PDA

View Full Version : the history

WaterRaven
April 17th, 2002, 02:42 PM
We are doing an English project on Macbeth and one of the project options is a power point presentation. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with witchcraft from the 16th century. Thanks. I hope this in the right forum.

Theres
April 17th, 2002, 03:18 PM
i have no idea what a 'power point presentation is, but maybe this will help...

http://www.roanoke.edu/history/Leeson/witchcraft_intro.htm

it's a series of lectures on the history of witchcraft fromm 1100 - 1750 CE.

or perhaps one of these links...

http://www.roanoke.edu/history/Leeson/Witchcraft/Links.htm

good luck!

Danustouch
April 17th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Also, there are a couple of threads bouncing around in here, about legendary and folk witches. Some of the cases mentioned in these threads, have to do with people from that era. I will look into it and bump some of them for you.

Danustouch
April 17th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Some threads which might be pertinent to your project, are the threads right on this page..

Folk magic, and archeological finds, Britain,
Legendary and Folk Witches,
Malleus Malificarum,
When Did Goddess worship in Ireland begin.

This last thread was split in two. One of them dealing with a famous case of suspected witchcraft..I believe in the era of which you are questioning.

Mnemosyne
April 17th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Danustouch offered you some good threads to check out. Perhaps you can also ask questions in the Literature forum, since Macbeth is a literary work. Maybe people who check out that forum can give you some good advice. I love doing to Power Point presentations. I seldom have the time to do them though. People really like to see pictures during presentations; pictures keep our attention. Perhaps you can find some good books at the library and scan some pictures for you presentation. Or you can check out some websites to get pictures. Remember to ask the website for permission to use the pictures though. There's my two cents.

WaterRaven
April 20th, 2002, 11:19 PM
THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR HELP! I appreciate it very much!

Danustouch
April 21st, 2002, 09:22 AM
You are most welcome, that is what this forum is here for :) Please let us know how the project turns out! I'm expecting you to get an A...young lady!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!