PDA

View Full Version : More on MILs

LightDancer
March 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Kay, here's the deal.

My MIL only calls when my stepdaughter is down, who lives in the same town as MIL and whom MIL sees all the time.

She makes no effort what-so-ever to come and see my other children, not even a phone call. My youngest (Karma) is her biological grand-daughter, my oldest (Phoenix) is not my husbands biological child...but he's the only daddy she has ever known.

My kids hardly realize they have other grandparents other than my parents and Phoenix's paternal grandparents (who I have kept in contact with, and who have kind of adopted Karma as their grand-daughter).

So do i call my MIL on this, or do I just leave it and not rock the boat?_inabox_

Jamie

RainInanna
March 20th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I would say if the kids don't care, it's best to leave it alone. If they do, you might ask her why.

I saw a similar question to this on another forum earlier today. On both sides of my family my grandparents had favourite children and by extension, favourite grandchildren. I'm sure my surviving grandma would have favourite great grandchildren now if any of us grandchildren could care to bring our kids over. It's just too much drama for me and I can't be bothered. My son has many family and friends who are fighting over who gets to visit with him, I couldn't care less if my grandma is interested to be one of them.

LightDancer
March 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
yah, that's pretty much my thoughts on it.....the kids enjoy the grandparents that do make an effort. Dragging them into a bunch of drama is not healthy.

Thnx...i guess i just needed an outside opinion:)

Jamie