PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a mad digiscrapper

Layla
March 19th, 2007, 09:18 AM
If you like them please leave me some love, and constructive criticisms welcome. The attachments have been downsized and may not show detail quite the way I wish they would, but all of my pages are actually meant to print at 8"X8" :D.

Layla
March 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
I got tons of them. :hahugh:

Shadow Angel
March 22nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
Very good stuff there Layla.xx
You are very creative.

Layla
March 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much! Its become an obsession, almost.

Annest
March 22nd, 2007, 10:36 AM
oh, did I read the name on the thread wrong... _inabox_

Layla I think that you are very good at scrapbooking(do you say that) They are wonderful.

Anne

aniraangel
March 22nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
they're lovely. :)

... you must use a lot of ink.

Layla
March 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
oh, did I read the name on the thread wrong... _inabox_

Layla I think that you are very good at scrapbooking(do you say that) They are wonderful.

AnneLMAO! I just realized that the syllables could have been broken up to say digis-crapping :hehehe:...whoopsie! Yes I do say scrapbooking, I just used digi-scrapping to indicate that I don't use paper, scissors and glue. ALL my work is done using PSP. *snort giggle* digis-crapping....

they're lovely. :)

... you must use a lot of ink.Yea the whole ink and photopaper gig is a giant PITA but much less so than the thought of developing pics, purchasing scrapping supplies, glue, pens, scissors, mess, filing, more mess (filing is not my thing!) and then trying to accomplish any of that with an active toddler in the house :hrmm: If I had to do all that I'd never scrapbook at all!

A few more...just a few...next post so I can be sure not to repost :hahugh:.

Layla
March 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
OK I will not repost now....

Annest
March 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
[FONT=Fixedsys]LMAO! I just realized that the syllables could have been broken up to say digis-crapping :hehehe:...whoopsie! Yes I do say scrapbooking, I just used digi-scrapping to indicate that I don't use paper, scissors and glue. ALL my work is done using PSP. *snort giggle* digis-crapping....

:lookwhats

Layla
March 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
More, some older ones.

alwaysfallingup
March 25th, 2007, 12:23 AM
These are absolutely awesome! I'm a scrapper, too, but I go the old-fashioned route. However, you've got me intrigued now. I'm thinking about all the space I could save on supplies and how many copies I could make for family and friends....

If you don't mind answering some questions from an interested party, what kind of program do you use? Where did you get it? Do you just download your embellishments somehow, or do you design them yourself? Is it drop-and drag or do you have to have mad computer skillz to use it?

I'd really love to get some information, maybe even some website recommendations or page sharing going on!

~Alisha~

Willow Rosette
March 25th, 2007, 12:44 AM
OMG as a mother of a 4 year old I totally love the "Grumpy Girl". That totally fits Toria!

Layla
March 25th, 2007, 03:21 AM
These are absolutely awesome! I'm a scrapper, too, but I go the old-fashioned route. However, you've got me intrigued now. I'm thinking about all the space I could save on supplies and how many copies I could make for family and friends....

If you don't mind answering some questions from an interested party, what kind of program do you use? Where did you get it? Do you just download your embellishments somehow, or do you design them yourself? Is it drop-and drag or do you have to have mad computer skillz to use it?

I'd really love to get some information, maybe even some website recommendations or page sharing going on!

~Alisha~Thanks so much! I would NEVER be able to make a page with paper so I am mightily impressed by anybody who can. I would probably glue myself to my LO and my LO to the table...I use Paintshop Pro X for my pages. I got my copy as a gift but it can be purchased and downloaded at the Corel website. Its my understanding that many scrappers also swear by the various versions of Photoshop but I never could get the hang of that program, though I do have it somewhere...I get a lot of my papers and embellies by following the scrap-designer's blogs and downloading samples and freebies. A few forums also offer free kits. I am on tons of mailing lists and of course they have stores for this stuff online and I have purchased quite a few kits too ;). Its definitely addicting!

I think PSP is very easy to use personally. It has a help section to guide you through its use. I am self-taught for the most part, although I did consult a few online tutorials here and there. And I have been known to scraplift if I spot a great LO somewhere.

I am gonna PM you with more details before I bore everybody who might wanna wade through my little pages. :)

Layla
March 25th, 2007, 03:35 AM
OMG as a mother of a 4 year old I totally love the "Grumpy Girl". That totally fits Toria!I'd love to try making a layout of Toria if you'd like me to :) I have seen other people make gifts of these pages on websites, but have yet to try making a page for someone else yet. Seems like it might kick a person out of a rut caused by scrapping the same faces over and over...cough cough!

Layla
March 25th, 2007, 04:46 AM
:fpeek: Yes I have more...I think I need PSP Anonymous!

Willow Rosette
March 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'd love to try making a layout of Toria if you'd like me to :) I have seen other people make gifts of these pages on websites, but have yet to try making a page for someone else yet. Seems like it might kick a person out of a rut caused by scrapping the same faces over and over...cough cough!

Sssoooo glad you sent me a PM. I totally missed this. I PM'd you back with my photobucket info but I would be sooooo flattered if you wanted to have some fun with my Monkey. I can think of one pic in there that she is on a scooter and totally Diva'd with the necklaces and sunglasses that would be cute. But there are so many pictures you might get lost LMAO But by all means have some fun.

Thank you so much for offering!!

Layla
March 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Soon as my artistic muse returns from wherever she has gotten to I will do that for ya, ok? :) I am suffering from scrapper's block right now and I wanna make sure I do a great job!

Layla
March 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM

~Alisha~OH! I found a place with a monthly subscription for one year, and in October they send you the kits for Oct. Nov. and Dec. so you can get things together in time for Christmas gifts (if you give them to the non-pagan relatives or friends.) Winds up making a year-in-review book, as many copies as you need for gifts :bigblue: as long as you have photopaper and ink to print them!

I am sooooo wanting to sign up but am lacking fundage this year. Next year its going to be a priority!

Childof_theMorrigan
March 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM
oh WOW how did you learn to do that in PSP?

i would LOVE TO do that! those are gorgeous!

Layla
March 29th, 2007, 07:01 PM
oh WOW how did you learn to do that in PSP?

i would LOVE TO do that! those are gorgeous!Honestly? I tripped over the concept one day while trying to gather more tubes :hehehehe: or possibly plugins/presets for PSP. I clicked to see what it was all about? And the rest is history!

Its not particularly hard if you know your way around PSP, actually. Its a little trimming of "papers" and a few drop-shadows. Some resizing and some colorizing if necessary. That's it, really! Good layered templates help and often the designers have those on their blogs for free as samples of their work. In fact a lot of my materials came free from scouring the internet by way of scrappers's blogs. There are many forums and tutorials around for digital scrapping, too.

I cannot wait to get past my scrapper's block and get to making some more! :)

alwaysfallingup
March 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I was looking back over your layouts, and I really LOOOOVE the "Precious" one. I'm a sucker for the country prim look, and the little stars at the top did me in. ;)

Lunar_Dragonfly
May 17th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Those are all really amazing. If I may ask, what kind of software do you use to do all that?

gypsytrails
September 23rd, 2008, 07:34 PM
I love these pages...what scrapbook program do you use to create these?