PDA

View Full Version : Grace...

Narissa
April 3rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
I haven't been on here in ages, but I am going to post some photos of my baby because I love to make people look at them. Muahahaha. She is such a character now, although she is making these awful screeching high pitched squeals all the time now, for no reason, it's totally random and ear piercing :/ Gah... I don't know why she's doing it but other than that she is doing well... I do have a question though, she will be 6 months in 10 days and she cannot sit up or crawl yet. She tries to sit up when she's laying down, but is nowhere near actually being able to do it, if I sit her up she can stay sitting for a little while, but when she moves she will fall forward or to the side. She can roll from her back to her front to her back over and over again, but the closest she gets to crawling is poking her bum in the air and balancing on her toes. Is she falling behind with development? Because I know they should be sitting and crawling at 6 months, but I don't see that happening. I do have a doc appointment soon for her next immunisations, so I'll ask then as well, but for people with children of their own, were your children sitting and crawling by 6 months?

On a better note, here is pictures...

Ceres
April 3rd, 2007, 08:15 AM
No she isnt behind! They are all different and a month or two difference in reaching milestones doesnt maker her "behind" because "ahead" doesnt indicate any superior intelligence or athletic ability. She may be developing other abilities while other babies are working on sitting. At five months, a some babies are sitting, but certainly not most or all! She is cute as a button, btw!

Philosophia
April 3rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
She is gorgeous! :hugz:

RubyRose
April 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
My son didn't sit up until he was ten months old. He walked at 14 months. There's nothing wrong, she will sit up of her own accord when she is ready. Why everybody reckons six months of age is the benchmark for children sitting up on their own is beyond me. It does nothing but make all new mothers paranoid.

Lunacie
April 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
What a marvelous happy grin! :)

I remember when my grandkids went through that screeching period, they're just trying out their vocal cords to see what kinds of noise they can make. And they haven't learned to adjust their volume yet at that age. Some of them develop a very deep voice by the time they're 4 or 5 and you really wonder what they'll sound like as adults. :geez:

My daughter and my first granddaughter sat up alone at 3 months and walked alone at 7 months. When my second granddaughter didn't walk alone until 9 months I was starting to think something was wrong with her. Aren't we silly about our kids? We're in such a hurry for them to grow up and then suddenly they're teens and we wish they were babies again. ;)

Morr
April 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
She is beautiful and you can see that she is quite the character!

Prinsazz
April 4th, 2007, 03:46 AM
she is so so cute! Im going to want one now!!!

Puppetmaker40
April 4th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

I do have one question. Are you giving her any tummy time? (time on her tummy supervised). With all the warnings about not allowing our children to sleep on their tummies and the like, I think that they don't get enough time on their tummies which helps them develop muscle groups that can only be worked on while they are on their tummies. My little one (well not that little anymore because she is 4 now) didn't really sit up or roll over until we started giving her tummy time to help her develop those muscle groups. Again we always did this while supervising her but it helped her.

Narissa
April 9th, 2007, 02:13 AM
We do give her tummy time, although she prefers to lie on her back. Until recently she would chuck a huge tanty everytime she rolled onto her stomach, now she doesn't mind laying on her belly, but she prefers to stand, which she can't do on her own. She tries to sit up, so I pull her up to sitting and then she will pull herself to standing, which is what she likes. She will lay on her tummy as well now and roll all over the place and she sticks her bum in the air and pushes herself with her legs, but isn't crawling and after a while she gets very grumpy and so we turn her on her back which she is much happier with.