepted Aries makes it difficult to be assertive in the life area ruled by the house where it is located. Pisces on the cusp would rather avoid confrontation. Those with an intercepted Aries may fear taking action or asserting themselves. Emotional pressure can build up, and when they finally do assert themselves, they frequently explode, doing something totally inappropriate.

In the opposite house, it is difficult for them to form partnerships where both parties are equal. For example, if the intercepted Libra is in the 6th house, that would cause problems treating co-workers as equals. If it were in the 11th house, the problem would be with friends. Since Virgo is the sign on the house cusp, a person with intercepted Libra will be seen as a servant in that area, or as someone who is always supplying services, or who always has the answers. Conversely, other people may be the ones who are forced into the role of servants. A balanced relationship is difficult to achieve and sustain.

How do you deal with these problems? Look to Venus and Mars in your horoscope. Their sign and house placements, as well as the aspects they form may offer a way out. Also, see which signs appear on two houses. The functions of these “duplicated signs” and the areas of your life affected by the houses they occupy can give you an escape hatch from the interceptions.

Let us know how this fits you Aluokaloo.

Shatril
January 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Cancer and Capricorn Duplicated: Cancer shows where we need a sense of security; need to “feel at home.” Capricorn, by contrast, shows the life areas where we have to organize and build, where we can be efficient.

Cancer /Capricorn duplicated. You want to feel secure in your daily activities, your home, and you family life. You will take steps to assure this security. You are sure that you are methodical when it comes to study and learning, and probably to well when you are applying yourself, which is most of the time. You seek out opportunities for further learning in areas of philosophy, and other "profound" subjects. You may have the capacity to astral travel. You enjoy long distance travel and seek opportunities to do this. In whatever areas you choose to express yourself in these areas, you will organize, build and be efficient in your approach.

Let me know how this one fits.

RedRose
January 10th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Shatril,

I am currently running on the perception that Interceptions and Duplications show places where we need to actively Balance. I have extra Cancer/Capricorn and I am scant on AriesLlibra this life - EXCEPT that, to complicate things, I have Intercepted Planets. I am seeing that Intercepted Planets are hard to access. They often mean that parents etc. actively tried to block our access to these archetypical forces (planets). By the time we grow up, we may be very in touch with our lost Mars energy, or Venus or whatever.

Whacha feel/think?

RedRose

Shatril
January 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Shatril,

I am currently running on the perception that Interceptions and Duplications show places where we need to actively Balance. I have extra Cancer/Capricorn and I am scant on AriesLlibra this life - EXCEPT that, to complicate things, I have Intercepted Planets. I am seeing that Intercepted Planets are hard to access. They often mean that parents etc. actively tried to block our access to these archetypical forces (planets). By the time we grow up, we may be very in touch with our lost Mars energy, or Venus or whatever.

Whacha feel/think?

RedRose

well that is exactly what I believed this was about, until Hope came along, and then I questioned everything about that. However, I'm learning that in most instances this is the correct approach. There are just those that may have moved past the challenges of the interceptions, Hope, and this would have come out somewhere in her astrological chart had we had time to do it completely.

Shatril
January 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Here are the links to the interceptions and duplications. You can also look about 4 posts away to see Aluokaloo's readings, which are the same as yours.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm

Cancer and Capricorn Duplicated: Cancer shows where we need a sense of security; need to “feel at home.” Capricorn, by contrast, shows the life areas where we have to organize and build, where we can be efficient.

Cancer /Capricorn duplicated. This duplication falls into your 3rd and 4th house (cancer) and 8th and 9th house Capricorn. You need to feel secure in your home and family life, and this came up in your North Node also, so you want to make sure that you work on that first Chakra Balance (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=163795). (This is a blatant advertisment for my COT Class,however, this will help with security) This particular placement is advantageous to teachers, counselors, and self-help gurus. You are probably full of good advice for everyone around; however, make sure they want to hear what you have to say before you put forth that advice.

Shatril

RedRose
January 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Thank Shatril.

My duplications are Cancer on 3rd and 4th House cusps, and Capricorn on the 9th and 10th. I have Capricorn on the MH; sigh.... which I think makes your advice even more right on. With Chiron at 1* Aquarius, 5 degrees off the MH into the 10th House.... got to do it "my" Way. I will check out your class, next weekend, or sooner, if schoolwork permits.

RedRose

RedRose
January 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Shatril,

Regarding Hope's scope, I am seeing that the methodology that Keshin and you use seems to work perfectly for accessing Intercepted Houses. It is the Intercepted Planets that can complicate things. Intercepted Sun appears to make folks less connected to their "self", or ego. They can work on this, or work around this, or it might not be a bad thing for them this life; all depending.

I am going to talk about my Intercepted Neptune in Libra in my Virgo 6th House in the next few days, and check scopes here to see who else have Neptune Intercepted. We need to also look at Venus Interceptions, and Moon Intercepted sounds difficult to me.....

RedRose

thought_on_a_wind
January 16th, 2008, 03:52 AM
It fit for the most part, with a few differences. I try to keep things in balance within me as much as possible (maybe thanks to Libra's influences), so most of the time centering isn't really a problem. The advice thing was dead-on. A lot of people have come up to me for it, and I've obliged.

Even that last little bit about make sure the advice is welcomed hits to a T. Sometimes people would come up to me to answer something, just to say I'm not making any sense and that they waisted thier time.
(same has happened when I've approached others just how you wrote it). More oft than not, however, my advice was appreciated. I definitely have the inborn pre-disposition to teach others.

As for the intercepted signs, did I also share those with Aloukaloo? Or did the similarities end at the duplicated signs?

Here are the links to the interceptions and duplications. You can also look about 4 posts away to see Aluokaloo's readings, which are the same as yours.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm

Cancer /Capricorn duplicated. This duplication falls into your 3rd and 4th house (cancer) and 8th and 9th house Capricorn. You need to feel secure in your home and family life, and this came up in your North Node also, so you want to make sure that you work on that first Chakra Balance (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=163795). (This is a blatant advertisment for my COT Class,however, this will help with security) This particular placement is advantageous to teachers, counselors, and self-help gurus. You are probably full of good advice for everyone around; however, make sure they want to hear what you have to say before you put forth that advice.

Shatril

Shatril
January 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
It fit for the most part, with a few differences. I try to keep things in balance within me as much as possible (maybe thanks to Libra's influences), so most of the time centering isn't really a problem. The advice thing was dead-on. A lot of people have come up to me for it, and I've obliged.

Even that last little bit about make sure the advice is welcomed hits to a T. Sometimes people would come up to me to answer something, just to say I'm not making any sense and that they waisted thier time.
(same has happened when I've approached others just how you wrote it). More oft than not, however, my advice was appreciated. I definitely have the inborn pre-disposition to teach others.

As for the intercepted signs, did I also share those with Aloukaloo? Or did the similarities end at the duplicated signs?

You shared the interceptions with Aloukaloo. It was uncanny, but because of other things in your chart the reading would be slightly different.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

thought_on_a_wind
January 17th, 2008, 03:17 AM
You need to feel secure in your home and family life, and this came up in your North Node also, so you want to make sure that you work on that first Chakra Balance (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=163795). (This is a blatant advertisment for my COT Class,however, this will help with security)

Tried that exercise today, after having a little bit of a bad spot this morning, worked pretty good all things considered. (couldn't go barefoot outside) It sort of resembled an exercise that I used to do before certain events in my life transpired.

Shatril
January 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Tried that exercise today, after having a little bit of a bad spot this morning, worked pretty good all things considered. (couldn't go barefoot outside) It sort of resembled an exercise that I used to do before certain events in my life transpired.

There are other meditations and exercises in the 1.2-1.4 classes as well. All designed to help balance this chakra.

Yeah, that was originally written in the warmer weather. Can still use the concept inside though.

:hug: Shatril

aluokaloo
January 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM
From here (http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm)

Aries-Libra Intercepted: Intercepted Aries makes it difficult to take action. Since Pisces is the sign on the cusp (beginning) of the house, the person will generally find it easy to daydream in the area of life ruled by that house, and daydream, and daydream…Taking action tends to get put off. When they finally do act, they are likely to suddenly dive in as if they had never thought about the thing they were considering. Pisces is dreamy and peaceful. Aries is aggressive. Intercepted Aries makes it difficult to be assertive in the life area ruled by the house where it is located. Pisces on the cusp would rather avoid confrontation. Those with an intercepted Aries may fear taking action or asserting themselves. Emotional pressure can build up, and when they finally do assert themselves, they frequently explode, doing something totally inappropriate.

In the opposite house, it is difficult for them to form partnerships where both parties are equal. For example, if the intercepted Libra is in the 6th house, that would cause problems treating co-workers as equals. If it were in the 11th house, the problem would be with friends. Since Virgo is the sign on the house cusp, a person with intercepted Libra will be seen as a servant in that area, or as someone who is always supplying services, or who always has the answers. Conversely, other people may be the ones who are forced into the role of servants. A balanced relationship is difficult to achieve and sustain.

How do you deal with these problems? Look to Venus and Mars in your horoscope. Their sign and house placements, as well as the aspects they form may offer a way out. Also, see which signs appear on two houses. The functions of these “duplicated signs” and the areas of your life affected by the houses they occupy can give you an escape hatch from the interceptions.

Let us know how this fits you Aluokaloo.

hi shatril thank you for taking the time to do this,
well I do daydream alot but I'm a lot more cautious then that and I dislike diving into anything without thinking it through and trying to formulate some sort of plan, it's not perfect and never complete but as long as it's half way thought through I can work on it from there.Although I've often wished I could be alot bolder in my endeavors. I am a procrastinator however because I'm lazy. As for being peaceful, I am very verbally aggressive, and I've never had a problem holding back, I used to explode alot, but in the past few years I've been working on controlling my hot temper and learning to listen. I have problems asserting myself physically because I'm not a physically violent person (coward would be the word in my case:smileroll) I am a very eager to please person, I like to make those close to me happy, but servant definately doesn't fit me because the moment someone tries to take a dominant role or make me feel subservient, I'm long gone. I have a big problem working with others and would prefer to work alone this does fit me in some ways on how I used to be, and how I still am.

aluokaloo
January 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM

Cancer /Capricorn duplicated. You want to feel secure in your daily activities, your home, and you family life. You will take steps to assure this security. You are sure that you are methodical when it comes to study and learning, and probably to well when you are applying yourself, which is most of the time. You seek out opportunities for further learning in areas of philosophy, and other "profound" subjects. You may have the capacity to astral travel. You enjoy long distance travel and seek opportunities to do this. In whatever areas you choose to express yourself in these areas, you will organize, build and be efficient in your approach.

Again thanks Shatril! :hugz:
actually I am very insecure and do strongly need a sense of security and a home in which to feel secure in, I'm sooooo inorganized it's not even funny, the mental part of organization I do well with as I explained in the interceptions part, but when it comes right down to the physical part, I procrastinate because more often then not it's something I don't want to do so I put it off. I don't think I have the capacity to travel astrally, because I've tried and I end up falling asleep or getting frustrated and not doing it. I do have a streak of wanderlust, but lately it's been dulled and I've become a homebody.

Shatril
January 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
hi shatril thank you for taking the time to do this,
well I do daydream alot but I'm a lot more cautious then that and I dislike diving into anything without thinking it through and trying to formulate some sort of plan, it's not perfect and never complete but as long as it's half way thought through I can work on it from there.Although I've often wished I could be alot bolder in my endeavors. I am a procrastinator however because I'm lazy. As for being peaceful, I am very verbally aggressive, and I've never had a problem holding back, I used to explode alot, but in the past few years I've been working on controlling my hot temper and learning to listen. I have problems asserting myself physically because I'm not a physically violent person (coward would be the word in my case:smileroll) I am a very eager to please person, I like to make those close to me happy, but servant definately doesn't fit me because the moment someone tries to take a dominant role or make me feel subservient, I'm long gone. I have a big problem working with others and would prefer to work alone this does fit me in some ways on how I used to be, and how I still am.

Well it looks like you use the Mars to handly difficult situations rather than Venus. When these are written in generalities, not everything is going to fit. You have other things in that chart that probably override some of the tendencies of these things expressed here. I'm satisfied that if fits a little better than I expected. I really appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback. I'm going to be doing more this weekend. I hope.