PDA

View Full Version : Aliens appearing in ancient legends?

Das_Blutbad
March 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
does anyone think it's possible for the giants in ancient pagan stories are actualy aliens?

Willow Rosette
March 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I dont know about that but I heard once that one of the egyptian hyroglyphics (sorry bad spelling) looks like a helocopter and someone that that was a sign of aliens.

Rainbow
March 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I dont know about that but I heard once that one of the egyptian hyroglyphics (sorry bad spelling) looks like a helocopter and someone that that was a sign of aliens.

I saw the alleged helicopter and ufo, and I'm not convinced. It looks to me to be a coincidence, they probably tried "correcting" an earlier phrase.

As far as the possibility of mythological beings being aliens... it's possible, I guess, but I wouldn't personally count on it.

Willow Rosette
March 4th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I saw the alleged helicopter and ufo, and I'm not convinced. It looks to me to be a coincidence, they probably tried "correcting" an earlier phrase.

No I was not convinced either but it came to mind when I read the first post. I did think it was an interesting concept though.

Rainbow
March 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM
It's certainly interesting, of course, but when it comes to aliens and ancient cultures I definitely tend toward the "skeptic" view, and that's speaking as somebody with an interest in both ancient cultures and ufology.

Part of it is that I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them. Goes the other way, too, though. There was one doc I watched that tried to prove that the ancient Egyptians had light bulbs or at least predicted the light bulb. Give me a break.

As far as giants go, I think it would be far more likely for a mythological giant or a deity to be somehow from another world, whether in our classic extraterrestrial sense or in a different one.

Das_Blutbad
March 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
well i mean let's think for a minute here...
in the egyptian pictures in the pyramids there are pictures of little guys (us) working for tall guys with oval heads (possible aliens).

see what i'm getting at?

Rainbow
March 11th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I strongly doubt Amarna period Egyptian art is proof that there were aliens. You are referring to depictions of Akhenaten, correct? First, I should mention that Egyptian art was highly symbolic. If we are to believe these were meant to be naturalistic, we would have to believe that their torsos were twisted ("Walk like an Egyptian?"). Of course, they are not. So to see figures that look strange in Egyptian art doesn't necessarily mean the people looked odd, as there were symbolic purposes for the reason they were drawn that way. For example, having a figure be larger than all the other figures denotes importance, not actual size.

Depictions during this period changed significantly, and Akhenaten (and others, of course) was not always depicted in the same way. You can find many of the creepy alien-like statues and carvings of him, some of which have not only oval heads but strange eyes as well, but you can also find more "human" looking pictures of him, especially early on.

Personally I feel art depicting Akhenaten was probably just an exaggerated expression of how he looked, not art depicting alien visitors or whatever. That's what I thought when I saw the reconstruction of Tutankhamun's skull, it's slightly elongated-looking, and considering he was related to Akhenaten it makes sense.

Agaliha
May 29th, 2007, 12:23 AM
does anyone think it's possible for the giants in ancient pagan stories are actualy aliens?

Yup. I do. Call me wacko, I don't care. I think it's possible what we call "gods" could have been inspired by aliens. We (humanity) then told stories, which were handed down orally for countless generations (changed, added on to, etc) until they were what we call the gods (which by the ancient time meshed with the culture, etc). Fits with my view that the gods are our creations, our way to explain the unknown, the world, the universe.

:spaceman:

elessar
May 29th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Aliens and UFO's have always been present in human foclore. Reports of strange occurences and lights in the sky exist since ancient egypt.

Agaliha
May 29th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Even in the Bible. And probably before, we just didn't have the written language to keep records. :2G:

Cassie
May 29th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I don't know about the giants in particular but I do think it is possible that the supernatural creatures of some ancient cultures and legends might be based on extra terrestrial encounters. But while I believe that aliens might have visited our planet in the past and might still be doing so, I am a sceptic about many of the claims and supposed evidence for such things. Also, I very much agree with what Rainbow says here;-

... I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them...

omar
August 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
The Nephilim or Watchers listed in the Bible was giant Aliens,that lived here and ruled the earth for 250,000 years. Before they left earth & stopped interfering in human affairs. This is why the Vatican believes there are Aliens.

ladyaset
October 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I am one of those that believes there were ET's very early on. I have looked into this subject for awhile and many times I have came across what I perceive as aliens.

Nicholas
October 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Well I've heard of interesting theories behind ancient Giants... it seems that the Cyclopes was a human invented mythological being. Skeletal structures of ancient Proboscidea fossils were dug up by such ancient peoples, animals which fall under the genus Proboscidea are elephants and ancient relatives. Their bones were confused for that of a humanoid, and instead of human like skull they found one which looked like a monster with one eye... thus the myth was born. I think there are many resources on the subject. As for the other giants in ancient history, I say there are very earthly explanations which are applicable.

ignescentphoenix
October 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I doubt it, but i never say never.

If the aliens came then, then why don't they come now? It seems people are insinuating that the egyptians actually consulted with aliens, so I don't know why they wouldn't consult with us now.

I do think there is extraterrestrial life. I believe some of it is intelligent. The technology it would take for long term space travel is highly advanced. If aliens came to our planet, then they would probably have to be thousands of years, maybe millions, ahead of us.

So, I don't think the old ones are aliens. Unless, they crash landed or something.

LostSheep
October 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I doubt it, but i never say never.

If the aliens came then, then why don't they come now? It seems people are insinuating that the egyptians actually consulted with aliens, so I don't know why they wouldn't consult with us now.

Maybe they are; or maybe they will be, sooner than we expect, perhaps.

Who can say for sure?

ignescentphoenix
October 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe they are; or maybe they will be, sooner than we expect, perhaps.

Who can say for sure?

If they are, than they are trying to hide it. Why would they only take the hillbillies? I'd figure they would take our smartest or sumting. I have no doubt that eventually we will come across an alien race someday. I hope its in my lifetime, unless they are unfriendly. If they are unfriendly than I want to be in the ground :lol:.

No one can say for sure, but I highly doubt the pyramids were inspired or built by the aliens.

Caitlin.ann
October 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I give our ancestors credit for our earlier history, not aliens. Maybe its because of my deep reverence for ancient humans, so much so that I won't even consider the possibility of ET's coming to earth and forming much of our early wonders for the early humans. I call it human industriousness.

Glowingsun
October 13th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I think now we have discovered too much evidence of aliens for them not to be real.
I believe in way that humans are aliens. We just kinda appeared here. Of course I still believe in evolution. But mammals haven't been around for as long as lizards and reptiles. And mammals are becomming extinct faster then the latter.
We cannot possibly the only life forms around and there has to be planets in other galaxies that are much older with far more advanced civilizations.

I'm not sure how you people feel about Silvia Browne. I agree she's not always right. But she claims to have had an encounter with an alien. She says that they really look like us with only a few differences and they wear suits that are different than what we wear. She may be right.

Valnorran
October 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Is it possible? Sure, anything is. Is it probable? Not very, IMO. I think what's happening is we're seeing these images through the lens of 21st century pop culture. To us they look like aliens or spacecraft. When the original artists were creating it and the original people were viewing it, I'd wager they were seeing something very different.

Part of it is that I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them.
Unfair? I find it downright insulting.

I give our ancestors credit for our earlier history, not aliens. Maybe its because of my deep reverence for ancient humans, so much so that I won't even consider the possibility of ET's coming to earth and forming much of our early wonders for the early humans. I call it human industriousness.
Ditto.

Xander67
November 19th, 2008, 04:16 AM
No I was not convinced either but it came to mind when I read the first post. I did think it was an interesting concept though.

I think it is not only possible but what else could have it been.

how do you move several million stones, each weighing approx 200 tons each on logs?? and then a statue weighing 2 thousand tons down river on a barge?

we have nothing on this planet that can lift anything heavier than 200 tons. how would a 2,000 ton statue float on a barge??

I just got some fresh video that I am uploading, I was actually just messing around getting some video of the moon for a production I am working on, what I captured is not a star, not a planet, and not a satelite.. unless they have satelites or planets capable of this type of orbit and light pattern..

it is all raw footage, I will post a link to the video here once it it uploaded..

Xander67
November 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM
The Nephilim or Watchers listed in the Bible was giant Aliens,that lived here and ruled the earth for 250,000 years. Before they left earth & stopped interfering in human affairs. This is why the Vatican believes there are Aliens.

the vatican has quite a bit of money invested in the astronomy field. they have the most sophisticated telescope on the planet for observing the sun..

Xander67
November 19th, 2008, 04:27 AM

ok, then explain the temple of osiris? and how the symbols found inside there have been attempted to be supressed for years by archaeologists, their explanation for how those 200 ton stones were moved on logs is so wacked it is pathetic, first of all, a 200 ton stone would crush a log and to move it as far as they say and to cut it with copper? how do you cut stone with copper?? an impossibility..

I have no doubt in my mind that the Ancient Atlanteans, and Egyptians were advanced.. but why be closed minded to the possibility that other worldly beings have been helping humanity back then, just as DR Mitchel and DR Salla say they do today... there are over 300 government officials includeing military, former cia, and area 51 Employees that are willing to go under oath and tell their story...

To say that aliens did not help us is a bit Egotistical?? as a society.. we are not that advanced, and without the help of our intergalactic friends, we would probably not be here now.

Xander67
November 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM
this is way out of the realm of the paranormal, *sighs* we need an exopolitcal forum this is more of an exopolitical discussion.. none the less,

with reguards to Other worldly beings co-existing with us, the original Hebrew text of the bible makes frequent mention of the Nephelim..

Zecharia Sitchin started his research by questioning Biblical tales while still at school in his native Israel. He notes that parts of Genesis (6:4) reads "There were giants in the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came into the daughters of men, and they bare children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
Sitchin went much further examining the old Hebrew texts. He realised that the Hebrew word "Nefilim" was indeeed the name for the giants talked of in the Bible and the "men of renown" were really men of the "shem". More importantly Nefilim in its original Sumerian interpretation literally means "those who came down to earth from heaven".