PDA

View Full Version : Updates on my books & series...

Yasmine Galenorn
April 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
The Sisters of the Moon Series: I received an offer for books 4-6 from my publisher and happily accepted. I'm beginning book 4 (DRAGON DREAMING) now. DARKLING is on my editor's desk. CHANGELING comes out June 5, 2007. WITCHLING is still selling well.

Both the Chintz 'n China Series & The Bath & Body Series are on indefinite hiatus at this point. While I enjoyed both, my heart and strength as a writer rest within the fantasy/urban fantasy genre and that's where I'm doing the best work and making the most impact for my career. So Emerald & Persia are on vacation--if there are any changes to this plan I'll announce it via my site. Right now there are no plans by my publisher to reprint Legend of the Jade Dragon.

EMBRACING THE MOON (as I wrote in another thread) is being phased out of print.

Recently we found that someone had pirated WITCHLING to an online site for download. This is AGAINST THE LAW. If you see this being done, know that it's cheating the authors out of their earnings as well as the publisher. The files have since been removed, but it pissed me off so damned much.

If you find sites offering illegal downloads of this nature, you will be doing the author a great favor by bringing it to both their attention and the attention of their publisher. Thank you for helping us ensure we'll be able to actually make a living off of the long hours and hard work we put in on our books. There is absolutely no excuse for doing this when copyright laws are printed on the inside of each book.

Anyway, that's what's going on in the world of my writing as of now.

Yasmine :colorful:

Xentor
April 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Great news! Will be looking forward to Changeling!

Yasmine Galenorn
July 12th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Great news! Will be looking forward to Changeling!

Changeling hit the USA Today bestseller's list for two weeks running, and I am madly busy on the fourth book. :)

Hope everybody's fine here. I'm just running in place to keep up with my work and home life, but overall, we're happy and healthy.

Yazza :colorful:

MerrisHawk
January 14th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I was in Hastings today and an eye-catching book cover had me picking up Darkling. I love the blurb, how long did this set stew in the back of your head? I'll have to get the whole set together and share with the sisters, this series sounds HOT!!!
Way to go Lady!

Yasmine Galenorn
March 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I was in Hastings today and an eye-catching book cover had me picking up Darkling. I love the blurb, how long did this set stew in the back of your head? I'll have to get the whole set together and share with the sisters, this series sounds HOT!!!
Way to go Lady!

The series is doing really great--Darkling hit the New York Times bestseller list (the expanded section, not the short list, but that's still amazing to me!). I've always wanted to write fantasy, and the idea for this series came to me in 2005, my publisher loved it, the first book--Witchling--came out in 2006, October. Changeling came out June 2007, and Darkling just came out in January 2008. All three hit the USA Today list, too, so it's broken out in a big way and I'm swamped with work and promo stuff.

Dragon Wytch (back to Camille's point of view) will be out July 2008, and then the next (we're not quite settled on a title) in Jan 09. There will be at least nine books in the series, and the way things are going, probably more. :)

I love writing this series, and love that people have taken it to heart. :)

Yasmine :colorful: