PDA

View Full Version : Knitted Goddess

Annorah
February 23rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
Merry Meet!

Here is a picture of a trio of knitted goddesses I have just finished. I would welcome your comments.

(From Left to Right - Isis, Iris and Brighid)

I am already busy working on the next group - probably Hecate, Nut and Eostre.

Thank you.

Annorah

Brightshores
February 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Beautiful work!! :)

Merrilyn
February 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
I've never seen these before.. Lovely idea! I think you could sell these. :)
best Wishes, and keep creating!

Annorah
February 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Many thanks for your positive responses - it means a lot to me.

Perhaps I should have said that these are my own designs? I hadn't seen anything similar in knitted form so I thought I would have a go myself and these were the result.

Merrilyn
February 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Even better that they are originals.. Have you contemplated selling them?

Brightshores
February 24th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I particularly like the beaded accents, the hair, and the facial expressions. :) I agree with Merrilyn - you probably could sell them! They would make lovely gifts.

Willow Rosette
February 25th, 2007, 02:13 AM
OOOHHHHHH they are adorable!

Laoghaire
February 25th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Maybe it doesn't sound to say (They're Godesses after all!) but... They're sooooo cute... Amazing, really...
I wish I could knit... I can only crochet...

I want to see more!

Annorah
February 25th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Thank you, all

I will post more photos as I complete more - poor Hecate is just a wig at the moment!

CatDancing
March 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM
Hi Annorah!
I've seen different types of Goddess dolls before, but never knitted ones. What a great idea and you did a terrific job working out the patterns for them. I'm a knitter too, so I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into a project like this. The individual touches you gave them really give them personality and I'll be looking forward to seeing the next group...especially poor Hecate when she gets her body (LOL)! KNIT ON!!
Brightest Blessings!
CatDancing

Annorah
March 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Dear All

Eostre is finally finished - she is the subject of an Ostara giveaway if anyone is interested - see this thread

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=152114

Hecate is still a collection of bits but hopefully I will get her made up very soon and Nut is still at the planning stage. I am also thinking about a Beltane giveaway - possibly Venus as I have the germ of an idea - if anyone has any other suggestions I would be only too pleased to hear them

Thanks again for all your positive comments.

Brightest Blessings

Prinsazz
March 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
They are wonderful!!! My knitting is restricted to scarves and I am in awe of people like you who can make them. They are great