PDA

View Full Version : Website for Japanese demons with cute pics!

BenSt
March 26th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hey hey all,

So in my continuing study of Demonology, Beastiariams and world wide spirits... I came across this really neat project. Its the Obakemono project, and it's trying to illustrate and give information on the majority of the Yokai that are from traditional and non manga sources.

www.obakemono.com

Its pretty neat website with some updated images based on traditional images. Its so far has 83 different types but the website says it wants to catalogue atleast 200. Its such an easy website to navigate too.

Happy Hunting :).

Namaste

Tobias

angle kitsune
March 26th, 2007, 02:48 AM
hm that website is very good and will help me alot with my next project for my japanese class. Cant thank you enough!

SilverClaw
March 26th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Wow now I do not have to relook up all the sites I use to have for my novel research, everything I need is right in that site Yahoo :D

:fpraise: :fpraise: :fpraise: :fpraise: thank you Galadraal :hahugh:

David19
March 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM
The sites looks really cool, thanks Galadraal.

Now, if there was only one of Middle Eastern supernatural beings....

BenSt
March 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Your welcome...

I know theres not one on middle eastern beings but what I would recommend are two books:

Carol Rose' two compendiums on Spirits, Leprechauns and Goblins: An Encyclopedia.... and Giants, Dragons, and Monsters: An Encyclopedia.

Theres also this website that appeares to have different creatured from Thai art and mythology:

http://www.himmapan.com/

Meadhbh
March 26th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Interesting. It looks like a nice site.

_Banbha_
March 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM
This looks interesting and it's beautiful too.

Thanks for sharing!

David19
March 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Your welcome...

I know theres not one on middle eastern beings but what I would recommend are two books:

Carol Rose' two compendiums on Spirits, Leprechauns and Goblins: An Encyclopedia.... and Giants, Dragons, and Monsters: An Encyclopedia.

Theres also this website that appeares to have different creatured from Thai art and mythology:

http://www.himmapan.com/

Thanks for those 2 books, and that site, I'll definantly have to check out the books (maybe I can compile my own site or database of Middle Eastern supernatural beings!).