PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Game of all time!

spiritbear99
April 14th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Let's have it, gamers!

For me, it's a tie between The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) and Final Fantasy VII (PC/PS). Most likely b/c these were the first two games I played when I really got into video games. So there's a bit of nostalgia, but I also feel that there is nothing I would change about either of these games... except making Zelda a little bit harder, which they did with Master's Quest for GameCube.

-- Gally

funkyasl
April 16th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Lara croft : The Last revelation......

LadyMel
April 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Has to be World of Warcraft (PC), love it but far to addicted to it ehe :)

CoolJ
April 16th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Just about any LucasArts adventure game, but I'll pull up Full Throttle in particular since it was a birthday present from my best friend, who eventually moved across the country, not to mention the ending to it brings me to tears everytime, and it's a damn fine game. The character development was spot on, the music was great, and the gameplay and story had a good mix of drama and comedy. I also love Grim Fandango for the same reasons.

I also love Deus Ex (the first game, for PC)... I don't think there were many games before it that offered that sense of open gameplay and a rich, detailed environment... There are a few things that could stand to improvement (Ie voice acting, especially in Hong Kong :lol:) but otherwise, including the beautiful music, it's amazing in my eyes... I've had it since release, still play it and find new things to this day

Other major favorites of mine are Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion, the Splinter Cell series, and the Hitman series...

ShadowStalker
April 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm a dork, but...

Doom or Heretic/Hexxen on the comp.

Tomb Raider or Soul Reaver on Playstation

Nights into Dreams on Dreamcast

Tetris on regular NIN or gameboy.

:p

ShadowcatX
April 17th, 2007, 09:34 AM
A few months ago I would have said FFVI (FFIII on super nintendo) without hesitation. However, World of Warcraft is darn addicting so it's a toss up between those two wonders now.

aeroeng
April 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. I love that game and can't wait for them to make it available for download on the Wii (they made Tecmo Bowl, an inferior game, available...which has me a little upset).

Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past was pretty darn good as well.

Tzhebee
April 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Metroid was my first love, followed quickly by Zelda, the Final Fantasy series and Tomb Raider. I also had a soft spot for the Resident Evil games. Oh, and that stupidly addicting Journey game for the Atari...omg. I must have broke at least 4 controllers when Mario Party came out for the game cube. :lol:

Currently, I'm hooked on PC games (WoW, GW, BF1942, etc), despite the fact that we've got 5 different console and 4 different hand-helds in the house. :p I just can't pick ONE favorite.

gypsy0108
April 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Diablo 2 has been my fav for a few years now.
on xbox it is either BloodRayne 2 or Tomb Raider legend
Looking into trying WoW now it looks like it may become my next fav

Eternal Night
April 18th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Well it's a tie between Fable The Lost Chapters and Soulcalibur Three.
They are both completely different styles of games but are both equally fantastic!!:hahugh:

Amelserru_halqu
April 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Best game ever?

Tie Fighter

Nothing beats tie fighter. Not Half-life, not X3, not Oblivion, not Gothic 2, not any FF game, not Doom, not even KOTOR, nothing even comes close to its awesomeness. Now if you'll excuse me, I have rebels to vape.

Peter_Parker
April 19th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Well it's a tie between Fable The Lost Chapters and Soulcalibur Three.
They are both completely different styles of games but are both equally fantastic!!:hahugh:

I will also vote for Fable: The lost chapter. It sure is fantastic, no doubt.
Although, I think i would be unfair if i didn't mention the commandos series from Eidos. It's by far, the best action/strategy game.

Annest
April 19th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Well Tombraider is great, but I have to admit that Iīm a big fan of monkey island_inabox_

CoolJ
April 19th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Well Tombraider is great, but I have to admit that Iīm a big fan of monkey island_inabox_

How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

Annest
April 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
And that is suppose to mean what?

CoolJ
April 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM
And that is suppose to mean what?

It was a recurring theme / line in the series from what I remember, especially the first game, the insult sword fighting...

"You fight like a dairy farmer!" ; "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"

Annest
April 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
It was a recurring theme / line in the series from what I remember, especially the first game, the insult sword fighting...

Thanks, now you saved my day. I was about ready to pull my hair out when I couldnīt remember that.

funkyasl
April 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM

How inappropriate, i don't seem to remember that even though i have played the game several times.

CoolJ
April 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
How inappropriate, i don't seem to remember that even though i have played the game several times.

Hmmm.. maybe it was just chance with my games? :lol:

There are other lines I haven't seen, that's what's good about these games there's usually something new you didn't see when you played before.

aemaeth
April 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
It all started with Super Mario Bros. for the NES.... so, that's up there as one of my fave... next would be Unreal Tournament... mein gott... the sheer number of hours whittled away playing that game.. O.O
Right now, my fave game (as in pretty much the only game I really play, anymore) is World of Warcrack.. err... I mean World of Warcraft... ya... toooooooooo addictive lol.

Shadowulfe
April 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
for me i would have to say Final Fantasy VII hands down. i used to play that game over and over again. looking to order it from ebay so i can play it again on my PC :D

Rainbow
April 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I never really got into the Final Fantasy series (mostly because I never had the opportunity to, I suspect), but I absolutely love Zelda: Ocarina of Time.